FMC Stadium Superpack for FM14

Mons

I think that this pack has been somewhat forgotten about recently and so I've decided to try and pump some life back into it.

With permission from geordie1981, who started this pack originally, I'm uploading in one file the complete collection of stadium images so far, also including a large number of images which I've collected, created and added myself. since the last previous official update for this file was 30 November 2012. kizar and Deano1903 also produced some images which are included in this pack.

In addition to the leagues listed in the spoiler at the bottom of this post, I have added stadium images from over 50 countries and over 100 divisions to bring the total image count to 2,759.

Given the interest surrounding this file in the past, I hope that the FM graphics community can help out in order that this file can be as comprehensive as possible.

The folder needs to be placed in Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2014 > graphics.

Download from gamefront or mediafire.

I am also happy to announce a bumper update pack of around 2,500 stadium mini-images which take the total to 4,624. Download it from here.

Screenshots:

HamrunSstadiumpic.png~original - Liverpoolstadiumpic.png~original

EstudiantesLPstadiumpic.png~original - Messinastadiumpic.png~original

Partizanistadiumpic.png~original - Palmeirasstadiumpic.png~original

RBLeipzigstadiumpic.png~original - RealMadridstadiumpic.png~original

Interstadiumpic.png~original - Salernitanastadiumpic.png~original

Watfordstadiumpic.png~original

Creating new images for this pack is really rather easy, so I've included some step-by-step instructions on how to do so, for those who are interested.

a) Find a source image for the stadium which you want to be included in this pack. Each club's soccerway page generally contains a decent-sized and decent-quality image of their stadium, or you can use Google Images if you don't like the image given on soccerway or if no image is provided.

b) Open the FM editor and find the stadium's UID. Rename the source image to the stadium UID.

c) Resize/crop the image to 400 x 240 pixels.

d) Use this Photoshop action to execute step ©, convert the image into PNG format and to create a black, 1-pixel frame on the image.

e) As far as I know, there is no tool which allows you to automatically create a config file for these stadium images. The way I do it is to "cheat" a bit. I use fmXML to create a config for player faces and then open the resulting config file with Notepad and replace all instances of /person and /portrait with /stadium ;)

If you don't have Photoshop or can't work out what to do, I would be willing to do steps (d) and (e) myself if you follow steps (a) to © and send me the image(s) via PM :)

I will, however, NOT entertain requests which do not include a source image resized and renamed as indicated above.

Absolutely, I don't play FMC and the above screenshots were taken in my FM Classic game.

You either need to tweak your panels, like ArtDekDok's, or use one of the many skins which display these images, such as Steklo and many others...

A mediafire download link for the original pack has been added to the OP :thup:

I am also happy to announce a bumper update pack of around 2,500 stadium mini-images which take the total to 4,624. Download it from here.

• 1 month later...
no i was starting a new game from fresh. that's weird i wonder what's gone wrong there then i have the two update packs installed aswell

There's only been one update pack released :S

Elland Road' stadium UID is 671. Can you check if it's in the stadium images folder? How many images do you have in all?

I have no idea what you mean by "the numbers in the pack are a bit strange".

Have you downloaded any other similar packs and perhaps used their config file?

Either way, to make sure that you all the images in your folder display in the game, then follow step (e) in this post.

Make sure that the use skin cache box in your preferences is unticked so that any changes you've made are taken into account by the game :thup:

Although I'm still collecting images here and there, and with a lot of help from other users, I've no plans at present to release a mini-update pack just for the sake of adding a hundred-odd images tbh...

• 1 month later...

Does `stadium `s UID` means `Unique ID`?? E.g. Arsenal Emirates Stadium is 5114336.

As the big photo in the background can be different with the small `facility` stadium photo, I wonder if this `Unique ID` is for the one in the background or the small one?...:confused:

Thank you.:)

Does `stadium `s UID` means `Unique ID`?? E.g. Arsenal Emirates Stadium is 5114336.

As the big photo in the background can be different with the small `facility` stadium photo, I wonder if this `Unique ID` is for the one in the background or the small one?...:confused:

Thank you.:)

UID means Unique ID, yes. Each database entry in the FM database has a different UID, whether it's a stadium, player, nation, club etc.

As for your second question, I'm afraid I haven't understood what you're trying to say. Sorry.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived