Laptop question (not a which should I buy)

Which is more vital to help a laptop play mutliple FM14 leagues without getting sluggish  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more vital to help a laptop play mutliple FM14 leagues without getting sluggish

• More memory (get 32gig instead of 16)
    • SSD harddrive, get the 256GB SuperRAID -Dual 128GB Plextor® M5M mSATA] instead of a 500gig 7200rpm
    • Spend the money on processor, for a small increase (goes from I7 2.7 to I7 2.8

I have perused the Laptop thread and it is informative.

I am excited that FM14 is coming out and want to know which would help the game MORE for a laptop.

I want to be able to play multiple leagues without too much slowdown.

So which one of these components is more vital for FM 14?

A SSD drive?

A whole lot of memory?

A focus on buying the best processor?

Or focusing on a awesome Graphics card

I realize all play an important role, but gaming machines nowadays are geared toward graphics and FM14 is a whole different deal.

Should I opt for

A: 256GB SuperRAID -Dual 128GB Plextor® M5M mSATA] w/ TRIM[1080MB/s Reads] vs 500GB Seagate Momentus XT 7200rpm Hybrid SSD Hard Drive 2.5" SATA

B: Or would 32gigs of memory vs 16gigs be a bigger help to loading more leagues and not slowing the game down too much?

16 to 32 gb of memory isn't going to make much noticeable difference, and apart from loading the game, an SSD probably won't either. It's the processor. Get a modest graphics card, 8Gb memory, and a decent enough hard-drive and you won't see any problems, the processor is what matters most.

the best processor is key .. forget every thing els

SSD are far over rated . there is very little between ssd and a plain hdd sata3 ..

in fact my new build which has the very new i7-4820 and 16gb ram running at 2133 with a 2g 650ti boost card

and yet it is my SSD 256 GB which is holding back everything els ...

because the ssd drive can only read and write at the speed it can .. which in my case means my i7 is over kill .. too fast ..

here is my pc build ..

fw7h.jpg

yrvo.jpg

rv4t.jpg

1. Processor

2. Enough RAM

3. Moderate strength graphics card (if you don't play any other, more graphics intensive games)

4. "Disk". A SSD is not only faster in loading and saving, but it also very much helps the processor being as fast as it can. All those little pieces of data the processor and OS (and programs like FM) exchange all the time, will be done considerably faster with a SSD than with a traditional disk, meaning that the processor need not wait for data to arrive before it can start to process said data. Choosing a regular spin disk as your OS/system/program disk is like saying "thanks, but I insist on keeping my processor much slower and far less responsive than it could be".

SSD will only speed up the prossing time of the game .. but not by a mass amount .. milly sec in fact ... and if that all u want it for then though your money away .

a good ssd drive of 256 will not be cheap .. unless u go for a small GB space .. but your be running windows on there aswell .. so space is the key .. to what u put on it

Ram if you buy 32 gig . then you are barking mad ....

4GB is almost always enough for most people. For gamers, in reality, 6GB is better, but given the negligible price difference, it makes no sense to not go for 8GB. 16GB is overkill no matter what anyone says - unless they do something really atypical that can somehow utilize that much RAM... I have 16GB, and no matter what, I've never ever come close to filling it up even a 3rd of a way. I wouldn't even know how even if I tried.

The issue is that people who automatically just blindly go for crazy high RAM because they think that more is better, simply don't understand how RAM works and how it fits in the PC's "ecosystem".

I definitely recommend a solid state drive if you can afford it in your spec. After I've got accustomed to them, going back to a computer without would be like going from broadband back to dialup modems. It'll certainly give you more benefit than a marginally faster CPU or going from 16GB to 32GB RAM.

I definitely recommend a solid state drive if you can afford it in your spec. After I've got accustomed to them, going back to a computer without would be like going from broadband back to dialup modems. It'll certainly give you more benefit than a marginally faster CPU or going from 16GB to 32GB RAM.

I ended up going with that option thanks Hugo.

Archived