FM17 Sister City Challenge

Welcome to the FM17 Sister City Challenge inspired by the FM16 challenge by Stonewall458. 

To complete the challenge you must win the league title with one team from all of the sister cities (with a playable team) of your starting teams city. For example, if you selected Porto you would have to win the league title with

FC Porto

Liege (Standard Liege)

Bordeux (Bordeux)

Bristol (Bristol Rovers or Bristol City)

Vigo (Celta Vigo)

Crotone (FC Crotone)

Brno (Zbrojovka Brno)

Shanghai (Shanghai Shenhua or Shangai SIPG or Shanghai Shenxin)

Recife (Sport Club do Recife or Santa Cruz or Nautico)

To see the sister cities of your chosen city just check the cities wikipedia page.

Rules

-Start of with recommended coaching badges for your starting team.

-No disabling Attribute Masking and keep In-Game Editor disabled, all other options allowed but not required.

-Load all leagues needed to complete challenge.

-You can only move to eligible teams

-International Management is allowed, but you're achievements will count for nothing

Leaderboard

My starting team will be Birmingham City.

88.png

Birmingham CIty is surprisingly located in Birmingham, England which makes the cities needed to complete the challenge as follows

Birmingham City

Chicago (Chicago Fire)

Frankfurt am Main (Eintracht Frankfurt or FSV Frankfurt)

Changchun (Changchun Yatai)

Guangzhou (Ghuangzhou Everagrande or Ghuanzhou R&F)

Nanjing (Jiangsu Suning)

Johannesburg (Kaizer Chiefs or Moroka Swallows or Orlando Pirates or Jomo Cosmos)

Leipzig (RB Leipzig or FFV Leipzig)

Lyon (Olympique Lyon)

Milan (AC Milan or Inter Milan)

Got sacked by Birmingham City after failing to get the required 10 points from 5 games. I don't think I explained that if you get sacked from your first team, you can continue but to gain that city you have to go back to that team. So when I need to go back to Birmingham, I have to go to Birmingham City and not Aston Villa. So onto another club after the sacking, Guangzhou Evergrande is open at the moment and I won't mind taking them to back to back titles do hopefully I can get that job and do better than I did at Birmingham.

Sister City Challenge Season 1 Review

2000px-Eintracht_Frankfurt_Logo.svg.png

After a failed run at Birmingham failed, I waited for another eligible team to take me. This opportunity came up in Eintracht Frankfurt who at the time were looking doomed to go down 5 points away from the relegation playoff with 7 games to go. I managed to get the team to fight gallantly only going down the final day. Luckily I have all German divisions loaded and have managed to keep my job as we go down to the 2. Bundesliga. I will attempt to not try to revamp the squad to much and maybe try to find suitable replacements to the outgoing loanees who almost certainly won't come back. I managed to win 3 of the 7 remaining games. I'm gutted as I had a 2 goal lead against Hoffenheim that would of been the win to get us promoted, but our keeper got injured, I didn't have a keeper on the bench as my backup had torn his hamstring a few days before the match and I didn't have any other registered keepers. I let in 3 goals with my centreback in goal and we lost 3-2.

Season Awards

Most Goals- Haris Seferovic (16) Seferovic was fantastic for me he scored 8 of those 16 goals in my 7 games in charge. Including 3 in a 6-0 smashing of Mainz. If he stays on next year (which I doubt) and continues his amazing form. I can see him being my first addition into my challenge XI.

Most Assists- Alexander Meier (7) Excelled in his new role as an attacking midfielder supporting Seferovic up front. Like Seferovic has also already expressed a desire to leave.

Highest Average Rating- Guillermo Varela (7.14) The Manchester United loanee which Mourinho seems to be reluctant to sell played very well throughout the year being the only player on a 7.00+ average rating when I arrived.

Fans Player of The Year- Guillermo Varela- The Ever reliable loanee as I have already said played very well being our only player down the right wing quite often as I didn't play wingers locked down opposinh wingers quite well.

Other Eligible Teams (in spoiler so my post doesn't take up to much space

Spoiler

Birmingham City- Didn't seem to improve after I left as they went from slightly under mid table to relegated. I've only got the top 2 leagues in England loaded so I'll need to wait for their promotion before rejoining them.

Chicago Fire- Missed out on playoffs in the MLS in 2016 and are looking like a 2nd season like that again this year.

