The Sammarinese Challenge.

1. If you are participating in this challenge using any issue of the game, please let us know if you want to continue with this thread or if you want a new thread.
  2. If you are experiencing issues with this thread then please let us know, because I'm sure this will impact on people's decisions.
  3. If you do want a new thread, do you mind the guys who are still playing FM14 or FM15 posting in it, or do you want to restrict it to just FM16 saves only?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you mind if I ask what "readability issues" you are having?

I have just gone back over the last 5 pages of the thread and I don't seem to be having any problems. I've also looked at pages 5, 6 & 7 and they seem fine too.

I missed the whole of FM15 and will not be missing FM16 so I will be moving on to a new YOUTH ONLY challenge and posting in the Career Updates Forum in my own thread, but I'm sure I will be back in here to keep an eye on what anyone does in this challenge anyway.

Deleted posts sometimes make it appear that an extra page exists when there are nearly enough posts to get to a new page. It can then mess up the read last unread post feature.

I think the big fast moving threads in GD are the main culprit (because the mods have to delete so many garbage posts), but there are a few threads here where I think posters have deleted their own posts. If the thread is quiet it probably will not cause any issues because there will be less new posts to read each time.

I don't mind either way. I moved over from my San Marino FM13 save to FM14, but I skipped 15 all together.

I was tempted to get 16, however I won't do so until a few months in to next year at the earliest, so I may continue this save until Canini looks like his career is no longer competing with Luciano as a goal scoring keeper.

I will be in this thread for a while yet though, but do not ind if it moves either. I will follow it wherever it goes.

After winning the World Cup at the end of last season, the League win was a minor result. I was more disappointed that we lost a tight 2-1 game to Manchester City, who went on to win their hattrick of Champions League crowns. 3 in a row and still dominating, it will take a lot to take the crown off them.

We are now ranked 3rd on the international stage, but are still having trouble recruiting the DN's to play for us over Italy.

Guys. How do you feel about waiting till the weekend for a new thread?

I want to set it up properly and do it justice, but can't do it till then.

Would also be good if someone could let me know the day that you holiday up to so that I can add it to the Opening page.

Will you guys mind if I continue my FM14 save in the new thread? I don't think I will get 16 right off the bat, but would like to continue this save file in the interim.

Well put it this way, I am creating a new thread in a minute, and I am doing so on the basis that you are allowed and even encouraged to post in it.

The challenge isn't too popular that we can have multiple threads. We need to all be in one place. What version we are playing is completely irrelevent.

Let me get something to eat and I will create a new thread and modify it a little to get it in line with FM16.

I will be putting your save link in the opening post if that's ok deadfncat? (You are obviously a complete superstar by the way). Having something like that already donw will really encourage others to give it a go I think. I'm even downloading it and I don't plan on participating this year! :lol:

Not sure where to put this, but I figured it is only fitting as the last post in this forum...

Morra, at the age of 39 has....

OSQQAsQ.jpg

NOT retired, but rather scored his 200th league goal in a stunning double to claim a win. At 39 years of age, he is still banging them in, and currently has 1 assist and 2 goals in his opening 2 league matches. The man is a legend. Over 1000 appearances, over 260 total goals and just under 400 assists. Some how overlooked for Italy, and only capped twice, he has been playing in San Marino for 24 years, long enough to earn the right to be a citizen (assuming he married a Sammarenese lady 9 years into his career, or if he plays for 6 mores years, to be in the country for 3 decades, and I would most certainly have him in our Sammarinese national team if I could!

Leon. If you could advertise a couple of things you have done/won in this save previously, what would they be and could you provide a link to the post in this thread please?

Such as....

Jimbokav1971 winning the 2038 World Cup in USA.

Jimbokav1971 winning the U21 2042 EURO's.

leonavich winning the 2038 World Cup in Mexico.

coady getting to the knockout stages of the 2026 World Cup.

What has Jambo98 won that is worth commenting on? He won loads of domestic stuff that is worth a shout.

FM16 San Marino available to play save. Game dated 3rd July 2017. (Thank you to deadfncat for that).

I'm thinking of adding it to the opening posts or posts in the new thread.

Has anyone else done anything worth linking to?

Leon. You have a player with 1,000+ appearances haven't you?

