The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maverick:

Is he on the bench, or did he stub his toe getting out of the bath? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bench dear boy.

BENCH:

Saha

Kusczack

Evra

Brown

O'Shea

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If its 4-4-2 with Ole as well then great, if ole is on the right in 4-5- like Reading then Fergie can **** off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'd be strange to go 4-5-1, being at home and given Rooney's indifferent form, stranding him up on his own would be odd to say the least. Then again with us you never know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

FFS, why is Richardson not even in the squad? Apart from not being very good obviously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'Shea and Richardson not starting, we have to do well surely?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

FFS, why is Richardson not even in the squad? Apart from not being very good obviously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's a new one

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

they are. i think. aren't they? icon_frown.gif

i thought you'd got rid of it anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah they're not.

i did get rid, but they rung me offering three months free and all sorts of other goodies so i relented... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

heinze suspected hamstring injury icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heinze really looked gutted when he went down injured icon_frown.gif

It was so obvious he was ****ed off he will be sidelined again.

Oh and 2nd goal was Vidic quite honestly, Ole just got hit by the ball icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

anyone bother with fc yesterday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

take that as a no?

if anyone fancies it - fc play away against salford city at the willows on tuesday night. ko is half seven. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

take that as a no?

if anyone fancies it - fc play away against salford city at the willows on tuesday night. ko is half seven. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wentand I'm sure Nick, Mart etc went.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

take that as a no?

if anyone fancies it - fc play away against salford city at the willows on tuesday night. ko is half seven. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wentand I'm sure Nick, Mart etc went. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too busy in bed playing with themselves.

Didn't go to FC, no. Couldn't afford it, probably can't afford Tuesday either, tempting as it is. Damn that Sheehan taking all my cash.

MOM Ronnie, 2nd Ole today for me btw, 2nd place a bit sentimental but what the hell. Some amongst us wanted him pensioned off in the summer as he had nothing left to offer us...

(if there was a smug smiley, i'd use one here)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wentand I'm sure Nick, Mart etc went. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not the best game really was it? still... good result to keep the league games going before the big game against salford and the vase game on saturday.

ohhhhhh fc united, hic.

First, sorry about missing the wall lads, was making great time and then hit a block of traffic coming off the motorway didn't get anywhere near OT till well after 2pm. icon_frown.gif Next time I promise.

Anyway good result, comfortable performance as Newcastle didn't really threaten and VDS only had to make one save of note. Early on in the first half we were a bit sloppy in possession a few times but we controlled it from first to last really.

Not seen the goals on the TV yet and since I was down by the tunnel (very first row \o/) can't accurately comment on Ole's first and was at a bit of an odd angle for his second and it was a bit of surprise when it went in really.

Can't complain about anyone's performance today really.

VDS was solid and like I said earlier made one important save. GNev was his usual self and got forward a fair bit. Rio did okay but since they clearly planned to focus on Viddy this avo he was more involved and comes out with more credit (first time I've seen him live so icon14.gif) since they didn't get any change out of him. So gutted for Gabby when he went down - really hope its not prolonged. Evra did okay again, especially going forward, but looked a bit haphazard again when sliding in a couple of times in the 2nd.

Carrick didn't really impose himself but kept the ball moving for the most part, tried to get beyond the forwards a couple of times, and threaded one sublime through-ball to Ronny in the second. Apart from that he and Scholesy were just efficient and did well making sure we kept hold of the ball the majority of the time. I just wish both of them had their shooting boots on since they had a few chances between them to hit shots from about 18-20 yrds.

The wings were where it was at for us today. Fletch was ace again, and other than 1 or 2 of his crosses not beating the first man was excellent in possession, breaking up play, and was unlucky not to score when he hit the post in the 1st. Ronaldo was a threat all afternoon with his pace, destroyed Carr from the get go. Pity his shooting and crossing weren't really there today otherwise it could have been a lot more considering the amount of times he was set free.

Rooney and Solskjaer (pleased he got 90 as well as the goals) ran their socks off up front so icon14.gif to them as well. Rooney still looked slightly off but I'm sure he'll score within 2 games. Not at all worried. Couple of good surging runs in the game as well.

MOM: Cristiano Ronaldo - despite his prolifigacy our biggest threat all game.

2nd: Darren Fletcher - another strong performance.

Viddy and Ole get honourable mentions. I think we'd have romped it if Saha had been fit enough to start though.

Nice to see Nicky Butt get a great reception from the crowd as well. Should mention that the Stretty did well picking the atmosphere up from the quiet spells during the game I thought, so kudos.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Nick basically saying Mark g doesn't know his arse from his elbow back at Martin's after the game *ducks* icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not strictly true icon_biggrin.gif

Purely saying I felt vindicated in my assertion that keeping Ole around would do absolutely no harm and more than likely a lot of good icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

ON five live, Alan Green was slating some of the fans for "watching the newcastle fans, more then the match". Something like that anyway, said they were basically absuing the toon all game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're the only fans that do it iirc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Nick basically saying Mark g doesn't know his arse from his elbow back at Martin's after the game *ducks* icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not strictly true icon_biggrin.gif

Purely saying I felt vindicated in my assertion that keeping Ole around would do absolutely no harm and more than likely a lot of good icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what so it WAS mark who wanted Ole out? icon_biggrin.gif

dear oh dear

Ole's movement impresses me so much every game. Really hope our other forwards are taking note - he may not be the quickest now but the runs he makes are so well-timed and well-judged. What a man icon_cool.gif

Btw, is it me or does Fletch really seem to be learning how to play right midfield? Obviously he's still not an ideal or long-term option there, but whereas last season and before the sight of him out there would fill everyone with dread, he's really come on massively this season and almost seems at home there. Seems to link up with Nev really well. Still can't wait to get Giggsy back and have two proper wingers but wp Dazzle icon_cool.gif

Archived