The Sammarinese Challenge.

Jimbo

Huge dedication there with the mentoring and squad depth building.

I do these to the minimal at this stage and only really ramp it up once the youth products coming through become much better, which won't be until the 2020's.

I don't think I would have the patience to re contract 200+ players though! :D Very impressive!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just been announced that we will get £72.66M over the course of the 2035/36 season from the TV rights deal.

How much are you lot getting and in what year?

Our balance has gone from about £250M near the end of last season to £497M during pre-season of the 2035/36 season.

Good to see you in Serie A Leon. I can't even imagine the prospect of being top 100 NT side at this time, though ironically goalkeeper is the only position I have 2 able players.

The main purpose of this post is to cover my dealings in the off-season. Although I don't have too many new faces at the club, I did manage to tie up all 5 of my key Co-owned players from last season. Here is the full transfer update.

I've also had a relatively kind Qualifying draw for the National Team, with no giants in. I'm hoping to get a qualifying point in this campaign, as my first generation of youngsters mature into a full age squad over the 2 year period. Romania look immense on paper though & are ranked in the top 15 of the world.

It's just been announced that we will get £72.66M over the course of the 2035/36 season from the TV rights deal.

How much are you lot getting and in what year?

Our balance has gone from about £250M near the end of last season to £497M during pre-season of the 2035/36 season.

If I recall, I think I just got £32.5m in my first season in the top flight, which is massive for us. I am in the year 2018/19 so a long way to go to reach those dizzying heights.

Good to see you in Serie A Leon. I can't even imagine the prospect of being top 100 NT side at this time, though ironically goalkeeper is the only position I have 2 able players.

The main purpose of this post is to cover my dealings in the off-season. Although I don't have too many new faces at the club, I did manage to tie up all 5 of my key Co-owned players from last season. Here is the full transfer update.

I've also had a relatively kind Qualifying draw for the National Team, with no giants in. I'm hoping to get a qualifying point in this campaign, as my first generation of youngsters mature into a full age squad over the 2 year period. Romania look immense on paper though & are ranked in the top 15 of the world.

Romania are huge in mine, they just made the 2018 World Cup final, but got edged 2-1 by France. How have their results been in yours?

Season 2018-19 Transfers

We had to strengthen... A lot!

We let a lot of players not capable with the step up go, and made almost £900k on a Co-Own deal for Jakubiak with an option in 2 years. This suits perfect as we hope to use him in the first 2 seasons up, and then let him be won by Palermo as we will hopefully stay up and get stronger.

Arcos is our first step to that improvement. Lacking pace but quality on the ball is exactly what we need from a striker whose primary role is to supply the false 9 and the wingers behind him, he will take some time to settle, coming out of Argentina, so expect him to be eased into the line up after a number of appearances from the bench.

Martinez can play both defence and midfield, so will be our key in the back with a huge signing in Vidic. Though lacking pace, his experience will be invaluable in the back, and it adds extra depth to a backline that is at time quite vulnerable.

Benedetti is brought back to the club for a small fee after having a few years away at Catania, while Douglas is the other addition, on the right hand side of the defence.

Zimmerman is our biggest signing for the middle, the ex Ajax man was scooped up and took a massively reduced wage to sign on deadline day, along with the young Aussie, Bell, who will be gaining his Serie A experience from the bench.

All in all, it was a productive window, but we still have key players from last year featuring. Morra is still likely the player we build around as he reaches 18 years of age and is an exciting prospect, however this team is still likely to struggle to stay up, and as a result a lot of these contracts have 'outs' in them. Either one year deals with the option to extend, or low release clauses for relegation.

| Date               | Person             | From               | Fee                | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1/7/2018           | Francesco Urso     | Cesena             | Free               | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 3/7/2018           | Giulio Migliaccio  | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 5/7/2018           | Nemanja Vidic      | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 6/7/2018           | Paolo Merenda      | Brescia            | £675K              | 
| 18/7/2018          | Juan Cruz Arcos    | Vélez              | £2.5M              | 
| 19/7/2018          | Cristian Martínez  | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4/8/2018           | Amedeo Benedetti   | Catania            | £625K              | 
| 8/8/2018           | Pat Douglas        | Reading            | Loan               | 
| 31/8/2018          | James Bell         | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 31/8/2018          | Andrea Magrini     | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 31/8/2018          | John Zimmerman     | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
|                    | Total              |                    | £3.79M             | 
|                    |                    |                    |                    | 

| Date               | Person             | To                 | Fee                | 
| 30/6/2018          | Giulio Migliaccio  | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2018          | Matteo Saias       | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2018          | Luca Valeriani     | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2018          | Matteo Brillanti   | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2018          | Alessandro Mainardi| Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 30/6/2018          | Paolo Nossa        | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 1/7/2018           | Anthony Rivituso   | Siena              | Free               | 
| 6/7/2018           | Paolo Merenda      | Brescia            | Loan               | 
| 26/8/2018          | Roberto Ceccoli    | Messina            | Loan               | 
| 26/8/2018          | Alfonso Capaccione | Ancona             | Loan               | 
| 27/8/2018          | Matteo Fusi        | Fondi              | Loan               | 
| 27/8/2018          | Emanuele Sottovia  | Paganese           | Loan               | 
| 27/8/2018          | Gianluca Piroli    | Messina            | Loan               | 
| 31/8/2018          | Alex Jakubiak      | Palermo            | £875K (CO)         | 
| 31/8/2018          | Marco Contratto    | Barletta           | Loan               | 
| 31/8/2018          | Matteo Balducci    | Alessandria        | Loan               | 
| 31/8/2018          | Angelo Silipo      | Messina            | Loan               | 
| 31/8/2018          | Luca Cecchetti     | Prato              | Loan               | 
|                    | Total              |                    | £868K              | 
|                    |                    |                    |                    | 

Daymor.

