[Discussion] Manager ideosyncrasies

Deisler26

29911225296_959f6ba16f_c.jpg

Now, this is over 10 years into the future, but I haven't bought a non-Dutch player in 5-6 years and haven't bought a player in 3 years.

There should be more allowance for each manager's idiosyncrasies. I.e if a manager buys Brazilian for a number of years, then you should be linked with Brazilian players. If, like me, you're relying on your youth academy, then any time an agent tries to link you to his Tunisian wonderkid, it should be reported with scorn in the in-game paper reports.

YES! So very much this! A lot of things we do or don't do are tracked in the game to some level, so a lot of the info is likely already there. Just a matter of integrating it into the media aspect. Would definitely make things feel more organic, especially if its done for the greater game world and other managers.

3 hours ago, Pingdinho said:

I'd love the game to have a more in-depth memory of what you and every other entity in the game world does, but I would be concerned about the vast quantity of extra data that would need to be stored and interrogated to facilitate features like this.

AFAIK, AI managers already have these sorts of things built in as tendencies

I can't imagine from there it's too much of a stretch to apply them to human managers

Nice idea @Deisler26

Ha, I feel the same. After 7 years of only signing Eastern European players, you'd think agents would know better than to offer me Brazilians and Argentinians every week...

I agree there should be a few special interactions, news items etc for youth challenges, nationality-only challenges, and the likes. After a while you'd think the media and everyone else in the game world would pick up your transfer tendencies...

26 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

AFAIK, AI managers already have these sorts of things built in as tendencies

I can't imagine from there it's too much of a stretch to apply them to human managers

Nice idea @Deisler26

Right, but how does the game know what those tendencies are without tracking it? AI managers have them set from the start or upon generation if they are a new manager.

Perhaps it would be fine to track this stuff for the player, but then when the game treats the player the same as any other manager, that doesn't really work.

Maybe it could interrogate transfer histories, but again that sounds like a lot of processing.

I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but I struggle to see how it could work. Maybe I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, Pingdinho said:

Right, but how does the game know what those tendencies are without tracking it? AI managers have them set from the start or upon generation if they are a new manager.

Perhaps it would be fine to track this stuff for the player, but then when the game treats the player the same as any other manager, that doesn't really work.

Maybe it could interrogate transfer histories, but again that sounds like a lot of processing.

I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but I struggle to see how it could work. Maybe I'm wrong.

Ok, yeah I get what you're saying, I guess the challenge is how much of a certain thing has to be done for it to trigger a tendency

It must track some stuff as it is as how else could it measure home-grown/domestic player bias?

• 2 months later...

Archived