League with different number of teams every year

krlenjushka

Is there any way to set league with different number of teams?

I have some level 5 leagues (last leagues in system-no leagues bellow) without any relegation and if i implement my "dynamic relegation" system this leagues should have different number of teams each year-based on number of relegated teams from higher level.

I can set min/max number of teams but this isnt good enough because i want to set different system- if league have 16 teams this will be normal league with 2 rounds. If number of teams if 18 this will be league with 2 groups and so on.

Tried to use "valid years" option in competition section but when i add second file for 1 competition all leagues are in mess.

I already had some issues and we think there is some bug in editor after 17.2 patch but TBH i used this option very rarely in past.

If someone knows how to set this - please let me know.

What happens if you just add the competition with all possible outcomes  with different rules? Last year magicmastermind added over 400 variation of the FA vase cup to his file and the game did pick the right one. This should in theory also work for a league, if you set all possible variables. One for 16 teams, one for 17 teams, one for 18 teams.

10 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I tried to add 7-8 variations. One for 4; one for 5-6; one for 7-8 and so on.

League never starts.

Some strange behavior in editor this year.

I also found 1 mistake in my database so need to fix this and test again.

i have some leagues on level 6 with variations and everything is ok. all issues are in level 5 and i cant figure out why. @Kruj have issues with level 6 of his file.

Something is very very wrong with editor.

Tried to use "valid years" option in competition section but when i add second file for 1 competition all leagues are in mess.

using the valid years option should sort this if not I would report as a bug

we had the same issue last year with issues in editor of the xmas patch and when the final patch came out in feb in caused issues with some files created  earlier in editor as you say yourself mate its a march to march game if using the editor:)

I made mistake - left steam online. We need option to downgrade database in game. And most important is to realise-for people who use editor game release date is in march. I indetstand guys from SI- to many things to handle with editor and they must make some mistakes. They should expand number of beta testers for editor with experinced people from here. 

6 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I made mistake - left steam online. We need option to downgrade database in game. And most important is to realise-for people who use editor game release date is in march. I indetstand guys from SI- to many things to handle with editor and they must make some mistakes. They should expand number of beta testers for editor with experinced people from here. 

ditto 100%

Archived