[Suggestion] Scouted players alternate squad depth view

Powermonger

Under the Scouting area, I'd like see a new feature that shows a view like the team squad depth screen but instead of our players it builds up an a list per position based on our chosen tactic and roles selected  

As our scouts find players and gather information about them, their recommendations slowly build up an alternative picture of our team of potential transfer targets. Instead of just dealing with lists, we can also deal/view with potential targets tactically. 

The view can also offer some filters to change the selected based on criteria etc.

if you click on a position then you are taken to the scouted players list view prefiltered with the appropriate requirements for that position. 

Needs work but I kinda like the idea.

Would have been useful for me in the last few days as I struggled to get to grips with a transfer window.  Overall I needed a playmaking MC, an attacking runner type MC, one MR (Possibly two as my main one was being targeting) and a ST.  Problem was I didn't have the squad space or wage budget available for four new players so I had to find ways of covering the gaps either through players already in my squad or via my transfer targets.

12 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Needs work but I kinda like the idea.

Yes it does :D

I wrote that last night in bed on my iPhone before turning in for the night, reading it back today I am surprised it even makes sense :D

I can envisage how such a view would've helped your predicament of finding transfer targets that could cover a couple of positions and see how positionally they would look (rating wise) in comparison to others.

The options I see available for the view would be:

• Formation choice based on the 3 currently active tactics
  • Role choices: Currently configured roles or custom roles
  • Toggle to include current team for all positions, attackers/midfielders/defenders only, selected positions only, none.
  • Show as per CA, PA, Defending, Physical, Speed, Vision, Attacking, Technical, Aerial or Mental (8 attribute categories as per the attribute radar chart)
  • The subset of filter options normally found when you create a new scouting assignment
  • Ability to filter across all positions or selected positions (in case you want to filter players on your own club DNA for attribute values)

Depending on what filters and options you choose, the Scouting Squad Depth view would dynamically update as the scout reports come in. At any point in time you can instantly get a visual picture of possible transfer targets for the different positions in your tactic(s), with the ranking of players changing as either your own players develop, new players are scouted or previously scouted players are scouted again.

Only players who have been scouted by your scouts and have been rated will be available in this squad depth view.

Feel free to suggest any other options or features to add to the above.

13 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Even the standard Star Ratings based recommended teamsheet with "include shortlist" (and the ability to manually remove individual shortlisted players because they're too dear or low priority) would be nice.

Yes even that would be welcomed but I would like to see something more customisable. 

FM has offered only filterable scouted player lists for so long, it be useful to see the lists presented in terms of team formation.

Being able to visualise all your transfer options for each position at once would be a good step forward. 

I've made a simple mock-up of the screen, just to show some main idea points for a scouted players squad depth view. Just pretend the player names listed in each position are ones my scouts have made reports on, as well as including players from my own squad. Also players that are on your shortlist would be coloured red to indicate that status like normal.

uRswgkN.png

• 1 year later...

Archived