FM 2009 DEMO - Hit or Miss

FM 2009 DEMO - Hit or Miss  

1,213 members have voted

1. 1. FM 2009 DEMO - Hit or Miss

• Hit
    • Miss

I said hit, the games looks ok and i really like the 3d match engine, ive not had many injuries yet but its the same stuff from 08 thats annoying the constant transfer rumours are saying im interested in players i haven't even heard of and the constant offers for your players and interested team enquiring all the time is annoying and boring and time consuming, we need something like reject all offers for teams that are interested in your players, so we dont need to deal with 30 per week during the transfer windows and unsettling the players all the time.

The assistant manager help during the game is also a great new feature but assistant manager help before the game would be good also with his idea of how we should play the game, the press conference is also quite good and its good you can set your assistant manager to do it if it gets boring.

You should be able to ask about affiliate teams more often than every 6 months or so, and be able to specify what type of team your looking for like a work permit deal, some of the players values are way to high.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I really liked the demo and I knew I could just get a patch on release. But on reflection I thought about the many people who don't have internet access or just don't even know patches exist.

I have many friends who don't even know what a patch is, in fact one friend was so frustrated with offsides in 08 he was ready to bin it until I pointed out that it could be fixed with a patch.

My point is - it’s easy to sneer and say it’s their own fault for being so dumb (which maybe it is), but FM is a very popular game and has a very diverse customer base unless there is a note in the box apologising for the bugs and details on how and where to get a patch then I feel the testers will have done a great disservice to what I think will be an excellent game.

If however the bugs are fixed before then ignore all the above comments and I look forward to some well rounded regens (please god).

Hit but ONLY because I've been lucky enough to be top of the league by the end of the given demo time. I did at one point have 11 injuries but that quickly lowered to 7 and for much of the start of the season I picked up very little injuries. If I'd been more unlucky like others then I'd say miss, although I do like plenty of other aspects of the game, especially the 3D match engine.

It pains me to say it but after playing the last two FM's on my Macbook seemlessly it seems my laptop is deemed by Si/SEGA as no longer 'good enough'.

It's hard to rate the demo when I can't even play it due to the awful bugs in the Mac version. The way it's almost locked out to a lot of people who have a macbook or a macbook pro that are ten times better than some PC's that can play the game is criminal.

It's for these reasons I give it a miss. Within 2 secs of playing I found major bugs that made it unplayable and then to find these were in part (not completely though) down to the useless way it's been 'ported' to Macs has annoyed me so much. The old FM's played just as well on macs as they did on Windows but now it seems us Mac users aren't worth bothering with : (

It pains me to say it but after playing the last two FM's on my Macbook seemlessly it seems my laptop is deemed by Si/SEGA as no longer 'good enough'.

It's hard to rate the demo when I can't even play it due to the awful bugs in the Mac version. The way it's almost locked out to a lot of people who have a macbook or a macbook pro that are ten times better than some PC's that can play the game is criminal.

It's for these reasons I give it a miss. Within 2 secs of playing I found major bugs that made it unplayable and then to find these were in part (not completely though) down to the useless way it's been 'ported' to Macs has annoyed me so much. The old FM's played just as well on macs as they did on Windows but now it seems us Mac users aren't worth bothering with : (

not long to go now

I can't believe all these people saying "it's a hit! well ok not yet, BUT it will be after a patch!"

What a load of old tosh. The released game should have been delayed and put right. I for one won't be buying it.

How would you feel if you bought a new car and were told by the manufacturer that it's no good, it will break down on your first journey; don't worry though, we will have the new parts ready for you, so that we can put it right. I'd tell them to shove their car, I want one that works properly when I buy it.

The beta testers must spend most of their time drunk to miss such glaring errors and the 3D engine is a gimmick (were they programmed on a Sinclair Spectrum?). I am so, so, so disappointed. This once great game has run it's course with me.

This will be the first edition I haven't bought (and still don't have) since its release back in the days of DOS. Actually, I may have been unfair to this demo. It has done one thing extremely well; it's prevented me from wasting £30.00

I can't believe all these people saying "it's a hit! well ok not yet, BUT it will be after a patch!"

What a load of old tosh. The released game should have been delayed and put right. I for one won't be buying it.

How would you feel if you bought a new car and were told by the manufacturer that it's no good, it will break down on your first journey; don't worry though, we will have the new parts ready for you, so that we can put it right. I'd tell them to shove their car, I want one that works properly when I buy it.

