CVW

Hi Guys,

I created a new competition structure based in the United States of America. I would like to hear your opinion about this league. You can visit the workshop here:

Steam Workshop Link

I tested a season with LA Galaxy and FC Dallas and I really enjoyed this game set-up. I am going to start a story about this league next week (after my exams).

The challenge
The American competition contains decent teams with some top players like Dos Santos. Your first season will be difficult due to the limited transfer budget. With the increased TV and price money your financial possibilities improve after the first season. Your goal is the end in the top 5 of the Trump League One. This top 5 compete in a play-offs to determine the overall champion of the league. Try to stay away from the bottom 5 of the league. The bottom 5 compete with the top 5 of the lower league for a chance of promotion.

The story
The president of the USA Donald Trump decided to change the league structure of American soccer. He didn't liked the fact that Mexico was always beating the American teams. His administration invented a new league structure based on only 10 teams.

Competition Set-up
10 teams Trump League One
10 teams Trump Promotions League
10 teams Third Trump League
10 teams Fourth Trump League
20 teams Lower Trump League

August start of main competition
December start of the main cup
January start of the transfer break
February start of the promotions competition

Trump League One
Toronto FC, New York Red Bulls, FC Dallas, New England, Real Salt Lake, Columbus, Los Angeles Galaxy, Houston, San Jose, D.C. United

Trump Promotions League
Seattle, Philadelphia, NYCFC, Portland, Vancouver, Montreal Impact, Orando City, Sporting Kansas City, Chicago, Colorado

Cups
Most of the Trump Cup matches are played in December.
The Trump Super Cup is played on 1st of August.

Welcome to FMS, @CVW.

Your idea looks interesting, but I don't think it belongs in this section of the forum, which - as the title suggests - is for Football Manager stories.

Maybe one of our mods could move this to the Editors Hideaway or a more suitable sub-forum.

Welcome to FMS CVW, 

As CFuller has stated this part of the forum is for text based stories, as stated in the  New and (mostly) improved - THE FMS HOUSE RULES , which is pinned at the top of the page aswell as in the introduction to our forum. 

This is probably better placed in the Editors Hideaway.

If you do want to make a text based story out of this then feel free to post away. I will leave this open for now but will be editing out the pictures

Many Thanks Mark

Are other people allowed to chip in with stories based on this idea? Would any stories need to be generated from actually using his database / league?

I'll be honest. I've never completely understood the difference between this forum and the Careers Forum.

Let me give you a quick example.

---------------------

Neal Patterson, the Sporting Kansas City Chairman had gone along with the restructure originally, as he liked The Donald's promise that the Mexican government were going to pay for a new stadium, but he was fairly angry at those West Coast Galaxy Liberals being given a top division spot. Neal's mood was not improved when he saw his star player Saad Abdul-Salaam being led away from the ground in handcuffs.

'The terrorist has admitted that he's from Ghana. We're sending him back to Africa.'

'I'm from Gahanna,' protested Abdul-Salaam. 'It's in Ohio.'

Archived