[FM14] - Don't Mess with the Zoran

Cardiovascular

Good afternoon all, welcome to this journeyman effort at a career thread! This is by far the biggest career I've ever embarked on in Football Manager, with 102 leagues loaded across a ridiculous amount of countries, including every European league possible. I imagine I will be adventuring into pastures new with some countries being loaded that I've never managed in before. Oh, what exciting times! But before we go any further, let's meet our hero, shall we? Introducing Croatian (with a hint of Serbian) former Amateur footballer Zoran Dragovic;

Profile | Information

Leagues Loaded (Prepare yourself)

(All leagues loaded to lowest playable division)

Africa

South Africa

Asia

China

South Korea

North America

USA

Europe

Austria

Belarus

Belgium

Bulgaria

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark

England

Finland

France

Germany

Greece

Hungary

Iceland

Ireland

Israel

Italy

Holland

Northern Ireland

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Romania

Russia

Scotland

Serbia

Slovakia

Slovenia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

Turkey

Ukraine

Oceania

Australia

South America

Argentina

Brazil

Colombia

Peru

...and here's hoping my laptop copes! :D

There are no real careers and aims other than being a successful manager and having fun, so arguably it can go only go up from here. Maybe we could try and win the cup with our home country, Croatia. Here's hoping Zoran provides entertaining football (& career thread) for one and all!

Career History

|Year | Club | League | Achievements |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|2013/14 | Larne | Belfast Telegraph Championship 1 |[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/387715-FM14-Don-t-Mess-with-the-Zoran?p=9529572&viewfull=1#post9529572] Intermediate Cup winners[/url],[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/387715-FM14-Don-t-Mess-with-the-Zoran?p=9530747&viewfull=1#post9530747] Belfast TC1 champions[/url] |

y7HNRyh.png

First job interview was from Vidar, and what a nice little job that would be. 5th in the lowest tier of Norwegian football and expected to finish top half comfortably.

ajoGoaf.png

A Portuguese side were the next club to offer me an interview, but I can guarantee no offer will come from this since we fell out over a parent club. First impressions, who needs 'em?

JXMuvqc.png

Amateur Northern Irish side offered me an interview, wouldn't be my first choice but beggars can't be choosers, can they?

larne.jpg

Larne Football Club

Belfast Telegraph Championship 1 - 2013/14

History

eHoqNTA.png

A trophy cabinet waiting to be filled. Whether that's by me or no is a whole new level... :D With no trophy wins since 1970, it's just waiting for one of the many Northern Irish cups and leagues to come our way.

Finances

JkEwm70.png

No money, no transfer budget, and very little of a wage budget. (£300 to be exact.) I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with this, since I seem to be unable to sign players on non-contracts...

Squad

zPg7GS2.png

There is depth defensively, but the midfield and up top definitely needs beefing up, especially with some ind of quality. Again, this could prove to be difficult. I may just have bitten off more than I can chew with this job.

Key Players

Darren McNamee | Eamonn Hughes | Robbie White

Thanks gents. Could be a struggle soon, because EVERYONE's contracts expiring and there's only so far a £300 wage budget will stretch... :D The dream could literally be impossible if the board don't up their game next year, since everyone wants money. Turns out we're just a skint semi-professional club rather than the amateurs I thought. :(

No youth team and a handful of very, very average reserve players. They've all been added to the first team to see us through these cups. My word there's alot. :D The simple fact is that virtually all of my team can be poached at any time, and there's nothing I can do about it. It could be a long year.

larne.jpg

Larne Football Club - Belfast CT1 - Pre-season

Board Expectations

Belfast Telegraph Championship 1: Midtable finish

Northern Irish Cup: Fifth round

Northern Irish County Antrim Shield: Be competitive

Northern Irish Steel & Sons Cup: Not important

Northern Irish Intermediate Cup: Not important

Northern Irish League Cup: Second round

Some reasonable expectations here given the situation we find ourselves in, I'm just hopeful that Zoran can guide the club towards meeting these targets and not in the opposite direction.

