[FM14] Morons? You Bet!

GreyedOutMan

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

July/August Update 2028

Media Prediction 2028: 14th

This month's results. Only one league win but also only one draw, so not too bad. Fairly routine victory against Tord, although it was a while cominh.

The highlight was the win at Varmbol, again because of the clean sheet.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Alexander Astrom, who is finally forming a partnership with Eriksson which might be the answer to the long-standing defensive issues I have had.

The squad as a whole is doing a bit better than the numbers suggest, in my opinion. But a few poor performances have brought down the averages.

League Table - , but still mid-table, but I feel confident we're more likely to go up the table than down it.

Saving the game....!!!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

Youth Graduates Update 2028

Media Prediction 2027: 14th

The three games since the last update yielded just one point this time and I need an injection of fresh blood to rejuvinate the squad.

We got our point against Assyriska but I couldn't exactly call it a highlight.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jonathan Blomqvist, who scored three of our four goals this month.

The squad is definitely ready for a fresh injection with a lot of underperformers.

League Table - don't think we'll be at any risk of relegation but the promotion challenge that looked on at the start of the season has totally faded.

...and my academy graduates are not likely to offer much in the short term, at least. I'm pretty much resigned to a few more years at this level. But I hope the squad is too strong to go down again.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

End of Season Update 2028

Media Prediction 2027: 14th

In the last few games, I did give a couple of the new guys a chance and in the first game both of them scored. We played much better with the pressure off and got three wins from the last four games.

League Table - our best ever season, but not by much.

Swedish Cup - bit of a breakthrough here, three teams were level on six points by the end so we were a bit unlucky. Next year?

Squad

Not really good enough this year, we are better than that. My player of the season is Eriksson who is the first defender for ages to average seven in a whole season. Blomqvist won the fans' award. I awarded Jesper Fajers a testimonial in the off-season too.

Best XI.

Historical XI - no new inductees, record goalscorer still on the bench.

Significant Departures including Youth released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents.

David Hardell has left for a second time, second on my all-time appearance list. Time to move on, he's never produced. There were a couple of youth players who were promising but none enough to justify lucrative contracts.

After the screenshot, I sold Sam Ronnqvist for a record-equalling £20k.

Youth Intake

It's great to finally have a really promising goalkeeper in Kallqvist, and left wing is another position we need cover in.

Finances - clearly finishing higher in the first Division Elite pays well. Could the next twelve months finally be the time I get that youth upgrade...?

Because each league has a different number of teams, I'm presenting this as a list of percentages along with points record for ease of comparison.

[size=3][b][u]Season    League                  Won%   Drawn%   Lost%   Points/Game  GD/Game  Position   Achievements[/u][/b] 
2013      2nd Division North       36      23      41        1.32        0.00     7th
2014      2nd Division North       41      23      36        1.45       +0.14     4th 
2015      2nd Division North       68       5      27        2.09       +1.09     2nd
2016      2nd Division North       55       9      36        1.73       +0.41     4th
2017      2nd Division North       59      18      23        1.95       +0.91     3rd
2018      2nd Division North       45      23      32        1.59       +0.73     4th
2019      2nd Division North       59      14      27        1.91       +0.77     1st      [b]PROMOTION[/b]
2020      1st Division North       46      19      35        1.58       -0.19     3rd
2021      1st Division North       35      42      27        1.46       +0.50     5th
2022      1st Division North       58      19      23        1.92       +0.85     1st      [b]PROMOTION[/b]
2023      1st Division Elite       37      23      40        1.33       +0.20    11th
2024      1st Division Elite       17      30      53        0.80       -0.87    16th      [b]Relegation :-([/b]
2025      1st Division North       69      15      15        2.38       +1.19     1st      [b]PROMOTION[/b]
2026      1st Division Elite       23      20      57        0.90       -0.63    13th      Survived relegation playoff
2027      1st Division Elite       30      20      50        1.10       -0.33    13th      Survived relegation playoff
2028      1st Division Elite       40      17      43        1.37       -0.20     9th      

[b]OVERALL                            44      21      35        1.50       +0.24     6th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? Having hit my target of 40 points this year, I want to really push for promotion now. I doubt I'll get promoted next year but I want to sustain a challenge - we challenged for half of this season.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

Pre-Season Update 2029

Media Prediction 2029: 11th

The group games in the cup were a total contrast to last year, we draw a total blank. But I have bigger fish to fry.