Rattini does indeed look very good. That AMC spot is so key in unlocking defences, (at least it has been the way I play). How much did you sell him for? Was it too good to turn down? Oh, I hjave just seen that he has gone to Bayern for $31M. What I do is sign all the best youngsters on to the longest possible youth contract and then a few days later I sign then on pre-contract terms with the longest possible deal and then also a 3 year option on them, (often giving me an 8 year term). I have to pay more for this, (sometimes a lot more), but it means that the players are tied into me for 5 years + 3 years = 8 years so I get them until they are about 23. The benefits in this are not just that you time them into the club so that you get the benefit of them playing for you for longer, but also, when you do sell them, (I have oly been forced to sign 1 single (SMR) player and I bought him back 3 years later), you get a better price for him. It also means that you can also control their training/development and in particular their mentoring with a view to moulding their personality. I have 13 Model Professionals at the club, (it has been higher), and 21 who are Resolute, together with some other good personalities. This allows me to have a very Professional squad which means that I hope to have fewer issues with players kicking up a fuss and wanting to leave, (so long as I can produce the goods).

It's frustrating when you get a good youth player who has dual Nationality. It's almost a dead cert in the early stages that they will want to play for Italy, and you have to sort of home that they don't develop too well so that they get overlooked. Keep the faith with them though. I have had a few play U21's for Italy and look like they will make the grade for Italy at Senior level, only to surprise me with a change of heart and accept a call-up. Keep an eye on the suggested squad from your Ass Man, (because they can often give a hint that a player might agree to a call-up), but what I do is empty the NT squad every single time and just pick it anew and try to call these dual player up EVERY single time, (often even when they might not be good enough to make the squad), just so that we can get them declared for (SMR).

[Edit]

The most recent convert is 24yo DRC Cavalli "Conti" who racked up 19 (ITA) U21 appearances, (and 1 goal), and has just accepeted a call-up to the squad to play Spain and Luxembourg. He will be making an appearance from the bench against Spain and he will be (SMR) forever after that. :thup:

Unfortunately I did not get a say on the Luca Rattini transfer, I was still in Serie B at the time, they offered me about $1.5mil including incentives etc. So the board went over my head and accepted it (I would have turned it down if I had the chance).

Coady.

Welcome back, and huge congrats on the double promo. That's impressive work, took me a while to climb up to Serie A. Good luck building out your squad. Surviving the first season in Serie A as you did should stand you in good stead.

Leon

Grats on Serie A promotion. All the best with staying up, having all that money helps to upgrade all the facilities so much. I think currently all my facilities are maxed except for Youth Recruitment which is a couple upgrades away from Max. But I won't be able to upgrade that until I get some results in Europe I would imagine, so that is still a few years away.

The first season in Serie A will likely be a battle, but with good signings you should be able to stay up.

Season 2018-19 Match day 10

We had some big signings. Zimmerman being a huge cog in the wheel that would help us forward, along with Morra. Our two most important players have so far been our best, though Morra is currently sidelined for another 2 weeks of a 3 wee injury. We started fairly poorly, but we had the toughest sides up first. We lost to the likes of Roma, Napoli and Cagliari before we somehow put 3 past A.C. Milan to win away from home 3-2. That led to us also picking up points over Torino in a 2-2 draw, but a game we should of taken maximum points from. Sampdoria put us to the sword 5-0 but we managed a huge in over Palermo and set a good run of games to have 4 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses after 10 matches. 14 points in 10 games isn't going to set the world alight, but it has us sitting pretty in 8th place early on.

To put it into perspective, 3 of our losses came to top 6 sides. One of our wins came against a 5th placed Palermo. 2 wins came against mid table sides and one against a battling Chievo, while the draws have been against bottom feeders Torino and Spezia. We have a fair few 'easier' games still to play, so I am expecting us to be sitting lower mid table come the half way mark in January. I would not say safety is set, but last season 39 was enough for safety and we need 25 more from 18 games to reach that total, which at our rate of 1.4 points a game is 3 points more than we require.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Juventus   |       | 10    | 9     | 1     | 0     | 19    | 3     | +16   | 28    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Napoli     |       | 10    | 7     | 1     | 2     | 25    | 14    | +11   | 22    | 
| 3rd   |       | Roma       |       | 10    | 7     | 1     | 2     | 18    | 11    | +7    | 22    | 
| 4th   |       | Inter      |       | 10    | 6     | 2     | 2     | 18    | 10    | +8    | 20    | 
| 5th   |       | Palermo    |       | 10    | 6     | 1     | 3     | 20    | 14    | +6    | 19    | 
| 6th   |       | Cagliari   |       | 10    | 5     | 1     | 4     | 13    | 18    | -5    | 16    | 
| 7th   |       | Fiorentina |       | 10    | 5     | 0     | 5     | 17    | 17    | 0     | 15    | 
| 8th   |       | San Marino |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 14    | 19    | -5    | 14    | 
| 9th   |       | Bologna    |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 12    | 13    | -1    | 14    | 
| 10th  |       | A.C. Milan |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 15    | 15    | 0     | 14    | 
| 11th  |       | Atalanta   |       | 10    | 4     | 1     | 5     | 21    | 15    | +6    | 13    | 
| 12th  |       | Lazio      |       | 10    | 4     | 1     | 5     | 8     | 10    | -2    | 13    | 
| 13th  |       | Novara     |       | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 9     | 13    | -4    | 11    | 
| 14th  |       | Pescara    |       | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 13    | 15    | -2    | 11    | 
| 15th  |       | Sampdoria  |       | 10    | 2     | 4     | 4     | 17    | 21    | -4    | 10    | 
| 16th  |       | Spezia     |       | 10    | 3     | 1     | 6     | 14    | 19    | -5    | 10    | 
| 17th  |       | Empoli     |       | 9     | 2     | 2     | 5     | 8     | 13    | -5    | 8     | 
| 18th  |       | Chievo     |       | 10    | 2     | 2     | 6     | 9     | 15    | -6    | 8     | 
| 19th  |       | Udinese    |       | 10    | 2     | 1     | 7     | 12    | 20    | -8    | 7     | 
| 20th  |       | Torino     |       | 9     | 1     | 3     | 5     | 15    | 22    | -7    | 6     | 
|       |       |            |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Thought I would add something a little different... Here is my current lineup I have been rolling out so far this season. Some honorable mentions that do not appear here are Veratti, Bell, Yaisien and Douglas who are mainly my bench players.