Friendlies

PAHj9T5.png

Terrible pre-season in all truthfulness as we were soundly beaten in most games, except for the final against non league Wellington Recs. Stranraer and Villa U21's were always going to beat us, but we put up a good showing against Villa to only be beaten 2-0. The defeat against BCT2 side Portstewart was humilating, enough said. Things can only get better, right?

Transfers

Just the one transfer since, you know, we can't afford anything. In came 35 year old veteran striker Davy Larmour who brings a wealth of experience from playing in the top league in days gone by. Might be past his best slightly, but he's still good enough to be classed as our best striker which is pretty shocking to be quite truthful.

XFXGqgP.png

Thank you smp!

larne.jpg

Larne Football Club - 2013/14 - August

Belfast Telegraph C1

amuCKsn.png

Just the one fixture through the entire month of August in the league, and it was a great victory. We lost an early goal which worried me when I thought I'd bitten off more than I could chew, but an equaliser from McAllister and two late goals ensured three points from our opener. Which means...

TCWuZZB.png

Top of the league!!! \o/ [/famouslastwords]

Northern Irish League Cup

013EEAH.png

Aaaand pretty simple stuff in the league cup as we surpass board expectations in reaching the fourth round. A second string side (due to fitness levels) dispatched of C2 side Glebe, and then another less than full strength team saw off our fellow C1 side Donegal Celtic. A trip to Newington or Cliftonville awaits.

Co. Antrim Shield

cZGNCbF.png

A pleasant surprise this, as we beat Danske Premiership team Ards rather simply to progress into the second round, where we face Bangor.

Steel & Sons Cup

c26fs4C.png

Easy victory, never seemed to be in doubt from minute one. Wakehurst await!

What a beginning to life at Larne!

We can hope Nobby!

larne.jpg

Larne Football Club - Belfast T1 - September

League

8ydDdxo.png

In a month where we were bleeding goals, I'm half pleased and half annoyed at taking 5 points from 12. The game again Loughgall was straightforward enough, but the two goals conceded were from poor defending - it's either something to work on, or the state of the players. Yet to be determined. Against Carrick, we were outplayed by the better team, we probably should've beat Bangor on paper but on the day we just weren't up to it and lucky to come away with the point. In the final game of the month, we were once again lucky to scrape and a point with a late equaliser from Gary Workman saving the day. Back down to Earth with a bang this month. Still kicking about the top half, but if this form continues, it won't be much longer 'til we're sinking like a stone.

dVPstRe.png

Top scorers and joint-top conceders. The score one more than you approach is always the best.

Co. Antrim Shield

o1t19Zl.png

With a place in the semi's at stake and a outside chance at a trophy, we failed to overcome Bangor which seems to be the theme of the month right now.

Steel & Sons Cup

PoLmzU3.png

And we're out again, this time HUMBLED by T2 side Wakehurst. Extremely disappointed with this, we were just garbage to be honest. Hopefully the coming months will show signs of improvement for Zoran's heroes.

larne.jpg

Larne FC - Belfast T1 - October

League

lFFdf94.png

An unbeaten month is a good month by all standards. I don't think we deserved to win any of the games we drew, and I think we deserved to thrash Coagh United by more than three. Against Distillery, Gary Workman gave us an early lead but we were pegged back just after half-time in a very even game. We absolutely dominated Coagh United from start to finish, a good couple of goals from Larmour and one from McNally seeing us through before we finished the one with a one-all draw with Donegal Celtic, thanks to Brian McLean. A good month.

VCkSfKa.png

League Cup

BmmWdyJ.png

Such a huge victory for Zoran and Larne, delighted to conquer Cliftonville. In front of a crowd of 485, we sent Cliftonville out of the cup on their own turf. Totally undeserved mind, but brilliant nonetheless.

larne.jpg

Larne FC - Belfast T1 - November

League

SCyns5w.png

Almost a replica of last month, except with a 4-0 win rather than a three-nil. Both Limavady and Dergview are teams sitting pretty at the top with us, so draws were reasonable points to take from both of them. A McNally hat-trick and a 20 second strike from Workman, a league record, gave us a comfortable victory over H&W Welders. This managing marlarky is easy.