The highlight was non-existant.

The Manager's Player of Pre-Season is Luis Lopez who is the only player who did anything good.

The squad as a whole is not as good as my assistant thinks. I can't see this squad getting promoted, unfortunately. But I'll keep trying.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

April Update 2029

This month's results have me worried. No wins in five league games.

The highlight was the 2-2 draw with Trelleborgs, not that we played well...

I couldn't actually pick a player of the month this month, everyone was so poor.

The squad as a whole is just not good enough any more, I'm not sure why.

League Table - well, we challenged for the first half of last season, maybe we're going to challenge for promotion at the business end of this one.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

May Update 2029

Dropped the ball and left the update until a game late. Not that it makes any difference to the outcome.

This month's results have left us winless. Not good at all. There was no highlight and no player of the month.

The squad as a whole is massively underperforming and I have no idea why, after such a good year last year and no changes to the squad...

League Table - still winless, and I'm almost resigned to relegation now. It's time to start rebuilding - the fact is that until I refresh the squad with players with the attitude to fulfil their potential, I'm going to be a yoyo club.

Unless something dramatic changes, I won't be posting again until the end of the season because I think it's fairly predictable. I will post a youth intake update.te, probably - although even that could wait until the end of season update.

See y'all at the end of the season (or near it).

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

Youth Graduates Update 2029

Media Prediction 2027: 11th

Form has improved since the last update, but it's unlikely to be enough. I did qualify for the group phase in the cup, though. The extra cash will be useful as we will miss out on a big payment next season for TV money.

The squad is just not good enough for this level any more, and I need to rebuild.

League Table - probably down - although you never quite know. It might not be a bad thing, I can have a tactical rejig in the 1st North and gradually build up a better side built around a more solid defence.

My academy graduates are nothing special except for Viklund who will go straight into the first team.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

End of Season Update 2029

The end of the season saw us improve for a while, but not enough.

League Table - I knew that rebuilding was essential and though I was hoping to do it in this league, it was never looking likely this year.

Swedish Cup - lost all three group games but we will be in them again next year.

Squad

Not a good year, and that's reflected here. Eriksson just about gets the nod for me as player of the year. The fans agreed.

Best XI.

Historical XI - no new inductees. Seriously annoyed by Fajers' continued presence in midfield.

Significant Departures including Youth released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents.

Hannes Lundgren was the highest rated player in his intake but never looked it. After I took the screenshot, Brannvall was poached by Djurgarden. But we'll be compensated - £20k to start with, rising to £75k with add-ons. That's significant. Despite his awesome attributes, he never impressed for me. Shortly after, I released Nils Dahlberg who was in the reserves and did not justify his wage. He has had a good career with us.

Youth Intake

Nothing much here. Viklund looks to have serious potential, but he no longer fits into my system as I've moved to a 4-4-2 with a diamond, so no wingers...

Finances - looking good, we'll take a hit now we've been relegated though.

Because each league has a different number of teams, I'm presenting this as a list of percentages along with points record for ease of comparison.

[size=3][b][u]Season    League                  Won%   Drawn%   Lost%   Points/Game  GD/Game  Position   Achievements[/u][/b] 
2013      2nd Division North       36      23      41        1.32        0.00     7th
2014      2nd Division North       41      23      36        1.45       +0.14     4th 
2015      2nd Division North       68       5      27        2.09       +1.09     2nd
2016      2nd Division North       55       9      36        1.73       +0.41     4th
2017      2nd Division North       59      18      23        1.95       +0.91     3rd
2018      2nd Division North       45      23      32        1.59       +0.73     4th
2019      2nd Division North       59      14      27        1.91       +0.77     1st      [b]PROMOTION[/b]
2020      1st Division North       46      19      35        1.58       -0.19     3rd
2021      1st Division North       35      42      27        1.46       +0.50     5th
2022      1st Division North       58      19      23        1.92       +0.85     1st      [b]PROMOTION[/b]
2023      1st Division Elite       37      23      40        1.33       +0.20    11th
2024      1st Division Elite       17      30      53        0.80       -0.87    16th      [b]Relegation :-([/b]
2025      1st Division North       69      15      15        2.38       +1.19     1st      [b]PROMOTION[/b]
2026      1st Division Elite       23      20      57        0.90       -0.63    13th      Survived relegation playoff
2027      1st Division Elite       30      20      50        1.10       -0.33    13th      Survived relegation playoff
2028      1st Division Elite       40      17      43        1.37       -0.20     9th
2029      1st Division Elite       16      37      47        0.86       -0.70    16th      [b]Relegation :-([/b]

