The Hearts and Hibs thread, the bridesmaids of Scottish football

Eleanor_Rigby

Not too bad results last night. Didn't expect anything from the Rangers game tbh but expected Hibs to turn over Caley.

Still only 6pts going into this weekends games when Hibs face Celtic and we have Dunfermline. Results in our favour and the race hots up icon14.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Right err so we really should be in the final seeing as we are better than the arabs as our 4-1 humping of them at tannadice would suggest.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remind me who put you out the other cup?

Thread title - bridesmaids?!?!?!

Surely more like pageboy or flowergirl !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Diddy cup icon_razz.gif

This one is a wee bit different I think you'll agree.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye - bet you were saying that when livi raped your sorry asses last year and 35k hivees came out the woodwork eh? icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Muscle Croc:

Diddy cup icon_razz.gif

This one is a wee bit different I think you'll agree.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye - bet you were saying that when livi raped your sorry asses last year and 35k hivees came out the woodwork eh? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, cos I'd rather have just the 3k fans at a Quarter Final...

Not too worried by last night, our midfield at the moment will inevitably struggle to win tricky away games at the moment. Soon as Boozy and Glass are back we'll be steadier. And we're due a bad result anyway, it has been 4 months I guess...

Shame that bloody bubble's burst again though icon_frown.gif That Aberdeen game in a few weeks looks a big one now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo:

Link of the penalty decision last night:

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load.php?tno=246&fid=122&sty=2&act=1&mid=2141248299

Shocking decision icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was rather soft, but I don't think the TV catches the incident as well as the linesman would have seen it.

For what it's worth, I thought there was a bit of contact, but as I say the award was rather harsh.

A draw would probably have been a fair result.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo:

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load.php?tno=246&fid=122&sty=2&act=1&mid=2141248299

It was rather soft, but I don't think the TV catches the incident as well as the linesman would have seen it.

For what it's worth, I thought there was a bit of contact, but as I say the award was rather harsh.

A draw would probably have been a fair result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=235532005

contact lol.soti is a cheat

Just proof that Lee Miller isn't very good.

Can we have him back?

Aye, it'll be Hibs turn on Sunday to get shafted by the ref.

I find it somewhat ironic that Celtic and Rangers fans harp-on for months about conspiracies when OF results go against them, yet the rest of us have to put up with it every week when playing the OF. If that tackle had happened at the other end there's no way on this fvkn earth HD would have awarded it. It's a fvkn disgrace. icon_mad.gif

Ok, rant over! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Aye, it'll be Hibs turn on Sunday to get shafted by the ref.

I find it somewhat ironic that Celtic and Rangers fans harp-on for months about conspiracies when OF results go against them, yet the rest of us have to put up with it every week when playing the OF. If that tackle had happened at the other end there's no way on this fvkn earth HD would have awarded it. It's a fvkn disgrace. icon_mad.gif

Ok, rant over! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Much as I despise HD, remember he didn't give it and clearly asked the blind guy twice "are you sure?"

Anyway I hope Hibs get shafted by the officials(not really) on Sunday it'll make up for the linesmen who tried to disallow a Celtic goal earlier this season at Easter Road despite the through ball being a Hibs backpass, and then getting a pie for his troubles. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Also, if i was a Tic and, Rangers were to pip celtic by a point or 2 i'd be extremely ****ed about how Rangers won that game last night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll even itself out, please, pretty please, Huuuuugggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Not even Hibs getting stuffed helps to ease the pain (ok, it does a little). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Hopefully you'll be feeling even better come Sunday. icon14.gif

Miller isn't really touching him. The perfect example on how the refs show biais towards the OF could be seen in the same game. Webster's claim was ignored when in actual fact the foul was more blatent, yet as per usual anything 50-50 goes in Rangers favour.

And most OF fans like to think that most Scottish fans loathe their team because we're full of envy of both teams achievements, it's not, it's **** like this that does the damage.

All my mates are telling me to STFU and to stop going on about it, but somehow I just feel the need to really bitch about this icon_biggrin.gif

Any dodgy decisions Rangers may have had against them this season will be insignificant compared to what the rest of us have to put up with when playing the OF over the duration of any given season.

Or Webster getting halfed in the box? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for proving my point Jambo...

