Something for the oldies (30+)

But that didn't come out on the Speccy... did it? Certainly a quick bit of research doesn't throw anything up. Are you sure?

Obviously, there were Football Manager games on the Speccy, but that was before '93 anyway IIRC.

i never said i played cm93 on the speccy. :o now am confused. i played before that on the speccy.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i never said i played cm93 on the speccy. :o now am confused. i played before that on the speccy.

Well, you said "Championship Manager 93" then a picture of CM93 on the Amiga followed by the words "But played on the old ZX spectrum". Sure you can see why the confusion there. Plus, there weren't any Championship Manager games on the speccy so it's all confusing anyway! ;)

I'm 24 and I remember playing on the original championship manager on the Amiga.

Does anyone recall two amazing Cambridge United players always worth buying if you were a top tier side (i.e. Division 1)? Think one was Collins and the other Oscoro? Something like that anyways...

I remember when starting a new game i'd have to leave the Amiga on over night for the game to setup, it took hours and hours.... ahh memories.... I was still at Primary School.... :cool:

The big appeal of the game was the fact you could manage anyone unlike premier manager in which you had to start in the Conference.

Well really cast your mind back and in 1984 there was already a game called football manager on the great old dragon 32 and there was also a game called champions on the same computer.

What is really sad is i still own the games and the dragon 32. as well as still owning a speccy 128,atari st,megadrive, master system.

cannot bring myself to get rid of them as they are a little piece of history.

also i am 32.

So technically i started on management games at the ripe old age of 6.

Anyone beat that.

Archived