Is 1 tactic enough to be great?

I try to adjust a little bit with the formation and tactics i want to use after i've bought the game, until i find the one that is working. Then i use that formation/tactic with great success. I never change anything during matches. Doesn't matter if they're friendlies or important matches. Still works like a charm.

I don't think i've ever reloaded a game just to win a match. Never even been tempted. What happens happens. Better luck next time. :p

I have 2 tactics, one Home and one Away. Same formation but slight alterations eg. more attacking at home, counter attack away

I make adjustments during the game though depending on the score, my tactic can be too open defensively if we're hanging on so i alter that slightly and i like to throw more men forward if im losing

I play a 4-4-2 diamond formation, but I have 13 tactical variants for all different tasks within this formation.

Examples: I have Standard, Attacking, Chasing, Gung-Ho, Defensive, Shut Up Shop (this is for slender leads against good sides, slow possession tactic), Anti-4-2-4, Against 10 Men, Less Cards...

I tend to do relatively well.

I believe that one tactic can gain you success if you have a very strong squad and you manage to keep the squad motivated then you can get success but only short term. Long term requires more tactical sets so opponents cant find a weakness and constantly exploit it.

I play with 4 varients of tactics. A 3-5-2 normal for home games and a 4-4-2 normal for away games, a defensive 4-4-2 for any tough games and an attacking 3-5-2 for easy games.

Archived