[b][url="https://imageshack.com/i/p9NsB5HYj"]Jakubiak[/url][/b]

[b][url="https://imageshack.com/i/eyon9M1sj"]Carraro[/url]          [url="https://imageshack.com/i/ipaeylG0j"]Morra[/url]       [url="https://imageshack.com/i/p1VEU1fPj"]Draghetti[/url][/b]

[b][url="https://imageshack.com/i/kpjhBl3Zj"]Zimmermen[/url]     [url="https://imageshack.com/i/kmMzk75Bj"]Urso[/url][/b]

[b][url="https://imageshack.com/i/iq9i5rhAj"]Benedetti[/url]   [url="https://imageshack.com/i/eykaMuK4j"]Martinez[/url]   [url="https://imageshack.com/i/pbQezxwtj"]Vidic[/url]   [url="https://imageshack.com/i/p8EWhmnLj"]Rondanini[/url][/b]

[b][url="https://imageshack.com/i/pbmOiCXrj"]Venturi[/url][/b]

The draw for 2038 World Cup Qualifying is being made today.

1st Seeds.

Denmark.

Holland.

Germany.

Holland.

Spain.

France.

England.

Italy.

Poland.

2nd Seeds.

Israel.

Switzerland.

Romania.

Slovakia.

Ukraine.

Norway.

Wales.

Russia.

Slovenia.

3rd Seeds.

Albania.

Czech Republic.

Ireland.

Serbia.

Turkey.

Croatia.

Greece.

Scotland.

San Marino.

4th Seeds.

Austria.

Bulgaria.

Cyprus.

Belgium.

Sweden.

Belarus.

Georgia.

Finland.

Lithuania.

5th Seeds.

Armenia.

Estonia.

FYR Macedonia.

Latvia.

N.Ireland.

Bos & Herz.

Hungary.

Iceland.

Montenegro.

6th Seeds.

Andorra.

Azerbaijan.

Liechtenstein.

Luxembourg.

Faroe Islands.

Kazakhstan.

Malta.

Moldova.

Group 8.

France. (Ranked 10th).

Israel. (Ranked 28th).

San Marino. (Ranked 34th).

Austria. (Ranked 45th).

N.Ireland. (Ranked 92nd).

Malta. (Ranked 167th).

We've got to be happy with that. Ourselves, Israel and Austria seem to be at a similar level, then we have 2 poorer teams, (N.Ireland and Malta), and of course an elite team in France. The top team auto-qualifies and then 8 of the 9 second placed team qualify for the playoffs. We were the 9th of 9 second placed teams last time out, so hopefully another step forward this time.

Season 2018-19 Match Day 20

We only managed 10 points in our next 10 games to put us on 24 after 20 matches. It sees us 6 points clear of the drop, so we are still in a good place and have signed a few players to strengthen over the summer.

Our best result in this period, was a Italian Cup Semi Final first leg win over Juventus, winning 1-0 at hime. Juve had a man sent off in the 32nd minute and we capitalised, shutting up shop after the goal to go out with a 1 goal advantage to the second leg, which is in a few days time.

We now need 15 from 18 games, which is still under a point a game (I missed 10 games in my opening prediction on match day 10 so it worked out even better once I realised!), so I am still aiming to get 18 points in our last 18 matches to guarantee safety.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | Juventus   |       | 19    | 14    | 5     | 0     | 37    | 7     | +30   | 47    | 
| 2nd   |       | Roma       |       | 20    | 13    | 3     | 4     | 36    | 16    | +20   | 42    | 
| 3rd   |       | Inter      |       | 20    | 12    | 3     | 5     | 35    | 18    | +17   | 39    | 
| 4th   |       | Napoli     |       | 20    | 12    | 3     | 5     | 47    | 31    | +16   | 39    | 
| 5th   |       | Cagliari   |       | 20    | 11    | 4     | 5     | 36    | 28    | +8    | 37    | 
| 6th   |       | Palermo    |       | 20    | 11    | 2     | 7     | 37    | 28    | +9    | 35    | 
| 7th   |       | Fiorentina |       | 20    | 11    | 1     | 8     | 35    | 28    | +7    | 34    | 
| 8th   |       | Atalanta   |       | 20    | 9     | 5     | 6     | 42    | 25    | +17   | 32    | 
| 9th   |       | Pescara    |       | 20    | 8     | 3     | 9     | 31    | 30    | +1    | 27    | 
| 10th  |       | A.C. Milan |       | 20    | 7     | 5     | 8     | 28    | 26    | +2    | 26    | 
| 11th  |       | Sampdoria  |       | 20    | 6     | 8     | 6     | 33    | 34    | -1    | 26    | 
| 12th  |       | Lazio      |       | 20    | 6     | 6     | 8     | 19    | 27    | -8    | 24    | 
| 13th  |       | San Marino |       | 20    | 7     | 3     | 10    | 25    | 37    | -12   | 24    | 
| 14th  |       | Chievo     |       | 20    | 6     | 4     | 10    | 17    | 26    | -9    | 22    | 
| 15th  |       | Udinese    |       | 20    | 6     | 3     | 11    | 27    | 38    | -11   | 21    | 
| 16th  |       | Empoli     |       | 19    | 6     | 3     | 10    | 23    | 31    | -8    | 21    | 
| 17th  |       | Bologna    |       | 20    | 5     | 4     | 11    | 20    | 38    | -18   | 19    | 
| 18th  |       | Novara     |       | 20    | 5     | 3     | 12    | 21    | 36    | -15   | 18    | 
| 19th  |       | Spezia     |       | 20    | 4     | 3     | 13    | 23    | 41    | -18   | 15    | 
| 20th  |       | Torino     |       | 20    | 2     | 5     | 13    | 25    | 52    | -27   | 11    | 
|       |       |            |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Leon

Romania reached the 1/4 final of the 2014 world cup on mine, average since then. We nearly embarrassed them too as you'll see below. Also your Serie A midway table looks very similar to how mine did, looks good for you.

