FM 2008: Sunderland AFC - The Irish Revolution

marcftm

Strikers that have performed for me on various games are.

Milevskiy

Zarate

Robert(Monterrey)

Rafael Sobis

Pongolle(£7 million release clause)

Rhys Murphy

Billy Sharp

Cabanas

Palacio is awesome

Vaughan(the one at Everton)

CBs that have done well for me

Gioda

Tamas

Vidal

Marco Russ

Samba Lescott

Take a look at who has been relegated someone managed to sign Afonso Alves from Boro when they were relegated and Defoe from Portsmouth. If Derby have gone down Giles Barnes is a great signing for the wing or AMC.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End Of Season #1:

Well, after one season at Sunderland, I'm happy with how i did. With about 6 or 7 games left, it looked like I'd get into Europe, but i didn't have much depth, and that showed in the final few games of the season, me losing my last 4 games... Which saw me move from 7th to 11th... Ah well, at least we were never in relegation danger. Here's how my players performed:

Goals:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Niculae Dica 13

Kenwyne Jones 10

Michael Chopra 9

Andy Reid 8

Martijn Meerdink 6

Rade Prica 4

Dickson Etuhu 2

Paul McShane 1

Phil Bardsley 1

Dean Whitehead 1

Danny Higgingbottom 1</pre>

Assists:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Martijn Meerdink 9

Niculae Dica 8

Kieran Richardson 7

Kenwyne Jones 6

Andy Reid 5

Dean Whitehead 3

Michael Chopra 3

Rade Prica 3

Phil Bardsley 2

Carlos Edwards 2

Nyron Nosworthy 2

Liam Miller 2

Danny Higgingbottom 2

Dickson Etuhu 1</pre>

Average Rating (only 7.00 or over):

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">1. Andy Reid 7.37

2. Niculae Dica 7.29

3. Martijn Meerdink 7.14

4. Ezequiel Garay 7.07</pre>

Well, as you can see, my best player of the season was Niculae Dica who scored the most and had the 2nd best Average rating and assists. Chopra looked quality at one point, then faded, then Jones went quality, and then faded... Which is why i still haven't got an out and out Goal Scorer. I've offered A LOT of youngsters contracts and with Jimenez coming in the summer, things should improve.

January 1st Update - Season 1

Fixtures/Results

I had some pretty spectacular games that were just great - here's a few of them. Higganbothan has got 4 goals from 4 pens and had to take a few important ones icon_biggrin.gif

A game of 3 penalties Vs Liverpool

A game really does last a full 90 minutes Vs West Ham

A minute of brilliance from Jones and Thil Vs Arsenal

They were probably the best bits of the first season but there was a couple of bad moments early on when I was still tweaking my formation.

A lesson on how to defend corners was needed and Man City taught me it

Not much can be said except ah well they are a big team after all - Chelsea

The League Table

Full Squad Stats

Transfers In Jan

Rade Prica for 725k to Derby

Dwight Yorke to Burnley for free

I have got 13.3 million left to spend and i am not looking just to throw it away needlessly. Jermain Pennant is T listed for 5.5 million and I am currently considering making a bid and also have a bid of 3.6 on Soren Laursen right now who is also T listed.

So far its going really well although I did go out the league cup in the 3rd round which was disappointing!

any comments?

I new we nhad the cash to get the players, but i thought we had too much average/not good enough players. I then had a summer clearout, Before the Clearout, i had 19.5m to spend as well by the way.

Transfers Out:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2008 | Pelter, Jack | Tranmere | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2008 | Harte, Ian | Crystal Palace | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Richardson, Kieran | Sheff Utd | £2M |

| 1.7.2008 | Carson, Trevor | Hartlepool | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Higginbotham, Danny| Crystal Palace | £525K |

| 1.7.2008 | Nosworthy, Nyron | Crystal Palace | £850K |

| 1.7.2008 | Varga, Stanislav | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Cole, Andrew | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Yorke, Dwight | Free Transfer | Free |