63svvdx.png

Only a couple of points off 2nd place, but it looks like Carrick are running away with it at the top.

League Cup

fknSuu8.png

Lost on penalties, a bit gutted to be honest as we were the better side against the Premier League strugglers, despite going behind twice. A 90th minute equaliser had given us hope, but a lack of decent penalty takers shot us in the foot in the end.

Intermediate Cup

JUN6omZ.png

We were 1-0 down with 15 minutes to go against the C2 side, but we mounted a late comeback to progress to the 3rd round. We will face the Police Service of Northern Ireland in the next round.

You'd think we'd do well in at least one then!

larne.jpg

Larne FC - Belfast T1 - December

League

He6bPLX.png

Only two fixtures this month thanks to a postponed match in between, caused by a flooded pitch at Institute's ground. Up and down emotions in both, as we mounted a better-late-than-never comeback against struggling Ballyclare to win 3-1, a scoreline which suggests the game was more comfortable than it actually was. We followed that up with a resounding loss to Knockbreda in a game where we were outplayed everywhere. Not good to watch.

gxRzB6n.png

It's okay viewing, but we're falling away from the top two. Must pick up form soon.

Irish Cup

gGcRs0C.png

Progression here, an early Paul Maguire had strike had seen us leading 1-0 going into the final ten. Squeaky bum time almost, but two own goals secured our place in the next round, where we will face Queen's University.

Intermediate Cup

ZGMr3Bw.png

Just about made it into the fourth round over PSNI, and a tie against Limavady Utd awaits us.

In Other News...

Rejected contract talks because the wage budget isn't even being considered for a major upgrade, so this could be a one season fling with Larne after all...

Meanwhile, Messi won the Golden Ball with Mata (really?) and Ronaldo in second and third respectively. Amazingly, Mata himself would win World Player of the Year with Messi and Ronaldo behind him, with Erik Lamela being named Golden Boy.

larne.jpg

Larne FC - Belfast T1 - January

League

bM7oq68.png

A superb month, unbeaten throughout! A disappointing draw with Loughgall, saved by only a late equaliser from Scott McNally. We followed that up with an easy enough victory over Institute and Bangor, scoring a big six goals with no replies. A stalemate with Carrick followed that and we came away with a good point against the league leaders who are running away with it at the top. The match against Dundela was a real up and down performance - 5-0 at half time and we looked like we'd be hitting double figures come full time. But our second half performance was poor and we conceded 2 disappointingly.

34PK8JS.png

League table certainly makes for nice reading!

Irish Cup

swe4PTq.png

Snuck by Queen's University thanks to a own goal, only just. We face Loughgall in the next round, an winnable match for sure.

larne.jpg

Larne FC - Belfast T1 - February

League

baBVRR1.png

Absolutely superb month as far as things go with 9 points from 9, including a superb thrashing over bottom of the league Donegal Celtic. A shaky victory over Distillery, but 3 points are 3 points and we can't complain. Throughout this month, our usual keeper, Brendan Quinn, was out with a virus and stand in David Henry performed very admirably between the sticks. Really pleased that we didn't let the loss of Quinn falter our title charge.

aB6cT05.png

Carrick have slipped up big time throughout February and we now sit just three points behind them. Making BIG strides in the league.

Intermediate Cup

WaEcf1q.png

A couple of excellent victories over two teams in the same league as us, particularly Limavady United who are one of the teams chasing us. We face non-league Nortel in the semi-finals, and as it stands we are the largest team left in the competition. Ours to lose I'd say.

Northern Irish Cup

B97JmvD.png

Very disappointed for this to go to a replay as it added to an already busy February for us; nonetheless, we eventually got the job done and will square up against fellow title rivals Carrick at home in the quarter final.