[b]OVERALL                            42      21      37        1.47       +0.14     9th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? I don't really want to go straight back up, this time. I want to develop the side a bit, phase out Fajers and replace him, bring a bit more defensive stability to the team. I'll have a look at the squad over the summer, maybe have a tactical overhaul, think about which players I could get some money for and which can form the nucleus of a side that could get promoted in two or three years and then really push up the Elite league.

We're now a month into the official year of FM - and I'm already just about to hit the '30s. This is going to be the longest game I've ever played on FM by a long way - a century, maybe??? It'll probably take me that long to reach the Premier League!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

Pre-Season Update 2030

Media Prediction 2030: 1st

The group games in the cup were not bad, but we should have beaten Kalmar, having been two goals up, and then we would have gone through.

The highlight was the VSK win, let's hope I can do the same thing in the league.

The Manager's Player of Pre-Season is Jesper Fajers, rolling back the years.

The squad as a whole really impressed against Premiership sides. Let's hope this is a sign of things to come - particularly pleasing were the performances of the three 19-year olds, Larsson, Dyrestam and Almgren.

Saving the game....!!!

I read over the last few updates, and I must say, I have thoroughly enjoyed your format! Its a shame about getting relegated, and I hope you can work Viklund in somehow as he seems to be talented.

Thanks for the feedback, it's really appreciated. My plan is to leave Viklund in the youth team for a short while, then loan him out for a year or two until I change formation...at the moment, I simply don't have the players to play with wingers - I have four really decent central midfielders...

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

April/May Update 2030

The first month back in the third tier wasn't as good as I'd hoped - the unbeaten season I sort of envisaged went after just 3 games - but I'm doing well enough.

The highlight was the 3-1 win against Sylvia, good to see Rasmus Larsson performing.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Blomqvist. He's now finally forming a really solid partnership with Fajers and established himself as the number one 2nd striker.

The squad as a whole is doing OK, but I need everyone performing to the standard of the others. It's good to finally have another defender doing well, but it's a shame Burstrom is only back on loan.

League Table - doing well enough but by this time next month, I want to be clear at the top.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

May/June Update 2030

A great month as we secure five straight wins. I can't remember the last time I had a 100% month! The Sandvikens game saw three red cards in five minutes!

The highlight was winning 4-1 away to Varnbol, though the Assyriska game was equally good.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Blomqvist, whose career started so slowly but has taken off in recent years.

The squad as a whole is doing very well at this level, ten players averaging over 7. We belong a level higher, but it's going to be about taking that next step and establishing ourselves at that level and then moving towards the Premiership.

League Table - I said I wanted to be clear at the top by the end of this month. Mission achieved.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

June/July Update 2030

The winning run came to an end just before the mid-season break, but we're still unbeaten in ages

The highlight was the VSK win, despite not scoring a normal goal.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Almgren, the defence has been so much more solid lately.

The squad as a whole is now ready to move up. Let's finish this season fast and really give it a crack in the Elite league. I see no reason why we can't get promotion to the Premiership the year after next.

League Table - almost at the half-way stage, and things are looking good. I don't want to have to rely on a playoff though, we must pull clear of Karlstad.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

July/August Update 2030

Still unbeaten in the league, although despite a valiant effort against a Premiership side (we were 1-0 out), we have failed to make the group stages for the first time in a while.

The highlight was the 3-0 win against Karlskoga, pretty much a complete performance.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Robert Eriksson, returning to form after a poor first half of the season.

The squad as a whole is only worrying me because the two best players are out of contract and won't discuss renewals. I'd hate to lose Blomqvist just as he hits his straps...

