Can't Stop the Rock: The Birth of a Football Nation

a forameuss career

180px-Lincoln_Gibraltar.png

Champions League Final 2073

UEFA_Champions_League_Logo.png

KJzjvCS.png

First Half

00:00

Giulianova get us under way in Lisbon to a mighty roar, and I suspect we're in for quite a final here.

They start on the front foot, zipping passes across the surface, and finding Bailly out on the left flank. He runs for the byline, and fakes to cross...but cuts back to Fuba, just outside the box. He waits, and then finds Gbadago. Fuba makes a run, but Gbadago doesn't see it, and the pass is behind him. A bit of momentum lost, but Fuba recovers the ball. He tries a shot, but it's well blocked by Williams.

Can Misztal catch this? He can, and he passes all the way back to Assuncao at right back. Space here to pick a cross, but he finds Misztal. Delivered in...but it's headed away by Hartis, and it's a corner to the Italians. Pressure already for Lincoln.

Corner looped in, but it's cleared once, and then twice on the second ball. Lincoln survive early pressure, but it's looking ominous so far.

11:09

Walker stands over a free-kick around thirty yards from goal. Lincoln have settled down a bit here and found their rhythm. It's up and over the wall, but it flies just past the post...that was a matter of inches there.

12:26

Throw-in Giulianova. Neat passing on the right, and eventually Misztal is sent through. Lovely drop of the shoulder, and he's behind the defence, looking up for a crossing chance...but he dwells too long, and Liddle intercepts and clears.

They struggle to truly clear their lines though, and after some full-blooded challenges, Bailly sends in a dangerous ball...but McMullan gathers well. That was whipped in at pace towards the corridor of uncertainty, but he dealt with it well. He'll be glad to get a good save out of the way.

He throws it short, but the defence get in all kinds of trouble, and de Franchesci is through here. He tries to curl it...but McMullan dives across to his right and smothers it. A let-off.

17:12

Lincoln starting to settle into their rhythm, finding each other with crisp short passes. Presthus tries to chip it into the path of Murray, but Deco intercepts. He stumbles though, and Murray gets another chance - he slips it onto McDonnough...but that's a wonderful interception from Oviedo! But again there is a slip, and Murray fires it in! Wonderful save from Govedarica! Lincoln get their first shot on target.

From the resulting corner, Guilianova struggle to clear their lines, and McDonnough has another shot blocked. Lincoln really starting to come into this game now.

19:17

Lincoln putting a good amount of pressure on their opponents whenever they get the ball, but they still find a way through. de Francheschi with a great first touch! But his shot is too close to McMullan, and after a bit of a juggle, he gathers at the second attempt.

23:10

Walker stands over another free kick. Probably better placed than his last - can he do something here? Oh, he got that all wrong...it cleared the wall, but went straight out, around ten yards wide. One to forget from Chris Walker.

25:55

More crisp triangles of passing from Giulianova, but Lincoln content to let them play for now. Bailly is sent clear down the left though, and his cross is a dangerous one to the far post...headed into the side netting by Misztal! That was a chance, but he coudln't quite wrap his head around it to guide it back across goal.

31:42

Presthus tries to build another attack, just outside the Giulianova box. Their short passing just isn't coming off though. They're not getting enough time on receiving the pass to move it on, and Giulianova get to them and get the ball away. But Presthus picks it up and drives it towards goal...just wide.

It'll be a goal-kick. Walker wins the header, and lays it to Presthus. He fires it first time towards McDonnough...who is cleared out by Deco! He's in trouble here! He's already on a yellow from ten minutes ago...and that's a red card!

Giulianova down to ten men after just over half an hour. Crazy decision from Deco, and he's put his team in real trouble here. The resulting free-kick drifts over the bar, but the real damage is to the opponents. Giulianova are going to three at the back, and that will match them up one for one against Lincoln's marauding front three. An intriguing battle ahead.

36:28

Lincoln have taken the initiative here, and are camped a lot further forward than they were before the sending off. The Italians have definitely gone to a 3-4-2 formation, which seems a little risky to me. They'll be outnumbered in midfield still, and now could be one for one against Lincoln at the back. Will we see another change at half time?

Another shot blocked, but they get another chance through Liddle. His cross is cut out, and Lincoln have to be careful that their opponents don't break here. But de Francheschi is penalised, and Lincoln get a free kick. Quite a soft one that. Max Harvey is furious on the sidelines - he knows that if they push forward, Giulianova are very capable of picking them off.

39:42

Corner driven in by Bailly towards Misztal...but that's side netting. A very close one, but he almost moved too early. Free header though.

46:13

And that's half time. A tight half that sets up a second half where Lincoln are surely favourites. That sending off has changed the game completely, and I suspect we'll see a very defensive performance from Giulianova when we restart.

Half Time Score: Lincoln 0 - 0 Giulianova

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a forameuss career

KJzjvCS.png

Second Half

45:00

Lincoln kick off - they must feel like the favourites here, but there feels like there is going to be more twists to the tail before this one is over.

55:29

Lincoln with a throw-in on the right, just inside their opponents half. The move looks like it's broken down as it approaches the box, but some slick passing sees Presthus in space...but his shot is acrobatically saved by Govedarica. Wonderful flying save, and keeps things level.

57:10

Murray on the break here down the left, and he has space to drive into. He finds Williams on the edge of the box, and he takes a touch...and rifles in a fizzing, dipping shot that Govedarica tips over! Lincoln really turning the screw here! The resulting corner is cleared, but Murray lofts it back in towards LIddle! Oh and that's another wonderful save from Govedarica! Everyone thought Liddle was offside, but he set himself and drilled a shot towards goal from six yards. Govedarica equal to it though, and we stay level. Another corner though, which Walker delivers...and just over the top from Nardiello. Another free header, and he really should have got that on target.

74:46

Who will blink first in this battle? Lincoln probably should be at least one up, but they've not taken their chances. Giulianova with a corner, taken by Bailly. It's headed away but Oviedo fires it back in.

Liddle heads away again, but only as far as Gbadago...but his shot lacks power, and McMullan breathes a massive sigh of relief as he falls on the ball. That should have been a lot tougher to save. Oviedo is down injured though, so he'll kick this into touch so he can receive treatment. Are we going to see either side play for penalties here?

76:34

Lincoln with some possession here, but there's no real urgency in their play. They're never the most urgent of sides in their build-up, but you get the feeling that they're missing a trick by not going at Giulianova more with their numerical advantage.

Presthus injects some pace though, driving down the right. Two men with him, but he gets the cross away...oooooh, McDonnough flashes a header past the keeper, but it can only find the side netting...that was a difficult chance, but it goes down as another chance missed.

80:57

Lincoln throw-in, and Presthus works a shooting opportunity from it...but it's weak and straight into the arms of the keeper. There's plenty of tired legs out there on display now.

88:21

Canas has come on to replace Chris Walker. He just hasn't been at the races today. A solid performance, but he's not dominated the midfield like he usually does. Fresh legs on now though. Presthus plays a free-kick backwards, ten men back behind the ball for Giulianova. He gets it back from Hartis, drops a shoulder, and then fires in a dipping shot...and it hits the top of the cross bar as it heads over. Another big moment in the game. Inches lower, and we'd probably have seen a winner.

91:39

Into injury time now, but it looks like we're heading for thirty more minutes. Goal-kick fired long, but Canas is unchallenged and gets it to Murray on the left.

Lincoln come again, can they find a winner? Williams plays a brilliant threaded ball through to Jagielka...but he tries to find McDonnough, and the move breaks down. He should have gone on his own there.

Giulianova's clearance is picked up again by Lincoln. Presthus tries to thread one through to Murray, but yellow shirts throw themselves in the way.

Canas picks up the loose ball though, and it's opened up for him...another shot skims the top of the bar! Lincoln so close again!

Govederica with the goal kick, but he's taking his time. They want to take the pace out of this. And they succeed - we'll have thirty more minutes.

Full Time Score: Lincoln 0 - 0 Giulianova

a forameuss career

KJzjvCS.png

First Half Extra Time

90:00

Kick off in extra-time - Lincoln looked dominant in the second half - can they find a goal to go with that dominance?

96:41

McDonnough works a shooting chance, but it's well blocked by another well-placed yellow shirt. Waves of red coming again and again.

104:37

Canas is signalling to the bench here, and it looks like his night is over, just ten minutes after it began. Wallis will come on for him, and is that a worry for Max Harvey? It wouldn't be the ideal place to play Wallis.

Another cross fired in to McDonnough, but he struggles to get it under control and it's cleared. Williams picks it up just outside the box though, exchanging passes with Murray. He moves towards the corner flag, just can't seem to find a cross with all the men back.

He goes all the way back to Nardiello. He plays it in-field towards Presthus, and he'll have a shot...blocked. But not away yet, Jagielka will pick it up. Williams, Wallis, and then Murray, Lincoln switching the play perfectly, but just can't find that opening.

The move peters out, and it's starting to look a lot like penalties as time ticks towards half-time here. Giulianova have offered very little going forward.

Half Time Extra Time Score: Lincoln 0 - 0 Giulianova

a forameuss career

KJzjvCS.png

Second Half Extra Time

105:00

And we get the second half of extra time under way. One change, it looks like Jagielka and Murray have swapped wings, which is something we don't usually see. Has Max Harvey got something up his sleeve?

110:33

Bailly stands over a free-kick - can Giulianova get back into this game, or are they resigned to penalties? It sails over the bar, and that just about sums up their attacking output since they went down to ten men.

116:08

Another Bailly free-kick, this time in a crossing position. Lincoln have to defend this well. But he's had a shot! And that was very close to going in. Bailly almost caught out McMullan, but it found the side net. They breathe again.

118:26

Nardiello with the throw-in. We're really just playing out time now. But Lincoln do have men up here, they know there's still a chance.

Throw-in to Williams, who passes it first time to Jagielka. But it's cut out, and Gbadago can bring it out of the defence and away. Bailly turns back though, and they're passing it dangerously in their own box. Suicidal stuff here. Govederica finally boots it clear. But Williams gets to it first, headed towards Jagielka. To Wallis, and then in-field to Presthus. His chipped ball is headed away by Oviedo, but he's got it back.

He finds Jagielka right on the edge of the box on the left. It sits up, but he half-volleys a pass into McDonnough. Great first touch, McDonnouuuuuuuuuuuuugh...

IT'S IN! LINCOLN HAVE SCORED AND SURELY THEY WILL BE CHAMPIONS AGAIN!

His first touch took it away from the defender, he steadied himself and then fired a wonderful shot under the keeper! The fans in red and black are going absolutely bonkers up in the stands, but the yellow shirts on the pitch are flat on their backs. Crushing blow for them, but it's been coming ever since Deco got himself sent off.

120:18

There's barely time to take this. They look dead on their feet, but they have to get it forward now. They try just that, but it's ponderous and slow. They look resigned to losing this. Fuba tries to slip it in-field to de Francheschi, but Liddle charges in and intercepts. Could the break be on here? They think so! Lincoln charge forward...BUT THAT'S IT! THE FINAL WHISTLE BLOWS!

Full Time Score: Lincoln 1 - 0 Giulianova (AET)

It's an odd one. I would've said it was down to being an edited file, but it did take about 60 years to actually come into effect. Seems odd to me. But like you say, not complaining! And it's an even playing field with the rest of the league,so at least we're not the only ones benefitting

My guess is that the initial tv money value was set to something like 10 times more than it should be (i.e. £10K per year instead of £1K per year). This value was probably hidden but increased all along, as Gibraltar probably has no tv market to speak of. When you won the Europa League, the game probably decided that all of a sudden your league got world wide tv attention. The algorithm that increases tv money probably doesn't haven sanity checks, hard caps or comparisons to the money that the other leagues of similar strength receive. You either found a ridiculous bug or an important missing feature.

Other than that. Great thread!

I'd also factor in that if it is giving an equivalent TV deal to other top leagues, the money in Gibraltar is shared between just 8 teams, not 20 like in England, Italy or Spain.

