Better than Sir Alex or just crazy?

Which is unrealistic and never happens in real life.

In other words, this must be sorted, you have just repeated my words.

okay, i actually agree that this unrealistic and that in real life its unlikely that any side in england could match such a streak of titles. but its not impossible. for example in scotland where the league isnt as competetive no team outside of celtic and rangers has won the title since 1985. with rangers managing a 9 season streak at one stage. now does this meant that rangers and celtics chances of winning the title are simple 50/50 toin toss? no because its actually down the people and players at the club and a very very small element of luck. if by some means man city and chelsea for example were able to offer wages 10 times that of every other club it is possible that with a great manager one of those teams could replicate the same in england. now the thing is, this is only a game and the AI required to run something as incredibly complex as this game, can only do so much.

real life football isnt about maths, this game although complex is on some level maths as there is a formula used to create results. and the only way of making the game playable for all including new first time players is that flipside is once you know the system it can be beaten, and the rules dont change just becasue its a new system. navie has obviously put a lot of time into this game and previous versions and has learned what players to scout to find the hidden and not so hidden gems, the tactics to use to maximise his teams results and negate and AI teams strengths and also how to manage and train his players to keep them fit and healthy.

the main reason for it not being likely to win 11 in a row in the real world is that someone would either copy or improve what you were doing. teams would learn how to beat your tactics, youngsters will go elsewhere for better chance of making it big, another club may get bought out and have a mucher bigger transfer budget, or a manager may come along and knit a team together and have that magic touch, and new idea and system which changes the way everyone plays the game. its hard to teach an AI to come up with new ideas that change the whole enviroment of the gameworld, which would be needed to end a teams dominance........

so in closing berbatov9 you are right, or at least i agree with you, but theres no need to try and use maths based upon loose assumptions to try and justify your opinion, or for anyone to use maths to debunk you!!! well done navie for mastering the game and reaching the top of the curve........

@ MSCCG

Superb post.

MSCCG thats just over complicated and unnecessary, and i can argue forever that only one of the top four has a chance to win the league, no point in arguing because this is a fact.

each top four has 25% chance and if you want to win x times then its .25^x

so simple and no need for your arguements you are being a bit annoying as i don't want to calculate the real chance with everything in mind i just need a simple calculation and i mentioned that but people fail to understand it.

Well i'm guessing you didn't even bother to read MSCGG's because he basically completely disproved the validility of your assumptions and results.

It is also NOT fact that only the 'top four' can win the league. You seem to be getting two words confused: impossible and improbable. Who knows, Man City might do well for the next few months, then buy in 10 world class players in January and go on to win the league. Likely? No. Impossible? No. Improbable? Very much so.

So even though the calculations you've chosen to do are correct, the assumptions and figures you've used are illogical, unrealistic and inaccurate.

Berbatov you are wrong. This is FM not real life and If you want to carry on this argument add me on msn and I'll show you why your wrong. I have a A* in Maths at GCSE, A* in A level Maths and a Degree in Maths. So I know what I'm going on about.

Berbatov you are wrong. This is FM not real life and If you want to carry on this argument add me on msn and I'll show you why your wrong. I have a A* in Maths at GCSE, A* in A level Maths and a Degree in Maths. So I know what I'm going on about.

Thats funny, the highest grade currently achievable at A level is 'A'.

Also you must be some genious to have A levels AND a degree when according to your profile your 15.

If your going to lie you at least need to know what your talking about, otherwise you will end up looking like a fool.

well the best thing to do berbatov if you find it too easy is to try playing an online game with at least 7 other people, then you will see its not so easy, i have done this, i wont 2 leagues, 1 ECL and other cups then was let go after my contract ended because i was unable to keep up the standards due to other people doing well enough to get results against me. i then had to take over darlington in league 2. i will actually say that game was the best game on fm ive ever played as it was realistic enough

MSCCG thats just over complicated and unnecessary, and i can argue forever that only one of the top four has a chance to win the league, no point in arguing because this is a fact.

each top four has 25% chance and if you want to win x times then its .25^x

so simple and no need for your arguements you are being a bit annoying as i don't want to calculate the real chance with everything in mind i just need a simple calculation and i mentioned that but people fail to understand it.

1. If you actively ignore things that are too complicated, then that is... not very good.

2. I didn't calculate the real chance.

3. I would argue that your way was more complicated and unnecessary because you had to try and put a true value on the percentage chance while I only checked to see if the results were probable without guessing chances blindly.

I do understand what you did, but it is because I understand it that I can tell you that your method is wrong. No matter what percentage chance you give for something to happen, without doing real statistical tests you cannot say that it is unrealistic etc.

I do apologize for writing that extremely long and tiresome post though.

So does anyone else think the game is way, way, way toooo easy when playing as Man Utd? The point is...you shouldn't win the treble season after season just because your playing with a top team, you don't see top teams IRL doing that.

Ahahahahahaha. Whoever said that the chance of Man Utd winning the league is 25% is having a laugh. The chance of Man Utd winning the league is near impossible to work out. You have to include all the factors and even then unexpected occurrences like injuries always crop up. Anyway the chance of Man Utd winning the league is at least 40% frankly if I'm just going to have a wild stab at it. Arsenal and Liverpool are barely in it. And the guy who said it's 1 in 20...just don't bother. Go back to school.

Ahahahahahaha. Whoever said that the chance of Man Utd winning the league is 25% is having a laugh. The chance of Man Utd winning the league is near impossible to work out. You have to include all the factors and even then unexpected occurrences like injuries always crop up. Anyway the chance of Man Utd winning the league is at least 40% frankly if I'm just going to have a wild stab at it. Arsenal and Liverpool are barely in it. And the guy who said it's 1 in 20...just don't bother. Go back to school.

To be fair, atm Liverpool are more in it than Man u, but i get what your saying, maths can't factor in injuries, poor refs, players happiness, board unrest etc.. cause lets be fair, i bet the odds on Spurs being bottom at the start of the season were very very slim but now there really is a chance of them doing a Boro, going down when they actually have a good squad.

Thats funny, the highest grade currently achievable at A level is 'A'.

Also you must be some genious to have A levels AND a degree when according to your profile your 15.

If your going to lie you at least need to know what your talking about, otherwise you will end up looking like a fool.

adamstudley please don't think I'm a fool as that post was actually from my elder brother who seems to enjoy annoying me at the moment. I'm much better at maths than him aswell :D

I clicked this and have read for ages, and great post MSSCG. It is very unlikely but there are too many assumptions in your theory for it to be valid. Plus 25% is just nonsense. there are 100's of things that happen on and off the pitch for it to be a simple 1/4 chance.

Archived