The Hearts and Hibs thread, the bridesmaids of Scottish football

Eleanor_Rigby

As no one was against us opening a seperate thread for both Edinburgh clubs I'll get the ball rolling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Romanov will come good over Tynecastle

GRAEME CROSER

GEORGE FOULKES believes Vladimir Romanov has the means and the will to keep Hearts at Tynecastle.

The Lithuanian banker has called an extraordinary general meeting for next month to vote on halting the sale of the stadium to Cala Homes.

He is expected to win the vote comfortably on January 10 although remaining in Gorgie will cost around £2 million per year.

That’s the sum which Hearts are currently haemorrhaging on an annual basis and the loss of such a sum is the main reason cited by chief executive Chris Robinson for moving.

The loss will need to be underwritten to satisfy the bank and keep the club at its home of 118 years, and chairman Foulkes is convinced Romanov is intent on providing such guarantees.

He said: "I think that on January 10 we have to work out whether we withdraw from the Cala sale but before we do that we need to get more details in writing from Mr Romanov.

"I am sure that will happen in the near future.

"The issue of guarantees is now very relevant. If anything it is now more urgent that things are sorted by January 10.

"If we withdraw from the Cala deal we need to underwrite the club’s financial position. We’ve been in discussions with Mr Romanov about that.

"Yes, he holds the future of the club in his hands. For other options to be considered they need to be spelled out in financial detail. I am hopeful that he will do that - he has shown a lot of enthusiasm so far."

News of the egm arrived just hours after the Stadium Working Group presented its report, and among its findings was the recommendation that the sale to Cala be halted. The SWG believes that the club could have a future at Tynecastle, with the stadium’s architect Jim Clydesdale holding the belief that for a fee of around £100,000 the club could complete alteration work which would keep them at the ground for five years.

Sighthill Park was offered by the report as the other viable home for Hearts in conjunction with Edinburgh city council’s plans to build a Sports Village to replace Meadowbank.

Robinson immediately rejected suggestions that the club could remain at Tynecastle.

He said: "This report says what we all want to hear - that we can stay at Tynecastle. But how does that deal with the financial realities at Hearts?

"We are losing over £2 million a year by playing at Tynecastle and this report does not state how we should address that.

"We’ve got to look at the report within the context of where the club is financially.

"I would love to stay here but the board’s job is to look at the reality of the situation and this report does not make Tynecastle viable."

However, Robinson did admit that Romanov would hold the key to the future.

He continued: "We have to look at the situation within the context of what Vladimir Romanov might have planned.

"Mr Romanov will receive his own copy of the report and I’m sure he will come to his own conclusions.

"We have our agm in January and I would expect a statement to be made then.

"If land can be acquired and there are deep enough pockets then a move could happen. I think the key is to find more commercial activities while the pitch size is also something that needs a radical solution.

"You might be able to tinker with it over the next year or so but ultimately it will have to be changed considerably to comply with UEFA regulations."

Romanov has a deal in place to add Robinson’s 20 per cent stake in Hearts to the ten per cent he already owns, although it has not yet been formally concluded.

However, it is understood the chief executive will be obliged to vote in line with Romanov’s wishes at the egm and the majority of other shareholders are expected to do likewise.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've said for months, and I'll say it again, I don't believe Romanov is the savour the many fans think he is.

I'm with Robinson on this. I can't see how Romanov can possibly expect the club to play at Tynecastle without putting Hearts in danger of folding.

1 How/when will Ramanov recoup his many Millions he claims will be put into saving Hearts?

2 How will/can Hearts sustain a wage structure for £10m worth of talent?

3 Why did other Scottish clubs tell Ramanov go shove his head up a dead bear's ass?

4 How would Ramanov justify spending millions redeveloping certain aspects in and around Tynecastle?

He's talking **** and he knows it, and I personally think this is a very bad move on our behalf putting Ramanov in control of our club.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As no one was against us opening a seperate thread for both Edinburgh clubs I'll get the ball rolling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Romanov will come good over Tynecastle

GRAEME CROSER

GEORGE FOULKES believes Vladimir Romanov has the means and the will to keep Hearts at Tynecastle.

The Lithuanian banker has called an extraordinary general meeting for next month to vote on halting the sale of the stadium to Cala Homes.

He is expected to win the vote comfortably on January 10 although remaining in Gorgie will cost around £2 million per year.

That’s the sum which Hearts are currently haemorrhaging on an annual basis and the loss of such a sum is the main reason cited by chief executive Chris Robinson for moving.

The loss will need to be underwritten to satisfy the bank and keep the club at its home of 118 years, and chairman Foulkes is convinced Romanov is intent on providing such guarantees.

He said: "I think that on January 10 we have to work out whether we withdraw from the Cala sale but before we do that we need to get more details in writing from Mr Romanov.

"I am sure that will happen in the near future.

