Transfer Budget Question

Hi Just a quick question.

I have started a new save with Leeds and selected no transfer budgets in first window just to make it realistic - but i want to sign a player on a free transfer. I have plenty of wage budget, i think it is £20k per week left.

The player i wish to sign as agreed a contract for £3k a week, plus £5k signing on fee and £5k agent fee.

The transfer won't go through as i need to deduct the £10k signing on fee's from my transfer budge - which is zero and can't be incresed.

Any ideas what i can do?

Hi Just a quick question.

I have started a new save with Leeds and selected no transfer budgets in first window just to make it realistic - but i want to sign a player on a free transfer. I have plenty of wage budget, i think it is £20k per week left.

The player i wish to sign as agreed a contract for £3k a week, plus £5k signing on fee and £5k agent fee.

The transfer won't go through as i need to deduct the £10k signing on fee's from my transfer budge - which is zero and can't be incresed.

Any ideas what i can do?

Yeah I have this issue as I always leave budgets off in the first window and sometimes get tempted for a stop gap free transfer. The only way around it is to offer 0 signing on fee and agent fee! I always give a slightly higher wage and click the 'lock' sign on the £0 signing on and agent fees and lower end free agents don't usually care

• SI Staff

Hey Shakey,

Other than negotiating a deal that involves no signing on or agent fees, as Special_One mentioned, there is no way around this unfortunately. The no transfer budgets in first window option is designed to restrict clubs to their initial/real-life squads for the first few months of the game.

Cheers,

Seb.

Archived