I don't usually do a pre-Christmas update, but in my 1st home qualifying group game I achieved my objective for the campaign. 62nd ranked team Armenia were the visitors, but they were unable to find a way through as we held out for a 0-0 draw. The following game against Romania was almost incredible, with just a single goal defeating us in the end.

All in all, when you look at the fixtures overview of 2016, it's the first time you can really see progress is being made. The only blip in there was Slovenia, but Alessandro Morri & 3 other regular starters missed that game. We're now up to 174 in the rankings as a result.

The club side are again sitting comfortably enough in lower mid table, hoping to survive slightly more easily than last year. I'll post another update on youth intake day.

Club Update. Sep 2035.

We have won our 1st trophy of the season, (the Euro Super Cup), but we needed pens to do so.

I have just registered our players for the Champions League group stages and I was interested to see how many HG players we had.

Of the 25 registered, 18 are classed as HG at club, 11 have (SMR) as their primary nationality, and another one has (SMR) as his 2nd Nationality.

My plan is to not buy any players who are too old so that they will not be classed as HG at club in the future.

National Team Update. Sep 2035.

After beating #1 ranked Spain we have received our boost in the rankings and have risen 15 positions up to a record high of 34th.

So we beat Spain at home and then 4 days later we stuck 7 goals past Luxembourg, (again at home).

When we revenged our previous home defeat to Belarus with a 3-0 away win, everything looked peachy, but the wheels have just come off as we lost 2-1 at home to Turkey. :mad:

Turkey could jump ahead of us into 2nd, but they would either have to beat Spain, (or we would have to lose to Luxembourg), for that to happen. Turkey first play Luxembourg, and a win there will see them just a single point behind us.

:(

[Edit]

On the plus side, we have still risen in the rankings and are now ranked 30th.

[Edit2]

We operate 2 tactics both at club and National Team level, (that are very similar but obviously not identical). For the Turkey game I opted for the more attacking 4231 AMC Triangle that started off as a "Home" tactic but is now considered a "dominant" tactic, where I expect us to win the game. My default tactic for both teams is a more defensive 41221 RGA Triangle that I love and that I have really developed over the last couple of decades. It gives great balance and is by far my favoured tactic. In hindsight. even though we were at home against Turkey, I should have learned from the 3-0 home defeat to Belarus that the attacking tactic needs to be used sparingly at NT level as we are not in the same position as our very dominant club side. That we played and beat Spain with the RGA tactic, (and also reversed the Belarus scoreline with the same tactic should have told me all I needed to know. Unfortunately, I am stupid!

Good job Coady and Jimbokav Seems like progress is being made all round.

My only piece of info is not good unfortunatley. All though we won the first leg of the Italian Cup Semi Final against Juve, we lost the second leg... 2-0. We ended up going out on aggregate 2-1 :(

Though unfortunate, it was a good run. Lets hope we can keep up the fight and stay up this year. So far so good!

Club Update. Sep 2035.

We are having a bit of a shocker at the moment.

We have only played 6 competitive games this season and we have already conceded goals in the 87th, 93rd, and 91st minute. Normally I wouldn't mind conceding goals, (that's a lie), but it's actually costing us points.

We only drew the Euro Super Cup, but then went on to win on pens.

We drew against Udinese in the league.

We drew with Ajax in the Champions League.

We lost to Genoa in the league.

That's shocking and we need to sort it out on the hurry-up or Napoli will be out of site. (They are already 5 points ahead of us after just 4 games).

Season 2018-19 Matchday 30]/b]

We got knocked out of the Italian Cup losing 2-1 on aggregate to Juventus, but the fight was there, as it has been all season. We also managed to bring in another 10 points from 10 games to be on 34 with 8 games to go. Our safety is far from guaranteed with only 4 point separating us from the drop, but there are a bunch of teams between us and them. With very game that passes, we become more and more anxious as to whether we will avoid the drop.

| 1st   |       | Juventus   |       | 30    | 18    | 8     | 4     | 51    | 18    | +33   | 62    | 
| 2nd   |       | Roma       |       | 30    | 18    | 6     | 6     | 55    | 25    | +30   | 60    | 
| 3rd   |       | Cagliari   |       | 30    | 17    | 8     | 5     | 54    | 35    | +19   | 59    | 
| 4th   |       | Fiorentina |       | 30    | 19    | 2     | 9     | 52    | 33    | +19   | 59    | 
| 5th   |       | Napoli     |       | 30    | 17    | 5     | 8     | 66    | 45    | +21   | 56    | 
| 6th   |       | Inter      |       | 30    | 16    | 6     | 8     | 53    | 31    | +22   | 54    | 
| 7th   |       | Palermo    |       | 30    | 15    | 6     | 9     | 56    | 43    | +13   | 51    | 
| 8th   |       | Atalanta   |       | 30    | 14    | 9     | 7     | 57    | 33    | +24   | 51    | 
| 9th   |       | A.C. Milan |       | 30    | 9     | 9     | 12    | 39    | 37    | +2    | 36    | 
| 10th  |       | Lazio      |       | 30    | 9     | 8     | 13    | 27    | 40    | -13   | 35    | 
| 11th  |       | San Marino |       | 30    | 9     | 7     | 14    | 34    | 54    | -20   | 34    | 
| 12th  |       | Udinese    |       | 30    | 9     | 7     | 14    | 41    | 50    | -9    | 34    | 
| 13th  |       | Pescara    |       | 30    | 9     | 6     | 15    | 38    | 47    | -9    | 33    | 
| 14th  |       | Sampdoria  |       | 30    | 7     | 12    | 11    | 45    | 56    | -11   | 33    | 
| 15th  |       | Novara     |       | 30    | 9     | 5     | 16    | 33    | 55    | -22   | 32    | 
| 16th  |       | Bologna    |       | 30    | 8     | 8     | 14    | 37    | 52    | -15   | 32    | 
| 17th  |       | Empoli     |       | 30    | 8     | 7     | 15    | 37    | 50    | -13   | 31    | 
| 18th  |       | Chievo     |       | 30    | 8     | 6     | 16    | 29    | 48    | -19   | 30    | 
| 19th  |       | Torino     |       | 30    | 7     | 7     | 16    | 40    | 60    | -20   | 28    | 
| 20th  |       | Spezia     |       | 30    | 5     | 6     | 19    | 30    | 62    | -32   | 21    | 

That sucks! Is yours set to 1 month rolling save? I have had no problems with FM14 yet, however on FM13 I had a few issues with game crashes so reverted to fortnightly.