| 2.7.2008 | Dennehy, Billy | Free Transfer | Free |

| 2.7.2008 | Richardson, Jake | Free Transfer | Free |

| 2.7.2008 | Hartley, Peter | Free Transfer | Free |

| 2.7.2008 | Connolly, Liam | Free Transfer | Free |

| 2.7.2008 | Donoghue, Gavin | Free Transfer | Free |

| 14.7.2008 | Nordheim, Jan Erik | Norwich | Loan |

| 15.7.2008 | Kerényi, Róbert | Norwich | Loan |

| 15.7.2008 | Salomonsson, Emil | Norwich | Loan |

| 15.7.2008 | Zeefuik, Género | Norwich | Loan |

| 25.7.2008 | Jones, Kenwyne | Bolton | £6.5M |

| | Total | | £10M |</pre>

So i got an extra 10m. Here are my transfers in:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| 1.7.2008 | Jiménez, Luis | Ternana | £2.5M |

| 1.7.2008 | Tall, Ibrahim | Hearts | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Delle, Joris | FC Metz | Free |

| 4.7.2008 | Kaczmarek, Damian | Zaglebie Lubin | Free |

| 4.7.2008 | McLauchlan, Paul | Bristol City | £350K |

| 5.7.2008 | Kerényi, Róbert | Debrecen | Free |

| 5.7.2008 | Nordheim, Jan Erik | Rosenborg | Free |

| 7.7.2008 | Salomonsson, Emil | Ängelholm | £1K |

| 7.7.2008 | Lukasiewicz, Antoni| Elche | £700K |

| 15.7.2008 | Edwards, Preston | Millwall | £230K |

| 16.7.2008 | Rivas, Diego | R. Sociedad | £1.6M |

| 17.7.2008 | Guilherme | Cruzeiro | £13M |

| | Total | | £18.5M |</pre>

So i spent 18.5m on youngsters, Guilherme is immense, and i can't wait for him to play, Rivas is a good DM, Jimenez is quality, and Tall is good cover.

So with my squad looking like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Gordon

Bardsley/McShane Garay Lukasiewicz Wallace

| ^ ^ |

| | | |

| Sidwell ^ D.Rivas |

| | |

| | |

| Dica Jimenez Reid |

| |

| |

+ Guilherme +</pre>

I thought my team was definetly ready for next season, until i learned something horrible. Guilherme and Garay are going to the Olimpics! I'll be going for some replacements, and quick. I'm already going for Xisco to replace Jones, but now i need a ST and a Dc, perhaps on loan as they will return.

Just had one hell of a game against Derby County of all teams, they always seem to do well on my games, dunno how.

Was 3-0 down and close to smashing the FM disc when suddenly Zarate scored twice in 3 minutes! I brought on Arshavin and he and Jones went on and single handedly destroyed the Derby defence!

The game ended 6-3 in my favour. Anyone ever been involved in a game like this?

Just started as Sunderland picked avoid relegation by accident and then asked for more transfer funds and got £13 million and got more wages. When I pick mid-table I never get more transfer money. I will update when I can but will not be able to play again until Saterday.

The games weird sometimes isn't it? Anyway I mentioned before how Iv' just survived, and my new 08/09 season is underway started well enough beat Blackburn and newly promoted Ipswich but just been beaten at Liverpool 2-1.

I signed S Davis for £3 million, A Arshavin for £7.75 million and I paid over the odds for Zarate at £9 million but he has scored 4 goals in 3 games for me so far!

I neglected my defence, and it now looks a bad decision, I have £3 million left to spend, can anyone recommend a CB for that money?

Just filter all the CBs on the player search to realistic targets and search for ones with high tackling heading marking jumping and see who comes up. If that doesnt help I always look in the reserves of the big 4 and a few big clubs abroad and can usually find someone to buy or loan.

Originally posted by SAFCrhys_keanoFTM:

The games weird sometimes isn't it? Anyway I mentioned before how Iv' just survived, and my new 08/09 season is underway started well enough beat Blackburn and newly promoted Ipswich but just been beaten at Liverpool 2-1.

I signed S Davis for £3 million, A Arshavin for £7.75 million and I paid over the odds for Zarate at £9 million but he has scored 4 goals in 3 games for me so far!

I neglected my defence, and it now looks a bad decision, I have £3 million left to spend, can anyone recommend a CB for that money?

Christ thats a lot for Zarate!! If you unsettle him and then negotiate you should have been able to get him for half that!

