Help with defending corners

I was looking over the forum to see if conceding a lot from corners is a ME glitch or is it just me being bad, but I only managed to find one thread in the bugs reports. I am at half season and every AI corner it's a goal nomatter what I do. It is nerve wrecking and for me playing the game at the moment it's just not worth, but before taking the decision to stop playing the game untill this issue is resolved I wanted to ask you guys how do you feel about this and maybe, if you take the time, you could tell me what settings do you use when defending corners.

I remeber that last year, in the early days of FM14, a similar issue with corners existed wich was resolved after a minor patch.

Before ending my post I want to say that a play a mid-table team with pretty decent defenders that are good enough in aerial play. For those who want to see the quallity of my defenders, the team is CS U Craiova from Romania First League.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

I've mentioned this in another thread last night so you might wanna try what I've been doing.

I have a mixture man marking and zonal marking. 2 full backs on either posts, 2 centre halfs marking tallest players. 4 players marking the 6 yard box, 1 on the edge of box and whoever else is left back too.

As far as I'm concerned you've plenty of other opportunities to score so hitting them on the break from corners isn't my priority, defending my goal is so that's why I keep everyone back.

I'd also recommend using def set piece on the ore match training routine.

Let me know how you get on

I havent set any custom setup for corners and i very rarely concede them.. My defence is top in league in strength though. Rest of defence stats are roughly top 5 or top 8 i think.

In beta it was bad so i had them constantly match prepping def set pieces and it did get better. I had around 40% match prep for a while!

Thank you all for you feedback and help. Started using vasili's set-up today and it works like a swiss clock. In 5 games I've conceded 0 from corners and furtermore ME rarely show me key highlights witch implyes corners. IF anyone else struglles with corners i recomend his defensive set-up.

Archived