FM 2008: Sunderland AFC - The Irish Revolution

marcftm

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guy's i have just started a new season with Sunderland in the prem....

I am using the weegie update.

Patch 8.0.2

A meduim database with all players loaded from Spain, Italy, France, Holland, China and Germany.

I have 4.8m to spend and a wage budget of 318k does anyone have any good suggestions on who to sign or make an offer for cause im already at a complete loss.

Any suggestions are welcome please be serious though i don't want to here people coming out with KAKA or something.

Thanks in advance.......

You need to sell a few players to raise some cash if you offer people out you can get the following amounts or around this figure anyways.

Leadbitter - £5 million

Nosworthy - £2.5 million

Murphy - £1 million

Stokes - £1.5 million

With this you need to buy some to partner Ferdinand in defense Samba would cost around £1.5 million or Gioda who is faster but not as good in the ait for £1.8 million, Fazio is a great CB and developes brilliantly can be got for £3m-£4m. Also I think its important to get a decent striker as backup for Cisse, Thil is a good bet and only cost 250k. Arshavin is also a good buy I got Barnes and Arshavin for £5 million each on weegie update also check out Rafael Sobis as he can be bought for £4.2 million on weegie even though his value is slightly more. Then just get some players for the future Tales, Rafael Forster, Stelvio, Arthur Sorin, Ramires.

Also make sure you play Malbranque and Diouf I had them on the wings and in the second season I got £10 million for Malbranque and £8 million for Diouf. Try asking the baord for some more money or more wages as you usually get more wages and the transfer money would be a bonus. Second season the money starts to roll in. I use Cisse as a lone striker and he scored 30 goals a season for 4 season running as I bought him when his loan ended. If you buy him during his loan he can be bought for around £8 million or even less but if you wait until his loan is over he would cost 3 times that.

Hope this helps.

You need to sell a few players to raise some cash if you offer people out you can get the following amounts or around this figure anyways.

Leadbitter - £5 million

Nosworthy - £2.5 million

Murphy - £1 million

Stokes - £1.5 million

With this you need to buy some to partner Ferdinand in defense Samba would cost around £1.5 million or Gioda who is faster but not as good in the ait for £1.8 million, Fazio is a great CB and developes brilliantly can be got for £3m-£4m. Also I think its important to get a decent striker as backup for Cisse, Thil is a good bet and only cost 250k. Arshavin is also a good buy I got Barnes and Arshavin for £5 million each on weegie update also check out Rafael Sobis as he can be bought for £4.2 million on weegie even though his value is slightly more. Then just get some players for the future Tales, Rafael Forster, Stelvio, Arthur Sorin, Ramires.

Also make sure you play Malbranque and Diouf I had them on the wings and in the second season I got £10 million for Malbranque and £8 million for Diouf. Try asking the baord for some more money or more wages as you usually get more wages and the transfer money would be a bonus. Second season the money starts to roll in. I use Cisse as a lone striker and he scored 30 goals a season for 4 season running as I bought him when his loan ended. If you buy him during his loan he can be bought for around £8 million or even less but if you wait until his loan is over he would cost 3 times that.

Hope this helps.

Thank You so Much.

It has helped loads if i want to post how i am doing like what players i have signed and sold, and screenshots of my time with the mighty Sunderland, where do you think the best place to post them should be......:thup:

In here would be best or if you want more peoples opinions then post in the how to improve my team thread. Keep us updated in here though I am not playing as Sunderland after my last game crashed, in this game I won the champions league in the 3rd season and had a kick ass team that included Torres and Messi and even went a full season without a defeat. Once this game was gone I couldnt get back into playing another game as my team, although I am tempted now. I still like to see how other people are getting on as Sunderland.

It will be too late now but when you start as Sunderland if you tell the board your aim is to avoid relegation then ask for more transfer and wage money they give you £11 million to spend. If you say midtable then you get £6 million but they wont give you more transfer money but will increase your wages.

Not bad. I like the midfield, that's your strongest area. Look to strengthen the full backs, they're not up to standard with the rest of the team imo. Replace Arshavin as well, and the centre of the park is a bit too defensive imo, try getting someone creative there.

I think you need to buy Fazio, Vidal, Gignac and a more creative CM Stephen Ireland was pretty good for my Sunderland team. McShane does develope nicely you could have Vidal at LB Fazio as CB and another striker that way you can use Arshavin to cover the RW and upfront. How does Kenwyne do for you as I find him rubbish in every game I play as Sunderland lol.

SAFCvsMANU.jpg

That has been one of my better results so far this season, top of the league at the minute but Chelsea are breathing down my neck. Only a point seperates us. Manchester United on the other hand lie in 19th place, going down in 2010? Had some great reults, beaten once away to Tottenham 1-0, team picked themselves up straight away as I thrashed Benfica 3-0 in the ECC. Then went on to get this result against Man Utd. Next I have a double-header against chelsea, first in the LC and then in the Premier League. I will post ip the scores ASAP.

Well, I've played my two games against Chelsea, sorry it took so long but my laptop needed fixed. I'm out of the League Cup after losing to a 92nd minute Michael Ballack goal. But in the league which is more important, I drew 0-0 despite not playing too well. So I'm satisfied.

Still a point above them and I have a host of winnable games coming up too. About to play RC Lens in the Champions League, back inabit!

im in year 2014-2015 and sit at top of prem. i have hugo lloris in goal and just have the chance to get cech for 12 mill. is it a good idea to sign him as well and rotate them or just stick with hugo and my reserve preston edwards????

I'm on an amazing run! I beat Everton 1-0 away, then went to Bayern Munich in the ECC and wone 4-3! This was followed 4 consecutive victories in the league and only one goal conceded! Also, the teams in the top four with me all seem to keep losing vital games. I'm 10 points clear half-way through the season and with a game in hand too.

I also have lots more winnable games coming up to, I really look like a title challenger this year.

Still have this run going, I have tied up the signing of Kaboul for just under £5 million. I'm pleased as he is quality on this game and he will be a permanent replacement for when Djourou returns to Arsenal.

I have only conceded 9 goals all season which is remarkable, still 7 points clear with about 13 games to go.

• 1 month later...

Archived