Just to go off topic from FM, apparently Keane has £50 million to spend on new talent (hopefully he will be more shrewd in the transfer market, we have made a £2 million loss on Halford) where do you think we shoould strengthen and who would you go for?

For me I would hope for a team like this next season:

GK Gordon

RB Bardo

LB Collins

CB Evans (we must buy this lad)

CB ?

RW Pennant (younger and better than Carlos)

LW McGeady (Our Scottish connection)

CM Reid

CM Richardson/Assuncoa (Great midfielder OoC)

FW Jones

FW ? (WHO?)

GK Gordon

RB Bardo

LB Collins

CB Evans (we must buy this lad)

CB ?

RW Pennant (younger and better than Carlos)

LW Hunt

CM Reid

CM Sidwell

FW Jones

FW Jimmy Briand or Diego Forlan(although i highly doubt it)

That who I want to see I agree on Pennant and Jonny Evans. I am not that confident that we will get any real quality players in, we are always linkewd to players from the championship which is not what I want to see really. Lets hope I am wrong.

Only one more day until I am finished house sitting and can return to my own domain to fest away playing as wonderful Sunderland.

Half way through season two, I'm thinking of going for Klass Jan Huntelaar but I don't know if he would want to come to me yet as I am still trying to establish myself in the Premier League, I am currently 8th and 3 points off 5th.

Has anyone ever signed Huntelaar for Sunderland? If yes how much for and what season did you sign him in?

I got him for around 22 million at end of 3rd season i think, was bad decision for me though, he scored only 7 goals in 30 league starts, luckily man u still thought he looked like a good man so after 1 season i sold him to man utd for tevez and 2 million.

Tevez had been playing poorly for manu because they liked to play him out of position is avergae ratigns for last 2 seasons had been below 7 he came to my sunderland and became amazing.

Now hes too old though really his physical stats are very low so makes occaisional sub appearances for me.

I'm in 2016 now btw.

GK: Ustari

RB: Christian Sanchez

LB: Traore

CB: Breno

CB: Felipe

CM: Fabregas

CM: Javi Garcia

AML: Dos Santos

AMR: Messi

AMC: Marko Marin

ST: Prudnikov

In season 2012. In the month of May now. Not finishing the season too bad after a brutal start. Tried creating my own 4-4-2 but found it very inconsistent.

Team is now like this

GK. Scribe

RB. Eduardo Ratinho

LB. Guilherme

CB. Vidal

CB. David

MC. Lulinha

MC. Ever Banega

AML. Mortimoto

AMC. Toni Richter (regen) PA192 Class

AMR. Gakpe

FC. Ceravolo

Just beat Arsenal there 3-0. Richter getting two outstanding long range efforts. Both of his goals go into goals of the month and he won young player of the month. Not bad for a 19 year old

Finally got started as Sunderland seems to have taken forever. Here is a screenie of my transfers

Transfers

Going to aim to bring in Luis Jimenez, Gabriel Tamas and Mauro Zarate next season. To get more money with Sunderland you need to put avoid relegation and then ask board for more transfer money and more wages, they will raise both to a decent level but will only do it if you put the lowest expectation.

Reding this thread made me start a Sunderland game. Aim is obviously to avoid relegation.

Currently 17 games in and sat in 14th place so reasonably happy.

Spend a few quid on transfers pre season and regret most of them. Sidnei is quality and so is Paolo Ferreira. I bought Larsson for a bit of experience but it just isn't working out. Chopra has failed to hit the net in 14 games. Only goals coming from K Jones (4) and Carlos Edwards (3) at the moment.

Transfers

Board offered me an additional £20m in November so I have already secured the services of Kevin Doyle and Asamoah Gyan. Wanted VDV but after looking round Ashbrooke and Monkwearmouth he chose not to come.

Sorry about that. I finished 7th and got into the Euro Cup. Just after signing a new three year deal. Quinn expects Sunderland to be challenging for the Premier Laugue by the end of my contract. Have a funny I won't win it in three years.

I think that I will start a new game for Sunderland aswell, most of my FM time is taken up by my Blackburn squad at the minute.

Acidburn I really don't know where you get all this money from the board! On all my previous games the most I have been given in my first season was £7 million just before the January transfer window, I usually get told to focus on training!