The beta testers must spend most of their time drunk to miss such glaring errors and the 3D engine is a gimmick (were they programmed on a Sinclair Spectrum?). I am so, so, so disappointed. This once great game has run it's course with me.

This will be the first edition I haven't bought (and still don't have) since its release back in the days of DOS. Actually, I may have been unfair to this demo. It has done one thing extremely well; it's prevented me from wasting £30.00

You dont have to if u dont want to simple as!

the game itself and the features is a massive hit

shame about the bugs, and i cannot win whichever way i alter my tactics it infuriates me that in pre season i lose to teams any tactic should win against i end up keep starting again, if i win a game i get outplayed on every stat other than goal for any tactics!

so hard!

I believe testers were hired to identify problems in the game...how could they overlook the amount of injuries that happen in each match. I have played many games where there have been more than 3 injuries per game...SI should take notice on this particular aspect as it totally ruins the game for us.

definately a miss but since the patch is coming out i will definately buy it. This game would totally be unacceptable on a console however as console giants sony, microsoft and nintendo demand a near bug free game before they license it but it seems with PC games aslong as it can be patched they dont mind how it comes out!

SI get some better BETA testers please! And maybe try to bring out a good game out of the box for once! Something that hasnt been done since CM 01/02 in my opinion!

definately a miss but since the patch is coming out i will definately buy it. This game would totally be unacceptable on a console however as console giants sony, microsoft and nintendo demand a near bug free game before they license it but it seems with PC games aslong as it can be patched they dont mind how it comes out!

SI get some better BETA testers please! And maybe try to bring out a good game out of the box for once! Something that hasnt been done since CM 01/02 in my opinion!

we'll find out in a week's time

What a relief, every year you say it's your last and finally it may actually be.

Deffinetly a miss! and not one single reply from SI, and i thought SKY where bad for customer service! yes im sure when its released proper it will be fine, though that will take 2 or 3mths ifnot more becouse of patches. Lets hope SI are working on them as we speak, they seem busy sein as they is no reply from them, so im guessing they are. 12 months to make it and to be honest not much has change, they must of spent the whole 12mths workin on the 3d match engine which i like i believe its a positive but does need tweaking. I do like the game and they are bugs yes and SI need to sort them! the worst for me is the typing bug its so basic its untrue! need to be fixed ASAP tbh and not 3mth down the line becouse by then alot of people will of lost intrest lookin at the comments and the poll.

Deffinetly a miss! and not one single reply from SI, and i thought SKY where bad for customer service! yes im sure when its released proper it will be fine, though that will take 2 or 3mths ifnot more becouse of patches. Lets hope SI are working on them as we speak, they seem busy sein as they is no reply from them, so im guessing they are. 12 months to make it and to be honest not much has change, they must of spent the whole 12mths workin on the 3d match engine which i like i believe its a positive but does need tweaking. I do like the game and they are bugs yes and SI need to sort them! the worst for me is the typing bug its so basic its untrue! need to be fixed ASAP tbh and not 3mth down the line becouse by then alot of people will of lost intrest lookin at the comments and the poll.

everything can change by next friday

There are loads of replies from SI on all the points the demo has raised.

Your ability to search a forum must be as bad as your ability to type, spell and formulate sentences.

So many people who mistake loyalty for ass licking in these forums.

I think you need to reverse a couple of words for that to make sense.

See my post in another thread vis a vis "loyalty", I don't have any as far as buying SI products goes.

If that's some kind of implication about my attitude to SI in general and FM09 in particular it's sadly misplaced and completely wrong.;)

my first impressions is i like it. mainly because its new FM and im addicted. however, apart from the "revolutionary" 3D match engine (which isnt excactly what i hoped it would be) and a few other fairly pointless fancy add ons its still basically the same game as last year. the training is still the same. the flawed transfer system is still the same. theres even the same players on the transfer list, same players as free agents and same staff without clubs! (daryl murphy, mustapha hadji & horst hubschmann, i could go on).

my first impressions is i like it. mainly because its new FM and im addicted. however, apart from the "revolutionary" 3D match engine (which isnt excactly what i hoped it would be) and a few other fairly pointless fancy add ons its still basically the same game as last year. the training is still the same. the flawed transfer system is still the same. theres even the same players on the transfer list, same players as free agents and same staff without clubs! (daryl murphy, mustapha hadji & horst hubschmann, i could go on).

6 days to go

Archived