Also, absolute fantastic thread, save, game, and effort!

My guess is that the initial tv money value was set to something like 10 times more than it should be (i.e. £10K per year instead of £1K per year). This value was probably hidden but increased all along, as Gibraltar probably has no tv market to speak of. When you won the Europa League, the game probably decided that all of a sudden your league got world wide tv attention. The algorithm that increases tv money probably doesn't haven sanity checks, hard caps or comparisons to the money that the other leagues of similar strength receive. You either found a ridiculous bug or an important missing feature.

Other than that. Great thread!

If it started out low, I'd agree, but I don't think we ever had any TV money whatsoever for about 50 years, then it suddenly jumped to PL levels. I suspect it's a quirk of the edited database, and it happened due to a club suddenly being a "big deal" in Europe.

It will be very interesting to monitor Gibraltar once Max Harvey hangs up his suit. Whatever I do next, I'll be in the same save, so I'll keep an eye on how things are going. I imagine that barring a complete crash, we'll see one of the other sides winning the Europa League before long, or at least in contention. As a small spoiler, we even had one side joining us in the Champions League in the season I'm currently playing. We're really shooting up in the World, and if the other sides stopped *****ing their money on overpriced dross, we'd be even better. But honestly, the league is by no means certain, and I can definitely see there being a time when our 8 team league has six or even seven European qualifiers in it, with only the relegated side not getting into Europe. If we can make it to 3rd in the co-efficients, that will happen. We've just squeaked into the top 10 (another spoiler) which gives us 2 Champions League places (one in the group stage, one in the Best Placed playoff) and three Europa League spots (Playoff/3rd/2nd rounds). Another good performance this season, and we could overtake neighbours Portugal into 9th. That would give us one more Europa League team. 6th would give us three teams in each competition, and then the top three - currently occupied by Italy, England and Spain - gives us those seven spots. Can we do it before I retire?

a forameuss career

Season 2073/74

Pre-season

It's rep and value watch time!

ihCTmJF.png

KY7UQCV.png

We're the 23rd most valuable club in the World currently, which is a great achievement, even with the bumper TV deal. To put it into perspective, no other side in the country has made it into the top 100 yet, even when given £100 million a season. In terms of rep, we're now at number 11, and 4th in Europe. We only have to overhaul Barcelona, Man United and Celano, and we'll be the biggest club on the continent. Can we overthrow the other sides in the World? A few more Club World Championships would probably help...

or6EjC1.png

As I said earlier, our co-efficient is at record levels. We're back to two teams in the Champions League, with the Champions going straight into the Group Stage. That's massive for us, and gets one team out of the early season start against the minnows of Europe. We need to press the advantage home though, and at the very least make sure we don't lose those places next season.

Uo11PDb.png

Massive amounts of money on offer, but I doubt I'll spend it all this year, despite the TV money staying at the usual level

Transfers

FfemDQ4.png

Stefano Borgogni - We raided Man Utd to add strength to our back-line, and brought in Borgogni. A lot of money, but he's young and has clear quality. He'll be a nailed on starter.

Kareem Davy - Another player in to try and get our inside forward based tactic working. He'll be a different option to Olcay Esmer on the right.

That wrapped up our summer transfers, but although I usually avoid spending in January, things happened that made me change that policy.

Gs46Qa7.png

First big news, the sale of Steve Presthus. Barca initially offered 7 million. I asked for 40, expecting them to walk away. They negotiated though, pretty badly. In the end, it got to me asking for 30, and 3 over 12 months. Barcelona accepted, and he was on his way. That's quite a profit though, close to 25 million. Whether I'll regret letting him go, I'm not sure.

In other selling news, Tomasz Jagielka also left on deadline day. Unfortunately, that was for nowhere near profit. 575k was enough to let the underperforming Pole go, meaning we lost over 20 million on the signing. Disappointing, but it frees up a foreign player spot, as well as his wages. He didn't quite work out at Lincoln, so I'm not too bothered about the hit. Danny Burton left on loan (for 110k a month...cheers) and Streete got his wish by getting away from the club.

So to fill those spaces, I added two more signings. Craig Smith was the first, from Hull, and he's described as a wonderkid. A younger, but pretty much direct, replacement for Presthus, and he'll provide a foil for club legend Chris Walker. He becomes our record signing, but I think he'll be worth it. With two foreign player spots to fill, I looked for a striker to help out McDonnough and really push us to the next level. Unfortunately, all the ones that could do that were either not for sale, or out of our range. So in came Alex Minero, two-footed striker/winger. Strangely for us, it's a small fee, so not too much of a risk. He'll be a good backup.

Results

These will be added in part 2 of the update

European Performance

2073/74

Champions League Champions Second Qualifying Round

Gyor 3 - 5 Lynx FC

Champions League Champions Third Qualifying Round

Slovan Bratislava 3 - 4 Lynx FC

Champions League Champions Playoff Round

Dinamo 1 - 2 Lynx FC

Champions League Group Stages

Lynx FC - 0W/2D/4L - Southampton, Leverkusen, Granada

We start with a wonderful journey for Lynx. I wasn't sure why they moved into the Champions route, given they finished second, but I assume it's because we won the Champions League, so our place moved to the next team. Lynx well and truly took their chance, and squeezed past Gyor, Bratislava and Dinamo to make it into the Group Stages. That's the first time any side other than ourselves have made it, and I'm really pleased for them. That will do absolutely no harm to our co-efficient come the end of the season, especially if we can follow up with a good run ourselves.

Europa League Second Qualifying Round

Lions Pilots 6 - 3 Siroki Brijeg

Europa League Third Qualifying Round

Lions Pilots 3 - 4 FC Groningen

Hapoel Tel Aviv 3 - 5 Red Imps

Europa League Playoff Round

Lions Pilots 1 - 2 Standard

Zenit 4 - 1 Red Imps

Real Betis 5 - 3 Glacis United

Unfortunately, the other three sides in European competition couldn't match the achievements of Lynx. The Pilots and the Imps did well to reach the playoff, but then they - and Glacis United - came up against three very good sides. The Pilots probably should have done better against Standard, but the Imps and Glacis had tough trips to St Petersburg and Betis respectively. Bear in mind, Betis won the Europa League a couple of seasons ago. Maybe next season.

a forameuss career

Season 2073/74 - Part 2

Results

jloeZtM.png

To start, we absolutely thumped Nurnberg in the Super Cup. A fantastic performance, and bodes well for our season to come.

Pot 1 | Pot 2 | Pot 3 | Pot 4

After our triumph last year, we automatically went into pot 1, pushing Roma down into 2. In terms of the other pots, it's clear we want to avoid Dundee United, who really should be in pot 2 with their co-efficient. Roma and Spartak Moscow would be the nightmare draws from the other pots. But welcome to little Lynx FC with their tiny co-efficient - they'll be the bottom seeded team in the draw, and can expect an absolute humdinger of a group. Of course, you've already seen what they did in the previous update.

OsUhlCq.png

So we got Dundee United...balls. Bayern aren't exactly the easiest draw either. Sparta Prague will be the whipping boys. I'm not sure why the media have decided to break their duck this year and proclaim that we have an easy group (every other year they've put us down) as this is a pretty tough one.

2e2deBt.png

Yup, tough.

Sparta Prague didn't cause too many problems, but Dundee United and Bayern turned things into a three team group, taking a win and a loss off of us. The key matches ended up being between the Scots and the Germans. United came out on top there, winning both times, putting them on top of the group. We had to beat United in our final game, otherwise Bayern would have stolen second place. Luckily we decided to dole out a battering and squeezed through in second.

TiCXExs.png

RYa1r7J.png

A second Club World Championship, but we didn't have it that easy. Two pretty tight games, but we came out on top in both. A first minute goal in the final from, who else, Latrell McDonnough gave us the trophy.

WxfChVy.png

As we moved into the knockout stages of the Champions League, we knew we'd have to pick up our form. We did alright against Roma, but it wasn't until the second leg against Southampton that we really caught on fire. A 5-1 win turned around our 3-1 defeat in the first leg, and set us up to face their Premier League rivals Man United in the semi-finals.

Now, onto domestic matters...

nPHrncz.png

In the cups, our aim to win eight trophies fell at the very first hurdle as Champions League noobs Lynx FC won the Pepe Reyes Cup. We recovered to win the League Cup, and as things stand, we face Lions Pilots in the semi final of the Rock Cup.

IwM7wwe.png

In the league, we're unbeaten, but that doesn't tell the whole story. Five draws from twelve games meant we haven't pulled away from our rivals.

jLjeuC1.png

We sit 2nd with two games to go, and we'll face another tough task to fight on three fronts, just like last season.

HOuTLFw.png

Five games scheduled, with the possibility of two more. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday. Quite a schedule, especially when that Tuesday night game is at Old Trafford. Forty-eight hours later, we have a massive league game. Win that, and we are in pole position to take the league. Then we face the Pilots in the Cup, before welcoming Man Utd again.

So shall we?

0VWj0Vr.png

In fourteen second half minutes, we turned from absolute despair to absolute elation. Man Utd were 3-1 up and cruising before we scored three unanswered goals. By the 86th minute, we were 4-3 up. That's four away goals. At Old Trafford. A wonderful result, and we go back to the Harvey Arena protecting a lead. In the other first leg, Real Madrid schooled Arsenal 5-1 in the Bernabaeu, so looks like they'll be in the final.

NILfIzr.png

Only forty-eight hours after kicking off in Manchester, we were back home battling for the league. A thoroughly professional performance by all involved as we battered Hound Dogs to move to the top of the table.

EJcGgiC.png

Unlike last season, it's all in our own hands, and a win in our last game will guarantee us the title. A draw could be enough.

udTbTCY.png

All that positivity evaporated as another competition falls out of our hands. A dour game decided by a single goal. Maybe our minds were on the Champions League, but no excuses. We didn't deserve to win, and the Pilots will go on to the final at our expense.

06Ffboo.png

We march on.

Once again, Man Utd led 3-1 going into the closing stages of the match. And again, it was a flurry of action that put it there. In the 65th minute, United went ahead, and by the 76th minute they were 3-1 up. The action died down a little, and after dominating the game, United shut up shop going into stoppage time. But then in the 91st minute Kareem Davy slotted home to send the home fans into ecstacy.

Real Madrid drew 0-0 in the second leg, so we'll face them in the final at Wembley.

After the celebrations died down, we still had to go out and win the league to guarantee our place in the Champions League for the next season. Interesting fixture arranging too...

lbUj8j8.png

bfiLgPl.png

On Saturday, we play first. If we lose, Lynx can go top with a nine goal swing between our two games when they kick off just half an hour after we finish. If we draw, Lions Pilots can take to the pitch on Monday knowing that a win by five would hand them the title. If we lose, a Pilots win would take the title. But I stress, a win for us would make it all academic.

eYp0JK6.png

A comfortable win in the end, and we took the title easily. Lynx ended up losing their game, but the Pilots won 3-0, handing them second place, and meaning that there will be no return to the Champions League for Lynx. Harsh on them, but they did blow it.

wTPFtYV.png

So that's the results for the season up to our second successive Champions League final. Stand by for the usual coverage as we take on Real Madrid...

Wow, my mum is from Gibraltar so it means a little something! I've followed your story and makes me want to start a Gibraltar career, maybe the Red Imps. Also two questions, How is the national team doing now? & I love your regen-facepack which one is it and where did you get it?

a forameuss career

Champions League Final 2074

uefa-champions-league-2012-13.jpg

Preview

YAhsHWn.png

Baddiel and Skinner once sang about football coming home. Back in 1996, confidence was high that a tournament in a home country would mean a trophy. Unfortunately for all involved, that didn't happen, but the stadium we find ourselves in is one of the few in the World where football really comes home to. Wembley, in both its iterations, remains a massive deal in the world of football. Kids used to dream of coming here, appearing in an FA Cup final, lifting a trophy in the sight of the twin towers, or the new arch. But it's not just the FA Cup that has been lifted to the arch in jubilation in the lifetime of this stadium. Both Poland and Germany have lifted the European Championship trophy, but it's arguably the UEFA Champions League which is the more reputable trophy, and that has been lifted six times in this stadium. Starting with Barcelona in 2011, when they beat Man Utd, and continuing two years later when Bayern and Dortmund contested an all-German affair. Man City, Chelsea and Napoli have all won the competition once here, along with a certain Real Madrid. They return here, twenty-five years later, on a glorious sunny evening, expecting a sell-out, and hoping to win a 14th Champions League title.

