Not getting the recognition/reputation I deserve.

I started a game with Hoffenheim, started as a swedish man, national b-lisence and semi-professional player status (both actually true), but of course unrealistic that a man like me would get the chance at a Bundesliga club, but well, this is a game.

Season one: 3rd in Bundesliga, semi in german cup

Season two: 3rd in Bundesliga (3 points from 1st place), quarter finals in cup, round of 16 in CL.

Season three: 3rd in Bundesliga, semi in german cup, WINNER of CL (first time in 25 years of CM/FM playing I am actually winning the CL!

So after 3 very good seasons in Hoffenheim I had my pro lisence as a coach.

Still I am rated at 2,5 stars and I have 2 digits over 10 when it comes to coaching. I guess this clearly should have improved much more due to my success and coaching badges??

Then: I wanted a new challenge and resigned. As a well educated manager, recently winning CL I can hardly find a job outside Scandinavia. I applied for clubs like Aston Villa, Brescia, Ascoli, Basel, Amkar and CSKA Moscow.....and no one, except Amkar, even called me out for an interview and I did not get a job. I guess, being an unemployed CL-winner clubs should be attaching me to be their new manager, but in this game I have not even earned the reputation to manage in serie B in Italy....

So: Am I the only one or is this some kind of bug?

On the other hand, I was managing in middle east with a semi pro playing experience, nationality from there and a pro license. I won the national league 2 times and was being offered jobs in the premier league and even the French national team job!

broken feature so far

@DiasV

Rep is really slow to increase in game, especially when you aren't winning things.

Part of your problem is also the way you started - As you said semi pro with a national B licence managing Hoffenheim is unrealistic.  You have basically given yourself an unrealistic low rep for the team you are managing and then are surprised that your low rep means you can't get a similar level job.

You should always start with a realistic rep for the team you want to manage so you don't make this type of issue worse than it already is.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

@DiasV

Rep is really slow to increase in game, especially when you aren't winning things.

Part of your problem is also the way you started - As you said semi pro with a national B licence managing Hoffenheim is unrealistic.  You have basically given yourself an unrealistic low rep for the team you are managing and then are surprised that your low rep means you can't get a similar level job.

You should always start with a realistic rep for the team you want to manage so you don't make this type of issue worse than it already is.

Assuming this is FM17 this isn't strictly true any more. A users reputation will increase much quicker to be at the level of the club they're managing at - so if you start as 'sunday league' but say Everton manager, within those three years as long as you're still in the job you'll have a reputation around the level someone managing Everton would have. 

The reputation would have increased, but the manager attributes generally are slower to increase. If you upload the save game we can take a look at your reputation and see what's going on. Upload it to our FTP and let us know the file name, FTP details here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/381320-ftp-details/

If it's an earlier version than FM17, what Cougar has said above applies. 

1 hour ago, Cougar2010 said:

@DiasV

Hi Cougar

Another common sense post as usual.  Another new club I see, what happened at Wellington?

Just now, Tony Wright 747 said:

Hi Cougar

Another common sense post as usual.  Another new club I see, what happened at Wellington?

I got offered the Australia job but that didn't go well which left me looking for something new and Pogon offered.

My career thread is here if you are interested: https://community.sigames.com/topic/399558-fm17-we-didnt-underestimate-them-they-were-just-a-lot-better-than-we-thought/

4 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

I got offered the Australia job but that didn't go well which left me looking for something new and Pogon offered.

My career thread is here if you are interested: https://community.sigames.com/topic/399558-fm17-we-didnt-underestimate-them-they-were-just-a-lot-better-than-we-thought/

cheers for that, I find your posts very interesting so I'll take a look at your career thread

Archived