FMS Podcast - The (Attempted) Return

Offspring8

Episode 1: Lonely Beginnings

So after gauging the interest, I recorded the first 20 minute episode and uploaded it. In the episode, you will find:

- An intro to myself and a short explanation of the podcasts

- A bit of personal background info on myself

- A light touch on a few pieces of football news

- My main subject (Mourinho vs Wenger/Arsenal's performance in the Community Shield)

- A few comments on my personal favourite FMSers and my favourite story of all time

- Some notes on other people getting involved in the podcasts moving forward

Hopefully it doesn't bore you to sleep, but even if it does maybe I'll throw it on iTunes and try and make some money from it as something that aids sleep!

Not boring at all mate, good stuff.

Couple of idea's:

- Bumpers between parts, even if it's a five second music clip. Just to break it up a bit.

- Try not to repeat yourself within two sentences (I noticed it a couple of times, wasn't annoying or anything, just noticed it)

- Could've gone a bit more in depth into some things, like your background and etc, some sections seemed a bit short. (Although a guest will sort that out soon enough).

Overall, I really enjoyed it. You've got an agreeable voice for radio. I'm also still up for guesting, but I'm not back in the UK until mid-way through August.

Sounds good. Agree with WLKRAS about breaking up the parts, but overall an interesting podcast to listen to. I didn't know you worked at Legoland! That must be well cool. :cool:

I don't mind being a guest as well. The last time with Terk we did it via Skype so that seems to be the best way to do it.

Perfect, thank you for the feedback guys, I'll take it on board and we'll sort that out for the next episode.

With regards to the length I was a little worried that it was too long (I know the golden rule for YouTube videos is 5 minutes max) so I'm more than happy to make it longer as I did have to cut out a fair bit to hit the 20 minute mark!

Overall I'm relatively happy with the podcast debut, thanks again for the feedback guys. WLKRAS I'll keep your availability in mind for later this month and Ben I'll contact you shortly and see if we can pencil in some time to do a recording.

Don't worry about length. Podcasts are different from YouTube videos. As long as the topic and conversation is interesting length shouldn't really matter.

Yeah, the podcasts I normally listen to vary from 15-30 mins to 2 hours and I never really notice that it's going on forever in that sense

Enjoyed the podcast mate was an interesting listen considering your views on Mourinho and Wenger. Will look forward to more as the season goes on. Im definitely interested in taking part in a podcast in the future. Maybe have more than 1 guest on to create a debate about any issues in the sporting world. I like the layout you've created as well. I'll echo the comments about time I used to take part in a non league podcast that used to run for an hour, though that did have 5 people in it.

Just listened to it Offy, an enjoyable listen and a good piece of work. Mark me down for guestship, but a bit further down the line as I'll be a bit too busy for the rest of this month to be able to take part.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived