Anyone else find this?

So I'm pretty much 100% sure this is a conincidence but thought I'd see if anyone else finds this.

I'm very reluctant to save and quit my game when I'm on a good run because every time I go back on it I start losing. Not some of the time, not most of the time... EVERY time. 

Frustratingly, if I'm on a bad run when I save and quit the opposite isn't true. I still carry on losing. 

Does anyone else find this happens to them?

It's confirmation bias obviously, but yes. I do have that superstition. I never shut my PC down anyways so I often just keep FM running. More so in the past than nowadays though.

I've been on an amazing run recently while often closing FM in between fairly short sessions. So yea, confirmation bias. We tend to remember the times when it goes wrong but not all the times when we end up just fine.

See I used to think this was the case so I started logging it from a few months into playing FM16 (sad I know but it was irritating me). 

Its happened 87% of the time! And that's not counting individual defeats. That's 87% of the time I lose more than one game in a row after loading the game back up. I mean, that's insane.

I've never noticed this. But one thing that seems (at least to me) happens every time, is this. If you have a small lead at half time and you tell the players they have been playing well and to keep it up. You concede a goal in the first 10-15 minutes of the second half. I've stopped doing it, and never actually kept track. But it sure felt like it happened every single time I told my team that. So now I refuse to say that.

11 minutes ago, oulzac said:

I've never noticed this. But one thing that seems (at least to me) happens every time, is this. If you have a small lead at half time and you tell the players they have been playing well and to keep it up. You concede a goal in the first 10-15 minutes of the second half. I've stopped doing it, and never actually kept track. But it sure felt like it happened every single time I told my team that. So now I refuse to say that.

I suppose telling your team that they are playing well and to keep it up, when you only have a one goal lead, could see them slack off a little, hence the potential of conceding a goal early on after the restart. 

19 hours ago, oulzac said:

Always, always tell them to keep focused. Then tell each section they are doing well but could do better.

19 hours ago, oulzac said:

I praise my players all the time, if it's deserved and they can use the confidence. No issues.

I praise at the end of a winning game, but I find it dangerous in the middle of the match. If any player is 9.0+ then I go all passionate on them to get them inspired.

If they have an off game, then an angry rebuke is in order.

Archived