• FC Midtjylland
    • Club Brugge
    • IFK Goteborg
    • Grasshoppers
    • Panathinaikos
    • Sparta Prague
    • AFC Astra
    • Dnipro

Okay so, if any of you watch the youtuber Second Yellow Card then you will know that he has recently been doing a save called 'Building A Nation'. In this save he is in charge of FC Midtjylland and attempting to not only make them a European powerhouse, but also to help Denmark rise through the world rankings. He is doing this by bringing in a constant flow of youth players and he is only allowed to sell players to other Danish clubs.

I really want to give this a go and may even post it on here but I am struggling to pick a team. I have narrowed it down to 8 teams and now I would like your help to decide which team I will be.

The teams are as followed:

FC Midtjylland (Denmark)

Club Brugge (Belgium)

IFK Goteborg (Sweden)

Grasshoppers (Switzerland)

Panathinaikos (Greece)

Sparta Prague (Czech Rep.)

AFC Astra (Romania)

Dnipro (Ukraine)

Please vote in the poll and thanks!

Since Belgium is already a powerhouse at international level I'd say.... any of the other nations!

Suspect that Astra would be your most difficult option to keep your players at domestic clubs since that's a consideration. Ukraine has nice short seasons which might be a bonus for not having to play too many matches in between new intakes of youth prospects.

Can no-one actually choose anything for themselves any more? Seriously, your challenge is one that will take a long, long time, which will need absolute dedication and an affinity to the club you're using. If you can't even bring yourself to pick one, the challenge probably won't last very long.

Since Belgium is already a powerhouse at international level I'd say.... any of the other nations!

Suspect that Astra would be your most difficult option to keep your players at domestic clubs since that's a consideration. Ukraine has nice short seasons which might be a bonus for not having to play too many matches in between new intakes of youth prospects.

Thanks for the advice!

Can no-one actually choose anything for themselves any more? Seriously, your challenge is one that will take a long, long time, which will need absolute dedication and an affinity to the club you're using. If you can't even bring yourself to pick one, the challenge probably won't last very long.

Well since I am probably going to be posting it on the careers thread I thought i'd ask what other people would do/want to see more. But having said that, you probably didn't read my post properly so didn't see that i said I was going to be posting it.

Also, I have no experience with any of these clubs or nations so wanted some input as to which might be best.

So, if you have no useful input then don't post acting like you are so superior because you can decide without any help.

Well since I am probably going to be posting it on the careers thread I thought i'd ask what other people would do/want to see more. But having said that, you probably didn't read my post properly so didn't see that i said I was going to be posting it.

Also, I have no experience with any of these clubs or nations so wanted some input as to which might be best.

So, if you have no useful input then don't post acting like you are so superior because you can decide without any help.

Even more reason why you should be trying to make the decision yourself. Trust me, if you want to start a long-running career thread on it, then it needs to be with a team you're invested in, otherwise it'll become a chore and probably die. Nothing to do with being "superior".

Even more reason why you should be trying to make the decision yourself. Trust me, if you want to start a long-running career thread on it, then it needs to be with a team you're invested in, otherwise it'll become a chore and probably die. Nothing to do with being "superior".

Yes but how can I make the decision if I have no knowledge about any of the clubs or nations?

Of course I won't just be basing my choice off of other people's ideas but it will help.

Yes but how can I make the decision if I have no knowledge about any of the clubs or nations?

Of course I won't just be basing my choice off of other people's ideas but it will help.

Google exists for a reason.

All the clubs you listed have a history to tell, up to you to find out about them and maybe do some light reading.

Archived