No. I just save manually at key times. I would usually save after each NT squad selection and after any important game. yesterday though it was the first time in quite a while I had some nice uninterrupted FM playing time so was banging through the matches. I got interrupted and when I sat down again I knocked the laptop of the arm of the char and whammo!

I don't know why I didn't save after the NT squad selection. I think I was just so keen to get on to the next game.

Now today..... time to catch up, (and then some). ;)

Youth Intake day was almost pure elation for me. I had four 5* potential players emerge, with 2 of them eligible for San Marino NT (including the much craved target man). My frustration was born, however, when both rejected national team call ups. The first time this has ever happened to me for San Marino.

Here are the 2 superb Sammarinese youngsters:-

Fabrizio Albani - A fantastic young target man with exceptional potential.

Silvano Muccioli - Commanding young centre half with all the key stats in place.

With the season drawing towards a close the club team are comfortably safe, with mid table mediocrity an uneventful certainty. I will post updates of my best youngsters, marking their progression in the summer transfers post.

I feel your pain Coady. I just assume that no dual Nationality players will play for me even now, and any that agree to play is just a bonus.

Albani is no TM though. What makes him look like a TM to you? He's 5'7".

Muccioli looks good, but again he is short, (just 5'8"), and has jumping in single figures.

They are both brilliant for this early in the save though. Albani can certainly do a job in a different role. Muccioli will be ok for a couple of seasons at least at centre-half, but as you develop you might find that converting him to a DM or even DM might suit.

I feel your pain Coady. I just assume that no dual Nationality players will play for me even now, and any that agree to play is just a bonus.

Albani is no TM though. What makes him look like a TM to you? He's 5'7".

Muccioli looks good, but again he is short, (just 5'8"), and has jumping in single figures.

They are both brilliant for this early in the save though. Albani can certainly do a job in a different role. Muccioli will be ok for a couple of seasons at least at centre-half, but as you develop you might find that converting him to a DM or even DM might suit.

I never experienced it before, as players like Bianchi chose San Marino straight away despite having dual nationality and high potential. I'm sure I will get used to it though.

I only say Albani is a target man on the basis that I always use a target man in my tactics (hence Bianchi plays wide). I tend to still use drilled crosses and playing to feet though, so his aerial shortcomings should not be a problem. Also, at 16, there's plenty of time for him to grow yet. Again, Muccioli is 15, so I expect that to develop hugely over the next 2 seasons.

Coady. A while ago I tracked the growth in height of all players that came through my academy, (over a period of 7 seasons I think).

Not a single player grew more than 2".

Big players, (over 6'3" when created), never grew at all.

Smaller players grew more, (but never more than 2" for me.

I have seen someone else say that a player has grown 3" for them.

So in summary, a 5'8" DC is only going to be a 5'10" DC at max, (which is short), and will impact jumping ceiling.

Coady. A while ago I tracked the growth in height of all players that came through my academy, (over a period of 7 seasons I think).

Not a single player grew more than 2".

Big players, (over 6'3" when created), never grew at all.

Smaller players grew more, (but never more than 2" for me.

I have seen someone else say that a player has grown 3" for them.

So in summary, a 5'8" DC is only going to be a 5'10" DC at max, (which is short), and will impact jumping ceiling.

That's interesting, I will certainly track that on my game too. I'm hoping Muccioli will be a rare exception as he's grown an inch in the summer break already (still 15), so hopefully he can make at least 5'11''

Season 2018-19 Matchday 38

The season has ended and we have done very well to finish in 12th in our first season in Serie A. No thanks to Jakubiak and our midfield who have done an amazing job in the middle of the park in such a huge step up.

| 1st   | ECC   | Juventus   |       | 38    | 25    | 9     | 4     | 65    | 21    | +44   | 84    | 
| 2nd   | ECC   | Roma       |       | 38    | 23    | 8     | 7     | 65    | 31    | +34   | 77    | 
| 3rd   | ECC   | Cagliari   |       | 38    | 22    | 8     | 8     | 72    | 48    | +24   | 74    | 
| 4th   | ECC   | Napoli     |       | 38    | 21    | 7     | 10    | 83    | 61    | +22   | 70    | 
| 5th   | EC    | Inter      |       | 38    | 20    | 8     | 10    | 65    | 39    | +26   | 68    | 
| 6th   | EC    | Fiorentina |       | 38    | 22    | 2     | 14    | 64    | 49    | +15   | 68    | 
| 7th   |       | Palermo    |       | 38    | 18    | 7     | 13    | 67    | 56    | +11   | 61    | 
| 8th   |       | Atalanta   |       | 38    | 15    | 12    | 11    | 67    | 45    | +22   | 57    | 
| 9th   |       | A.C. Milan |       | 38    | 15    | 10    | 13    | 56    | 45    | +11   | 55    | 
| 10th  |       | Udinese    |       | 38    | 13    | 10    | 15    | 56    | 60    | -4    | 49    | 
| 11th  |       | Lazio      |       | 38    | 12    | 10    | 16    | 36    | 47    | -11   | 46    | 
| 12th  |       | San Marino |       | 38    | 12    | 9     | 17    | 46    | 68    | -22   | 45    | 
| 13th  |       | Chievo     |       | 38    | 12    | 8     | 18    | 41    | 57    | -16   | 44    | 
| 14th  |       | Torino     |       | 38    | 10    | 10    | 18    | 50    | 68    | -18   | 40    | 
| 15th  |       | Empoli     |       | 38    | 10    | 9     | 19    | 49    | 63    | -14   | 39    | 
| 16th  |       | Bologna    |       | 38    | 10    | 9     | 19    | 41    | 60    | -19   | 39    | 
| 17th  |       | Pescara    |       | 38    | 10    | 8     | 20    | 46    | 61    | -15   | 38    | 
| 18th  | R     | Novara     |       | 38    | 10    | 7     | 21    | 43    | 73    | -30   | 37    | 
| 19th  | R     | Sampdoria  |       | 38    | 7     | 14    | 17    | 51    | 73    | -22   | 35    | 
| 20th  | R     | Spezia     |       | 38    | 7     | 7     | 24    | 39    | 77    | -38   | 28    | 