Anyway back to matters in hand, before I start my new game, any recommendations for transfers would be appreciated, who should I bring in for the 2007/8 season that can make a big impact on my squad?

Started a new game yesterday and managed to finish a season with a few positives. Firstly, I set up with a 4-1-4-1, but had the two wingers as AMR/L's. I bought two unknowns called Kew Jaliens, a centerback from AZ for £4M, and a left winger called Szabolcs Huszti from Hannover. I got rid of Leadbitter and Wallace.

Edwards got injured first game so I managed to sign Pennant on loan for 5 months to cover him, but his moral went out the window so i ended up forking £5M on Chris Burke from Rangers.

Finished the season in 11th place, although wasn't best pleased with my domestic success in cups, was knocked in the 3rd round of the League Cup to Preston, and knocked out in the 4th round of the FA Cup to West Brom.

About to start my second season, thankfully managed to hold on to Craig Gordon *TOUCH WOOD...*..it's only the 10th of July, signed Deschacht, E. Johnson, Hugo Rodallega, Luis Jimenez and Al Bangura.

I'll inform you all in the next couple of hours with progress etc.

I think that I will start a new game for Sunderland aswell, most of my FM time is taken up by my Blackburn squad at the minute.

Acidburn I really don't know where you get all this money from the board! On all my previous games the most I have been given in my first season was £7 million just before the January transfer window, I usually get told to focus on training!

Anyway back to matters in hand, before I start my new game, any recommendations for transfers would be appreciated, who should I bring in for the 2007/8 season that can make a big impact on my squad?

I never realised how to get so much money until I simply put the lowest thing I could achieve avoid relegation and then asked for more cash. For some reason this doesnt work when you have mid-table finish. Bit of a fluke really but worked out very well.

£5 million for avoid relegation and £6.5 million for mid table not sure about more as I never aim higher. Like I said earlier if you say avoid relegation and then ask for more you get £11 million. I think they are rich because the bank balance is on £20 million.

Originally posted by SAFCrhys_keanoFTM:

Just started my new Sunderland game, I really need defenders bad and I have bought in Evans on loan but I could do with another CB, anyone got ant suggestions?

Tamas or Radu, and that Russian bloke who's available for free (can't remember his name tho)

Just starting the 2012/13 season and after winning the Prem and Champs League I've decided to get rid of a load of players... Cavani only managed 6 goals last season, and Radu is only averaging 6.77.

My star players have been Tomasso Vailatti (CM) 25 goals in 45 games, Dawid Janczyk (ST) 35 goals in 48 games, Christian Zapata (DF) and Vincent Enyeama (GK)

Just picked my sunderland game back up after growing frustrated with my peterboro game.

january 2010 window just closed, so here's the transfer updates.

IN:

Luis Jimenez for 7.75mill (min release)

OUTS:

Greg Halford - 750k to fulham

Phil Bardsley - 1.8mill to reading

Russell Anderson - 50k to watford

Carlos Edwards - 50k to mallorca

some youngsters free transfered also.

First Team

GK: C. Gordon/M. Fulop/D. Bouzanis

DR: Eduardo Ratinho/P. Ferriera/P. McShane

DL: A. Mantovani

DC: M. Dawson/D. Dervite

DC: H. Bellaid/P. McShane/S. Ignashevich

MR: G. Barnes/G. Torje

ML: J. Fleck/K. Richarson

MC: J. De Guzman/W. Gargano/D. Whitehead

MC: L. Jimenez/K. Thomson/G. Leadbitter

ST: M. Vuoso/M. Chopra

ST: K. Jones/J. Fleck

transfer listed:

stokes, reid, rafael forster (by request), fulop

been having some inconsistent performances especially from the strikers, having trouble finding the net to be honest! Jones is playing particularly badly (last 3 games all 6s and no goals in a month or two which isn't good enough for the prem in my opinion). ended up losing a couple of games due to dodgy linesmen not calling offsides (so what else is new?!) and lost a few wins due to falling apart towards the end of the game. however I just came off a fantastic 6-0 home win over man utd! supporter opinion bar was completely filled! have never seen that before so am quite pleased with myself...but given previous games who knows how long this form will last! my.php?image=safcwowsi9.jpgmy.php?image=safcsupporteropinionox4.jpg

Archived