Job Security Broken?

I'm in my career with Reading FC, now going into the 2020/21 season, and i've noticed my Job Security is awfully low for no apparent reason...

I've taken Reading from the Championship to a consistently top four Premier League team, won the Europa League and Capital One Cup, and am going for the league this season. I have also recently signed a new long term (4 year) contract at the highest wage i've been paid on this career so far (32k).

So with that in mind, why is my job security at 17%?!

"Since it would not cost much money to terminate the manager's contract early, he lacks security on this front"

That's quite frankly not true, terminating my new 4 year deal would cost them a load of money! Plus considering i've just signed a deal of that length should my security be really high? Surely they wouldnt have offered me a new 4 year deal to sack me in 6 months if things went a little downhill?

Bit of an essay, but has anyone else had similar experiences?

Would it hurt them a lot to fire you and still pay your wage? Probably not. Another real life example is Hamburg, they are basically broke, but look at how many managers they fired and hired in the last couple of years.

I'm in my career with Reading FC, now going into the 2020/21 season, and i've noticed my Job Security is awfully low for no apparent reason...

I've taken Reading from the Championship to a consistently top four Premier League team, won the Europa League and Capital One Cup, and am going for the league this season. I have also recently signed a new long term (4 year) contract at the highest wage i've been paid on this career so far (32k).

So with that in mind, why is my job security at 17%?!

"Since it would not cost much money to terminate the manager's contract early, he lacks security on this front"

That's quite frankly not true, terminating my new 4 year deal would cost them a load of money! Plus considering i've just signed a deal of that length should my security be really high? Surely they wouldnt have offered me a new 4 year deal to sack me in 6 months if things went a little downhill?

Bit of an essay, but has anyone else had similar experiences?

I have this all the time in my game. I've been at obscure clubs and big clubs. It has always said exactly the same. Don't really understand the point with it.

I've gotten the opposite message right after I signed a new contract. Granted, my club (Luton) is scraped for cash, so that could be the reason I assume. But I agree with what's being mentioned above here, it's all relative to the financial situation of the club.

In your particular example, with a 4 year contract at £32k a week, that's £6,7 mil over 4 years. For a consistent top-4 club playing in Europe that's probably an expense they can handle if they feel like they have to.

Ignore it. Honestly. The only thing you need to worry about is what the board say. I am currently Untouchable and that is all that matters to me. The job security bar is basically an indication that the board would not hesitate to sack you as they can afford too.

Yes ending your contract right now would cost the club £6.5m, a large amount but for a club that gets £43m in PL TV money and then a load each season from CL then £6m is a drop in the ocean.

I have been at Cambridge for 40 years, taken from the Skrill Premier to the PL. Last season we won the PL, Europa League and FA Cup treble and i've just extended my contract for anther 4 years yet i am only at 23%. But every month the board tell me i'm untouchable.

Archived