League Table - want to get promoted as early as possible so that I can give a chance to the new generation coming through. Particularly if Blomqvist is not staying, it would be good to get a new striker scoring goals this season in preparation for next. I have someone in mind, but we'll see who comes through the academy.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

Youth Graduates Update 2030

Form has deserted us since the last update, although we're still unbeaten in the league.

The squad seems to have got a bit complacent and the performances have seriously dropped off with a couple of notable exceptions.

Luis Lopez is the player of the month, returning to form at a good time as we look to step up a division.

League Table - four wins from the remaining eight games should be enough.

My academy graduates look pretty decent, especially Liljestrand. I'm looking for a striker, and Nordqvist is an option, but I'm going to go for David Nyman from the 2026 intake for the time being. He's been doing really well in the reserves.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

September Update 2030

The unbeaten run ends, and we've lost two games in September and only got one win. Complacency has been the main culprit.

The win against Akropolis was actually very good but we need to be at that level more consistently if we're going to do well in the Elite.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Rasmus Larsson who has had a good season.

The squad as a whole has reversed. I'm now struggling for strikers. With Blomqvist all but gone, I'm trying to blood Nyman but it's proving hard now we're in a real fight for promotion. I was hoping it'd be done and dusted by now.

League Table - I've ballsed up this season. Should get away with it and go up, but it doesn't fill me with confidence for next season as the first half of the season did.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

End of Season Update 2030

The Karlstad game was really exciting, and I did push for the winner that would have sealed it but in the end we went to the last day needing a win to guarantee promotion. Despite a dreadful run-in, we did manage it.

League Table - it wasn't anything like as easy as it should have been, but we're promoted, and that's what matters.

Swedish Cup - unlucky to draw a Premiership side this year in the 2nd round and nearly beat them. I was 2-0 up against Kalmar in the groups, too...

Squad

A good year where finally all the elements came together - defence was really solid, some really good midfielders, and after a slow start, the strikers managed a goal a game between them. Blomqvist was easily player of the year in what was looking like his final season. He asked for £24k but as I could only offer him £21k, I offered him a £5k loyalty bonus when he only asked for £1k and the guy obviously can't add up because he just stormed out. However, after my new budgets allowed me to offer him more, I persuaded him to sign a new deal. He's expensive but with Fajers on the way out, well worth £31,500 a year plus £12k in fees and bonuses.

Luis Lopez should be congratulated - the first senior international from Moron!

Best XI.

Historical XI - I've tried to contact SI about this. Really annoying.

Significant Departures including ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents.

I sold on Nils Burstrom who hadn't really done much, and Brannvall was poached by Djurgarden for a very small compensation. In Dahlberg and Martinsson we lost two of our longest serving players, and in Norberg and Winka, two key central midfielders. None of these are absolutely central to my plans but I'm not as strong as I'd like going back into the Elite league.

This came as a massive shock in early November. I will be creating a separate post to celebrate his achievements.

Youth Intake

Looking very impressive. Liljestrand still looks good but my Assistant now rates Ian Dominguez as the best prospect. I do need strikers...

Finances - didn't take too large a hit in the past year, and the increased TV money means we should be able to get a bit of a facilities upgrade soon.

2029      1st Division Elite       16      37      47        0.86       -0.70    16th      [b]Relegation :-([/b]
2030      1st Division North       54      31      15        1.92       +0.96     1st      [b]PROMOTION[/b]

[b]OVERALL                            42      22      36        1.49       +0.19     6th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? Mid-table. We're too good for a relegation dogfight.

Missed the first update of the season - so the next update shortly will be a bumper one!

EDT: Have decided, for various reasons, to skip the mid-season updates for a year. I will post the end of season update when it gets to it (but it might be a while - work is crazy atm!)/

• 3 months later...

Hi all. I was easily relegated last season and didn't get round to doing reports - and then I spent the whole of the last three months in a job that was a four-hour round trip away so haven't had time.

This is my current squad as I look to bounce back from the D1N again.

