An Adventure Into the Unknown

Cardiovascular

As FM always does upon release, the latest edition has swept me off my feet and taken me into it's loving arms. I find myself enjoying the game even more than ever and fancied documenting my progress here so others could hopefully enjoy it too. This save is exactly as the title suggests - a journey into leagues I've never managed in before. And, thanks to this wonderful pack of leagues from around the globe by claassen, the journey will revolve majorly around leagues that aren't even in the game. Very much unknown territory for myself. My only real panic is the chance that there may be problems with the files, but it's a chance I'll have to take for a fun save.

fIFQWQh.png

These are the leagues I've loaded to begin with. I do have all of the leagues in claassen's pack so I can add and remove as I desire. It would be nice to conquer some of them, wouldn't it? The only continent not loaded is South America, and there's a nice mix of leagues and countries I can choose to jet off too when (if?) an offer comes in.

Q9m6nfc.png

My manager is Alex Jones, a 27 year old nobody whose CV includes glorious achievements such as "professional Football Manager player" and "weekend offender." Whether or not he's cut out for management is anyone's guess. I'll be holidaying a couple of months from the start of the game (1/7/2015) since alot of teams won't currently have managers. I can't say I started this game with any particular goals in mind but I guess winning the hexagon challenge would be great. Overall, I'll be happy with avoiding the sack in my first season. Start small and dream big.

After the three months of holidaying was up, an interview popped up of a nice looking position. The interview went very successfully, and we are off too...

Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg

Luxembourg! More specifically...

FC-Victoria-Rosport-Logo.png

69UKDQm.png

FC Victoria Rosport, fondly known as Rosport to the ten or so fans that follow them, were willing to hire an unknown foreigner to guide their sinking ship. And I'm not surprised they had to hire essentially a random soul, as the team currently sits bottom of Luxembourg's top flight with nil points. Their form is 0-0-8 shipping twenty five goals in the process and scoring just the one. And it occurs to me that my first goal in this save should be getting this useless bunch of misfits to win a game.

x4cBGzm.png

As you can quite clearly see, the club has been running for close to 90 years and (apparently) won just the one trophy, the second division title last year. And I daresay, given my initial impressions of the squad, it will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Speaking of the squad...

0JYui44.png

There are ALOT of problems with this team. Three quality players and not much else. And the worst of it is I don't even think I can sign anyone until January. It could be a long three months until then. Gustav Schulz is by far and away our best player and it's a real shame he can't play nine different positions at once as that would be real handy. The other two positions would be filled by the Poloshenko twins who are not far behind quality wise. Artur is a very good striker for this level, meanwhile Oleg fills in as a defensive midfielder by trade. The rest of the squad is very much below average save for one 17 year old defender we have on loan. Overall, it might be a short stint in Luxembourg. But by all means, I'll give it my best shot!

Good luck in the lesser known leagues!

Hexagon glory will be tough, especially in South America as you don't seem to have an eligible nation loaded. :p

Thanks! I must say, your thread was a big inspiration. :)

good spot, I like to keep readers on their toes... if (big if) the hexagon becomes a likely goal then I'll throw in a South American league to chase the dream in.

Thanks! I must say, your thread was a big inspiration. :)

good spot, I like to keep readers on their toes... if (big if) the hexagon becomes a likely goal then I'll throw in a South American league to chase the dream in.

Cheers - an honour to hear it :)

I will be looking forward to the day when the Hexagon nears ;)

Love an obscure lead, will be keeping a watch :).

Appreciate it, thanks!

Cheers - an honour to hear it :)

I will be looking forward to the day when the Hexagon nears ;)

As do I... going by this next update, could be a loooong way away. :D

How rubbish are a rubbish Luxenbourg team?

Incredibly so. See next update for details.

Rosport - Winter Break

xJicbUN.png

Well, some may argue that could (and by the state of our team should) be worse than it was. We could quite feasibly have came away with zero points, it's that bad. By the time I was four games in, I was screaming for the winter break and subsequent transfer window to arrive before I was sacked. Fortunately, it has arrived and there has been no terminal damage yet. My first game in charge saw us 2-1 up going into the 90th minute, only to lose out to a last gasp goal. Cue myself thinking that this may not have been that hard after all - how wrong was I? We've lost all but one of our league games since then and only won one solitary game against an amateur side who we thumped. The only good thing to come of this period has been Artur Poloshenko who seems to be the only one with an ounce of footballing ability. Hopefully, a few signings can be made through January to help us in what would appear to be an impossible battle against relegation, but I won't be holding my breath. They say there is light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm fairly certain it's a train.

