I Fear This May Come True!

^ Seriously though people try to be serious and the mods are giving SI a bad name by mocking me and others who have valid concerns. Space Alien ********. Seriously. I mean I don't get this kind of treatment on the FIFA boards or any other game that I play. Well maybe one but its a mod so I don't consider it a real company. Just disgraceful.

I wasn't mocking you. The first sentence was a considered answer. The second was in reference to my earlier post. Which was a reply to Glyn.

Well whatever. Like Miles said to me. "If I don't like the changes, I don't have to get the game." Simple as that. I will play the demo as well as other demos and see what suits me. Won't buy anything until I hear what people think of all sim games this year. I won't post any longer on this cause it is falling on deaf ears. That answer wasn't really an answer. You answered my question with a question.

Well whatever. Like Miles said to me. "If I don't like the changes, I don't have to get the game." Simple as that. I will play the demo as well as other demos and see what suits me. Won't buy anything until I hear what people think of all sim games this year. I won't post any longer on this cause it is falling on deaf ears. That answer wasn't really an answer. You answered my question with a question.

u'll be missed

:)

Anyway, I can categorically say that FML has absolutely no bearing either development-wise, or schedule-wise on FM 2009.

the FML beta has actually had the effect of really pushing the FM match engine (which both games share) forward. When you get 10,000 human vs human matches played every day, and 100s of beta testers giving their views on it, you get a fair idea of where you are at and what can be improved and we reacted accordingly. The result of this provides the basis for the FM09 match engine.

Which is it? Either FML has no bearing or it has some bearing. To be honest for you to claim that FML in no way affects FM is a bit disingenuous even if, in your opinion, it only has a positive effect.

In any case, the OP was highlighting a general link between FM and FML. To some extent I would think a lot less of SI and SEGA if development and marketing budgets of both titles were kept entirely separate. It would be lunacy. Any company releasing two titles with potentially the same customer base must be very careful about how the titles are marketed, even if you're only devising strategies for sales canabilisation and cross selling opportunities.

As I have no idea what is coming, I too can only speculate. However, I chose to be optimistic rather than pessimistic. Only difference.

Why would SI release limited information? If they answer Fred's question they have to answer Bill's.

If Fred says "Are you sorting newgens for 09" and SI reply "Yes, the newgen stats will now be geared toward their positions, and their physical/mental stats will improve depending on the training facilities and players around them", and then Bill comes on and says, "Hey, how's press interraction gonna work?" and SI say, "Sorry, it's totally revolutionary... can't say until 6pm on 3rd Sept," then if Bill is one of the many spoiled brats who occupy these forums his next post will be a rant about how "it isn't fair", "waahh, wah"; "I want, therefore I am entitled", etc.

The other thing to consider is: what is "fixed"? Personally, I liked both 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 match engines. The shots-to-goal thing wasn't ever a problem for me, so I didn't think it needed fixing. Others disagreed (a lot of others) and I now play on 8.0.2 without pining for 8.0.1 at all. I don't see an issue with newgens because I don't play 50-year games. There were plenty of quality newgens up to the 20-year mark I managed on 08. My point on this is that some people will NEVER be happy. If SI say "FM09's newgen system will be brilliant", someone will always come on and say "Ha! You lied, you mercenery scumbags."

You have to draw the line somewhere, and I think SI have done the right thing.

Be patient, people. It's only a game.

How does this apply to SI. Well for months now we have been left in the dark. With no answers on what is being fixed or looked at. I don't feel like SI care about me or this community because of there lack of interaction

Well, I was lucky enough to go and test FM07 two years ago. I can tell you that by July the new game is so far removed from the previous year's iteration that any developer-fan conversation would be rendered futile. The fan would know of the 08 version and its foibles, whereas the developer would be fully immersed in the 09 version. You can't really generate a coherent discussion in such a case. Granted, it would be nice if SI had a PR guy blogging away about addressing known issues and whatnot, but not at all necessary.

I am far more pleased to hear of the way FML is acting like a giant ME testing ground. I'd much rather my developers came up with innovative ways to improve than them blogging away like insecure little girls who think they might lose their friends if they don't text them everyday.

this form should be closed?

cm is abosultly rubbish, its slow and crap and you cant even manager BSS or BSN

The match engine in cm is rubbish!!

fm is amazing, i have played over 550 hours of fm 2008 alone according to xfire, it is in no way boring and championship manager will never get close to football manager ever ever ever

altough i must say i dont like fm live

but i love fm 2008!!

I read somewhere official that CM was taking a different approach to the game this year, and interpreted it as meaning that they were giving up on the hardcore sim market and focusing on the lighter Fifa Manager end of the market.

That sounds pretty revolutionary to me! :p

• 2 months later...
this form should be closed?

cm is abosultly rubbish, its slow and crap and you cant even manager BSS or BSN

Well, now that's not true. I've managed both Weymouth and Blyth Spartans for a season each.

The match engine in cm is rubbish!!

And that there's why I quit doing it. The match engine is horrific. The main difference between FM and CM, in my eyes, is that with CM you can exploit the match engine with funky lineups and tactics that don't have a lot of similarity to real life football. In FM I find that you have to try to make it look like real football to have it work (thank you wwfan and millie!) The tactics I dl'd when exploring CM08, those that were most popular and recommended, were just goofy.

The two are worlds apart, and FM 2009 has certainly stepped it up this year. To my view, anyway, the gameplay is as realistic as it's ever been. Very happy with this iteration. Dollars to donuts CM can't even begin to approach the quality and realism.

Archived