Screamers from outside the box (or lack of..)..

Hi guys,

Do you see long shots going in in your games? I've barely seen a screamer from outside the box from one of my players. I play with Chelsea, and players like Lampard and Hazard often takes long shots but it always results in a poor and weak finish directly at the GK or miles way off target.

Anyone else experiencing this? I still haven't started a new game after 14.2.0 (only continued my current game), but I guess that won't affect the ME in terms of long shots.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys:)

Mathial

while not a screamer its certainly from outside the box.

heh. In 14.2 your video is about the *ONLY* way I score from headers. The AI defense always wins the first header and I never seem to score directly from a header anymore. It's always the AI winning it, knocking out to the box and hopefully my player hits the screamer just outside the box.

This was a huge problem in FM 2013. Now its so rare it just feels random, rather than dependent on player skill. You almost never see a notorious long shot taker make these goals, instead they result from a defensive breakdown, often hammered in by a player who has no business scoring from outside the box. It's depressing really because it means there's no way to leverage great long shot players, and that whole part of their skillset is pointless. And in fact great long shot takers who are prolific in real life and thus have 'shoot from distance often' PPM are even worse (like Ronaldo).

I've not seen many, with most being freekicks. During play the ones I recall have been from one player (Ruben Perez) and usually from a corner being defended (latch onto the headed clearance) or a wide man cutting the ball back into his path. Since I've sold him I don't see the same kind of shots.

Mainly the shots go high and wide, is blocked by a defender or the keeper simply catches it. In reality a keeper would likely just tip the shot over the bar instead of trying to catch it. I think it could do with a slight tweak due to what Erith said in his post.

Guest El Payaso

Older Football Managers 07-10 used to have much better balance in terms of how goals were scored. It's now just too easy to walk inside the penalty area and score from clear cut chances as the match engine is lacking badly in even basic defending... Really miss those times when players like Lampard were lethal if allowed space to take a free shot from range.

sadly in my view the lack of screams is something that hinders the gameplay slightly, 1 on 1's also need be improved in next update as some best players in the world should be scoring those.I also noticed that with this new update that I am having a previous issue with many shots but lack of goals

Guest El Payaso
sadly in my view the lack of screams is something that hinders the gameplay slightly, 1 on 1's also need be improved in next update as some best players in the world should be scoring those.I also noticed that with this new update that I am having a previous issue with many shots but lack of goals
IMO bigger problem is that we're constantly getting one on ones with strikers on attacking duty. They're actually not so common in real life... I think that there are many games where there are none one on ones...

Also AI managers should react better by changing their tactics during the games instead of just allowing our strikers getting through on goal all game long.

i'm not sure whats the stat in the game, but checking the stats in real, the long shot conversion is around 8 per cent.
You will also need to remember that there are lots more free chances to take a shot from range in FM's match engine than there is in real football. In game players have much more time and space.

If you watch for example Premierleague highlights there are long shot goals scored in almost every game, there are also games where all of the goals are scored from range as there's no room in the penalty area as both teams are defending well.

Southampton scored three screamers against Burnley in FA Cup as they were allowed space at the edge of the area...

Guest El Payaso
of course there are games that all long shots get in. i'm just saying that on average, in real life, it is 8 out of 100. on average.
Yeah but like I said; the players in real football aren't getting so much time and space to take those shots as they are in FM's match engine. That FA Cup game is a good example how lethal long shots are if you allow good players too much time and space to take them.

Archived