FSV Frankfurt- My local rivals will be facing me next year as they got promoted from the 3. Bundesliga

Changchun Yatai- They got relegated from the Chinese Super League and are currently under performing in 12th in the Chinese Jia League

Ghuangzhou Evergrande- The team that rejected me, won the 2016 Chinese Super League and are currently 3rd in the 2017 edition

Ghuangzhou R&F- Came 5th in 2016 and are currently 10th in the Chinese Super League

Jiangsu Guoxin-Sainty- Came 4th in 2016 and are currently 2nd in the Chinese Super League

Kaizer Chiefs- With 1 game left in the ABSA premiership they are top 3 points ahead of their local rivals...

Orlando Pirates- 3 points behind Kaizer with 1 game to go

Jomo Cosmos- With 1 game to go their in playoff and title contention in South Africas second division currently 3rd (a playoff spot)

RB Leipzig- Finished mid table in 12th.

Olympique Lyon- Are in a Champions League spot after coming 3rd in Ligue 1.

AC Milan- 2 games to go and they are 2nd in Serie A, albeit well behind already crowned champions Juventus

Inter Milan- In a similar boating to their local rivals AC but 1 point behind them in 3rd

Completed Cities (0/10)

Sister City Challenge Season 2 Review

Back into the Bundesliga. Easily won the 2. Bundesliga with 2 games left going up automatically with FC Heidenheim. A very good season despite losing first team starters like Lukas Hradecky (Man C), Haris Seferovic (Wolverhampton) Timothy Chandler (Norwich) and Bastian Oczipka (Mainz), we managed to easily go up, winning our first silverware for the challenge, the highly prestigous 2. Bundesliga. I managed to replace my departing players and improve he team in general with Thomas Kraft, Joel Pohjanpalo, Dimitris Diamantakos, Oliver Sorg, Ylli Sahali, Nicholas Dorsch and Zvonimor Kozulj all joining the starting XI. In the Duetscher Pokal we only got too the 3rd round, where we were knocked out by Bundesliga outfit Stuttgard. Another thing that happened during the year for my manger was a large number of English clubs chasing my signature mainly mid table prem clubs like Stoke and Southampton, which will hopefully make the Birmingham board realise they let go of a great manager and re-hire me when the time is right. So Bundesliga football next year will be a good step back up, and hopefully Bundesliga glory will come within the next 5 seasons and I can move on to complete another city,

Season Awards

Most Goals- Joel Pohjanpalo (23) The Finnish forward has been incredible being backup behind Dimitris Diamantakos for half the season makes this even more incredible. Was awesome and his second half of the year is a main reason we went up, also signed a new 4 year deal (with no release clause) closing down all interest from Swansea and Everton.

Most Assists- Alexander Meier, Zvonimir Kozulj and Ylli Salahi (8) 3 way tie with 35 year old veteran Meier taking it home for the 2nd year in a row, albeit having to share it with the 2 new signings.

Highest Average Rating- Joel Pohjanpalo (7.67) Was just awesome did pretty much everything including getting 5 assists.

Fans Player of The Year- Joel Pohjanpalo- He was awesome and will easily be one of the first 3 players inducted into my challenge XI.

Challenge XI

DC- Jesus Vallejo (Eintracht Frankfurt) On loan from Real Madrid was very good at the back being the only player to hold his spot at the back for the whole season.

MC- Alexander Meier (Eintracht Frankfurt) Has been the assists leader for 2 seasons and also scores a lot of goals not bad for a 35 year old AM. Played his 375th and probably last game for the club in the last game.

ST- Joel Pohjanpalo (Eintracht Frankfurt) 23 goals 5 assists and a 7.67 average rating showed how good this guys season was took out all 4 fan voted awards

Cities Completed (0/10)

All Eligible Teams

Spoiler

Birmigham City- Haven't seen if they've come back up yet

Chicago Fire- Missed playoffs again and are also looking that way this season, their coach his holding onto his job though, hope it will be available after I achieve Bundesliga glory with Frankfurt.

FSV Frankfurt- Dead last and relegated in the 2. Bundesliga

Changchun Yatai- Are emerging as the biggest challenge in the save. Came 9th in the Chinese Jia League last season and are showing little sign of imorovent being 8th this season

Guangzhou Evergrande- Came 2nd in the Super League last season and are 2nd again as they seem to have lost their perch as the top team in Chuna.

Guangzhou R&F- Narrowly escaping relegation in 13th last season and slightly out of the relegation zone this season in 14th

Jiangsou Gouxin-Sainty- Won the Super League last season and are on top again.