"The issue of guarantees is now very relevant. If anything it is now more urgent that things are sorted by January 10.

"If we withdraw from the Cala deal we need to underwrite the club’s financial position. We’ve been in discussions with Mr Romanov about that.

"Yes, he holds the future of the club in his hands. For other options to be considered they need to be spelled out in financial detail. I am hopeful that he will do that - he has shown a lot of enthusiasm so far."

News of the egm arrived just hours after the Stadium Working Group presented its report, and among its findings was the recommendation that the sale to Cala be halted. The SWG believes that the club could have a future at Tynecastle, with the stadium’s architect Jim Clydesdale holding the belief that for a fee of around £100,000 the club could complete alteration work which would keep them at the ground for five years.

Sighthill Park was offered by the report as the other viable home for Hearts in conjunction with Edinburgh city council’s plans to build a Sports Village to replace Meadowbank.

Robinson immediately rejected suggestions that the club could remain at Tynecastle.

He said: "This report says what we all want to hear - that we can stay at Tynecastle. But how does that deal with the financial realities at Hearts?

"We are losing over £2 million a year by playing at Tynecastle and this report does not state how we should address that.

"We’ve got to look at the report within the context of where the club is financially.

"I would love to stay here but the board’s job is to look at the reality of the situation and this report does not make Tynecastle viable."

However, Robinson did admit that Romanov would hold the key to the future.

He continued: "We have to look at the situation within the context of what Vladimir Romanov might have planned.

"Mr Romanov will receive his own copy of the report and I’m sure he will come to his own conclusions.

"We have our agm in January and I would expect a statement to be made then.

"If land can be acquired and there are deep enough pockets then a move could happen. I think the key is to find more commercial activities while the pitch size is also something that needs a radical solution.

"You might be able to tinker with it over the next year or so but ultimately it will have to be changed considerably to comply with UEFA regulations."

Romanov has a deal in place to add Robinson’s 20 per cent stake in Hearts to the ten per cent he already owns, although it has not yet been formally concluded.

However, it is understood the chief executive will be obliged to vote in line with Romanov’s wishes at the egm and the majority of other shareholders are expected to do likewise.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've said for months, and I'll say it again, I don't believe Romanov is the savour the many fans think he is.

I'm with Robinson on this. I can't see how Romanov can possibly expect the club to play at Tynecastle without putting Hearts in danger of folding.

1 How/when will Ramanov recoup his many Millions he claims will be put into saving Hearts?

2 How will/can Hearts sustain a wage structure for £10m worth of talent?

3 Why did other Scottish clubs tell Ramanov go shove his head up a dead bear's ass?

4 How would Ramanov justify spending millions redeveloping certain aspects in and around Tynecastle?

He's talking **** and he knows it, and I personally think this is a very bad move on our behalf putting Ramanov in control of our club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geoff:

*waits for stevethedog*... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*waves*

Romanov seems to be living in the fantasy land where he wants to be loved by the fans, I'd be very concerned about that if he were taking over Hibs but because you are in the **** anyway I can see why many fans think he is the saviour. Has his share deal gone through yet or have there been yet more hitches.

On the green side Fulham think they might buy Riordan icon_biggrin.gif

I hear Kisnorbo is out for the derby.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Think it may be quiet for a while on one half come January 3rd icon_redface.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, by all accounts it will be your half.

Can't see past us puting another 20-somthing game run together against your lot, tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Think it may be quiet for a while on one half come January 3rd icon_redface.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, by all accounts it will be your half.

Can't see past us puting another 20-somthing game run together against your lot, tbh. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh? who's lot? not me i hope!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Hibs winning against Hearts. Can't see it happening for another few seasons. 2 seasons thus far icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You had your wee (big) run with all the draws then we had a very good run and now you have had another wee one with that O'Connor game the only blip. I think Darren Jackson is to blame for the whole thing icon_wink.gif Have we not drawn 2 out of the last 5 with you winning 2 and us winning 1. You having the home advantage in the main too. Tighter than you think.

I'm going home now \o/

Levein is ready to make bids for de Vries (100k) and Maybury (30k) icon_redface.gif.

While both players are worth a hell of a lot more than that i can see Hearts accepting both bids as both players can leave for nowt in the summer. Lets hope once Ramanov takes control he's as good as his word, and renews these contracts.

It was dying on its erse and Hibs and Hearts kept it going. We'll reach 100 pages, just you watch icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only did this thread as a means of mocking the inflicted come the 3rd.

I'm building myself up for a great fall, eh? icon_biggrin.gif

It was dying on its erse and Hibs and Hearts kept it going. We'll reach 100 pages, just you watch icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only did this thread as a means of mocking the afflicted come the 3rd.

I'm building myself up for a great fall, eh? icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed!

icon_smile.gif

4-1 at Tannadice is some result. Makes the derby even more exciting. Going by form we should win comfortably but it never goes that way does it.