However, in their way stands what can only be described as an ever-plucky underdog. One year ago, Giulianova of Italy found out the hard way that you should never underestimate this side. You would have thought that they would have looked at the examples set by Barcelona, Roma and Granada in the past, when the favourites fell spectacularly. However, you can't help but feeling like this match tonight will be Lincoln's sternest test. They've beaten Barcelona in the Nou Camp, but now they face the Galacticos of old. They may not have the style and swagger they once had in the days of Beckham, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos et al, but they are still an extremely dangerous team, and easily the richest club in the World. They are hot favourites, and have coincidentally never lost against tonight's opponents.

So where will this game be won and lost? The smart money may go on Real Madrid's forward line. If you look at the comparisons between the keepers, defence, midfield and then attack, things look rather even in most cases. Even looking at the team as a whole in terms of sheer value, there isn't a massive difference, just the expected one given Real's huge backing.

For Real, it is expected that Murilo will be the big danger. The little Brazilian playmaker is the heartbeat of this team, and most of the play is going to go through him. Lincoln will need to be on their toes to stop him. But one person that will undoubtedly be on his toes is Latrell McDonnough. Star striker of Lincoln, and the one man who Real must be afraid of going into this game. He'll plough a lone furrow, as usual, but will they be able to stop him?

As usual, Max Harvey declined to speak to the media pre-match, but his assistant did, and left everyone in no doubt as to their approach. Attack will be the name of the game, and Lincoln fans will just have to hope that Charlton isn't showing over-confidence. That is one thing that Real's manager Giovanni Zara seems to have in spades though, as he launched a scathing attack on the wily old Harvey pre-match. He said that his opponent didn't deserve the success he had achieved, and that he would be shown up as the inferior manager come full-time. Fighting words, but it's hard to imagine the old Scot not showing his team that speech as his only team-talk.

Team News

Real are expected to line up in their narrow 4-2-3-1 formation, but they'll be disappointed to be missing both Sergio Luis and Gonzalo Chafer. Luis was booked late in the second leg stupidly, so misses out through suspension, and Chafer injured his knee a few weeks ago. Both players would have been nailed on starters, so it will be interesting to see how they play without them.

As far as Lincoln are concerned, there are no injury worries, and they will be very likely to line up in their wide 4-1-2-2-1 formation.

And the teamsheets have just been submitted, and there are no surprises...

mgVp5TC.png

We're just about ready to go here...

a forameuss career

Champions League Final 2074

uefa-champions-league-2012-13.jpg

YAhsHWn.png

DjS8BmD.png

uUGyw5C.png

Saying it was a classic would be false advertising. Saying we entirely deserved the win wouldn't be much further away. But the only stat that matters is the number of goals scored, and Latrell McDonnough got one, diverting in a low cross as the first half drew to a close.

That's two Champions League trophies in a row, and the "other half" of Spain beaten. The Lincoln juggernaut rolls on...

LgyF0oS.png

FJLHdXr.png

h10ALee.png

U1kXEWk.png

TpPOgvu.png

a forameuss career

Season 2074/75

Pre-season

Good news from those lovely people at UEFA as we overtake Portugal and move into 9th in the co-efficients table. That's 6 sides from the country that will be in European competition in some way or another. Remember people, there's 8 teams in the league...

The sponsorship continued to roll in and year on year we're getting more and more money bleeding into the coffers. As evidenced by the league rundown. In a league of 8 clubs, producing £39 million in sponsorship, we hold £27.5 million of it. Surprisingly, Lynx FC - a team who have been in the Champions League Group Stages remember - have the lowest sponsorship amount in the league. Mental.

In terms of our own merchandise sales, Anthony Murray moves from top of the tree to nowhere to be seen as King of Gibraltar Latrell McDonnough tops the charts. Chris Walker - who will receive a testimonial match during pre-season - stays up there though. The fans absolutely love him, but it's no shame to miss out to a player who has been absolutely fantastic for us. And not just for us...

The World Cup happened over the summer, and to be honest it's a tournament that usually passes me by. Maybe it comes from usually having to prepare for a Champions League qualifier just days after the final, but I never really paid much attention beyond a few odd results. This time though, I had a vested interest. This time, I had England. This is the line-up for the World Cup Final, England vs Argentina, which was won 2-0 by the English. Barry Hartis, Jamie Nardiello, Michael Grice, Paul McCabe and Latrell McDonnough all started the match, with Chris Walker, Craig Smith, Chris Wallis and Kareem Davy all on the bench. That's five starters and four subs from our club winning the World Cup. Wonderful. Had it not been for a rare off day, McDonnough would have won the golden boot as well. He tied with a number of other players, but lost out due to minutes played. Disappointing for him, but I'm sure watching Davy score the decisive goal after coming off the bench made up for it. It certainly did for me, although I got a bit of a nonsensical reaction to my appearance at the game. I'm not sure which FA I'm supposed to be taking advantage of, and not quite sure why a Champions League winning manager can't go and watch a World Cup Final in peace...PC gone mad.

Our Champions League win takes us to 7th in the World, and 2nd in Europe in terms of reputation. Massive.

Transfers

PfCFeY6.png

Just the one signing, but it's a biggie. Kobi Weinstein, pride of Israel, signs from AC Milan to give us a proper winger option out on the left. Anthony Murray has been supernaturally good out there, but he's winding down his career now, and if we persist with him, I think we'll be missing out. He's a strong backup, but Weinstein is the future.

Results

gQswE3h.png

The season opened in disappointing fashion as Celano won the day in our Super Cup clash. It was a late goal, and a very annoying one as they pounced on a parry by MacMullan to slide home the winner. A bit deflating, especially given we were really going for the clean sweep this season. I expected maybe to lose something like the Champions League or one of the domestic cups, but to lose this one is very annoying indeed.

mDITRGC.png

fLoV9pn.png

OxYBBNg.png

OxYBBNg.png

We now manage to be top seeds in our own right, even though that would be guaranteed following our title win. Good to see another Gibraltar side in the competition though, and somewhat amazingly, they're not the bottom seeded side. Perennial over-achievers Stromsgoedset get that honour. I'll be hoping to draw them, and absolutely not drawing Leverkusen or Inter.

We drew Sampdoria (meh...), Dynamo Kiev (really?) and....Leverkusen. Come on UEFA...

0fo0qqX.png

When we actually got down to it though, i was a lot happier. We got a rare trio of wins going into the halfway point, including a wonderful away win in Ukraine, a professional job at home to Sampdoria, and then a wonderful comeback against group favourites Leverkusen. We were abject in the first half, and I made a triple substitution to try and wrestle back control. Zach Harvey came on to partner McDonnough up front, leaving Chris Walker on his own in midfield. Veteran Murray also came on for new signing Weinstein, who was still trying to find his feet. In seven crazy minutes, our substitutes combined to send us 3-2 ahead, and give us a priceless victory.

All we needed to do in the remaining games was not get beat by Leverkusen (unless it was a high scoring one goal defeat) and then finish things off against Kiev and Sampdoria. The German's knocked the stuffing out of us in the return though, strolling to a 2-0 win. Then Sampdoria inflicted a second defeat in Italy in the closing game to leave us second in the group. Not the way we wanted to go through, but we go through nonetheless.

DxhrHQR.png

This was by no means easy, but for a third time we come home with the trophy. A snowy Canada welcomed us, but it was almost hometime before we'd even begun as Tunis gave us quite a battle. We got past them, and then squeezed past South American Champions Atletico Mineiro. It took a late goal to level it, and then an extra-time goal to win it, but they all count. Our first major trophy of the season, but there's plenty more to win.

MdEYtVo.png

A thoroughly professional job at the Gorgie as we roared past Hearts to take our place in the quarter finals. The first leg was a tense affair, and a late away goal really soured it. We knew we'd have to go to Edinburgh and score, so it's lucky we had McDonnough. 1-1 at full time meant another thirty minutes, and no goals thereafter made it look like it was heading to dread penalties. But up stepped Craig Smith, World Cup Winner, to smash home a 120th minute winner and cue bedlam on the pitch. Tougher than we would have liked, but we're through.

vKgg5AQ.png

And so we faced a repeat of last year's final as we faced a Real Madrid side hungry for revenge. I think these days, we'll have more and more of these tight matches, as teams start to realise that we're not to be underestimated, and go hopelessly attacking against us. Remember beating Southampton 5-1 last season? Those were the days...

But we did make it past Real to rub salt in the wounds. A 2-1 defeat at the Bernabeau...sorry, Valero Arena. Sorry guys, I refuse to call it that. You're playing in the Bernabeau. But anyway, 2-1 was hardly the worst result. It gave us an away goal and meant we could go out at home and know that if we kept it tight at the back, and nicked a goal, we'd be through. Early in the second half, Anthony Murray - the man I claimed would be just a backup - pounced to give us that crucial goal. We saw out the rest of the game, breathed a massive sigh of relief, then turned our minds to the semi final, where we would face the yellow submarine, Villarreal. Hell, we've beaten everyone else in Spain, how hard could this be?

o8s9Sau.png

A disappointing loss of our League Cup trophy soured things, but we did pick up the Pepe Reyes, and we're now on course to take the Rock Cup too. All being well, it'll be a quintuple - providing we can win the Champions League too.

m2deWEL.png

VM1Wq9B.png

With four games to go, I'm fairly confident we can close it out. Just one point behind, and two games in hand, both against Hound Dogs, who languish down in 7th. Of course, they'll be chasing that final Europa League spot.

And we'll see how we closed out the season in the next update...

Irrelevant but I went to Gibralter last year to watch Hibs in a preseason friendly. We played against a Gibralter XI (Best players playing in Gib and best players from Gib I think it was?) and they were terrible. The place itself isn't very nice either but Andalucia is really nice and the rock is awesome. It was very surreal sitting in a stadium where there is a runway on one side which is clearly visible and a massive rock on the other which was clearly visible.

a forameuss career

Season 2074/75

The Run-in

r7e87VX.png

AapWOPd.png

A good start to proceedings as our first game in hand sends us top of the table. The way things are placed, a win in our next game would all but guarantee us the title, barring a collapse in our final two.

o4cicTt.png

RTwCiyR.png

Not what we wanted...

Lynx had a chance to close some ground on us following the match, and did just that. We have another game in hand, but our rivals have now drawn level with us, only behind thanks to their slightly leakier defence.

It's Glacis United next. A must-win game falling just before the crunch match with Villarreal...

hkfypdJ.png

oj7KxKP.png

Bloody hell...

Another disappointing draw, and a result that means we'll be sweating going into the final game. With three big knockout games coming up, I would have really liked to have sealed the league by now. Our final match falls between the two Champions League ties, so it's conceivable we could be weaker. And who is our final match against? Lions Pilots. They would absolutely love to spoil it for us...

But first, it's a cup semi-final to set us up for the visit of the Yellow Submarine...

QoAoXto.png

That's more like it, but the scoreline didn't quite reflect the match. It was the 84th minute before we took the lead, but after that the Pilots resistance fell. Zach Harvey got a wonderful hat-trick in the end, and put us into a final we are now massive favourites for.

SvEKIFY.png

A solid performance, and one I'm not too displeased about. It certainly sets us up well enough for the trip to Spain. Villarreal seem a much different proposition to Real though, and I can see this side going all the way. One thing is for sure, we will have to go to Spain and score. But can we stop them from doing the same? A lot of thought needs to put into this approach...

