Estonishing! (Part III: Return to Estonia)

MarcxD

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

September 2037

september_estonia.png

Important victory over Cyprus in the qualifiers, still some hope.

september.png

Another strong month with Ajax.

september_league_table.png

Still on equal points. Six more games to go...

youth_intake_2037.png

CA/PA ratings seem strong but it's all to do with the current skill level, which is quite low. 

October & November 2037

october_november.png

We screwed up a bit in the league in the end, with two losses. We had to play the play-offs, but we still managed to get promoted there!

final_league_table.png

estonia_october_november.png

The last three qualifying matches with Estonia were okay, a huge win over the Czechs but we really needed to beat Cyprus.

estonia_group.png

We did manage to finish in second place, but it wasn't enough.

second_placed_teams.png

Even if we had beaten Cyprus we wouldn't have made the top three here. Tough system.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

On 31/05/2018 at 20:54, KeeToMyHeart said:

I do like Estonia, a fantastic country in honesty. I would love to see their national team improve but the league is rather poor so I think this will stop any real progress. The teams never seem to do very well in Europe (beaten in the 1st/2nd Qualifying round) too. Hopefully you can do much better and in the process, help the league and national team improve.

I'm following with great interest! :D 

The league is improving every year because our FA have finally started endorsing it more, for example this year is the first year that the total attendance in the top three tiers (accumulated) reached over 100 000 people. Also Flora twice running Eintracht Frankfurt very close in Europa League (1:2 and 2:1 losses) shows we are doing something right. Also our young players have started heading to bigger academies (Jürgens at Hellas Verona, Tunjov at SPAL, Sapovalov at Freiburg, Hein at Arsenal,Usta at KTP) and our U17 international team beating the likes of Holland,France,Spain and Sweden thing are looking up again

24 minutes ago, VSfallin said:

The league is improving every year because our FA have finally started endorsing it more, for example this year is the first year that the total attendance in the top three tiers (accumulated) reached over 100 000 people. Also Flora twice running Eintracht Frankfurt very close in Europa League (1:2 and 2:1 losses) shows we are doing something right. Also our young players have started heading to bigger academies (Jürgens at Hellas Verona, Tunjov at SPAL, Sapovalov at Freiburg, Hein at Arsenal,Usta at KTP) and our U17 international team beating the likes of Holland,France,Spain and Sweden thing are looking up again

But current situation in national team is bad. We dont have any direction where are we heading etc. The youngsters are good coming in, but we are in a big slump currently

12 minutes ago, saihtam said:

But current situation in national team is bad. We dont have any direction where are we heading etc. The youngsters are good coming in, but we are in a big slump currently

Yep, there is a "generation that never was" on the pitch now it seems

On 14/06/2018 at 22:45, Sheriff7 said:

I believe every club in Europe should have good foreign players if they want to improve.Flora had some awfull results in European competitions from clubs like Gibraltarian Lincolnd Red Imps and maybe this was one of the reasons,Kalju if i remember right had some good results in EL.Of course you know these things better  because you are Estonian and i am just a Greek guy who like to see smaller nations get better.Estonia should be a nation who can quilify or battle for it in an Euro at  least.

Well,Flora decided to play well in Europe this year with what I think was a squad of all Estonians