Not much more to say other than enjoy the table and much more work to improve on next season.

2018-19 Season Review

A great season in the end. Our defence struggled to cope with the pace and stamina of the step up, but they did adequately enough to navigate us to safety by 8 points.

Zimmerman, Morra, Jakubiak and Carraro helped us at the attacking end, being involved in the majority of our goals amongst those 4. They will be important come next season to help us stay up again.

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                 | Apps   | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   | Hol  | Giacomo Venturi      | 44     | 2    | 0    | 0    | 93%  | -    | -    | 100% | 1    | 0    | 7.07   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   | Hol  | Ivan Rondanini       | 32 (3) | 0    | 1    | 1    | 81%  | 3.63 | 0.63 | 0%   | 14   | 0    | 6.74   | 
| DCR  | Hol  | Nemanja Vidic        | 33 (2) | 2    | 0    | 1    | 70%  | 3.23 | 0.13 | 33%  | 10   | 1    | 6.69   | 
| DCL  | Hol  | Cristian Martínez    | 39 (3) | 2    | 0    | 0    | 79%  | 3.92 | 0.45 | 33%  | 11   | 0    | 6.71   | 
| DL   | Hol  | Amedeo Benedetti     | 42     | 1    | 3    | 2    | 84%  | 4.00 | 0.73 | 25%  | 9    | 0    | 6.91   | 
| MCR  | Hol  | Francesco Urso       | 31 (1) | 0    | 0    | 0    | 88%  | 2.73 | 0.79 | 20%  | 12   | 0    | 6.85   | 
| MCL  | Hol  | John Zimmerman       | 38 (2) | 6    | 6    | 3    | 82%  | 2.97 | 2.25 | 23%  | 11   | 0    | 7.06   | 
| AMR  | Inj  | Gianluca Draghetti   | 39 (3) | 4    | 5    | 2    | 84%  | 1.00 | 3.03 | 42%  | 4    | 0    | 6.84   | 
| AMC  |      | Niccolò Morra        | 34 (2) | 4    | 11   | 2    | 81%  | 1.53 | 1.46 | 40%  | 1    | 0    | 6.92   | 
| AML  | Hol  | Federico Carraro     | 42     | 11   | 11   | 7    | 78%  | 1.65 | 2.75 | 45%  | 3    | 0    | 7.05   | 
| STC  | Inj  | Alex Jakubiak        | 41     | 18   | 9    | 4    | 79%  | 0.67 | 0.48 | 57%  | 5    | 0    | 6.96   | 
| S1   | Hol  | Andrea Guatelli      | -      | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
| S2   | Hol  | Vittorio Ferrero     | 13 (2) | 0    | 0    | 0    | 73%  | 3.85 | -    | 0%   | 6    | 0    | 6.66   | 
| S3   | Hol  | Andrea Magrini       | 3 (4)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 84%  | 2.64 | 0.79 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.83   | 
| S4   | Hol  | Daniel Jara          | 0 (9)  | 2    | 0    | 0    | 60%  | 0.49 | 1.96 | 71%  | 0    | 0    | 6.90   | 
| S5   | Hol  | Pat Douglas          | 14 (8) | 1    | 0    | 0    | 82%  | 3.05 | 0.97 | 75%  | 3    | 0    | 6.84   | 
| S6   | Hol  | Abdallah Yaisien     | 6 (16) | 1    | 4    | 1    | 82%  | 1.91 | 1.68 | 36%  | 0    | 0    | 6.79   | 
| S7   | Hol  | Juan Cruz Arcos      | 1 (15) | 0    | 1    | 0    | 80%  | 1.07 | 1.79 | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 6.63   | 
| S8   | Hol  | James Bell           | 9 (15) | 0    | 0    | 0    | 85%  | 2.51 | 0.54 | 50%  | 4    | 0    | 6.74   | 
| S9   | Hol  | Francesco Di Tacchio | 4 (5)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 83%  | 1.37 | 0.92 | -    | 3    | 0    | 6.50   | 
| S10  | Hol  | Pietro Urso Russo    | 0 (11) | 1    | 1    | 0    | 89%  | 1.02 | 0.51 | 67%  | 0    | 0    | 6.98   | 
| S11  | Hol  | Luca Veratti         | 4 (21) | 1    | 0    | 0    | 78%  | 0.99 | 1.28 | 29%  | 2    | 0    | 6.69   | 
| S12  | Inj  | Hubert Simon         | 13 (2) | 1    | 0    | 0    | 85%  | 2.08 | 0.48 | 18%  | 2    | 0    | 6.80   | 
| -    | Hol  | Giulio Migliaccio    | 1 (2)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 66%  | 3.21 | -    | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 6.75   | 
| -    | Hol  | Luca Mazzitelli      | 0 (1)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 100% | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | -      | 
| -    | Hol  | Marco Maini          | 1      | 0    | 0    | 0    | 73%  | 4.00 | 1.00 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.60   | 
| -    | Hol  | Gabriele Olivieri    | 0 (2)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 75%  | 0.00 | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.60   | 
|      |      |                      |        |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

We went on a fantastic run towards the end of the Serie A season, finish strongly to secure our best ever league finish of 8th place, just four points off the Euro Cup slot!