But it's back to league duty, and our decisive match against rivals Lions Pilots. A familiar situation - we play first, and a win in that match will secure the title. If we slip up, then Lynx FC will have the chance to take the title against Leo Parrilla later in the day.

IRoB7Zh.png

But they didn't get that chance. A second 3-0 against the Pilots in two games, and we're league Champions once again. The party started in the 13th minute, but only nine minutes later it was 3-0, and the fans could start the conga lines. Lynx imploded in their match, but you have to say that it's unlikely they would have been that bad had the league still been a possibility. I don't like this system of fixture arrangement, especially now that we have more than one stadium, but it's unavoidable in-game.

wVEw4Gt.png

So two games to go, one big, and one absolutely massive. First, we travel to Spain...

zoLqMgX.png

That's what it feels like to be brought back down to Earth with a bump.

A match littered with mistakes, mostly from us, ended up being an absolute procession. Not how we wanted to end our campaign - not even close - but it's hard to argue with the result. We just weren't good enough on the day, and I think we could have played this a thousand times and not won it. We'll move on - cup final to come.

rMgP1EZ.png

If we were still hurting from mid-week, we didn't show it, putting on a very professional performance to lift the Rock Cup. That takes us to four trophies for the season, but we can't help but think that it should have been more.

End of Season Confidence

5uuFTNC.png

European Performance

2074/75

Champions League Best Placed Third Qualifying Round

Anderlecht 3 - 4 Lynx FC

Champions League Best Placed Playoff

Lynx FC 1 - 5 Newcastle

Champions League Group Stages

Lions Pilots - W2/D0/L4 - 3rd - Real Madrid, Inter, Nurnberg

Europa League First Qualifying Round

Lillestrom 2 - 2 Manchester 62 (Manchester 62 advance on away goals)

Glacis United 9 - 1 Cliftonville

Manchester 62 5 - 0 Partizani

Red Imps 3 - 1 Pandurii

Young Boys 2 - 3 Glacis United

Manchester 62 3 - 3 Debrecen (Debrecen advance on penalties)

Glacis United 2 - 3 SK Rapid Wien

Anderlecht 2 - 3 Leo Parrilla

Red Imps 2 - 3 Aberdeen

Europa League Group Stage

Lynx FC - 3rd - W1/D3/L2 (AC Milan, FC Twente, Maccabi Tel Aviv)

Leo Parrilla - 2nd - W2/D1/L3 (FK Austria Wien, Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk)

Europa League First Knockout Round

Trabzonspor 3 - 1 Leo Parilla

Lions Pilots 3 - 1 Red Bull Salzburg

Europa League Second Knockout Round

Lions Pilots 1 - 0 AC Milan

Europa League Quarter Final

Lions Pilots 4 - 0 FC Braga

Europa League Semi Final

Lions Pilots 2 - 5 Man City

A rollercoaster ride for fans of football in Gibraltar as 5 sides did their best to do them proud. Lions Pilots...no wonder they were so easy to beat in our matches with them - while we were falling apart to Villarreal, so were they to Man City. An amazing journey for them, going from the Champions League, to within one match of the Europa League final. Unfortunately they didn't quite make it, but they weren't far off. Maybe next year?

Looking to the Future

It's times like these that you think about your future as a manager. That season took it out of Max Harvey, and with several transfer targets just being too expensive for the club, have we reached the zenith of our achievement? Big season next time out...

Historic Stats

|---------|-------------|----------|--------------|--------------|--------|--------|---------|-------------|--------------|------------|--------------|--------------|
| Season | League Rep | Club Rep | Value | Balance | Ticket | Season | Tickets | League | League Cup | Rock Cup | C. League | E. League |
|---------|-------------|----------|--------------|--------------|--------|--------|---------|-------------|--------------|------------|--------------|--------------|
| 2013/14 | 208th | - | | £50,000 | £6 | £30 | - | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 1st Qual. | - |
| 2014/15 | 208th | - | | £400,000 | £6 | £30 | - | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 1st Qual. | - |
| 2015/16 | 218th | 773rd | £900,000 | £610,000 | £6 | £30 | 67 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2016/17 | 204th | 478th | £875,000 | £800,000 | £6 | £30 | 69 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Quarters | 1st Qual. | - |
| 2017/18 | 215th | 442nd | £1,200,000 | £1,616,269 | £6 | £30 | 69 | CHAMPIONS | Semis | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2018/19 | 204th | 390th | £1,500,000 | £1,439,979 | £6 | £30 | 69 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2019/20 | 177th | 318th | £1,800,000 | £1,785,076 | £6 | £30 | 70 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2020/21 | 178th | 303rd | £725,000 | £671,576 | £6 | £32 | 70 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2021/22 | 185th | 305th | £1,200,000 | £1,130,766 | £6 | £33 | 70 | CHAMPIONS | Group Stage | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2022/23 | 195th | 283rd | £1,000,000 | £816,454 | £6 | £33 | 71 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Runners-up | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2023/24 | 209th | 287th | £1,500,000 | £1,260,895 | £6 | £33 | 71 | CHAMPIONS | Semis | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2024/25 | 251st | 287th | £1,800,000 | £1,612,489 | £5 | £30 | 72 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | Quarters | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2025/26 | 249th | 286th | £2,700,000 | £2,453,908 | £5 | £30 | 75 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | Quarters | 3rd Qual. | Playoff |
| 2026/27 | 202nd | 274th | £2,800,000 | £2,538,846 | £6 | £33 | 77 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | Semis | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2027/28 | 173rd | 273rd | £2,900,000 | £2,693,189 | £6 | £33 | 79 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Semis | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2028/29 | 127th | 284th | £2,200,000 | £2,032,905 | £7 | £36 | 80 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2029/30 | 129th | 281st | £1,100,000 | £948,588 | £7 | £40 | 84 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Runners-up | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2030/31 | 176th | 282nd | £800,000 | £567,483 | £7 | £37 | 88 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | 2nd Round | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2031/32 | 208th | 307th | £650,000 | £463,657 | £7 | £37 | 96 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2032/33 | 225th | 311th | £500,000 | £320,088 | £6 | £34 | 103 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2033/34 | 206th | 333rd | £750,000 | £502,304 | £6 | £34 | 103 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2034/35 | 185th | 339th | £3,900,000 | £3,715,594 | £7 | £37 | 110 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd Qual. | 4th in Group |
| 2035/36 | 135th | 234th | £3,200,000 | £2,977,575 | £7 | £40 | 114 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Runners-up | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2036/37 | 116th | 236th | £1,900,000 | £1,698,560 | £7 | £40 | 118 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | 2nd Round | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2037/38 | 161st | 241st | £4,100,000 | £3,941,362 | £7 | £39 | 122 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | 2nd Round | Playoff | 4th in Group |
| 2038/39 | 192nd | 213th | £5,250,000 | £4,997,978 | £7 | £39 | 125 | CHAMPIONS | Semis | 2nd Round | 3rd Qual. | 4th in Group |
| 2039/40 | 203rd | 195th | £6,500,000 | £5,756,063 | £7 | £40 | 131 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd Qual. | Playoff |
| 2040/41 | 202nd | 235th | £5,500,000 | £4,912,031 | £8 | £42 | 135 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | 2nd Round | 3rd Qual. | Playoff |
| 2041/42 | 177th | 220th | £3,700,000 | £2,956,190 | £8 | £42 | 142 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Runners-up | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2042/43 | 175th | 225th | £10,250,000 | £9,492,009 | £8 | £42 | 126 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | Semis | 4th in Group | - |
| 2043/44 | 116th | 178th | £12,250,000 | £11,173,660 | £9 | £47 | 149 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | 2nd Round | Playoff | 4th in Group |
| 2044/45 | 135th | 183rd | £9,500,000 | £8,103,140 | £8 | £46 | 156 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd Qual. | Playoff |
| 2045/46 | 171st | 183rd | £5,000,000 | £3,853,103 | £8 | £47 | 156 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd Qual. | Playoff |
| 2046/47 | 176th | 188th | £4,300,000 | £3,853,103 | £9 | £49 | 166 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd Qual. | 4th in Group |
| 2047/48 | 214th | 183rd | £12,250,000 | £10,533,973 | £8 | £46 | 169 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2048/49 | 220th | 183rd | £12,250,000 | £8,431,124 | £8 | £47 | 170 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | Playoff | 4th in Group |
| 2049/50 | 192nd | 191st | £14,250,000 | £11,651,607 | £9 | £51 | 176 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2050/51 | 156th | 157th | £20,000,000 | £17,319,187 | £10 | £54 | 179 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2051/52 | 118th | 154th | £22,000,000 | £18,109,846 | £10 | £56 | 182 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2052/53 | 107th | 87th | £21,500,000 | £17,168,167 | £11 | £59 | 185 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2053/54 | 97th | 84th | £19,500,000 | £13,243,551 | £11 | £63 | 187 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2054/55 | 90th | 73rd | £23,500,000 | £16,919,799 | £12 | £65 | 193 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2055/56 | 85th | 75th | £24,500,000 | £18,116,106 | £12 | £67 | 199 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2056/57 | 85th | 76th | £23,500,000 | £16,542,451 | £12 | £67 | 204 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2057/58 | 81st | 76th | £25,000,000 | £19,122,856 | £12 | £67 | 209 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Runners-up | 4th in Group | - |
| 2058/59 | 76th | 65th | £24,000,000 | £18,974,460 | £12 | £69 | 223 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | 1/4 Finals |
| 2059/60 | 70th | 49th | £25,000,000 | £17,435,346 | £13 | £74 | 233 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | 1/4 Finals |
| 2060/61 | 64th | 38th | £29,000,000 | £24,272,313 | £14 | £81 | 253 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | 1/4 Finals |
| 2061/62 | 54th | 32nd | £64,000,000 | £54,528,774 | £16 | £90 | 261 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | Semi Finals |
| 2062/63 | 50th | 25th | £43,000,000 | £33,087,373 | £17 | £97 | 269 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 1st KO Rnd | - |
| 2063/64 | 42nd | 21st | £53,000,000 | £42,898,842 | £18 | £101 | 279 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2064/65 | 35th | 26th | £67,000,000 | £59,997,993 | £20 | £110 | 290 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 1st KO Rnd | - |
| 2065/66 | 30th | 27th | £89,000,000 | £65,362,666 | £21 | £117 | 320 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | WINNERS |
| 2066/67 | 25th | 23rd | £130,000,000 | £96,851,861 | £27 | £200 | 431 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | WINNERS |
| 2067/68 | 22nd | 23rd | £164,000,000 | £103,049,418 | £29 | £218 | 487 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | 1st KO Rnd | - |
| 2068/69 | 18th | 23rd | £138,000,000 | £21,022,499 | £29 | £218 | 512 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Semis | 1st KO Rnd | - |
| 2069/70 | 17th | 19th | £141,000,000 | £64,426,487 | £30 | £222 | 542 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | WINNERS | - |
| 2070/71 | 17th | 15th | £165,000,000 | £43,390,981 | £33 | £250 | 779 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | Semi Finals |
| 2071/72 | 20th | 15th | £226,000,000 | £79,458,169 | £33 | £246 | 867 | CHAMPIONS | Group Stage | WINNERS | 1/4 Finals | - |
| 2072/73 | 19th | 18th | £308,000,000 | £76,920,868 | £33 | £246 | 892 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | WINNERS | - |
| 2073/74 | 12th | 12th | £342,000,000 | £79,726,066 | £36 | £267 | 1052 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Semis | WINNERS | - |
| 2074/75 | 9th | 8th | £274,000,000 | £108,812,216 | £39 | £288 | 1184 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | Semis | - |
|---------|-------------|----------|-------------|-------------|--------|--------|---------|-------------|--------------|------------|--------------|--------------|