We could go on all day about alleged injustices, but at the end of the day these decisions happen to us all at some point...

There's no bias or cheating involved. Just poor officiating from time to time.

icon_smile.gif

Many free kicks during any game can be questioned, but an injury time penalty is obviously going to require more justification, justification that I feel the LM didn't have. Because it's Rangers that's the only justification that he obviously required.

Tbf, I'm not surprised, I've been going to games for years and there's nothing new in seeing Rangers rewarded with a last minute reprieve.

Tbf, I'm not surprised, I've been going to games for years and there's nothing new in seeing Rangers rewarded with a last minute reprieve. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I can't remember us getting many last minute penalties against anyone never mind Hearts...

Many free kicks during any game can be questioned, but an injury time penalty is obviously going to require more justification, justification that I feel the LM didn't have. Because it's Rangers that's the only justification that he obviously required.

Tbf, I'm not surprised, I've been going to games for years and there's nothing new in seeing Rangers rewarded with a last minute reprieve. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's simple they are cheats.Boumsong last man v De Vries earlier on in the season not sent off.They get decisions going for them all the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kev1985:

It's simple they are cheats.Boumsong last man v De Vries earlier on in the season not sent off.They get decisions going for them all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep and Celtic don't get a thing... :/

Dry yer eyes!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kev1985:

It's simple they are cheats.Boumsong last man v De Vries earlier on in the season not sent off.They get decisions going for them all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep and Celtic don't get a thing... :/

Dry yer eyes! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nowhere near as much as Rangers.

Open your eyes!

Aye right then.

BTW, what happened to the Celtic's fans no excuses mantra...? And it's funny how we didn't hear any of these bias claims when you were winning the league over the last few years.

Anyway, I'm not going to let these guy's thread be ruined like you have the teddy bears thread...?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DodgyG:

You should come to the next meet up kev... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I can imagine him now with his papal and basque flah draped over his green and grey hoops...

Are we going to Bairds Bar...?

Those results on Wednesday has made the race for 3rd spot a little bit more interesting. Here is the run in for Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs.

Hibs:

Celtic Home

Dons Away

Pars Away

Utd Home

Hearts Away

Livi Home

Hearts:

Pars Away

Caley Home

Livi Home

Celtic Away

Hibs Home

Utd Away

Dons:

Killie Away

Hibs Home

Dundee Home

Caley Away

Well Home

Celtic Away

Please remember there will be another 5 games after this.

I have to agree with the disgruntled Jambos. OF get decisions their way far more than the diddy teams.

OFGTF. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That fact that all our games are so high profile certainly would suggest that, but there's now way it's as bad as some think.

As I say, I can give you several instances this season where we were denied clear cut penalties or the like.

Not that we had 9 page specials in the Daily Rhetard then, of course...? icon_wink.gif

I have to agree with the disgruntled Jambos. OF get decisions their way far more than the diddy teams.

OFGTF. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That fact that all our games are so high profile certainly would suggest that, but there's now way it's as bad as some think.

As I say, I can give you several instances this season where we were denied clear cut penalties or the like.

Not that we had 9 page specials in the Daily Rhetard then, of course...? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It almost pains me, but I have to agree with my true blue(ish/orangey) namesake.

The Old Firm matches are far more high profile and to be honest if they don't get a decision yet win the match it it all gets forgotten about.

I, even as a paranoid, card bearing conspiracy theorist, tim, tend to think that our officials are just extraordinarily poor. icon_frown.gif

Have to agree with you Jambo.

As much as the other night p!sses me off, it would be even more shocking if the game was to be replayed due to 1 dodgy call. I think it's just a knee-jerk reaction to all the media attention at the momment. I'd be surprised if Hearts went through with that threat.

We'd end up getting humped 4 nowt or something like that anyway. icon_biggrin.gif

Radio was a bit misleading earlier.

Hearts have handed a report to David Taylor asking him to launch an enquiry into the integrity of the decision on Wednesday. If they find anything dodgy with it then Hearts will be demanding a replay.

Odds on the SFA to just say nothing was wrong with the decision to avoid Hearts demanding a replay?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Floater 5000:

Alex Rae says the linesman was correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If ever there was serious justification for a replay, that's it! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived