FM without *stars*

torehj

Is it someway possible to remove the rating stars for players in the game? I want to have the coaches input, but the stars just mess things up for me. I get to focused on having players with four or five stars, instead of looking at the stats and ratings.

Is there a skin that has removed the stars somewhere?

there is a mod for the skin, or there was last years. anyway, you should ask that in skin sub forum as people will explain how to do it.

I did it previous years myself so it isn't difficult. basically you should download archive extractor from steam and extract the skin and then there is the subfolder graphics/icons/stars or something similar. just paint all the stars same or make them transparent and you are good to go... i dont' remember it precisely anymore but people in skin forum should be able to be of more assistance.

Actually that raises a point that sometimes I struggle a bit. If you are Real Madrid you always want to buy good players and therefore you always look for players with a good star rating. But sometimes the rating is not that good and the players looks good. What do you guys do? Always use the star rating or you would buy someone that looks good with the attributes but only has a 2.5 star rate or like the scouts say "a decent player"?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, bastoshaq said:

Actually that raises a point that sometimes I struggle a bit. If you are Real Madrid you always want to buy good players and therefore you always look for players with a good star rating. But sometimes the rating is not that good and the players looks good. What do you guys do? Always use the star rating or you would buy someone that looks good with the attributes but only has a 2.5 star rate or like the scouts say "a decent player"?

Thanks

If you're at Real Madrid with a world class squad, 2.5 stars is in line with the rest of the squad. So even a 2.5 star player can be world class then.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

If you're at Real Madrid with a world class squad, 2.5 stars is in line with the rest of the squad. So even a 2.5 star player can be world class then.

I get that but when you are RM and you see other clubs with players with 4.5 star makes you wonder about your squad. So that rating also takes into account the players in the other teams of the same league, if my center-back is 2.5 stars, this means that he is as good as the rest of the center-backs in the league. Makes sense?

Thanks

this comes up every few months. the stars are relative to your team. so, as Hunter said, if you have squad of world class players you will be filled with 2,5 star players. when you are RM you should see very few 4,5 star players or you are doing something very wrong. to be more specific, if your center back is 2,5 stars that means he is average player in your squad, as good as any player in your squad, not your division/league.

Make an experiment and add another  manager to the game at some low level club. you scout that same center back at RM and he will be 5 stars because you will then compare him to your other team that is much lower quality than RM. he is globaly still a world class player despite being "only" 2,5 star and "just average" player at world class team.

hope that makes sense

League or rather rep of league plays a small part as well but not as much as your squad.

For example based solely on your squad as Real a player might get 3* as an average member of your squad but with the League rep playing a role as well he might gain half a star to make him 3.5* which reflects that Real's rep is equal or slightly above the league rep.

Compare that to a club further down the league an average player might be 3* but with league rep playing a part he'll show as maybe 2.5* reflecting that although he is average within that team that teams average is lower than other teams average.

Archived