Ebbsfleet United 4-4-2 tactic help

I have started FM14 with Ebbsfleet United from England Skrill South. So far i have created three tactics as described below (4-4-2 balanced control / 4-4-2 balanced defensive / 3-4-3 very fluid attacking). I would like to have recomendations about how could i improve these tactic to use better poacher ability. So far looks like TM is the man of attack and my poacher just runs there without ball and any effect. What do you guys think my tactics?

4-4-2 balanced control

442control.JPG442control_TI.JPG

Player Instructions:

DCR/L - Close down more

DR/L - Cross from byline

MR/L - Get further forward, more direct passes, cross aim target man

STCR/L - More direct passes

4-4-2 balanced defensive

442defend.JPG442defend_TI.JPG

Player Instructions:

STCR/L - Move into channels

3-4-3 very fluid attacking

343attack.JPG343attack_TI.JPG

Player Instructions:

MCR/L - More direct passes

MR/L - Get further forward, more direct passes, cross aim target man

STC - Hold position

STR/L - Move into channels

All three have the same issues:

Not enough movement between the lines.

No responsibly positioned central midfielder.

Isolated forwards.

I suggest reading the stickied Twelve Step Guide and Pairs and Combinations threads. These will elaborate on my three initial observations above.

• 2 weeks later...

So no one knows what's wrong with these tactics? Makes sense but it doesn't matter anymore as i got sacked before first xmas like every carreer in fm i have started.So far what i have noticed 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 tactics doesn't work in fm14 like it worked on older fm's. Anyone else finding this fm14 impossible difficult?

So no one knows what's wrong with these tactics? Makes sense but it doesn't matter anymore as i got sacked before first xmas like every carreer in fm i have started.So far what i have noticed 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 tactics doesn't work in fm14 like it worked on older fm's. Anyone else finding this fm14 impossible difficult?

Well you got all the answers in the post above.

FM14 is definitely harder than FM12 (I didn't play FM13 so can't comment on that).

I'm no tactical genius (as I have discovered), but one thing I have found is that player role selection is crucial, and that stands out to me in the 3-4-3 tactic is that you have two poachers, and this seems counter-productive to me.

I also notice that you've chosen a high tempo game, and I don't think this works so well with lesser skilled players, such as those you will have at your disposal in the lower divisions.

wwfan has given a good outline for a basic crossing 442 before in this forum, and I've had some success with it at lower levels. Try this:

GK/D

FB/S

LD/D

LD/D

FB/S

CM/D

CM/S

W/A

W/A

TM/S

AF/A or Poacher

Fluid, Attacking, More Direct Passing, Clear Ball to Flanks, Hit Early Crosses, Play Wider, Push Higher Up.

Get Stuck In could also be used depending on how your team tackles.

You can lower the mentality or use more cautious shouts to protect a lead. Personally though, my philosophy is that the best way to protect a lead is to make it bigger, so I don't shut up shop unless I'm allowing too many chances.

Some reasons for the differences between this and your current setup:

Limited Defenders: This style of play doesn't really support building slowly from the back, so it's best to just have your defenders get the ball out of danger.

CM/D and CM/S: With only two central midfielders, I think you want them to be more generalist rather than focusing on specific tasks. A BWM is somewhat redundant when you're pressing aggressively, and you don't want your players seeking to get the ball to a playmaker in a tactic that's focused on wide play.

TM/S: You need someone to link play between midfield and attack. The TM/S will still get into the box to get on the end of crosses and can still score loads of goals if he's good enough.

Not using Exploit the Flanks: Your wide play will be aggressive enough without this. Exploit the Flanks may get the fullbacks too far forward and leave too much space behind them.

Archived