Suggestion for me

kdawg91

I am still what I consider a "new" fan of football and the sport, although I have been playing this game since 2015 or 16.

What I want is to pick the brain of the forum, I generally stay in the wheelhouse of England and Germany as they are the leagues I follow the most.  BUT, I want to branch out, I have started a PSG save as a foray into the French leagues.

Who would you recommend in La Liga or Serie A for someone who doesn't have a deep knowledge of the leagues?  I am open to lower leagues and I want to learn.

I prefer pace and an attacking style of ball, and eventhough I am a bit of newbie, I earn my gold badge every season.

thanks for your choices!

9 hours ago, kdawg91 said:

Who would you recommend in La Liga or Serie A for someone who doesn't have a deep knowledge of the leagues?  I am open to lower leagues and I want to learn.

Serie A would depend what you are looking for with size of challenge:

- easy option would be Juventus. Best squad and would be expected to win the league

- would say the second best team are Napoli. If you like pace their front 3 would be brilliant for you. Pep claimed they are the best team in Europe he has faced

- Little mini group below them of Roma, Lazio and the Milan clubs (who both have rich Asian investors so should have a bit of money to spend)

- Below them there are a lot of even clubs like Torino (good young team) or Fiorentina (personal favourite)

- Then you have the smaller clubs that would be a huge challenge like Benevento who have so far played 13, lost 13!

If you want a lower league option some fun options would be Parma (Went bust in 2015 and climbing their way back through the leagues) or Lecce (disciplined after a scandal investigation and currently struggling in the third tier. Great kit though)

Portugal is always fun, there are obviously the big 3 but loads of teams produce great youngsters and the top teams are constantly letting good players go.  Fits in to what you like and would be a good challenge too.

On 21.11.2017 at 21:40, kdawg91 said:

Anybody got any views on the Spanish leagues?

I'd recommend taking a look at this thread:

Valencia for instance could be a decent start into the league if you don't want to walk it immediately, but still be capable to compete. Some great youth prospects like Soler and Lato and some great players in the likes of Guedes and Parejo.

Interesting challenges in Spain would be teams like Melilla (based in Melilla in Spanish Morocco) or one of the minor teams in Barcelona (Sant Andreu, Europa or Jupiter). Imagine overthrowing the mighty Barcelona with one of them! How about Rayo Vallecano? Third team in Madrid with a left wing fan base

Archived