The summer transfer window was quite busy I suppose, but the long list can be misleading. Here is the full transfer history for this window. In terms of first team squad players it was 6 out and 6 in, as Badu was just retained from co-ownership & Renzi was simply purchased as he is a key NT player. In many cases you will see I've either loaned or purchased young players, to give more youth a chance this year as back-up players. I decided to loan many Sammarinese players out, as most of them had now reached within 1* of their full potential and needed football.

I also thought I'd do a quick update on my 2 favourite home grown players and their continued development:-

Giacomo Bianchi (2014) - really developed technically and thrived last year, scoring important goals for both club and country.

Alessandro Morri (2016) - fantastic first year of development, has everything to be a really solid centre half at top division level.

Finally, both youth & training facilities are both being upgraded again, with youth recruitment network to follow next summer. Also, the stadium has had a further 1083 seats added, taking the capacity to 9187 now. This can hopefully help me go 1 more year without a stadium request, especially as most of my key players are already on 3-4 year deals.

EuroQualification2035_zpsb20e220a.png

So after a long time trying, we have finally qualified for a tournament Finals.

I forgot that 2 auto-qualify and that 3rd spot competes for a playoff spot. I thought that I would just be qualifying for the playoffs until I saw the Q. :D

EUROTableQual2035_zpsbafb7a0f.png

It was all a bit of an anti-climax in the end. I'm glad we have qualified for the EURO's first because they are less of a deal than the World Cup.

Now let's see what will happen once we get there. To get out of the Group stages would be amazing, bur I suppose it depends who we get in our group.

Coady

Looks like a great season, and great transfers in too.

Bianchi has 25 caps at 19! wow, he looks like he will be the star of the future... 200 caps potentially too!

Jimbokav

Congrats on the Euro Championships! Huge achievement. It is still a tough tournament so well done in making it. It is also the closest thing I came to winning. I lost in the final to Spain on penalties. Let's hope you can go one further!

Coady. Bianchi does look brilliant. You can't know how lucky you have been to produce a player like that at this early stage of the save and have him be eligible to play for (SMR). VERY lucky. (I'm jelous). He is going to set all sorts of records.

leon. 12th in your 1st season in Serie A is brilliant.

Just to give you an idea of how I progressed, I started with 13th and then went 13th, (again), 10th, 8th, 8th, 5th, 5th, 7th, 6th, 2nd, 1st.

I did really take it easy with League progression though and was far more interested in the Italian Cup as a route into Europe in those early years. I think

I made the Cup Final in my 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th Seasons in Serie A, so by the time I was Serie A champions, we had already appeared in 6 Finals and were regulars in Europe even before our league position warranted it. This was great not just for finances, but also reputation and importantly squad development with my large squad of young players. I wasn't in a rush to get into the Champions League. I loved those early seasons in the Euro Cup and it was a really good stepping stone for 7 season before we joined the Champions League.

Coady. Bianchi does look brilliant. You can't know how lucky you have been to produce a player like that at this early stage of the save and have him be eligible to play for (SMR). VERY lucky. (I'm jelous). He is going to set all sorts of records.

I know he was a huge bit of luck for first season intake, and looking like he will fill the 'good Serie A' potential as well. He has also made over 100 club appearances already, albeit mostly from the bench.

On another point you made, I've so far struggled in the cup since my promotion to Serie A. It's getting to the stage now where I really could do with a Europa League group stage to help some of the younger players get games at first team level.

Finally, I have just had the most wonderful game week in my save so far. After securing a comfortable draw at Champions Juventus with the club side, the national team secured their first qualifying win against world 34th team Slovenia! I hope 2 good friendly results in November can add to this and boost our ranking fairly significantly.

Coady.

I really did have a bit of a strange plan when it came to the Cup in those early years. Because it was obvious that I was never going to get relegated, (after finishing 13th in my 1st season), what I did was rotate players for the league game in front of every Cup match to ensure that I had the best possible chance. No matter who I was playing in Serie A before a Cup game, I would rest the whole 1st XI for the Serie A game. By countering the opposition, and really taking the pressure off in team-talks and build-up media, it seemed as if the big boys really underestimated us because we still had a really low rep and we were able to take advantage of this.

The other thing that I did was just rest players every single time I played against the likes of AC, Inter, Juve and Napoli. I was never going to win these games so instead I completely rotated the squad and concentrated on the game after, which was winnable. If there were 2 of these matches in a row then I would simply select the easier of the 2 games, (or the home game if there was not much in it), and concentrate on winning that game, (or even getting a point).

This sort of rotation didn't just allow me to focus on more important games, (or better described as more winnable games), but also helped me blood youngsters and fringe players who might otherwise not see much playing time at all. Because I always gave a ridiculously large squad it works for me, but it might not suite everyone.

That's a brilliant result with the NT. :thup: I went from beating Belarus on 12th Jun 2015 to 26th March 2027, (almost 12 years), without winning a competitive game. We won friendlies and we drew 3 competitive games during this time, but boy was it hard work.

Coady.

I really did have a bit of a strange plan when it came to the Cup in those early years. Because it was obvious that I was never going to get relegated, (after finishing 13th in my 1st season), what I did was rotate players for the league game in front of every Cup match to ensure that I had the best possible chance. No matter who I was playing in Serie A before a Cup game, I would rest the whole 1st XI for the Serie A game. By countering the opposition, and really taking the pressure off in team-talks and build-up media, it seemed as if the big boys really underestimated us because we still had a really low rep and we were able to take advantage of this.

The other thing that I did was just rest players every single time I played against the likes of AC, Inter, Juve and Napoli. I was never going to win these games so instead I completely rotated the squad and concentrated on the game after, which was winnable. If there were 2 of these matches in a row then I would simply select the easier of the 2 games, (or the home game if there was not much in it), and concentrate on winning that game, (or even getting a point).