I think I will probably stick with end of season updates this time around to be honest, I will get through seasons faster. Anyone still following this thread, please let me know!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

End of Season Update 2032

Media Prediction 2032: 4th

A lack of consistency did it for us this year, although we weren't far off yet another immediate return, but with Fajers in decline, I think I'm doomed to a few years in the D1N now.

League Table - not a terrible season but I fear that's as good as it'll get for a while.

Swedish Cup - a tough group meant that the 2032 competition finished as usual at the group stage and my defeat to Sirius means I will not be taking part in that next year.

Squad

Only Blomqvist managed a decent season, and I'm very short on quality. I'll need to jettison some of the dead wood and take some risks on some younger graduates. Blomqvist was of course named player of the year.

Best XI.

Historical XI - no new inductees.

Significant Departures including Released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents.

Some major sales this year to raise funds, although I'm still in debt. Selling Stenlund was a very big call as he was a really good 'keeper and what I have now is pretty weak, but £100k was too much to turn down.

Youth Intake

Decent intake. Have sold one already but Olsson and Lundh have already played for the first team and there are various others with promise.

Finances - not looking good and even if relegation will follow, I really do need promotion soon.

2030      1st Division North       54      31      15        1.92       +0.96     1st      [b]PROMOTION[/b]
2031      1st Division Elite       13      23      63        0.63       -1.07    16th      [b]Relegation :-([/b]
2032      1st Division North       50      12      38        1.62       +0.19     4th       

[b]OVERALL                            42      22      36        1.49       +0.19     6th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? If I can avoid relegation, I think that will do. I need to start rebuilding. A new striker needs to come forward, one who will score at least almost as many goals as Fajers in his pomp. I also need my promising defenders to start delivering. I will be having a tactical revamp, too.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

End of Season Update 2033

Media Prediction 2033: 4th

A dismal end to the season saw us scrapping even for a playoff place, and the final game against Assyriska was a straightforward playoff for a playoff place. It was even more disappointing that we hammered them, in some ways, because a couple of better performances before that in the final month or so would have seen us up. Three wins from the last eleven games, and to miss out on automatic promotion by four or five points is pretty tough to take. Still, it was a lot better than I was expecting this year.

In the playoff against Falkenberg, the first leg was a crazy game where it seemed we had got a creditable draw from 2-0 down in the last ten minutes only to suffer final minute defeat. The attendance of nearly 2,000 broke all sorts of records and gained us a significant chunk of gate receipts. In the second leg, we took the lead dramatically with a direct free-kick two thirds of the way through the game, but an own goal soon afterwards ended our season. Close but no cigar.

League Table - much better than I expected. In fact it was my best ever non-promotion season. That's not a bad stat!

Swedish Cup - no group stage this year after getting a tough second round draw. We actually played really well and we took the lead, but we conceded three late goals to bow out. Massive money-spinner, though, of course.

Squad

Hermannson and Sandvarn particularly impressed this year, though Blomqvist still did well and seems a major crowd favourite since he still won the Player of the Year award. We need a striker who can score at least every other game, though. Sorry, the player screenshots were taken before the playoff (I forgot)!

Best XI.

Historical XI - no new inductees, but still some really odd ones - Carlson???

Significant Departures including Released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents.

Liljestrand was sold for a massive fee and loaned back to me until the end of next season (hence the loanee in the squad screen). Three further players have left since the end of the season including the last hope for the Guatemalan challenge I set myself - the one decent graduate I have had from Guatemala has left now.

Youth Intake

Ossama Mohammad is the most promising player for a while and has already made a few first team appearances. Still no sign of a really genuine goalscorer.

Finances - major issues which mean promotion is becoming urgent for financial if not footballing reasons.

2031      1st Division Elite       13      23      63        0.63       -1.07    16th      [b]Relegation :-([/b]
2032      1st Division North       50      12      38        1.62       +0.19     4th       
2033      1st Division North       54      15      31        1.77       +0.23     2nd      Lost in promotion playoff

[b]OVERALL                            41      22      37        1.44       +0.08     6th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? Oddly, I still dont think promotion despite performances that were better than expected this year. We are looking very thin up front. I have quite a few youngsters who are coming through who should peak in 3-4 years. If I can get promotion in 2 years' time, I think there's every chance I could finally establish myself in the Elite league. I did it briefly in 2028 but it went downhill rapidly after that.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

