A lot of budget room but board won't let me offer more than £170 per week?

You're in May in-game, so any pre-contract signings or future transfers you have for the summer will eat into your available wage budget.

I have 2 pending transfers, 136k p/w in total. Should still be plenty of money left.

However I had a negative 5m balance overall, maybe it was the reason? In this case I don't know why the board wouldn't take some money from the transfer kitty and cover the losses, I would still be able to sign Pogba.

However I had a negative 5m balance overall, maybe it was the reason? In this case I don't know why the board wouldn't take some money from the transfer kitty and cover the losses

That's not how it works. The money in the transfer kitty isn't 'banked' money, it's a figure the board give you to spend. A frugal board will base this around the assets that the club has and projected revenue, but it looks like your board are giving you more than what they can actually afford. It's not a case of you giving that back and putting it into the club, as it doesn't really exist per se. It's a budget that the board decide on, and if they don't have enough actual money to cover it, the club goes into debt. What'll be happening there is that because of the actual debt levels of the club, they will now be restricting player wages. So, even although you can see you still have 'money' left in the wage budget, that money isn't actually there. Basically, the board appear to have given you more to spend that what the club can actually afford.

I have 2 pending transfers, 136k p/w in total. Should still be plenty of money left.

However I had a negative 5m balance overall, maybe it was the reason? In this case I don't know why the board wouldn't take some money from the transfer kitty and cover the losses, I would still be able to sign Pogba.

As Dave has said above the transfer budget isn't a separate pot of money. You only have one source of money, the bank account and its empty.

With the club in debt and two incoming transfers on the way the only surprise is you can actually make a bid for Pogba. Unless you have a lot of income due in I would expect the wage & transfer budget to be heavily slashed for next season when they are recalculated.

Archived