This sort of rotation didn't just allow me to focus on more important games, (or better described as more winnable games), but also helped me blood youngsters and fringe players who might otherwise not see much playing time at all. Because I always gave a ridiculously large squad it works for me, but it might not suite everyone.

The only problem I would have with that is most of my good run in the first 2 seasons came against the better sides ironically. The cup games I have been unfortunate I suppose, going out to AC Milan and Inter in my 2 Serie A seasons. Also, after stealing 8the last year & Italian coefficient improving, I feel I have a decent chance to get 7th and the Euro Cup slot that comes with it.

Also, I didn't have to wait for the November friendlies. The win over Slovenia led to San Marino flying up the world rankings!

Jimbokav

I have taken a similar path in the Cup. Although only my first season, I made it to the Semi's and actually on the first leg over Juventus 1-0 before going down 2-0 in the return.

I don't have a large squad as yet as my focus was bringing in the best free players I could, which is what led to 12th place. My wage bill is kind of bloated at around £250k but I want to get to a point where we have enough buoyancy that I can start getting better facilities.

I also like smaller squads as it forces my hand at using younger players, especially once they get better as the facilities improve.

Coady

Great win and ranking rise. You seem to be kicking on very well. How much have your facilities improved with your rapid success, as I find the board tends to knock me back a fair bit at this stage (start of second Serie A season) and I am expecting I may have to wait a while until my reputation increases.

Did you request certain things before others? I am targeting my youth facilities primarily.

Coady

Great win and ranking rise. You seem to be kicking on very well. How much have your facilities improved with your rapid success, as I find the board tends to knock me back a fair bit at this stage (start of second Serie A season) and I am expecting I may have to wait a while until my reputation increases.

Did you request certain things before others? I am targeting my youth facilities primarily.

From the off I targeted facilities, both training & youth. They are now great & good respectively, with further improvements to both already agreed for the end of this season. I also now have excellent junior coaching which seems to have a big impact on the youth intake in my experience on FM14.

The only one I always struggle with is the Youth Recruitment Network, which is now Above Average after a recent upgrade. This one always seems to lag behind the others in developing, though it hasn't impacted on my youth intake so far thankfully. Finally, I'm trying to leave the stadium request as long as possible, as I'm conscious of waiting for a bigger stadium with the 20 year rule a potential future restriction.

Firstly. I'll get the youth intake out of the way. The most uneventful in my tenure so far, with no players with over 3* potential. I had one useful central midfielder with dual nationality (who won't play for San Marino), and one versatile wide midfielder with 2* potential (leading Serie B standard) who will be first choice in NT to boost development and improve squad.

On to the good news now! Just as I said it was needed, European Football will be coming to San Marino. With the club side languishing in lower mid-table at the winter break (but well clear of relegation), I decided to rotate the squad as others have done. Sure enough, 3 narrow victories later I have reached the Italian cup final & secured my place in the Euro Cup Third Qualifying Round next season. This also impacted positively on my league form, as you can see from the fixtures. This has given me hope of another top half league finish. The signing of Yaya Toure on a free was massive, as Sissoko picked up a long term injury leaving us short of experience in big games.

The club is now also subject of a consortium takeover, with a transfer embargo currently enforced upon me. Finally, despite not playing the NT has edged up to 117 in the world rankings. This is sure to drop soon as our 5 team Euro qualifying group includes Holland & Belgium!

AC Milan 0-1 San Marino

Despite the absence of our first choice front three through long term injury and a poor league run in the build up to the final, we somehow stole a win thanks to a goal by talisman Crisetig. This means we will now enter the Euro Cup at the group stage next season. I'm actually a little disappointed to lose out on the four extra games, but would not change it for the first major trophy in just the 5th year of the save!

The only bad news is that Bianchi has had a number of niggling injuries recently & now only has 2.5* potential, he has also struggled to develop at all this season.

AC Milan 0-1 San Marino

Despite the absence of our first choice front three through long term injury and a poor league run in the build up to the final, we somehow stole a win thanks to a goal by talisman Crisetig. This means we will now enter the Euro Cup at the group stage next season. I'm actually a little disappointed to lose out on the four extra games, but would not change it for the first major trophy in just the 5th year of the save!

The only bad news is that Bianchi has had a number of niggling injuries recently & now only has 2.5* potential, he has also struggled to develop at all this season.

Great win,

You really seem to be making big strides now.

I haven't had the chance to play for the last day or two but this makes me want to really get into it tonight when I get home after work!

AC Milan 0-1 San Marino

That's brill. :thup:

I didn't make any real progress until 2020/21 when we made proper progress for the 1st time and lost to Juve in the Final after extra time. Previously I had just played weakened teams and concentrated on the league.

This could also be down to you now having better (CA), players in that position at the club now. He is being judged against your best player, (CA), in that position at your club.

This could also be down to you now having better (CA), players in that position at the club now. He is being judged against your best player, (CA), in that position at your club.

My highest star rated player has been at the club 3 years (Crisetig) and has not changed star rating in this time. That's why I'm so confused by this drop. I've not signed any superstars as I'm trying to keep the wage bill down for when I ask for a new stadium in 1 or 2 years time. Alessandro Morri has overtaken Bianchi now, he is already 2.5* current ability at 18!

sadly i can confirm that once you get higher ranked than italy, the youth prospects still don't want to play for you. i've gone up to 6th in the world (somehow), ahead of italy, but my best dual nationality youth prospects still want to play for the flailing italians, frustrating...

sadly i can confirm that once you get higher ranked than italy, the youth prospects still don't want to play for you. i've gone up to 6th in the world (somehow), ahead of italy, but my best dual nationality youth prospects still want to play for the flailing italians, frustrating...

Come on MADA. Update us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Bloody hell, what year is that?

European Football Championships 2036.

Group A.

Ireland (ranked 21st).

Romania (ranked 37th).

San Marino (ranked 31st).

Spain (ranked 1st).

Group B.

Belgium (ranked 38th).

England (ranked 12th).

Holland (ranked 5th).

Slovenia (ranked 27th).