football manager 2009 for £18

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just hope your boss isn't also on here :p

no chance, he repels PC's. if anyone is of the age to remember Beavis n Butthead, he reminds me of Principle McVicker and using a pc makes him nervous ha.

Hey ho... still tho, in relation to the original post, £18 is a very reasonable price for the game. Considering how much time we will spend on it, and get a year's use out, it literally is one of the best purchases I make in the year.

Times are a slight bit more hard for Birger financially of late, and having FMH09 and the love for it is gonna save me money too as I will be entertained enough staying in playing it. My girlfriend is also content with me playing it whilst she watches her million soaps a day too, very user friendly all round. Behold.... FMH. and fair play to Asda.

Does he sit there shaking as well :D

Quality programme, still funny!

:thup:

yes! precisely, i tell this to people at work and they dont understand. and his murmering, like if the phone rings he starts going errrr errrrrrrr, when i call in, thats his first words.

yeah quality, still to this day. i have all the episodes on my ipod, favourites, prank call and pregnant pause, oh and nosebleed.

anyway not to deter from thread. whilst he will be shaking at work, i will be logged in via remote access feet up playing fm hopefully. i could do with it, as i have really avoided anything for this weekend. i dont remember being this happy for new release this time last year.

Asda don't actually deliver it.

The 3rd party who does will try their very best to make sure everyone gets the game on Launch day, this will mean some people get it a day early, some a day late.

Unfortnuately it makes no difference how close you live to Asda !!

Asda don't actually deliver it.

The 3rd party who does will try their very best to make sure everyone gets the game on Launch day, this will mean some people get it a day early, some a day late.

Unfortnuately it makes no difference how close you live to Asda !!

what the betting eveyone gets it on friday and i get mine on monday.

hi guys

i know its a bit anticipating to be doing so, but i have checked my order status on ASDA website several time today.

i did it just and it has changed from....... awaiting stock pick.,.... to....... AWAITING DESPATCH.

behold! i hope this means that its physically been packed and is ready to be sent tomorrow in tomorrows post. if i got it for fri that would make my day.

i was logging in to cancel the order to go get it on the day, but am happy to see the status has changed.

fingers crossed for fri, surely saturday at the latest?

mine is also on awaiting despatch. But it says depatch is friday 14th!!!

so its more likely to be saturday. If it comes saturday i wont be playing it anyway because im off out giging so i wont have time to play it.

yeah mine says that too, the date. thing is, its said that since the day i pre ordered. so im hoping thats something related to the release date that SI set and not linked to a despatch of sent out on friday. i hope.

yours says it too. good. i cannot remember the last time i had a saturday post, there had better be one if necessary

yeah mine says that too, the date. thing is, its said that since the day i pre ordered. so im hoping thats something related to the release date that SI set and not linked to a despatch of sent out on friday. i hope.

yours says it too. good. i cannot remember the last time i had a saturday post, there had better be one if necessary

Birger Jarl,

Mine is like that now so at least that is some progress I suppose! I keep looking to see if any change on the order details to make my day so will keep you posted etc

Everything crossed!

Birger Jarl,

Mine is like that now so at least that is some progress I suppose! I keep looking to see if any change on the order details to make my day so will keep you posted etc

Everything crossed!

ok good. i guess the only next change is for it to say Despatched. Which, yes fingers crossed, will be a tomorrow post out date. they have a whole working day to give it to the mailman or mailwoman. i dont know where the despatch depot is, i hope its close to worcestershire

Thursday, 2.30pm. Checked the Asda site still says Awaiting despatch.

Optimistically i hope this is a belatedness to update the site for the many people who ordered FM off Asda. Someone probably data enters after the Royal Mail man has collected what outgoing parcels were sent, maybe like 6-8pm, as I checked several times yesterday and the update in order status happened in the eve.

Hopefully. As I am home now and thats it for work this week.

Thursday, 2.30pm. Checked the Asda site still says Awaiting despatch.