End of Season Update 2034

Media Prediction 2034: 4th

The run in was unbelievably frustrating. We kept losing and then being given another chance but because we were so inconsistent, we never took advantage of it. Going into the last two games, it was still somehow in my own hands due to the fact we were playing Sleipner, the only team in front of us, in the final game. We managed to get a big win against Umea which meant that the final game was, indeed, a promotion playoff. However, with Karlstad a point behind us in third, it was probably going to be a case of win or bust - the playoff was always looking unlikely. It was very disappointing that the game was effectively over before half-time, and a pretty dismal performance. However, Vasteras SK put in a supreme second half performance against Karlstad and I had another chance...

The first leg against Trelleborgs could not have gone much better. We utterly dominated and I felt that the Elite league was within touching distance already. It also set another new gate receipts record of £28k from just one game! Attendance of a capacity 2000 was about five times our average gate, and I don't think we've ever had more than 500 at a league game yet. In the second leg, despite going two down early in the second half, an inspired thirteen minutes saw us score three to win promotion back to the Elite.

League Table - it should have been automatic, probably - but who cares? We're back up!

Swedish Cup - we were unlucky to lose narrowly to a Premiership side and it did clear some of our debt. It makes me think we can hold our own in the Elite league if we're running Premiership teams close. AIK were the eventual winners, too.

Squad

Far more high performers this time around. I couldn't hold on to Sandvarn, but all the other big performers are staying. Blomqvist and Karlsson's partnership is developing quickly and will be crucial next year. Ossama Mohammed is the best player I've had through for a very very long time (possibly since Fajers) and has been amongst my best players in his first year. Nils Wiberg has also been a revelation in his first season. Karlsson won the player of the season award.

Best XI.

Historical XI - finally a new inductee (Sandvarn), but he's leaving!

I was awarded the Manager of the Year gong for the promotion, but I don't really feel I deserved it - automatic promotion should have been secured.

Significant Departures including ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when

they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents.

It's the big 'un. Jesper Fajers has hung up his scoring boots. He's had a terrific career for me, scoring 272 goals in 446 games. What a legend and he is already missed - with a Fajers in his pomp, we would definitely have been promoted this year, and in fact we would probably be more established in the D1E by now. He has, however, joined my coaching staff. The only other significant departures are those who left in the close season. Losing Sandvarn is the only real blow, he was doing so well.

Youth Intake

Not a single genuine striker, unfortunately. Some decent players though, and it seems that Dahlberg could provide some backup at least, if not more up front.

STOP PRESS: This won't happen as he has been poached. I'll get compensation of up to £50k but still, that's annoying.

Finances - twenty thousand extra (more than double) next year in sponsorship will help.

2033      1st Division North       54      15      31        1.77       +0.23     2nd      Lost in promotion playoff
2034      1st Division North       50      19      31        1.69       +0.77     2nd      [b]PROMOTION[/b] via playoff

[b]OVERALL                            41      22      37        1.45       +0.11     6th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? I think it was the right time to go up. Karlsson seems to have stepped up a level and with Blomqvist at his peak now and some really strong defenders improving all the time, I think another season in the D1N would have been a waste. But I do need a new striker to come through soon, definitely, if I'm to really start pushing on up the Elite league. A new Fajers. A season of struggle is coming up but I think the defence SHOULD see us to safety. Needless to say, finishing 12th (or indeed 14th if I can win the playoff) is the limit of my ambitions next year.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

End of Season Update 2035

Media Prediction 2035: 16th

After a superb start we couldn't maintain our form and in the end our run-in only just did enough - and indeed a reversed result in the game between the two teams below me would have seen me in a relegation playoff. However, I would have taken this at the start of the season - it was just that the first few games made me think we could do better.

League Table - would definitely have taken this at the start of the season but in April and May I thought it would be so much better.

Swedish Cup - pretty poor performance in the second round this year.

Squad

The strikers were by far the best of the squad and in order to move up the league I need good performances from my defence and midfield too. But Oberg is only a year into his development and looks good, Mohammad likewise despite a big drop off this year, and I have two top 'keepers now. Karlsson's impressive performances earned him the player of the year award for the second year running.

