le-spiripontain-quentin-boesso-doit-franchir-un-cap-ce-soir_373521_510x255.jpg

Nationality: French/Reunionese

Date of Birth: 18th January 1986

Height/Weight: 177cm/69kg

Playing Position: Striker

Current Club: JS Saint-Pierroise

Value: £0

Football Manager 2014

Quentin Boesso started his career at Nimes Qlympique before moving to Havre after three seasons at Nimes. A season at Havre was followed by five seasons at JS Saint-Pierroise before GFC Ajaccio gave him another chance in France. Two years here followed by another at ES Uzès Pont du Gard before Boesso found himself back at JS Saint-Pierroise.

In Football Manager his value is minimal and therefore is usually able to be got for nothing. I have decided to sign him for my Eastleigh side where he's been a very good option to have. Originally he was going to be first choice but picked a small injury which cost him his starting berth. As other strikers were performing he would only get a chance when other strikers needed a rest. This meant he wasn't as effective as he could be. When another striker picked up an injury he got his chance and he's not looked back since. Despite the slow start he's managed to score seventeen in twenty-two in all competitions whilst assisting nine times. I'm currently using him as an advanced forward in my 4-2-4 formation on the left side. However I do believe he would be suited to playing as a poacher as well which I have tried and he's not done too bad. At the age of twenty-seven it's likely that Boesso will not improve further. I don't particularly see an issue with this and do believe he could play upto a Sky Bet League Two level if the opportunity arose.

Here he is about four months into my save;

QuentinBoesso_OverviewAttributes_zpsb3701ae3.png

If you are ever interested in signing Boesso then you could be looking at demands of;

• £400 per week
  • Two year deal
  • 25% relegation wage drop

I believe that these demands are more than acceptable for what you should or could get in return. The obvious issue is my Eastleigh side are a professional club in the Skrill South League and he may not be willing to sign for a semi-professional side. I would still recommend that you attempt to see if there is any interest from him. The demands may increase further to higher up the football pyramid you go but that's to be expected.

Availability

He is usually found on a large database with the England, France, Germany, Spain, Holland, Italy, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland loaded down to their lowest playable divisions. On my current save I do also have Belgium loaded as well with all players of English, Scottish, Irish, Northern Irish and Welsh loaded. If you want to make sure that he is in your game then you could load all players of Reunionese nationality just to make sure.

I've just bought this chap for Plymouth on the strength of this thread (and the fact that my current strikers are mostly useless). He's on £1,000 p/w but I went in too high with my initial salary offer as he immediately accepted. I reckon I could have knocked a couple of hundred off that.

I've not had a chance to actually play him yet, but I'll update here when I do.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I thought I should update here as I said I would.

This guys seems to be pretty damn good at L2 level. I play him as an AF and his pace and acceleration are a real asset as most of his opponents are pretty sluggish - he gets lots of through balls to run onto. The only shame is his finishing as he often misses sitters or needs several chances before converting. Still, in his current run he has 8 goals in 7 starts.

Yep, I think he could do some damage at League 2 and maybe even League 1 level. Good find as well, nice and cheap wages..... I wish I'd read this thread earlier, I'd been looking for exactly this kind of player last night.... instead i signed someone who was a bit more expensive and I'm not too sure how effective he'll be either :S

Archived