Optimistically i hope this is a belatedness to update the site for the many people who ordered FM off Asda. Someone probably data enters after the Royal Mail man has collected what outgoing parcels were sent, maybe like 6-8pm, as I checked several times yesterday and the update in order status happened in the eve.

Hopefully. As I am home now and thats it for work this week.

Same as mine mate. Awaiting despatch so at least that is something. Hope you are right about the update and they get their fingers out and send both ours out today! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Hi Guys

I use Asda for games more than I do Play.Com... and am waiting for mine from them this time too.

Nearly every time though, say for a Fri release, i receive it the Monday or Tuesday after. I hope that is not the case this time round.

i hate to quote myself. but yet again, asda have done this to me as said. the postman has been and all i got was a bill. the status says despatched though so tomorrow or monday. the ironic thing is, i'm off to go buy the pc version. and i have two choices.

1- asda close by at £29.99 or

2- gamestation thrice the distance at £27 but trade in FM08.

its option 2. boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo asda.

My status has been changed to sent now Jarl, don't know if I have just the invoice as well but will put money on it. Can't do anything about it today as working so like you said Sat or early next week at best. Don't blame you for travelling to get it and shunning ASDA although most suppliers are not delivering today so that makes me feel a little better!

Hope you get a P.C. copy. Does this mean you will leave the Handheld forum now!

Regards ad

no my friend i will remain, i rarely post on the PC forum, an observer nonetheless.

i saw a thread on pc forum saying of the general shop called morrisons, its 24.99, rang up, she has put one behind for me they have 3 copies left after this. was amazed to find on store locater there is a store 6.9miles from my house? i go find. i have never seen it.

i'll go take a brad pitt while this 165meg patch is downloading and i'm outta here. good luck with your post service Adtranz

(sorry to detract from the FM Handheld thread, just a "heads up" for those devoid by Asda delivery, Morrisons ... Birger recommends, £25 PC to tide you over.)

Did you read this Crickie in the email?

At ASDA Entertainment Online we send each item of your order separately at no extra charge to give you the fastest possible service.

Delivery will normally take between 3 to 5 working days.

At this rate it will be next Friday Great!

I actually went to Asda to get it for £24.71 after I rang up Tesco and they said it was £19.71 but when my sis went to get it they hadn't got the delivery so I went to Asda to get it and they put one behind for me as there was 3 left :thup:

well that's that then. its 1 oclock, i have had no post but i dont think it is due.

if i didnt have the pc version i would be in asda right now dropping a floater in anger as we speak

no wonder it was cheap, sub second class delivery. i'm suprised kerry katona doesnt advertise for them.

well that's that then. its 1 oclock, i have had no post but i dont think it is due.

if i didnt have the pc version i would be in asda right now dropping a floater in anger as we speak

no wonder it was cheap, sub second class delivery. i'm suprised kerry katona doesnt advertise for them.

On the way to the Alex game yesterday and after driving my missus mad all week she said "would it be the same price in Asda"?

so I said don't know but as we needed a few things she went in and under her coat (thank god not another baby!) was a copy of FMH 2009 £24.99 so result. Just started playing as never used a PSP so will report back on the other threads on my findings. So now have 2copies so will have to eBay the other I suppose!

If it doesn't come tomorrow, I'll cry. I have the day off college and was hoping to spend some time with my beloved Man Utd but if not, im stuck doing business coursework :(

• SI Staff
On the way to the Alex game yesterday and after driving my missus mad all week she said "would it be the same price in Asda"?

so I said don't know but as we needed a few things she went in and under her coat (thank god not another baby!) was a copy of FMH 2009 £24.99 so result. Just started playing as never used a PSP so will report back on the other threads on my findings. So now have 2copies so will have to eBay the other I suppose!

Please post and let me know how you get on - as I'm always interested to see how new comers to the game get on (as this shows a true test of how intuitive the UI is etc.).

Archived