[FM16] I don't know where I'm going, only I know where I've been

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to return to the narrow 4-4-2 diamond for February's games, but with a slight tweak to the roles. I'm going to be using an Advanced Forward (A) and Target Man (S) up front. All other roles remain the same.

October was a pretty damn good month, though I didn't get Manager of the Month due to having to holiday to get past a crash dump

Oct%202021_zpswrytw9ro.png

and astonishingly, we're IN THE PLAYOFF PLACES

Oct%202021%20table_zpsi0acxhmr.png

I don't expect us to remain there all season, and surpassing 50 points for the season to secure survival remains the target for now, but I'm certainly optimistic we can survive in the Championship.

I will do a transfer window update later as I'm hoping to make a deadline day signing to add to the business I've already done in January, and this year's deadline is February 1st. I'm hoping to get it done either tonight or tomorrow, time permitting.

Enjoyed reading your career so far, great progress! Interesting to see you take such a step back to manage Plymouth, but looks like you might be back in the big time pretty soon.

Thanks GylfiAsCharged. It's been a fun career, but frustrating with the repeated crashes. It's a safe bet that either way, I'll be leaving after this season, hopefully with the Argyle in the Premier League.

6 League games and 16 points made for a very successful March, which could have been perfect as we blew a 3-1 lead in the last match of a busy month

Mar%202022_zps9kag2oek.png

and it looks like we're involved in a three-way title battle

Mar%202022%20table_zps3vpd3rci.png

and I am Manager of the Month for March

Mar%202022%20MOM_zpsvctprq5e.png

To summarise the final day:

Birmingham drew with Wycombe, securing safety for the hosts and denying the visitors a playoff spot.

Bradford were relegated with a home defeat, when a point would have seen them survive

Brentford beat us to climb into the playoffs and deny us even a chance of the title

Fulham clinch the title with a win over mid-table Burnley

Hull dropped out of the playoffs with a home defeat to Ipswich

The Premier League season has now concluded, and no clubs are without a manager, and none have their manager listed as anything less than 'stable'. I will wait until May 31 and will resign if nothing becomes available, hoping the 'managerial merry-go-round' will throw up something interesting.

I'm now into mid-August, and have not even had an interview despite expressing interest in several jobs (not at big clubs). I think that needs looking at for FM17. How can I gain promotion to the Premier League on two separate occasions, yet sides who only just beat relegation (Cardiff and Swansea), plus sides from Serie B and Liga Adelante, 'laugh off' my interest in taking over? IRL, Eddie Howe got Bournemouth promoted to the Premier League, has survived narrowly, yet is linked with big jobs all the time. I think it's too easy in FM to get a job in a higher division at the bottom end (why did I get the Hartlepool job when I was laughed off for Vanarama National jobs?), and too hard to get a job at the top when you get promoted. My reputation is 2 star, which given the number of promotions I've had and the fact I've reached the PL TWICE, seems very low.

They say in football, 'never go back', but on 18th October, I've been offered, and accepted, the job at one of my former clubs. I am the new manager of

Leicester%20return_zpszs1crqzp.png

and they've demanded instant promotion, which might be tough

Table%2018th%20Oct%202022_zps4rhduicv.png

Good to see you back there. You gave up really easily last time.

Thanks deltablue. I'm happy to be back, and I've got £10m to make a challenge for promotion happen. It's a challenge, but one that's really, really exciting.

Why did you resign from Plymouth? You need to stay and build something and keep fighting for each point!

Simple. 2 promotions in 2 seasons, and one year left on my contract. If we got off to a bad start and couldn't turn it round, I'd have been sacked. Self preservation.

Archived