Kaizer Chiefs- 2nd in the ABSA Premiership

Orlando Pirates- Won the ABSA Premiership

Jomo Cosmos- Promoted to the ABSA Premiership

Alexandra Black Aces- Survived in the South African 2nd division in 12th

RB Leipzig- Got into the Europa League finishing 6th in the Bundesliga

Olympique Lyon- 3rd Place getting Champions League football

Inter Milan- Got Champions League football finishing 3rd

AC Milan- Missed out on Champions League football finishing 4th

• 2 weeks later...

Sister City Challenge Season 3 Review

First season back in the Bundesliga was alright, managed to stay up, albeit in 14th slightly below our season expectation of 11th. I tried not to overhaul the team that won me the 2. Bundesliga, but some additions were required. Unfortunately first team starters Thomas Kraft (Leverkusen) and Ylli Salahi (Bologna) left. Salahi proved pretty easy to replace with new signing Kostas Stafylidis and Daniel Buballa sharing the vacant left back role. I did have problems with the goalkeeper position after Kraft left however, 2 new signings, Sven Ulreich and regen Chris Fofana both played fairly well but could be inconsistent and Heinz Lindner was decent at best, with Chris Fofana improving I'm relucatant to buy a new keeper. My strike partnership was unaltered throughout the whole season, Joel Pohjanpalo and Dimitris Diamantakos were brilliant getting tons of goals and assists each and if ever I would use a single striker formation the benched stirker would come on as super sub and almost always score. My goals for next season is possibly overhaul the squad and aim for European football. I have also taken my first national team job, the Ivory Coast. Despite it not being necessary to complete the challenge the job will allow me to improve confidence in my young keeper, Chris Fofana, improve my own reputation (already gone up 5%) and get free scouting of all ASEC Mimosas products. (one of my favorite places to get regens). I plan to stay with them until the next major tournament and I am planning to bring in some players (mainly Germans, I'm being slammed in the media for the low amount of Germans i'm using) to replicate the formation I'm using with the Ivory Coast. Now onto season awards.

Top Goalscorer- Joel Pohjanpalo (23) The Finnish striker had another incredible season with 23 goals for the 2nd year in a row. Still the hero of the save

Most Assists- Dimitris Diamantakos (13) Highest amount of assists in a single season I've had so far. The Greek has been very good but he is attempting to gain a move to England sadly.

Highest Average Rating- Dimitris Diamantakos (7.42) The Greek not only got 13 assist but also scored an astronomical 12 goals! Hopefully I can keep him his contract runs up at the end of next year, so I might just cash in

Fans Player of the Year- Joel Pohjanpalo- Could of been any of the 2 strikers they were that good. Is an amazing gem and the favorite played I've used so far in FM17 put in another one of these seasons then he might well take over FM15 Carlos as my favorite ever player.

Challenge XI

DC- Jesus Vallejo (Frankfurt)

MC- Alexander Meier (Frankfurt)

ST- Joel Pohjanpalo (Frankfurt)

Other Eligible Teams

Spoiler

Birmingham City- Haven't come back up yet

Chicago Fire- Sacked their manager and their new one got them a run to the Conference Semis. Collapsed in the new season and are currently last in their conference.

FSV Frankfurt- Failed to get promoted back to the 2. Bundesliga

Changchun Yatai- They got promoted to the Chinese Super League! They are currently mid-table in 11th.

Guangzhou Evergrande- Came 2nd last year and are currently 4th in the Chinese Super League, dire days for the Chinese giants.

Guangzhou R&F- After coming 11th last season they are currenly narrowly avoiding relegation in 14th.

Jiangsou Guoxin-Sainty- Won their 2nd straight SuperLeague and are in 2nd place currently

Kaizer Chiefs- Came 2nd in the ABSA Premiership

Orlando Pirates- Won the ABSA Premiership

Jomo Cosmos- Last and Relegated from ABSA Premiership

Alexandra Black Aces- Are unplayable again after being relegated

RB Leipzig- Came 6th again for 2nd straight year of European football

Olympique Lyon- Under performed coming in 4th in Ligue 1

AC Milan- Just beaten out by Juventus coming 2nd after being on top for most of the season

Inter Milan- Finished behind AC in 3rd

I like the idea of this, i started a week ago but i am playing pretty slowly.

I have decided to start with my hometown club (and Hometown).

Notts_County_Logo_zpshkcknsno.png

So Nottingham.

So that leaves me with Sister Cities;

Ljubljana, Slovenia.
    Minsk, Belarus.
    Karlsruhe, Germany.
    Harare, Zimbabwe.
    Ghent, Belgium.
    Ningbo, China.
    Timişoara, Romania.
    Krasnodar, Russia.
    Września, Poland.

