International sacking??

I started my save as both an international coach and a regular coach. Sadly I was sacked the first year internationally. I applied for another international job the next year and its saying that I would lose my regular job if I take it...Why is that?

I have never seen that happen before - interesting. I've never had problems doing both at the same time, but it's probably a nice feature if some clubs don't like that.

Maybe it's just my imagination but I feel that whenever I've taken an international job alongside my club side, my club side's form always suffers. I now don't take any international jobs as a result!

I find it alright managing both at once but I agree with David that it's really unrealistic and I am glad if there are now times the board won't allow it. I normally resign from my position anyway, so as to not ruin the realism of my game, but it is annoying having to resign as though you just don't want the job.

I should clarify...the board said nothing, but the news said I could be leaving my post at chelsea for an international gig with czech. I never said I wanted to leave chelsea and I didnt want to continue the save like that and **** off the board so I restarted without my interest in the international job. Seems odd and I was wondering if anybody else had this problem, or you get an option if they offer you a job, but I didnt want to risk my save.

It happened again....It says "the move has come as a surprise with pichette not giving any hint of looking for a new role.

They always say that though, that's nothing to do with getting sacked from another job. It usually says that when you apply for an international role, and I have never once been sacked following this.

It would be a nice feature if boards said they would be very unhappy with you taking on international management at the same time, and that you risk being sacked. It would also be good if the international FA only offered you the job on the condition you leave your current post.

For smaller countries, I think it should appear less often, but for jobs like England, Spain, Germany etc. I can't see the FA being happy with a manager dividing his time, and equally I couldn't see the top European domestic clubs settling for a manager juggling both unless he has an amazing status at the club.

It would be a nice feature if boards said they would be very unhappy with you taking on international management at the same time, and that you risk being sacked. It would also be good if the international FA only offered you the job on the condition you leave your current post.

For smaller countries, I think it should appear less often, but for jobs like England, Spain, Germany etc. I can't see the FA being happy with a manager dividing his time, and equally I couldn't see the top European domestic clubs settling for a manager juggling both unless he has an amazing status at the club.

In the real world, I'm surprised that there aren't more part time international managers to be honest. Why someone needs to be employed year round for pretty much just going to watch some football matches is odd to me. A team of part-time coaches watching set games reporting to a manager who can take control when they actually have matches would be better IMO. But that's a whole other point...

Archived