FM documentary

Just watched it on Steam last night. Very enjoyable and cool to hear from those involved in the game. One thing I'd like to point out though. At one point musician Paolo Nutini mentions meeting the real life team that he used in FM (forget which team). He says he remembers not getting on well with one of the players. He said he realized it's because in FM that same player missed 3 weeks of practice in a row and he fined him two weeks wages. That's not possible right? Real-life players will not have disciplinary issues such as this only regens.

I want my money back! :lol:

I assume Nutini was referring to an earlier version of FM, or even CM, when real players did have off-the-field incidents.

I'm sure the comedian Jason Manford said on stage once that he was rather rude to Micah Richards for the same reason.

Its funny though. I remember Cameron Jerome constantly missing training on my Birmingham save years ago. Now I have a deep hatred for the man...even though I never have nor probably never will meet him!

On the flip side to that, I have "soft spots" for teams and players that I would normally have no interest in. I always look out for Rochdale's scores because I had a really good save with them quite a few years back, thanks in main to Adam Le Fondre who was there at the time and scored 30 goals a season for me. I also have kept tabs on how Le Fondre is doing in his career. Funny how it happens.

FM and other games that are obviously nowhere near as good, do lead to you having a liking for teams you never would ... i have a soft spot for Cambridge thanks to Premier Manager 98, had an amazing save with them! And I also like to see Norwich doing well after an FM11 save that went on for years, in that save I also had Jose Maria Callejon, who became Norwich's leading goal scorer, so i do like to think he got a move to Real Madrid thanks to my save :p

Archived