(The only problem i see is Września doesn't seem to have a club high enough, so i will probably have to go nearby. Ningbo also seem to be in the 'nearby' list. But i will worry about all that if i ever get Notts County up into the Prem).

12 hours ago, GloryFan2002 said:

@brettney1980 No need to go nearby just don't bother about it. Good Luck with the challenge though!

Well 10 is a nice even number so i'll probably just leave them till last (if i get that far). I have just finished my first season with Notts County, will post a full report shortly...

Sister Challenge Season 1 - Notts County - English League 2;

The target was going to be a rebuilding season (since in real life they are in a relegation fight), but a great start and i quickly changed tactics. Started signing some more experience for a push at promotion. We came soo close to automatic promotion an hatfull of injuries and a dip in form though saw us lose out to Portsmouth and finish 4th. The dreaded playoffs saw us scrap into the final were we took the lead against a Colchester side who we were yet to beat this season. They came back though and forced Extra Time and the dreaded penalty shoot out! I am never confident going into a penalty shootout so when our (currently) 3rd choice Keeper (thanks to injuries) saved the first two pens i was still chewing my nails... We did it though with Frazer Richardson scoring the Pen that earned us promotion.

We had some good matches in the cups, topped off with a 0-0 draw vs Chelsea in the 2nd rd of the EFL (after beating Championship side Burton on Pens), we lost on Pens to Chelsea though. In the FA Cup we made the 3rd round, losing to Huddersfield and the 3rd rd in the Checkatrade Trophy losing to Scunthorpe 2-1.

League Two Table | Transfers  | Finances | Best Player | The Squad

Sacked again despite having a 4-1 win in my last game. I'll be back in Frankfurt sometime hopefully but if they become 2.Bundesliga regulars, I might take their local rivals. So no eligible teams coming up at all. Hopefully (praying) that my next team will bring glory. Please...

1 hour ago, GloryFan2002 said:

Sacked again despite having a 4-1 win in my last game. I'll be back in Frankfurt sometime hopefully but if they become 2.Bundesliga regulars, I might take their local rivals. So no eligible teams coming up at all. Hopefully (praying) that my next team will bring glory. Please...

That's a bad sacking after winning due to relegation. Who is the new manager of Frankfurt and who managed the first team you got sacked early? Good luck finding another team though.

@sherwinrigaHannes Wolf took over from me at Frankfurt. It took a while but an eligible team came up in Chinese team Changchun Yatai who are currently stuck in 14th in the Chinese Super League. Should be a challenge giving that their finances are only secure unlike some other teams in the league. (cough cough Guangzhou Evergrande). I have to get this team to the league title some time, as their the only team from their city, so may as well do it now. I've been rejected by Evergarnde and Jiangsou Guoxin-Sainty for my non knowledge of Chinese so I should be able to get a job their after I finish up in Changchun.

Sister Challenge Season 2 - Notts County - English League 1;

Notts_County_Logo_zpshkcknsno.png

Another much better season than expected, having some real good luck here, although i didn't think so come end of the season when we fell into the Playoffs. Had a poor (compared to the start) last few months and ended up in the lottery of the Playoffs. We did well getting past Millwall but struggled in a 1-0 loss to Oxford in the final. We will spend at least another season in League One (i'd expect another few to be fair, this probably was a one off). We saw a lot of our older players retire at the end of the season, next year will be a massive change for the squad. I'm expecting to bring in/phase in much more younger players. Hopefully it doesn't see us drop too much.

We made the Checkatrade 2nd rd losing to Everton's U23's. Fast becoming our biggest rivals (or mine at least) Portsmouth knocked us out of the FA Cup after a Replay, we lost 3-0 at Home after a 1-1 draw at their place. We went out of the EFL Cup to Bolton in the 1st round. So not much to talk about in the Cups this year.

Bring on Season 3.....

League One Table | Transfers  | Finances | Best Player | The Squad

6 hours ago, brettney1980 said:

Good Luck wherever you end up GloryFan2002, you've had some bad luck so far it seems.

Well the bad luck seems to be continuing just lost the save when my laptop stuffed up will be starting over again with a different team, watch this space

OK so the restart will be with a slightly easier starting team.

759px-FC_Porto.svg.png

FC Porto 

Which will mean I'll need to win trophies with teams from

FC Porto

Liege (Standard Liege)

Bordeux (Bordeux)

Bristol (Bristol Rovers or Bristol City)

Vigo (Celta Vigo)

Crotone (FC Crotone)

Shanghai (Shanghai Shenhua or Shangai SIPG or Shanghai Shenxin)

Recife (Sport Club do Recife or Santa Cruz or Nautico)

Archived