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Season | Stadium | Capacity | Corporate | Training | Youth | Junior Coaching | Youth Recruitment |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2013/14 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Below Average | Average | Fairly Basic |
| 2014/15 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Below Average | Average | Fairly Basic |
| 2015/16 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Below Average | Average | Fairly Basic |
| 2016/17 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Below Average | Good | Fairly Basic |
| 2017/18 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Below Average | Good | Fairly Basic |
| 2018/19 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Adequate | Good | Fairly Basic |
| 2019/20 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Adequate | Good | Fairly Basic |
| 2020/21 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Basic | Adequate | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2021/22 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Basic | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2022/23 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2023/24 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2024/25 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2025/26 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2026/27 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2027/28 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2028/29 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2029/30 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2030/31 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2031/32 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2032/33 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2033/34 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2034/35 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2035/36 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2036/37 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2037/38 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2038/39 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2039/40 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Adequate | Good | Exceptional | Average |
| 2040/41 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Adequate | Good | Exceptional | Average |
| 2041/42 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Adequate | Good | Exceptional | Average |
| 2042/43 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Adequate | Good | Exceptional | Average |
| 2043/44 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Average | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2044/45 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Average | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2045/46 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Average | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2046/47 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Good | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2047/48 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Good | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2048/49 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Good | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2049/50 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Great | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2050/51 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Great | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2051/52 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Superb | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2052/53 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Superb | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2053/54 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Average |
| 2054/55 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Average |
| 2055/56 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Average |
| 2056/57 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2057/58 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2058/59 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Superb | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2059/60 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Superb | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2060/61 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Superb | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2061/62 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Above Average |
| 2062/63 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Above Average |
| 2063/64 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Above Average |
| 2064/65 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Average |
| 2065/66 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Average |
| 2066/67 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Above Average |
| 2067/68 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Above Average |
| 2068/69 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Excellent | Exceptional | Established |
| 2069/70 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Established |
| 2070/71 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Excellent | Top | Exceptional | Established |
| 2071/72 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Excellent | Top | Exceptional | Established |
| 2072/73 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Established |
| 2073/74 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Well Established |
| 2074/75 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Top | Top | Exceptional | Well Established |

|---------------------------------------------------|
| Season | CL | Rounds | EL | Rounds | Coefficient |
| 2014/15 | 1 | 1st | 1 | 1st | 54th |
| 2015/16 | 1 | 1st | 1 | 1st | 54th |
| 2016/17 | 1 | 1st | 1 | 1st | 54th |
| 2017/18 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2018/19 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2019/20 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 50th |
| 2020/21 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 48th |
| 2021/22 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 51st |
| 2022/23 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2023/24 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2024/25 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2025/26 | 1 | 1st | 1 | 1st | 54th |
| 2026/27 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 51st |
| 2027/28 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 47th |
| 2028/29 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 46th |
| 2029/30 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 47th |
| 2030/31 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 49th |
| 2031/32 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 49th |
| 2032/33 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2034/35 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2035/36 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 50th |
| 2036/37 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 41st |
| 2037/38 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 44th |
| 2038/39 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 48th |
| 2039/40 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 48th |
| 2040/41 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 48th |
| 2041/42 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 47th |
| 2042/43 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 43rd |
| 2043/44 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 45th |
| 2044/45 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 41st |
| 2045/46 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 43rd |
| 2046/47 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 43rd |
| 2047/48 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 43rd |
| 2048/49 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 47th |
| 2049/50 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 41st |
| 2050/51 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 41st |
| 2051/52 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 36th |
| 2052/53 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 33rd |
| 2053/54 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 33rd |
| 2054/55 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 32nd |
| 2055/56 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 31st |
| 2056/57 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 31st |
| 2057/58 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 33rd |
| 2058/59 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 32nd |
| 2059/60 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 32nd |
| 2060/61 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 30th |
| 2061/62 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 26th |
| 2062/63 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 23rd |
| 2063/64 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd | 19th |
| 2064/65 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd | 20th |
| 2065/66 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 22nd |
| 2066/67 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd | 21st |
| 2067/68 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd | 21st |
| 2068/69 | 2 | BP/3rd | 3 | PO/3/2 | 14th |
| 2069/70 | 2 | BP/3rd | 3 | PO/3/2 | 14th |
| 2070/71 | 2 | BP/3rd | 3 | PO/3/2 | 14th |
| 2071/72 | 2 | BP/3rd | 3 | PO/3/2 | 15th |
| 2072/73 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 3rd/2nd | 17th |
| 2073/74 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 3rd/2nd | 16th |
| 2074/75 | 2 | GS/3rd | 3 | PO/3/2 | 10th |
| 2075/76 | 2 | GS/3rd | 4 | PO/3/2 | 9th |
|----------------------------------------------------|

Irrelevant but I went to Gibralter last year to watch Hibs in a preseason friendly. We played against a Gibralter XI (Best players playing in Gib and best players from Gib I think it was?) and they were terrible. The place itself isn't very nice either but Andalucia is really nice and the rock is awesome. It was very surreal sitting in a stadium where there is a runway on one side which is clearly visible and a massive rock on the other which was clearly visible.

Yeah, the "stadium" is a bit of an odd one at the moment. The incoming Europa Point Stadium (ready in 2016 I believe) should make a difference, and mean they can actually play their games in their own country. I had hoped to visit next year for when Scotland face Gibraltar, but obviously it'll be the Algarve instead given it's a competitive game...shame, would've loved to have caught a Lincoln game too!

I am loving this story. when my current journeyman career finishe/becomes boring i think i may have a crack at Gibraltar. One question though. did you edit the league yourself or download an editded league file?

a forameuss career

Season 2075/76

Pre-season

I was rewarded this year with the largest transfer budget I had ever been offered. A massive 2 million in wages, and 121 million in transfers. Whether I'll actually be able to spend that, I'm not sure, but hopefully I can get the quality in that I need without having to spend that much.

Merchandise continued to sell well, with the added bonus of our tour of Asia. Seems they love a bit of Latrell over there. I've organised a tour of the United States for this pre-season, so will be interesting to see whether we get a boost from that too. The Lincoln Soccer Rocks.

In other news, I managed to persaude the board that we needed a stadium close to the entire population of Gibraltar. Unfortunately, they didn't push it quite to that level, but 3000-odd extra seats won't hurt. If non-season ticket holders fill those extra seats once they're ready, we'll be in for another £117k a match. Not massive amounts, but worth another 1-2 million a season.

And talking of money, we're now the 22nd richest club in the World, with a value of roughly a quarter of the richest club, Real Madrid. Making steady progress, and certainly a long way since our amateur days. We move up to 6th in the list of most reputable clubs, and remain 2nd in Europe.

Transfers

lORFkVG.png

Four signings, but they include a clear record for us. I'd noticed that our midfield had gotten a little weaker as Chris Walker winds his career to a close. Bernal will come in to provide some competition. Gary Stokes will be backup for our forward line. We probably didn't need him, but I wanted a certain type of player. With Latrell, we have outright pace and deadly finishing. With Zach Harvey, we have a mix of strength and speed. With Stokes, we have brutal strength. He'll be a different option for us. Finally, Lee McCourt joins us. Nardiello is undoubtedly our first choice left back, but if he gets injured, we're a bit light. McCourt can play there, or at center back, so a good option to have. I tasked my Director of Football to go out and find me some more players, but he could only come back with Jay Hendry. To be fair, he's the sort of backup goalkeeper we need. Much, much better than our youth products, but not good enough that he'll moan about not being able to challenge clear first choice MacMullan. Ideal.

However, the story of our summer was more about what you can't see, rather than what you can. First, although we only signed four players, believe me, this wasn't my intention. I don't think we've ever really signed a Galactico - someone we've paid through the nose for, but who is absolutely worth it. This summer, I intended to go to the biggest clubs in the World, and come back with one of their gems. But try as I might, I just couldn't get anyone to part with such a player. A big target was a striker who had even more pace than McDonnough. 20 acceleration, 19 pace, and the finishing skills to back those physicals up. Only 20 as well. I tried to negotiate with Chelsea, I really did, but turns out the minimum offer I could get them to accept was £200 million. I cancelled the transfer, of course, and we went without a jewel for this season.

But why was I trying to buy a player similar to Latrell McDonnough? Well, he came awfully close to leaving us. Man United came in with a bid of around £15 million. I rejected, so a few days later they came back with around 20. I negotiated a bit, but ended up demanding £50 million up front. I didn't think they would bite, but they did. Days later, he had agreed personal terms, and had packed his bags. But just as I was about to confirm the transfer, I had a change of heart. If I was going to let him go, it wouldn't be for just £50 million. I cancelled, and then pushed for 60. Funnily enough though, United didn't seem too bothered to give in to my demands any more. Although other teams tried to buy him, they couldn't afford what I wanted, and he stayed with us, remarkably not too angry with the fallen-through deal. I'll take that as a sign - he won't leave the club while I'm in charge.

Results

FkELeFN.png

LoACebc.png

BuIdbz1.png

3UJnzQq.png

We hang on to our top seed status, but only just. Dortmund or Inter would be tough draws, but we'll hope for Debrecen as a bottom seed.

ibC26WM.png

Well, we can't win 'em all...

gey0Vkb.png

I'm at a loss as to what happened here. We started out with a 4-0 win over a side who almost made it into pot 1. An unbelievable performance, full of pace and power, and we absolutely blew the Italians away. A win against Debrecen in the second game made us think that this group was ours for the taking.

Then we headed for the Ukraine, and wilted in Metalist's yard. A 4-0 dubbing, and one that I hoped was a blip. It wasn't, and they administered an absolute hammer-blow back in the Harvey Arena to leave us worrying about qualifying at all.

Our task was then simple - we had to win our final two games, including a trip to the San Siro. If we did that, it wouldn't matter about other results, and we'd go through in at least 2nd. If Inter could get something against Metalist, we'd manage top spot.

We won both our games, and sure enough, Inter grabbed a draw in the Ukraine to gift us the top spot we had almost thrown away. A massive sigh of relief, but one which soon disappeared as we were drawn against Newcastle in the next round. A very tough draw considering some we could have had.

IAOiJ0W.png

180 minutes punctuated by two wingers puts us through to the quarter finals. Weinstein's away goal was crucial, and it meant that we went back home knowing a clean-sheet would see us through. We managed to get into a two goal lead, but a late Newcastle goal got the nerves going. We held on, and moved into the quarters where we would face Roma.

m4vYzbV.png

Now that's more like it! The most convincing two legged performance we've managed in a while as we won both legs, and finished clear 6-3 winners. But even with such a good performance, something doesn't seem quite right in the team. We sat down for the semi-final draw hoping for a tie against Dortmund. Who were the other two in the draw? Villarreal and Barcelona. I don't fancy us over two legs against either of them, so Dortmund are the lesser of three evils.

But before we get to that, our domestic results.

d1OF77I.png

YNBqQML.png

56TSXhR.png

We haven't been this dominant in a while...

Back in the day, such a league table and sequence of results would be normal, but nowadays, it's quite an achievement. Whether the other sides were just not there or not, we stormed into an early title win, eventually taking our foot off the gas, drawing two, and winning the league by twelve points. It was perfect preparation for our Champions League semi final date.

But who would we be playing? Of course...it had to be Barcelona...

The only side ahead of us in terms of reputation in Europe, and the team we absolutely did not want to face. We'd have the first leg in Gibraltar, and the second at the scene of our first Champions League triumph. Time to stand up and be counted. Time to make ourselves heard. Time to...

MwELCPh.png

...get broken

Heart-breaking.

The way I saw it, we absolutely had to win the first leg, because Barcelona would be a much different proposition in their spiritual home. I was right, but we still didn't manage to get that win. I was hopeful going into the second leg. The cry was "keep it tight", but after 3 minutes, we were 2-0 down, and needing 3 just to draw level. They added a 3rd in the 10th minute, and by then the writing was on the wall. We got a consolation in the closing minutes, but by that point they were 7-0 up. And they could have had more.

Probably the most disappointing result we've ever had.