Hope Boozy is back but even Orman is playing well just now.

Levein's Leicester getting humped at home to the leagues whipping boys is a bit embarrassing.

Guest lourifer

Form means nothing in the Derby.

Paul Hartley and Phil Stamp will rip the Hibs Midfield to shreds and mark de vries' sheer physical presence will have boozy shaking in his boots.

COME ON THE JAMBOS!!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

What's with (Certain) Hearts players wearing those yellow/green(whatever) wrist bands, i noticed quite a few of them wearing them during the Celtic game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be slipping Gazza, surely the internet has all the answers. icon_wink.gif

Think Crawford would be a good signing for us as he's the sort of player Hearts need.

De Vries has become lazy and looks like he doesn't want to play for Hearts anymore. I thought he may have improved once Levein had gone, that hasn't been the case though.

We only require a replacement for Severin then the team should come good again.

Sunday is a must win game for Hearts to have any chance of coming 3rd. Puts it to 6 points with a game in hand against Livvy icon14.gif

To think Hearts have been quite poor thus far and Hibs flying to win those 2 games and only be 3 points behind 3rd would be brilliant. We surely need to hit some sort of form sometime, Don't we? icon_confused.gif

What's the word in the Hibs camp about the Ian Murray to Rangers story. Obviously it's been doing the rounds in the papers for weeks and I heard that rumour a couple of months back.

Eleanor - A Dunfermline fan told me the deal to bring Crawford back was done. All the Pars needed to do was pick up his wages from his current contract with Plymouth. Rumours icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henchoz_6:

What's the word in the Hibs camp about the Ian Murray to Rangers story. Obviously it's been doing the rounds in the papers for weeks and I heard that rumour a couple of months back.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whole range of things really, mostly including a January move and a wide range of prices, ranging from 30k to 250k. The latter of which is absolute rubbish I'd imagine.

Murray's replaceable, the others are not I fear.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

Any player is replaceable. I would'nt mind having Murray at Ibrox, decent utility player. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A goalscorer at Hibs will be I fear.

That's Murray's downfall to the honest. His howler against Moldova at left back was pretty much a result of that, getting shifted around all over the shop which I'd imagine would be the case at Ibrox.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DodgyG:

I think that this Romanov bloke is going to mean nothing but bad news for Hearts fans... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Givanni Di Stefano flashbacks? icon_biggrin.gif

can't help but agree though all joking aside..

Originally posted by Richey White:

A goalscorer at Hibs will be I fear.

QUOTE]

Perhaps, but i think Motherwell are a fine example. They sold two internationalists by the age of 20 and still they continue to progress.

Hibs also seem to have a good conveyor belt of talent working at the moment from my PoV anyhoo, you'll know better than me.

Doesn't it show just how much the fans don't trust Robinson though that we would rather have an unknown Lithuanian in charge.

Robinson was selling our only asset in Tynecastle with no plan for the future.

At least Romanov seems to be looking at alternatives and is still saying we will probably move from Tynecastle in the near future but only when a plan is in place for a new stadium.

I don't know what to think about him tbh but some fans are getting really hyped up thinking he is going to be like our equivalent of Abramovich.

I'm not sure about the takeover but as long as I still have a club to support then I wont be too bothered as the way things were going under Robinson the club wouldnt have lasted much longer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't know what to think about him tbh but some fans are getting really hyped up thinking he is going to be like our equivalent of Abramovich. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, and that's when things will turn nasty again. Too many fans are thinking about what players we'll get and not much onus is being put on the wage bill that these fantasies would bring.

The whole thing stinks to be honest, and I seriously worry about Hearts. Romanov's put the club in a horrible position, there's no way Hearts as a plc can accept this proposal without reassurances that aren't there and look further and further away from coming. Can't imagine this will do strained board/supporter relationships any good at all.

Then you've got 14 out of contract players who, if nothing is forthcoming by February, will have to look at the wider picture and go really. And what's happened to Romanov bankrolling 3 signings on January??

All very very suss.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richey White:

Then you've got 14 out of contract players who, if nothing is forthcoming by February, will have to look at the wider picture and go really.

All very very suss. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see 14 eastern europeans comming in to replace them tb h

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

Givanni Di Stefano flashbacks? icon_biggrin.gif

can't help but agree though all joking aside.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Been there, done that icon_razz.gif I hope the Jambos enjoy paying at Meadowbank in the next couple of years...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock may make a New Year move for Dutch forward Mark de Vries

The 29-year-old has become a big favourite at Hearts since joining the SPL side in 2002 but is out of contract at the end of the season and demanding improved terms from the Edinburgh club before committing to a new deal.

De Vries's former manager Craig Levein is keen on signing the player for his new club Leicester City but Warnock is also interested as he looks to bring in a new centre-forward to Bramall Lane. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't look like we're getting Crawford now. icon_frown.gif

Archived