Work permits

I'm in year 2020 on my Liverpool save  and I just don't seem to be able to get wp's for really good players.

I have a young SA player, he's a wonderkid and had played every international match last year whilst being loaned out to Dynamo Kyiv for a season playing 29 games. No wp because team isn't ranked high enough. I've loaned him out to a Spanish side as I presumed it would only take him 740 days or so to gain a Spanish nationality as I'd loaned out another youngster to a Spanish side, around the same time, and it said it would only take 740 days to gain nationality, but no, apparently it will take him (SA wonderkid) 3650 days to gain it. The same thing has happened with my Russian wonderkid (see below). There seems to be no rhyme or reason to these bizarre rules.

A Russian wonderkid who is first choice for them. No wp as team isn't ranked high enough.

A serbian wonderkid who's first choice for them having just played in a European Championship. In total he's scored 12 in 16 for country. He played a full season at Levante scoring 25 goals in 35 games, then Nice where he had another good season scoring 12 in 22. No wp as he hasn't played enough games. I also lost Grujic on a free after he'd just won the quadruple being a first choice cm in my team and a leading player for any prem side. He'd also just finished playing at the European Championship for his country (he's signed for PSG for free and is now worth around £40 mil).

I didn't actually notice brexit arriving in my game as I seem to miss a lot of important things with this new set up, so can anybody tell me where do I check criteria for gaining wp's in my game?

Thanks.

Doesn't the criteria differ depending on what sort of brexit happens in game?

Also, why does the amount of time to gain nationality differ when sending different players out on loan (to same nation) to gain wp's?

Generally have to play for their national side for 2 years, and the national side has to be top 50. It's a sliding scale, so 40-50 it's like 75%, 30-40 60% of matches, etc.

It's also a points based system but I'm not sure how that works.

Edit, just seen your post re Brexit and afaik it'll remain the same about obtaining a WP, just changes the amount of foreigners you can have etc.

The rules are listed in the 'competition rules' of the EPL in your game.

The rules are on the Premier League rules page inside FM 2017.

The criteria for both the national appearances and the points system used for appeals is described in detail.

1 hour ago, dking said:

I have a young SA player, he's a wonderkid and had played every international match last year whilst being loaned out to Dynamo Kyiv for a season playing 29 games. No wp because team isn't ranked high enough. I've loaned him out to a Spanish side as I presumed it would only take him 740 days or so to gain a Spanish nationality as I'd loaned out another youngster to a Spanish side, around the same time, and it said it would only take 740 days to gain nationality, but no, apparently it will take him (SA wonderkid) 3650 days to gain it. The same thing has happened with my Russian wonderkid (see below). There seems to be no rhyme or reason to these bizarre rules.

Spanish nationality laws have different lengths to gain passports depending on your original nationality.

Your first player was from either a Spanish/Portuguese speaking country which qualifies him for a passport in 2 years, as opposed to the usual 10 years your South African or Russian player requires.

1 hour ago, dking said:

Thanks for reply's.

Anybody know where I could send the SA and Russian players to gain the fastest nationality for wp?

Bulgaria possibly but even there it is 5 years now, You will find it hard unless their country has a really good year or so

Archived