Best XI.

Historical XI - Karlsson inducted.

The cash transfers were not players I had high hopes for. The release of Larsson was a shame because he had looked promising but never fulfilled his promise. Bergman never played and Forsstrom was decent but would never have been brilliant.

Youth Intake

A, B and C have all moved up into the senior squad already in an attempt to start rebuilding a squad that is looking threadbare. Fredriksson is the first 5* CA I've had through for a long time, though.

Finances - being in this division does wonders for the finances and if I can stay here for a few years I'll have some reserves, I should think.

2034      1st Division North       50      19      31        1.69       +0.77     2nd      [b]PROMOTION[/b] via playoff
2035      1st Division Elite       33      10      57        1.10       -0.47    12th

[b]OVERALL                            41      22      37        1.43       +0.08     7th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? Mid-table. I'll set myself a target of 40 points, which this year would have had me in 9th. I'd like to get into the group phase of the cup, too: that would swell the coffers a bit.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

End of Season Update 2036

Media Prediction 2036: 13th

We had a very up and down season and probably should have actually been promoted in the end, but a disappointing defeat to Motala was a final nail in the coffin. Still, I far exceeded my own expectations this season and the very fact that we perhaps should have been promoted this year shows I have the chance to go one or two better next time around.

League Table - once again, good progress is masked by the disappointment that it wasn't better.

Swedish Cup - easy game to qualify for the group phase, but three Premiership teams did for me in the , despite some brave performances.

Squad

Blomqvist (who won the fans' player of the year award) and Karlsson once again dominate the side, although the progress of Fredriksson and Mohammad amongst others is the main reason for the improvement this year. One or two more and we'll have a side capable of surviving in the Allsvenskan. Real progress.

Best XI.

Historical XI - Dominguez was inducted this year but only on the bench. I need to get some defensive players into here - we haven't had any really good ones for a while.

An awesome deal for Johansson who was never going to be a first team player. Per Ek never quite made it either.

Youth Intake

Some real promise here but no-one who is already a superstar. Gut feeling is that none of these will be long term superstars.

Finances - massive advances. This league is a huge step up financially and establishing myself here should secure the club financially for some time.

2035      1st Division Elite       33      10      57        1.10       -0.47    12th
2036      1st Division Elite       44      23      33        1.53       +0.37     7th

[b]OVERALL                            41      22      37        1.44       +0.09     7th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? At least a playoff place. Unlike in previous seasons when I've made big strides forward quickly, I think this time around I have a young enough side to keep pushing up. The two five star players I've had through in the last few years are really pushing us up to the next level.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

End of Season Update 2037

Media Prediction 2037: 13th

Some patchy form in the second half of the season (first four games - two wins and two draws - hidden here) cost promotion this time around but the fact we led the table for most of the season shows we are getting closer and closer. The Trollhattan game cost us promotion I think - we should have won that one.

League Table - an improvement but we led the table for most of the year so it was disappointing in the end.

Swedish Cup - a tough group saw us collect zero points, but we're back in the group phase again next year.

Squad

Blomqvist is improving with age but the problem is there is no-one close to his level of performance. Fredriksson is a good player and will keep goal for twenty years at Moron, probably. But I need more players who are capable of average ratings over 7 in a season. Oddly, Fredriksson was given the player of the year award.

Best XI.

Historical XI - Stenlund and Martennsson inducted this year.

Significant Departures including Released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club

and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents.

Liljemark and Stenlund were disappointing and it was time for them to go. Jonasson was never going to make it so £28k was a good price.

Youth Intake

Some really good players here. I might have a new top class striker in Carlsson who is quick and can finish.

Finances - we had over £1m in the bank at one stage. Staying at this level will do wonders for the finances and if we can make it to the AllSvenskan... things might get a lot easier quite quickly.

2036      1st Division Elite       44      23      33        1.53       +0.37     7th
2037      1st Division Elite       47      27      27        1.67       +0.17     4th

[b]OVERALL                            41      22      37        1.45       +0.10     6th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? I want promotion now. Definitely. We probably should have had it this time around. Big news is that we have gone professional and had our scouting range upgraded. Does this mean that we will get a bigger range of youth intake?

Archived