Awards

5aI76JH.png

First manager of the month award! Always a pleasure.

Thanks delta!

larne.jpg

Larne FC - Belfast T1 - March

Transfers

Ryan Harvey - brought in an experienced head up top on loan due to injuries. Only on something ridiculous like £10 p.w, so affordable. Scored on his debut too!

League

w1CDaYn.png

Started off with a solid victory over H&W Welders, an easy enough victory although the scoreline suggested otherwise. Then disaster struck as we slipped up against Dergview and squander our 3 point gap between ourselves and Carrick. Very disappointing scoreline obviously. Ended the month with an excellent victory over Limavady Utd, 2 goals from Larmour and a debut goal from new signing Ryan Harvey sealed the win.

D0XMdyR.png

6 points behind Carrick, 2 games remaining. It doesn't look good at all for our title chances.

Northern Irish Cup

brVGdWO.png

And now we beat Carrick! Slim scoreline, Maguire scoring and sending us through to the semi-final, where we will face Linfield away from home.

Intermediate Cup

zO2b2IW.png

Davy Larmour with a double and we're in the final! Superb stuff, and we face Glentoran Seconds which means there is a REAL chance of a trophy here. Nervous stuff!

larne.jpg

Intermediate Cup Final

Larne vs. Glentoran Seconds

Road to the Final - Larne

Lxr5xM9.png

Road to the Final - Glentoran Seconds

wGNXAQb.png

Team News

Darren McNamee will miss out through injury, a big blow. We also lose Ryan Harvey because he is cuptied.

Line-ups

ERztUNz.png

Glentoran Reserves actually have a much stronger squad than I first anticipated, but we can definitely win this tie.

The Match

8mFjSTe.png

Victory! As you can see, we pretty much dominated Glentoran 2 and it was simple enough in the end. And Zoran has his first trophy!!!

Aftermath

LY3POfG.png

awriiQe.png

It's a shame the board ranked this as not important in preseason, but they've completely shunned my achievements by claiming they always expected to win it. :( Be jubilant, board!

If we win, it's always the right cup.

larne.jpg

Larne FC -Belfast T1 - End of Season

League

rpgD2M4.png

We did what we had to do, and that was win and hope Carrick bottled it in their last couple of games. On the 19th, they lost 2-0 away to Dergview meaning we were just three points behind. And as the final whistle blew and we had beaten Ballyclare, I checked the league table... and we were top!! Sheer joy last a few seconds before I realised Carrick weren't playing to Tuesday. We were top by goal difference and Carrick had a game in hand. They also faced 13th placed H&W Welders, so it didn't look good - the one saving grace is whilst Carrick were gunning for the league, the Welders were fighting for survival. And then...

UKeiqPK.png

The impossible happened!!! We were champions of the second tier of Northern Ireland!!! An unbelievable achievement in Zoran's debut season. Simply superb.

Bh8VI7i.png

1BUFrnY.png

YqQnoKO.png

And with that....

fD5WDcB.png

Well, that was easy to get there. :D

Northern Irish Cup

toIl0DB.png

An expected, but surprisingly narrow match. Also probably one of the dullest cup matches in history, 4 shots in total and only one on target. My word.

Northern Irish Intermediate Cup

Wb2tgQM.png

Well, we all know how this story goes...

Awards

dq5myrt.png

JfvnTGB.png

zOuHvuE.png

What a signing Davy Larmour turned out to be, didn't he? :cool:

The Future

Despite all the glory of this season, despite the success, despite the women... Zoran will depart from Larne with his head held high. The board continue to refuse to up the wage budget, and with every single player out of contract and no money to improve, the dream is over sadly. Onwards and upwards!

nybergsund%20il.gif

Nybergsund - Norwegian Second Division Group 2 - The Beginning

HE6agdI.png

Previous Honours

MMWJscz.png

So they've made it to the second tier before, hopefully I can guide them towards it once more! The potential is there for sure.

