Real life results for first season

maccataq

I was thinking it would be good to have an option to start the game with the ability to take a job based on the results that play out in real life. For example, if you started in the Premier League this season, the table would reflect the real life results with City/Utd at the top and the Crystal Palace job would have been the first to come available.

Since the game doesn't come out until Nov there should hopefully always be some jobs available to take but the winter transfer update could provide other opportunities and then come May you would be able to fast forward to any point in the season and take the jobs that come up from real life.

I do see that the potential weakness to this feature could be the waiting for a real life job to come available and perhaps it may need to be limited to specific leagues with others simulated given the amount of updates that would be required. However, there could still just be an option to take control of any team you like as normal, i.e. you could take control of City/Utd and take them at the top of the table as of today or perhaps you might want to take control of Liverpool before they played City etc. and of course, you could just play a normal save until this feature has some interesting developments - I suppose it would be a little like one of the challenges but based on real life circumstances that play out but the success criteria would just be like on a normal save.

why would you want to do this.?Your first season as manager would be based on the real life manager. In the instance you mention your first FM season wouldn't end until the last match of the season e.g May / June 2018. 

From the minute you start playing FM it takes a different path to that of real life and likely to that of anyone else playing the game. Thats what makes it fun and interesting :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2017 at 14:26, MrPompey said:

why would you want to do this.?Your first season as manager would be based on the real life manager. In the instance you mention your first FM season wouldn't end until the last match of the season e.g May / June 2018. 

From the minute you start playing FM it takes a different path to that of real life and likely to that of anyone else playing the game. Thats what makes it fun and interesting :D

I think it is more the idea of the challenge - i.e. being able to get Crystal Palace out of their horrible start. Essentially, you are just taking a different path from a different point than the start of the season and letting real life dictate what your challenge might be. There are all sorts of challenges the game can throw up but it would be unlikely to hand you Crystal Palace losing 7/7 without scoring a goal.

To be honest, it's not something I would be that bothered if it came to fruition but thought it would be a nice to have I guess.

On 17/09/2017 at 21:19, Cougar2010 said:

Real fixtures & results need permission from the league and that normally requires a lot of money which means its very unlikely to happen.

If that is so then I guess it is unlikely!

27 minutes ago, Chesters86 said:

You can use the editor to create real life fixtures and results, but they only work if you run a league with a later start date than the one you plan to manage in, (Sweden for example)

Interesting! Although I never use editor so probably couldn't be bothered to set this up.

• 2 months later...

Archived