5b6wRYG.png

Breaking records already... Hall of shame, here I come. :(

rIM1uk8.png

As you'd expect, the league table makes for terrible (or hilarious depending on your point of view) showing. 13 games left, 13 points adrift. And we have two and a half months to get our act together.

Rosport - Winter Break

The winter break brought us respite from the cruel onslaught of league football. Praise the lord, it also brought a transfer window where we could try and make something of this hopeless rags we call a team. Four players came in on the opening day but despite my best efforts, I could only add three more across the remainder of January.

bRjetVx.png

Of these seven, I've screengrabbed the three who I've pinpointed as difference makers to our team.

Yannick Jorge is a solid goalkeeper for this level. Rated four and a half stars, he stands out as one of our best players in the squad. The question really is whether he is the pair of safe hands we need? Time will tell.

Pit Siebenaler is a quality centre back for this level as his attributes clearly show. Will hopefully combines well with Yannick to shore up the defence a bit more.

Jeffry Tavares Gomes is a tough tackling central midfielder who took a lot of persuading to join our club. Again, he looks like he can do a decent job in the centre.

Eriton arrives as a backup striker for Artur Poloshenko, whilst the remaining three are a trio of defenders who arrive as backups/alternative options to our current shower of rubbish.

1dJN5wb.png

Look at those greens baby! Still, it's rubbish lower league sides and not league sides. I'm still pretty worried that this side won't be strong enough to stay up, but here's hoping.

This may come as a surprise...

aJRBiRn.png

Yes, I know it's hard to believe as we were doing so well. The board requested a meeting and refused my pleas and my bribes to keep me on, so I thought I'd offer to resign in a peace showing between myself and the board, because I did my best and that's what counts, right? Well, not according to the board. Upon offering my resignation, they proceeded to absolutely rip into me and my reign at the club.

sxOhquF.png

Ouch. After I gave them my best as well. :( Normally, I'd wish for an ex-club to do well but I want Rosport to crash and burn. At least until the board up and leave, the bunch of dirty badgers.

HiHPpup.png

Still winless but a small, miniscule silver lining is we picked up more draws than in the first half of my reign. But it wasn't enough, and a loss at 13th place Racing effectively sent me back to the job market.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a long Christmas period in real time where I haven't been flush with time for FM between family and alcohol, but I do have a new job to report back on! Just ten days after being sent home with a smacked bottom and a note to my mother by the Rosport board, I was contacted by a team a bit further afield than Luxembourg. Indeed, one Skype interview later and the job was mine. And where were we off too?

Flag_of_Lebanon.svg

Lebanon! Or the land with the Christmas Tree on their flag. Whichever you prefer.

Tadamon-Sour.png

Al-Tadamoun Sour, more fondly known as just Tadamoun, would ignore my sins with Rosport (at my utter request as I called them every name under the sun) and hire me to be their dear leader. The team are currently second in the Lebanese Second Division having lost their manager to the team in first (who interestingly lost their manager to the team in fourth... I have a feeling this could go on.) They are a damn sight better than Rosport upon first glance.

L9L5iq7.png

Success has been in the air recently cup wise but last year did see the team relegated from the Premier Division which is a real shame. It would be great to bounce back at the first time of asking, and given the current position we are in, it's a real possibility we may manage that this year.

gRz6Obo.png

Infinitely better than Rosport. It's nice to have various bits and pieces of quality in a team rather than just three star players and deadwood elsewhere. The squad does need some tweaks, both to players and staff as we currently only have myself and a goalkeeping coach. Quite frankly, that is not enough especially given my coaching regime in Luxembourg...

Richmond Konan and Serge Dide are miles ahead of anyone we have in the squad currently in terms of talent but miles ahead doesn't mean the rest is bad, they're both just very good. Honourable mentions to Youssef Anbar, a tidy looking central midfielder and promising youngster Mohammad Al-Faour, both of whom look like they can be essential assets to the centre of the pitch.

Archived