European Performance

2075/76

Champions League Best Placed Third Qualifying Round

Olympiakos 3 - 3 Lynx FC (Olympiakos advance on away goals)

Lions Pilots 1 - 0 Istra 1961

Red Imps 4 - 1 Locomotiv Moscow

Videoton 1 - 2 Lions Pilots

Glacis United 1 - 4 Freiburg

Cremonese 3 - 3 Leo Parrilla (Leo Parrilla advance on away goals)

Red Imps 2 - 1 Stromsgodset

Lions Pilots 4 -2 Bordeaux

Europa League Group Stage

Lions Pilots - 1st - W3/D1/L2 (Fenerbahce, Viktoria Plzen, Braga)

Leo Parrilla - 4th - W0/D3/L3 (Sampdoria, Dynamo Kiev, Basel)

Red Imps - 4th - W2/D1/L3 (FC Bayern, Derry City, Anderlecht)

Europa League First Knockout Round

Lions Pilots 4 - 3 SK Rapid Wien

Europa League Second Knockout Round

Lions Pilots 1 - 2 Zenit

Lions Pilots couldn't quite match their semi-final from last year, knocked out by Zenit this time. For the first time, we boasted three sides in the group stages of the Europa League, but disappointingly, 2 of them finished bottom of the group. The Imps were unlucky, with their 7 points coming in a very tight group. One more draw probably would have swung it for them, but it wasn't to be.

Looking to the Future

Well...this part needs its own post...

Historic Stats

| Season | League Rep | Club Rep | Value | Balance | Ticket | Season | Tickets | League | League Cup | Rock Cup | C. League | E. League |
| 2013/14 | 208th | - | | £50,000 | £6 | £30 | - | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 1st Qual. | - |
| 2014/15 | 208th | - | | £400,000 | £6 | £30 | - | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 1st Qual. | - |
| 2015/16 | 218th | 773rd | £900,000 | £610,000 | £6 | £30 | 67 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2016/17 | 204th | 478th | £875,000 | £800,000 | £6 | £30 | 69 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Quarters | 1st Qual. | - |
| 2017/18 | 215th | 442nd | £1,200,000 | £1,616,269 | £6 | £30 | 69 | CHAMPIONS | Semis | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2018/19 | 204th | 390th | £1,500,000 | £1,439,979 | £6 | £30 | 69 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2019/20 | 177th | 318th | £1,800,000 | £1,785,076 | £6 | £30 | 70 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2020/21 | 178th | 303rd | £725,000 | £671,576 | £6 | £32 | 70 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2021/22 | 185th | 305th | £1,200,000 | £1,130,766 | £6 | £33 | 70 | CHAMPIONS | Group Stage | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2022/23 | 195th | 283rd | £1,000,000 | £816,454 | £6 | £33 | 71 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Runners-up | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2023/24 | 209th | 287th | £1,500,000 | £1,260,895 | £6 | £33 | 71 | CHAMPIONS | Semis | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2024/25 | 251st | 287th | £1,800,000 | £1,612,489 | £5 | £30 | 72 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | Quarters | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2025/26 | 249th | 286th | £2,700,000 | £2,453,908 | £5 | £30 | 75 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | Quarters | 3rd Qual. | Playoff |
| 2026/27 | 202nd | 274th | £2,800,000 | £2,538,846 | £6 | £33 | 77 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | Semis | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2027/28 | 173rd | 273rd | £2,900,000 | £2,693,189 | £6 | £33 | 79 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Semis | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2028/29 | 127th | 284th | £2,200,000 | £2,032,905 | £7 | £36 | 80 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2029/30 | 129th | 281st | £1,100,000 | £948,588 | £7 | £40 | 84 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Runners-up | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2030/31 | 176th | 282nd | £800,000 | £567,483 | £7 | £37 | 88 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | 2nd Round | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2031/32 | 208th | 307th | £650,000 | £463,657 | £7 | £37 | 96 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2032/33 | 225th | 311th | £500,000 | £320,088 | £6 | £34 | 103 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2033/34 | 206th | 333rd | £750,000 | £502,304 | £6 | £34 | 103 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2034/35 | 185th | 339th | £3,900,000 | £3,715,594 | £7 | £37 | 110 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd Qual. | 4th in Group |
| 2035/36 | 135th | 234th | £3,200,000 | £2,977,575 | £7 | £40 | 114 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Runners-up | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2036/37 | 116th | 236th | £1,900,000 | £1,698,560 | £7 | £40 | 118 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | 2nd Round | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2037/38 | 161st | 241st | £4,100,000 | £3,941,362 | £7 | £39 | 122 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | 2nd Round | Playoff | 4th in Group |
| 2038/39 | 192nd | 213th | £5,250,000 | £4,997,978 | £7 | £39 | 125 | CHAMPIONS | Semis | 2nd Round | 3rd Qual. | 4th in Group |
| 2039/40 | 203rd | 195th | £6,500,000 | £5,756,063 | £7 | £40 | 131 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd Qual. | Playoff |
| 2040/41 | 202nd | 235th | £5,500,000 | £4,912,031 | £8 | £42 | 135 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | 2nd Round | 3rd Qual. | Playoff |
| 2041/42 | 177th | 220th | £3,700,000 | £2,956,190 | £8 | £42 | 142 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Runners-up | 2nd Qual. | - |
| 2042/43 | 175th | 225th | £10,250,000 | £9,492,009 | £8 | £42 | 126 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | Semis | 4th in Group | - |
| 2043/44 | 116th | 178th | £12,250,000 | £11,173,660 | £9 | £47 | 149 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | 2nd Round | Playoff | 4th in Group |
| 2044/45 | 135th | 183rd | £9,500,000 | £8,103,140 | £8 | £46 | 156 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd Qual. | Playoff |
| 2045/46 | 171st | 183rd | £5,000,000 | £3,853,103 | £8 | £47 | 156 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd Qual. | Playoff |
| 2046/47 | 176th | 188th | £4,300,000 | £3,853,103 | £9 | £49 | 166 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd Qual. | 4th in Group |
| 2047/48 | 214th | 183rd | £12,250,000 | £10,533,973 | £8 | £46 | 169 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2048/49 | 220th | 183rd | £12,250,000 | £8,431,124 | £8 | £47 | 170 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | Playoff | 4th in Group |
| 2049/50 | 192nd | 191st | £14,250,000 | £11,651,607 | £9 | £51 | 176 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2050/51 | 156th | 157th | £20,000,000 | £17,319,187 | £10 | £54 | 179 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2051/52 | 118th | 154th | £22,000,000 | £18,109,846 | £10 | £56 | 182 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2052/53 | 107th | 87th | £21,500,000 | £17,168,167 | £11 | £59 | 185 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2053/54 | 97th | 84th | £19,500,000 | £13,243,551 | £11 | £63 | 187 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2054/55 | 90th | 73rd | £23,500,000 | £16,919,799 | £12 | £65 | 193 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2055/56 | 85th | 75th | £24,500,000 | £18,116,106 | £12 | £67 | 199 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2056/57 | 85th | 76th | £23,500,000 | £16,542,451 | £12 | £67 | 204 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2057/58 | 81st | 76th | £25,000,000 | £19,122,856 | £12 | £67 | 209 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Runners-up | 4th in Group | - |
| 2058/59 | 76th | 65th | £24,000,000 | £18,974,460 | £12 | £69 | 223 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | 1/4 Finals |
| 2059/60 | 70th | 49th | £25,000,000 | £17,435,346 | £13 | £74 | 233 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | 1/4 Finals |
| 2060/61 | 64th | 38th | £29,000,000 | £24,272,313 | £14 | £81 | 253 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | 1/4 Finals |
| 2061/62 | 54th | 32nd | £64,000,000 | £54,528,774 | £16 | £90 | 261 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | Semi Finals |
| 2062/63 | 50th | 25th | £43,000,000 | £33,087,373 | £17 | £97 | 269 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 1st KO Rnd | - |
| 2063/64 | 42nd | 21st | £53,000,000 | £42,898,842 | £18 | £101 | 279 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 4th in Group | - |
| 2064/65 | 35th | 26th | £67,000,000 | £59,997,993 | £20 | £110 | 290 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 1st KO Rnd | - |
| 2065/66 | 30th | 27th | £89,000,000 | £65,362,666 | £21 | £117 | 320 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | WINNERS |
| 2066/67 | 25th | 23rd | £130,000,000 | £96,851,861 | £27 | £200 | 431 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | WINNERS |
| 2067/68 | 22nd | 23rd | £164,000,000 | £103,049,418 | £29 | £218 | 487 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | 1st KO Rnd | - |
| 2068/69 | 18th | 23rd | £138,000,000 | £21,022,499 | £29 | £218 | 512 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Semis | 1st KO Rnd | - |
| 2069/70 | 17th | 19th | £141,000,000 | £64,426,487 | £30 | £222 | 542 | CHAMPIONS | Runners-Up | WINNERS | WINNERS | - |
| 2070/71 | 17th | 15th | £165,000,000 | £43,390,981 | £33 | £250 | 779 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | 3rd in Group | Semi Finals |
| 2071/72 | 20th | 15th | £226,000,000 | £79,458,169 | £33 | £246 | 867 | CHAMPIONS | Group Stage | WINNERS | 1/4 Finals | - |
| 2072/73 | 19th | 18th | £308,000,000 | £76,920,868 | £33 | £246 | 892 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | WINNERS | - |
| 2073/74 | 12th | 12th | £342,000,000 | £79,726,066 | £36 | £267 | 1052 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | Semis | WINNERS | - |
| 2074/75 | 9th | 8th | £274,000,000 | £108,812,216 | £39 | £288 | 1184 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | Semis | - |
| 2075/76 | 8th | 11th | £554,000,000 | £110,090,052 | £39 | £288 | 1248 | CHAMPIONS | WINNERS | WINNERS | Semis | - |

| Season | Stadium | Capacity | Corporate | Training | Youth | Junior Coaching | Youth Recruitment |
| 2013/14 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Below Average | Average | Fairly Basic |
| 2014/15 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Below Average | Average | Fairly Basic |
| 2015/16 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Below Average | Average | Fairly Basic |
| 2016/17 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Below Average | Good | Fairly Basic |
| 2017/18 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Below Average | Good | Fairly Basic |
| 2018/19 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Adequate | Good | Fairly Basic |
| 2019/20 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Poor | Adequate | Good | Fairly Basic |
| 2020/21 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Basic | Adequate | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2021/22 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Basic | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2022/23 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2023/24 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2024/25 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2025/26 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2026/27 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2027/28 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Average | Excellent | Fairly Basic |
| 2028/29 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2029/30 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2030/31 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2031/32 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2032/33 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2033/34 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2034/35 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2035/36 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2036/37 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2037/38 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2038/39 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Below Average | Adequate | Exceptional | Fairly Basic |
| 2039/40 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Adequate | Good | Exceptional | Average |
| 2040/41 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Adequate | Good | Exceptional | Average |
| 2041/42 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Adequate | Good | Exceptional | Average |
| 2042/43 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Adequate | Good | Exceptional | Average |
| 2043/44 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Average | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2044/45 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Average | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2045/46 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Average | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2046/47 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Good | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2047/48 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Good | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2048/49 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Good | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2049/50 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Great | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2050/51 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Great | Great | Exceptional | Average |
| 2051/52 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Superb | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2052/53 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Superb | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2053/54 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Average |
| 2054/55 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Average |
| 2055/56 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Average |
| 2056/57 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2057/58 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2058/59 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Superb | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2059/60 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Superb | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2060/61 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Superb | Superb | Exceptional | Average |
| 2061/62 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Above Average |
| 2062/63 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Above Average |
| 2063/64 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Above Average |
| 2064/65 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Average |
| 2065/66 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Average |
| 2066/67 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Above Average |
| 2067/68 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Above Average |
| 2068/69 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Excellent | Exceptional | Established |
| 2069/70 | Victoria Stadium | 5000 (2000 seated) | Basic | Top | Top | Exceptional | Established |
| 2070/71 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Excellent | Top | Exceptional | Established |
| 2071/72 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Excellent | Top | Exceptional | Established |
| 2072/73 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Established |
| 2073/74 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Excellent | Excellent | Exceptional | Well Established |
| 2074/75 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Top | Top | Exceptional | Well Established |
| 2075/76 | Harvey Arena | 20000 all seater | Good | Top | Top | Exceptional | Well Established |

