The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That first half was our best performance since Lyon in France. Lots of movement and pace and skill. McGregor hasn't had a save to make. We should have had a penalty too.

If we are gonna go with one main striker, that's certainly what you'd expect the two wide boys to be doing as much as possible - running at players, stretching their back 4, threading through little passes.

Maybe those few months on the sideline are the best thing that could have happened to Chris Burke. He looks very hungry.

Good stuff. Hopefully we go and finish them off now.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Cousin gets worse every time I see him. Three million, we'd be lucky to get get 3p for him.

Not a fan, but I think he's been OK today, put himself about, allowed Naismith and Burke to find a bit of space. Cracking strike not long before HT too. JCD still offers us more in that position, so hopefully we see him in the second half.

Cousin seems a bit more interested tbh, flicking the ball and holding it up

Burke looks hungry which is good to see as when he's in that mood he looks half decent except for the final ball which improved with that pass to Naismith for the goal

I reckon we'll see JCD or Boyd at sometime in the 2nd half though. Hoping this isn't near the last we see of Hemdani though as he is probably the best passer we have icon_frown.gif with the rumours of Reading etc I mean

wtf is it with Setanta and Rangers tackles in the last week? icon_biggrin.gif

he...won...the...ball Booth you sheep worrying knob, although it was a bit dodgy to do something like that with the coverage of tackles in England recently and what happened with us at Pittodrie last Sunday

Playing some great football, 82% possession. Were making this Hibs team llok like Gretna.

It's promosing, the last three games we've played well and we've lined up 4-4-2 in them, lets hope that makes up Smiths mind for the rest of the season, We dont wasnt to continue playing the way O'Neill's Celtic did with continued long ball after long ball.

Originally posted by TM:

you'd think Setanta would get some anti-glare cameras with the sub fees they get off people

everytime there is a game with a stand that doesn't block out the sun, the camera is in trouble icon14.gif

Setanta technology is a joke tbh, I think they've bought STV's old stuff from the 1970's. Total joke of a channel, really glad I don't pay for it icon_biggrin.gif

Tbh, yes a brilliant at time breathtaking performance from Rangers, possibly the best for a while. BUT nowhere near enough goals, should have been at least eight.

Had to laugh at the 'commentry team' after Hibs goal, 'Hibs could have won this' icon_biggrin.gif Erm, get real.

Great game. Burke was excellent, we controlled everything apart form the first 10 after h/t. We could maybe have had another 2 if Ferguson was more aware of who's near him in the box. Bit sloppy at the end with complacent passes between players. Good result before the Old Firm.

another thing noticed from today: is Cousin trying to work the ticket out? icon_wink.gif brilliant finish it was and he looked much more interested today, flicking the ball on, holding it up etc

although if he wants to work the ticket out by ripping Celtic and getting the move to the Premiership next week, then that is fine by me icon14.gif

we should definately keep hold of hemdani - he is a quality passer of the ball, and although he is fairly similar to baz and kevin thompson, he does offer that little bit extra.

another good result, and good to see cousin scoring goals. if he is going to moan, he can at least justify it with his contribution to the team, and if we do let him go, hopefully we will get a few quid for him. we'll never get 3mil for him though

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

Hutton for more than £4million? Yer' havin' a laugh.

I'll put a £100 pound bet on with you right now that Hutton, when he leaves will leave for more than £4million, if there is a fee involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he'd need to save up his pocket money for a couple of years before he'd have his stake

Watched the game yesterday and very impressed, the scoreline should have been bigger but a wins a win.

Burke played well and same goes for Hemdani who hardly gave the ball away. I can't see Boyd being happy warming the bench though. It will be one up front against Celtic and the likelihood is it will be Cousin.

with Cousin not playing the whole 90 yesterday that's him got the jersey for the OF game

although JCD would be a good impact sub to use, Novo going to be fit at all? as him and JCD against slowing defenders could reap dividends icon_cool.gif

Archived