Leonavich Highlights the Achievements

2014 - The start of a budding career

My original profile

2015 - Off the mark... Promotion from Serie C

Promotion from Serie C and my first title

2016 - Legend in the making, the signing of Morra

Morra is signed as a spirited 16 year old from lowly Titrium

2016 - 12 goal thriller

My then highest scoring game

2017 - Morra one year on

The player that would become a star, shows promise early on

2018 - Time to climb Everest... Promotion to Serie A

Serie B winners and the new dregs of the Top flight of Italian Football

2019 - The first of a golden generation

The original (Youth 1) and key player in advancing the National Team

2024 - When things start to click over 4 posts

The start of the future. The 4 consectuive posts showing our progression in Club Football to National stars

2025 - between cracks are Major wins, the first of many

Our first Serie A title was also a double as we won the Champions League, though the win was so anti-climactic, pooled as a two liner of text between other discussions. No fanfare was made, oddly

2026 - Let's make it a double (but win 4)

We go back to back, winning the Serie A Title twice, as well as picking up our first Quadruple

2027 - Ballon d'Or-sting for the first time

Oosting wins out first Ballon D'or for the club

2030 - GOOOOOALkeeper

Canini becomes our new scoring keeper and it all started here at just 15 years of age. He also became the youngest ever goalscorer and participant in the European Qualifiers

2031 - 1000th post... Oh, and the first Euro's

The 1000th post of the thread also coincided with our first International competition... Making it to the European Championships!

2033 - 1st Cup, 1st Serve

Our first participation on the International stage and we made it to the second round, being trounced by France

2038 - Sitting on top of the World

Qualification for our first World Cup was made ever sweeter by lifting the trophy. Huge wins over Brazil (4-1), Netherlands (5-0), Belgium (2-1) and Germany (1-0) to get there means we didn't take the easy road, by any means

2039 - Morra this past 40?

Morra hits his 200th league goal as he continues well over 1000 matches at the age of 39 - Morra scoring his 200th League goal at the age of 39. Played over 1000 matches for San Marino in the process

Trophies

[b]Domestic Titles[/b]

League Titles

Serie C	Lega Pro Seconda Divisione Girone B	- 1	(2015)
Serie B	bwin					- 1	(2018)
Serie A TIM					- 9	(2025, 2026, 2028, 2029, 2031, 2033, 2034, 2037, 2039)

Domestic Cups

Italian Supercoppa di Lega TIM			- 6	(2025, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2033, 2039)
Italian TIM Cup					- 4	(2030, 2033, 2034, 2037)

Youth Competitions

Italian U19s Group 1				- 1 	(2038)
Italian U19s Cup				- 0 	(Runner up x 2)
Italian Youth Club Invitational			- 0	(Runner up x 4)

Continental Cups

Super Cup 					- 2	(2025, 2030)
FIFA Club WOrld CUp 				- 3	(2025, 2030, 2035)
UEFA Champions League				- 3	(2025, 2030, 2035)

[b]International Titles[/b]

FIFA World Cup					- 1	(2038)
European Championships				- 0	(Quarter Final)

you need to holiday for a season and get them promoted. Scroll up, I uploaded a save

Just to put things in perspective...... despite creating the whole thread for FM14 I only set up an Italian save and I ended up winning the World Cup, so don't let me put you off.

Honestly, I'm siure the (SMR) league improved things, (of course it does), but it's not the be all and end all.

There will still be the same problem, they will be in Serie D.

I know. You need to holiday until the day before the league resets and reload until they get promoted. I'm going to wait until I can add in the San Marino local comp as well which wont be out until after release

no? There wont be an edit for that for a few weeks so i didn't bother

I didn't mean as a playable league actually.

What I mean was via the EDT file that allows the league to run in background only so you can see live league tables and squads and the like, but the teams cannot be managed.

As a result of the EDT files not being available until the full game is released, I don't want to encourage people to start the challenge half-cocked and regret it further down the line.

I'm not going to create the new thread until the full version is released.

I didn't mean as a playable league actually.

What I mean was via the EDT file that allows the league to run in background only so you can see live league tables and squads and the like, but the teams cannot be managed.

As a result of the EDT files not being available until the full game is released, I don't want to encourage people to start the challenge half-cocked and regret it further down the line.

I'm not going to create the new thread until the full version is released.

yeh I know not playable, but just having it in the game. Im just gonna wait as well. I did the challenge for a few seasons in FM15 and can see that having the local league in game would be very godo for loans etc.

yeh I know not playable, but just having it in the game. Im just gonna wait as well. I did the challenge for a few seasons in FM15 and can see that having the local league in game would be very godo for loans etc.

That can be done now in the beta...

I'm still not sure what you mean.

As far as I'm aware....

• There is no editor so you can't edit in new leagues.
  • You also can't add EDT files at the outset when creating your game-World.

How do you "add it to the database" if not in one of those 2 ways?

In the initial setup, using "advanced" from the database dropdown menu, you can choose your desired size, then add continents, regions, nations, divisions. You can add the Sammarinese league there.

In the initial setup, using "advanced" from the database dropdown menu, you can choose your desired size, then add continents, regions, nations, divisions. You can add the Sammarinese league there.

I must have missed that.

I looked and looked and couldn't see it. Thanks. :thup:

leon.

I'm in the process of creating the new thread, (going to do it properly).

Would you mind posting pics of your trophy cabinet please, (club and country), so that I can add you to the Honours board. I'm cyrrently trying to go through all the old threads to compile a list of who won what on what FM.

[Edit]

Forget that. Have seen that it's all listed. :thup:

It would be good if you could take a pic of the cabinet for posterity before you finally retire though,

Archived