| Season | CL | Rounds | EL | Rounds | Coefficient |
| 2014/15 | 1 | 1st | 1 | 1st | 54th |
| 2015/16 | 1 | 1st | 1 | 1st | 54th |
| 2016/17 | 1 | 1st | 1 | 1st | 54th |
| 2017/18 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2018/19 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2019/20 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 50th |
| 2020/21 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 48th |
| 2021/22 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 51st |
| 2022/23 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2023/24 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2024/25 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2025/26 | 1 | 1st | 1 | 1st | 54th |
| 2026/27 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 51st |
| 2027/28 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 47th |
| 2028/29 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 46th |
| 2029/30 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 47th |
| 2030/31 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 49th |
| 2031/32 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 49th |
| 2032/33 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2034/35 | 1 | 1st | 2 | 1st | 52nd |
| 2035/36 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 50th |
| 2036/37 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 41st |
| 2037/38 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 44th |
| 2038/39 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 48th |
| 2039/40 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 48th |
| 2040/41 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 48th |
| 2041/42 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 47th |
| 2042/43 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 43rd |
| 2043/44 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 45th |
| 2044/45 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 41st |
| 2045/46 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 43rd |
| 2046/47 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 43rd |
| 2047/48 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 43rd |
| 2048/49 | 1 | 1st | 3 | 1st | 47th |
| 2049/50 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 41st |
| 2050/51 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 41st |
| 2051/52 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 36th |
| 2052/53 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 33rd |
| 2053/54 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 33rd |
| 2054/55 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 32nd |
| 2055/56 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 31st |
| 2056/57 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 31st |
| 2057/58 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 1st | 33rd |
| 2058/59 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 32nd |
| 2059/60 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 32nd |
| 2060/61 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 30th |
| 2061/62 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 26th |
| 2062/63 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 23rd |
| 2063/64 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd | 19th |
| 2064/65 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd | 20th |
| 2065/66 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd/1st | 22nd |
| 2066/67 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd | 21st |
| 2067/68 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 2nd | 21st |
| 2068/69 | 2 | BP/3rd | 3 | PO/3/2 | 14th |
| 2069/70 | 2 | BP/3rd | 3 | PO/3/2 | 14th |
| 2070/71 | 2 | BP/3rd | 3 | PO/3/2 | 14th |
| 2071/72 | 2 | BP/3rd | 3 | PO/3/2 | 15th |
| 2072/73 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 3rd/2nd | 17th |
| 2073/74 | 1 | 2nd | 3 | 3rd/2nd | 16th |
| 2074/75 | 2 | GS/3rd | 3 | PO/3/2 | 10th |
| 2075/76 | 2 | GS/3rd | 4 | PO/3/2 | 9th |
| 2076/77 | 2 | GS/3rd | 4 | PO/3/2 | 8th |
|----------------------------------------------------|

I am loving this story. when my current journeyman career finishe/becomes boring i think i may have a crack at Gibraltar. One question though. did you edit the league yourself or download an editded league file?

it's the official SI one. Someone had an unofficial one that I dabbled in, but it was pretty rubbish. The official one is better, but there's a few changes I'd make before I started another attempt. Like adding reserve leagues, sorting out a few of the odd stadium choices etc. It wouldn't be strictly real life, but there are a few things that make this attempt a bit rubbish. I'd also add Gibraltar as FIFA members so they accumulate ranking points. Still wouldn't be in the World Cup, but it's a bit annoying not really being able to tell the national teams progress.

I would recommend the country though - you can absolutely fly through the years, and it's a slow burner in terms of getting success. Feels pretty good when you achieve something too!

a forameuss career

Max Harvey Leaves Lincoln!

1YVq6fI.png

Gibraltarian football was in shock today as the World's longest serving manager left Lincoln following their Rock Cup success. The 88-year-old Scotsman had been dropping hints over the past few years that his time in the game may br drawing to a close, but he hadn't given any concrete confirmations of leaving the club. But now, just the day after Lincoln won their 56th Rock Cup trophy, a press conference was hastily arranged at the stadium named after the man himself. In the still simple media room, Max Harvey sat with chairman Ko Wing Keung and announced his decision to leave the club.

It is with a very heavy heart that I announce my resignation from this great football club, after sixty-three years at the helm. I joined this club as a fresh-faced 26-year-old with no experience, and I leave them as one of the greatest clubs in the World. I will be forever grateful to Kyle Ramagge [the late ex-Lincoln Chairman] for giving me the opportunity to manage here, and I hope that he's been up there enjoying our success as much as I have.

When asked for the reasons behind his resignation, Harvey was surprisingly frank.

It's been on the cards for a while to be honest. As you'll all know, I'm not a young man, and although I'd love to stay forever, I know that things would come to an end eventually. I would much rather do that on my own terms, and be able to come into this room, and tell you all myself, rather than through a eulogy. The past few seasons have been a real struggle, and two consecutive semi-final exits in the Champions League have hurt me personally more than you could understand. When Barcelona scored their third goal in the Nou Camp a few weeks ago, I realised that my decision had been made.

Current Lincoln Chairman Ko Wing Keung also had this to say about his departing manager.

I couldn't have wished for a better manager at this club. When I arrived, we were a side on the fringes of European competition. Now, 15 years later, we have won the Europa League twice, the Club World Cup three times, and the Champions League three times. That is more than I could have ever hoped for. If the next manager can achieve half of what the man sitting next to me has, then I'll be extremely happy.

Despite being frank about his reasons for leaving, Max Harvey was far more guarded around his future plans. The general consensus is that the managing great will retire, but he would neither confirm nor deny this. There was a hint of a smile, and a twinkle in the eye, however, that left the reporters in the room wondering what comes next.

a forameuss career

retirement-sign.jpg

Well, I don't think I'm quite ready to take that next exit...

We're now in 2076, which means that we've just finished a European Championship. England, having won the World Cup two years ago, fell at the quarter finals stage surprisingly. Their manager stepped down, and it suddenly seemed like fate. A chance to manage McDonnough and friends again as I finish my career.

nxQPwEj.png

But that annoys me. In the past few editions of the game, I've never managed to get the England job, and I suspect it's down to me being Scottish. But there was more fallout from the Euros, and several other jobs came up...

E651dQy.png

ihlpEOc.png

Spain. 4th in the World, and certainly tempting.

1UIDtOg.png

France. 7th in the World. Again, tempting.

3MnYJ5T.png

Belgium. 28th in the World. Not as tempting as the other two, but an outside bet.

But you know what? I'm just feeling a bit meh about them. If it was earlier in my career, they'd be a brilliant start, but I want a job that means something. England would have been me managing old friends, so that would be perfect. There's only one other job that would be more perfect...

ClXaKzG.png

KswvvpH.png

This is THE job. Although I have English blood through one parent and three grandparents, I would have loved the England job for reasons already outlined. But the Scotland job? That's the zenith. On FM13, I completed my Tetradecagon attempt by 2056, while still in charge of Scotland. I left Juventus - my club side at the time - and made the World Cup in France my swansong. In my last match in football before I retired, we won the World Cup, beating Spain in the final. Could history repeat itself?

hampden_front.jpg

Max Harvey is coming to Hampden.

0HEJcfe.png

Currently we're 15th in the World, which is pretty good, and certainly has room for improvement.

KUqSpsi.png

This year's results are very positive. With the exception of that defeat by Austria, they had a fantastic Euros tournament, beating Spain in the groups. Itching to get stuck in with them.

So what's in the future for the team?

xf5wIb3.png

The board want me to reach at least the play-offs for the World Cup, which means finishing second of course. And why do the board believe that 2nd is our aim? Because there's a certain other side in our group...

3fTm90q.png

You just could not write this, could you? We'll face the side that turned me down in the qualifying, and it's surely down to one of the two of us for top spot.

This looks like a film script! What are Scotland's key players (GK, DC, MC, FC)?

I got a bit ahead of myself, so the save has advanced by quite a bit. I'll update more in detail on the players if I make it to the World Cup.

a forameuss career

316px-Scotland_national_football_team_logo_2014.svg.png

My first job when I arrived was to bring in the sort of staff who can really push us forward. On day 1, all we had was me, a nd if there's one thing I love, it's delegation. So I had to fill up those spots.

AeSOkM4.png

VVU5Qzz.png

xL866xt.png

3PQXwyO.png

6nhpEdF.png

o0feFwC.png

CM9zTPv.png

A good mix there, but it's basically the best candidates that answered my ads. Chiappa came from Lincoln (not intentionally, just a happy accident).

Then it was time to arrange some friendlies in the gaps in the schedule.

63LmQxQ.png

oSYn4Sj.png

I'll return to Gibraltar for what will end up being by 2200th game in football, and then a home double-header against Holland and Russia next summer.

BTrMk5U.png

Currently we sit at 15th in the rankings, and we've been pretty consistent over the past couple of years. We haven't qualified for a World Cup in over twenty years, but our Euro 2074 qualifying exploits pushed us up to the position we now find ourselves in.

a forameuss career

89d6wIn.png

A solid start to our campaign as Denmark roll over in Glasgow to give us our first win. It's certainly a baptism of fire - Denmark are third seeds, and next up midweek it's top seeds England...crunch.

m3U81Ah.png

What a result.

It wasn't quite the resounding up yours I was hoping for to give my once prospective employers, but it was enough to possibly give us a slight edge in the race for qualification. England still have to go to Hampden to face us, remember, and we'll make that a tough match for them. Still though, it's hard to draw any sort of conclusions after only 2 games.

37Rv82j.png

Just not good enough.

I would expect such results away, possibly, but at Hampden, we should be winning these games. So disappointing after a draw at Wembley to lose ground already. It's not the end of the World, but it's play-off place form, at best.

Js9FBcN.png

That's more like it. Just Faroe Islands left to play in the group, and we're up at the top with England. These are the sorts of games Scotland would probably trip up on in the present day, so to emphatically seal such a victory was a big boost.

minEyPS.png

England two points ahead with four games played, but the picture will become a lot clearer once we face them at Hampden next Autumn. Faroe Islands up next, to round off 2076...

0p5ZwVj.png

Again, much more like it. We reach the half-way point unbeaten, only regretting one match.

VRHTzCC.png

Finely poised. England continue strongly, and they remain favourites. Remember, they're the reigning World Cup Champions, they're going to prove very tough to bring down, even at home.

Finally, to round off the year, and to mark my 2200th game, I returned to Gibraltar.

tzUWnah.png

After all the fanfare, it was a pretty turgid game, and kind of worrying that we failed to score against them. But I do remain unbeaten as Scotland manager for the time being.

a forameuss career

So as we pass beyond the half-way point, we're in a pretty good position. I've said many times what the key game is, but we have to keep going in the other ones. If we lose in one of our other games, it might not matter what we do against England. A play-off place isn't the end of the World, but it's a lottery we don't want to deal with.

KWmteIB.png

And that is not the best start.

Denmark are easily the third best team in the group, so it's not a terrible result in isolation, but it moves us further behind England in the standings. March only has one game, with two double headers left to go, and next up it's England.

MqBA8hx.png

Alright, not truly next up, because before then we had two friendlies. Russia was one I scheduled, to see how we would do against a side high up the rankings. Pretty well in fact, a hard-fought 2-1 win at Hampden to prepare us for our Autumn battles.

CiPCASh.png

We then travelled to Moldova for a comfortable victory.

V5YkTwc.png

YAAAAASS!

I can't emphasise what a good first half we had. What I can do, is tell you that it was almost as bad as our second half performance. The home fans were sent into raptures as we raced into a 3-0 lead just after the half hour mark. At half-time, it seemed like we were far more likely to disappear further into the distance rather than get pegged back, but then I seemed to screw up the team-talk.