Squad

hAnlon5.png

Key Player - Diego Ayala

A reasonable squad, needs some improvement with the help from scouts. One goalkeeper is a bit of an issue here, but we'll power on I hope. Maybe not if he has an injury though.

Finances

qMLf02P.png

Reasonable just now, but the project balance is pretty shocking. I'm hoping it looks better towards the end of the season.

I have no idea. There doesn't seem to be much explanation around either. :(

nybergsund%20il.gif

Nybergsund - Norwegian Second Division - August

Transfers In

Markus Henriksen - The 25 year old central midfielder brings some much needed depth to the squad, and looks pretty good both mentally and physically for this level. Will make a nice rotation option.

Aleksander Melgalvis - Another option in midfield, looks pretty good and has age on his side. Suddenly, the squad looks like it won't **** itself in an injury crisis.

Vebjorn Skeide - Needed another 'keeper to compete with the sole one we have at the moment who is currently injured. Will probably be first choice over our token Irishman Gary Hogan too.

Stian Nikodemussen - Getting on a bit, but it's still nice to add experience to what will be a young squad when I bulk it out with our younger players. Has had very limited experience playing at a higher level though. Did manage to grab 2 goals and 3 assists on his debut though. :cool:

League

STNrZH3.png

Well, my first game in charge was an absolute shocker! But we powered past the 5-0 humilation to go on and score 13 goals in our next three, with 7 of them scored by Ezekiel Bala. The man has hit goalscoring form at a fine time, and even breaking records. I'm delighted with our start in the league, with the thrashing put to one side obviously!

ITLoZdl.png

Only 8 points behind... It could happen.

Agreed delta, was really pleasing to see that.

nybergsund%20il.gif

Nybergsund IL - Norwegian Second Division - September

League

i0ZJLxQ.png

A decent enough month, but it could've been so much better if we'd overcame our draws with an extra goal. The loss against Kongsvinger was expected since they are a top team in this division, and we've already been destroyed by Alta. With all that said, a trip to top of the league Raufoss, I didn't expect much. So to come away with a point thanks to our Ugandan central midfielder was a nice surprise. We dominated Sundall after that and should've won by much more than one goal, but three points are three points and I'm not complaining. We ended the month with a goalless stalemate with Skeid who sit only a couple of points ahead of us in the table. A missed opportunity, I'd say.

uKAbGNE.png

Still going strong, but probably not gunning for promotion this year.

Youth Intake

I missed screening the squad, was sure I did. Well past it now, but I do have a screenshot of our best player:

Lars Erik Storm Myrmael

Decent enough player, will make a nice rotation player one day.

nybergsund%20il.gif

Nybergsund IL - Norwegian Second Division - End of Season

League

e7enjn0.png

A solid end to the season. We started off the month with a win over struggling Lillehammer, and two goals from Bala as he continued his electric start under Zoran. A late second goal from Nikodemussen saw off fellow mid-tablers Valdres 3-2 in what was an admittedly close game. A bit too close for comfort if I'm honest. We rounded off the month with two 1-1 draws against Fram Larvik and Forde respectively. It was a bit of a deflated finish to a brilliant season from when I took over, but I can't really complain at a 6th place finish.

Xn9YZKC.png

I guess if you're a glass half-full guy, we did finish top half considering 7th place is bang in the middle of the table. But we're definitely not half-full glass types here, so midtable it is.

Squad

nYO30rj.png

ogO19QK.png

Overall, the potential is there. There are some problems - a huge one is that our two left backs are the most unfit players in Norway apparently, as they need to rotate each game as they're not fully fit. I have some targets in mind, and some transfers already arranged, so I'm hoping to push for a top half finish next year, and perhaps even dream of the title?

Awards

PikvBiy.png

Bala :cool: He scored 16 goals to claim runnerup, eleven of which were in the twelve games I was in charge! An outstanding record.

Archived