We kept it fairly tight until the 71st minute, when they got a goal back. Nine minutes later, they got another, and suddenly everything turned a bit nightmarish. It was a proper backs to the wall performance as white shirts descended on us, but we held firm, managed to keep them from scoring again, and turned the group on its head. But we needed to turn our eyes to Tuesday, away to Macedonia. Lose that, and all our hard work is gone.

ig70rwW.png

We are on the brink.

We had such a good first half against England the game before, but this time we were pretty rusty. Going in at half-time at 0-0, I told the players that they needed to do much better. That was an understatement, but about the harshest I could be with them in FM terms. Four minutes into the second half, we won a penalty, and Ewan Dalglish got us on our way. It was like a massive weight had been lifted, and we went on to win it 4-1.

zLEu7DY.png

With two games to go, we're top, and with games against Azerbaijan and the Faroe Islands still to go, you'd fancy our chances of closing it out. You could be forgiven for betting against us though, knowing Scotland's history...

a forameuss career

Two matches to go, an Autumn battle at Hampden against Azerbaijan, and then a trip to the Faroe Islands to - hopefully at least - secure qualification.

mibSCxO.png

A very impressive performance.

We raced into a 3-0 lead, just like we did against England, and things looked like they would just drift to a conclusion. When they got a goal back early on, a bit of panic set in, but only for about sixty seconds. We got a quick-fire double to take our total to five. I know it's not the strongest opposition, but those two goals really give me hope.

So we travelled to the Faroes still a point ahead, knowing a win would guarantee us top spot. A draw might do, but it's unlikely, as I expect England to add another three points.

1UO7dzt.png

Job done.

Ewan Dalglish got two early goals, and the rest was history. We added two more, but the travelling fans had started the party a lot earlier. England did win their game, but of course, it wasn't enough.

xI0HDS9.png

Nfi66TY.png

England grab a play-off place thanks to their very good points total.

a forameuss career

As we moved into November, we could relax a little. We had friendlies scheduled against Australia and next summer's World Cup hosts Portugal, so it will be a nice test. But it's not so much trouble if we lose. Compare that to England, who have to fight for their World Cup lives against Austria in the playoffs.

amqV1f3.png

u7zcbXo.png

We remain unbeaten, and I'm happy enough with the performances. The next time we meet up will be in March for a friendly, before we name our squad and play a few games before the World Cup itself starts.

Talking of the World Cup...

ljrCChZ.png

England almost blew it. After a 0-0 draw at Wembley, they got the away goal they needed, but it was fine margins. A goal for Austria would have changed things, but they held on. It really has been a bit of a comedown from four years ago. Back then, they were World Champions. Two years later, they were out in the quarter finals of the Euros, and now they've scraped through to the World Cup. Will it be redemption in Portugal?

a forameuss career

world-cup-trophy.jpg

The draw is upon us, and we'll find out who exactly we'll be meeting in the group stage. Unfortunately, we were just one place away from ending up as a top seed. The geographical nature of the draw means that there's usually a separation of all the European sides. Instead, we've been drawn in pot 2.

yK88UrR.png

EyN3fmW.png

JpZjDjW.png

nReqBDb.png

We'll face at least one European side from pot 4, and it's highly likely we'll get one from pot 1 too, unless we get Mexico, Brazil or Argentina.

t5zAMmB.png

yKOS2om.png

And there we have it. Argentina will be a very tough team to beat, and I can't say I'm looking forward to playing an energetic Ivory Coast side, or even Slovakia. We'll see how we get on.

2gcKyR2.png

Here's our fixtures right up to the Cup. We'll face North Korea at Hampden before we head off to Portugal, then face the hosts themselves in Lisbon. Then it's two matches against local clubs before starting off against Argentina on the 15th of June.

Epic qualification and what a win against England! Best of luck in Portugal, though you'll need to finish top of that group to avoid Germany in the 1st knockout round :/

a forameuss career

world-cup-trophy.jpg

World Cup Warm-ups

nI2J4nj.png

Deary me...

I picked this match as a "winnable" game before we headed South to Portugal, to give the Scottish fans who won't be travelling (if any) a chance to wave us off. In the end, it wasn't waving they were doing. The North Koreans, to their credit, came over and put in a great performance. We had most of the game, but they stood firm under pressure, got two goals, and they go back home with a win over a very highly ranked side. Well done to them.

Perhaps worryingly is the slight injury to Cramb. He'll be such an important player for us, so it'll be squeaky bum time as we see how badly he's hurt.

Wa7eQhO.png

It gets worse.

This wasn't anywhere near as winnable as the previous game, but we still need to be putting in better performances than this. We were pretty abject, and Portugal didn't need to get out of second gear.

eNYmzby.png

thGCQit.png

In our final two fixtures, we finally managed to pick up some momentum and win. It's not the best preparation I've ever had for a tournament, but it'll have to do. Soon we have to face the might of Argentina...

a forameuss career

world-cup-trophy.jpg

World Cup Group Stage

World Cup Group H - Argentina 2 - 2 Scotland

A battle befitting the opening match of a group as Argentina and ourselves battered lumps out of each other. Our first half performance was a joy to behold, and until just after the hour mark it looked like we might pull off an unlikely victory. But then Caballero popped up to get a goal back. We tried to tighten things up at the back, and almost managed to hold out before Caballero added a second with a minute to go. Bitterly disappointing, but a draw is not a bad result.

World Cup Group H - Ivory Coast 2 - 2 Slovakia

Neither team can edge ahead in the group as the score from our match is matched. All square after round 1.

World Cup Group H - Ivory Coast 0 - 1 Scotland

A priceless, priceless victory in the second match of the group. This is often the match that makes or breaks your campaign, but at least with our draw against Argentina, we couldn't be sent home after this. A win puts us right in amongst it, and once again it's Ewan Dalglish.

World Cup Group H - Argentina 3 - 0 Slovakia

A hammer-blow for Slovakia, but a recovery of sorts for Argentina. They draw level with us at the top, but edge just ahead on goal difference. However, any team can still go through going into the final round of games. That heavy defeat though means that Slovakia have to absolutely batter us in the final game to have a chance, or hope that the Ivory Coast can do similar.

World Cup Group H - Slovakia 1 - 0 Scotland

World Cup Group H - Ivory Coast 2 - 2 Argentina

Uh-oh...

Our fairly unremarkable group stage goes on with a pretty dour 1-0 defeat to Slovakia. Their 5 man-midfield smothered us, and their three at the back seemed to work pretty well too, limiting us and meaning we had no shots on target. In the other match, Ivory Coast couldn't get the win they needed against Argentina, but put up a very spirited display. Thanks to other results, Argentina are through as group winners, and we sneak through in second thanks solely to our draw against Argentina. Slovakia's heavy defeat pretty much stymied their attempt, and if it wasn't us that made it through instead, I'd feel a lot of sympathy.

yIJYItA.png

We'll play the winners of Group G in the second round...

a forameuss career

world-cup-trophy.jpg

World Cup Group Stage Round-up

Group A

yLBWCka.png

First group, and first shock. The hosts are out, managing just two points in three games. It was a tough group, yes, but Portugal would have surely hoped to have done better. The match against Honduras - which opened the competition - is surely their Senegal 2002. Talking of France, they breezed through their last two games, but that defeat against Uruguay will hurt. They survive to fight once more.

Group B

xI1hEb7.png

A lot of goals in a group that Italy absolutely dominated. Their two comfortable wins against Chile and South Korea secured them top spot, and left an interesting battle for second place. South Korea took it by one single goal, with three sides locked on three points. Fine margins.

Group C

Q02ZJDU.png

The shocks keep coming as much-fancied Brazil follow language-buddies Portugal out of the tournament. The UAE were the whipping boys, but much like Group B, it was all between three teams. Brazil ended up being put out on goals scored, something they struggled with all through their games. Brazil scored one against the UAE, and Croatia got three. That's the difference.

Group D

CVvDC4B.png

An American flavour to the group as Mexico and Colombia go through fairly comfortably.

Group E

i4YIasr.png

Dropping like highly-ranked flies. Holland - ranked top of the world before the tournament - end up eliminated thanks to domination from Turkey and a defeat by South Africa. That opening game ended up being the difference, but South Africa gave a pretty good account of themselves anyway. They deserve to go through. Turkey look extremely dangerous though.

Group F

B6RMEw4.png

England may have struggled to get to the Cup, but they've done alright to get through the group. They will be absolutely kicking themselves that they've missed out on top spot though. USA could have sneaked through in second providing Turkey didn't beat Wales in the final game. They did their part, but Turkey battered Wales to move beyond both USA and England and take top spot. Northern Africa Celebrate.

Group G

HhoFlZm.png

Our opponents are decided, and it's not who you think. 4th ranked Germany join Brazil, Portugal and Holland on the naughty step after some pretty abject displays. Just like Holland, their opening game did them in. Ghana take second place ahead of them pretty much thanks to their win. Which means we'll play the Ukraine, who won the group fairly comfortably.

a forameuss career

world-cup-trophy.jpg

World Cup First Knockout Round

dmJNPOV.png

World Cup Quarter Final

zEpd4eT.png

World Cup Semi Final

8wgYDz6.png

Let's face it, we've stank out this tournament in the quarter and semi finals. Two terrible 0-0 draws that we've managed to edge on penalties on both occasions. We looked pretty good in the first knockout round, racing into a 3-0 lead before being pegged back. We must have used up all our goals though.

So all that means that we'll face Turkey in Lisbon for the World Cup. Scotland's first World Cup final...

Good luck, but this would have to be one of the worst ever World Cup victories if you won! Not that you would care of course!

I should be offended, but unfortunately you're absolutely right! We have stunk out this World Cup, and I can't even say that other sides have too. Whenever I think like that though, I just imagine what I would personally feel like if Scotland were ever in this position in my lifetime. That soon shuts up any doubts!

a forameuss career

world-cup-trophy.jpg

World Cup Final

Flagsmall.GIFscottish_flag_small.gif

Turkey vs Scotland

Estadio Nacional, Lisbon

tumblr_m3ll0xJ71C1qdnrgdo1_1280.jpg

37 days ago 37,000 fans packed in to the famous Portuguese national stadium to watch the hosts Portugal take on Honduras. 62 matches and 171 goals later, we're back to where we started, with Scotland and Turkey ready to battle for the right to lift the famous trophy.

5gIDNTZ.png

Turkey remain favourites for this match, but you wouldn't count out the Scots. Many fans have claimed that the latter have contributed to one of the worst knockout stages in the history of the World Cup, but the thousands of Tartan Army footsoldiers will not care one bit. They are in this final, and they have a good chance of leaving with the trophy.

Turkey have slipped somewhat under the radar thanks to Scotland's uninspiring record this summer. The Turks last qualified for the World Cup back in 2054, missing the tournaments in 2058, 2062, 2066, 2070 and 2074. On that occasion, they could only reach the 2nd round. Their best showing was in 2030, when they finished fourth, losing the semi-final to Switzerland, and then the 3rd place playoff to the Ukraine. It's fair to say that no-one expected them to reach the final, but they have absolutely deserved to.

Scotland last reached this tournament four years after Turkey, in 2058, but their record has been worse. They've only made it out of the group stage once, in 2054, and their journey was ended at the 2nd round. So we have two maiden final appearances, and we're guaranteed a new Champion.

Pundits around the World are favouring Turkey, and most single out Roma striker Abdulbaki Balci as the danger man. He'll certainly be the man the Scots are most worried about, but assistant Grabl expects to attack straight from the off. Eyebrows were raised with that comment, especially given Scotland's record in the quarter and semi final where they failed to record a single goal.

YCKi78x.png

M84nsP8.png

Hahahaha, omg, I can't believe it! Well done on winning the World Cup, what a fairytale ending to this huge career! Funfact: You beat Uruguay as the team with least victories to win the World Cup (they had 3 out of 4), you had 2 out of 7.

Archived