AS PAOK Salonika - Starting Season Transfer Budget

To the Devs,

Firstly great game and great work ofc. I just like to know what info you get from research to set out the starting teams transfer budget. I follow the Greek superleauge and noticed that "AS Paok Salonika" has a small transfer budget of 43k to spend. Let's not forget the team is owned by a business tycoon and is also in the UEFA cup. I've noticed that the team usually starts of on a very small transfer budget but seriously don't you think 43k is low for a team that enters european comps.

I'm curious because the players they have in the team earn thousands and 43k kinda makes me think it's like your given no money at all to make a transfer possible. The team did go through some serious financial obstacles though i'm still interested in finding out what info the Devs get to give each team a starting transfer budget.

Anyways i'm gonna give it another crack and see how it pans out over several seasons.

cheers

Researchers carry out the work for SI and they are actual fans. Now, most researchers have links with clubs or know a lot about the clubs. I'm not clued up on the Greek Leagues, but have they signed or did they sign many players last summer? If they did, then the transfer budget set by the researcher will be reflected by that.

The club has gone through some serious issues in terms of financing thats for sure. They had a project that spanded for several years and in that project they did get some great players. Due to them not qualifying for the champions league they couldn't maintain the player wages and nearly went bust and had to sell off most of them. Their new chairman did invest in the team apart from sustaining the debt from previous years. They have recently purchased a number of players not to forget they also loaned players. The cost of these new players is not adding up correctly with the contacts from Greece providing to the Devs. Well not much to do in this version since the new one is coming out.

Though i still find it very strange such a popular team in greece has only 43k to spare in the transfer window. surely this is not on. Even with problems in the past they always had a bigger kitty than 43k and also spent more than that in a season. Seriously the guys back in greece must be smoking something out of this planet. Don't forget I"m greek as well only living outside of greece.

Has the overall greek money situation affected it?

No, they spent 1M on a loan free for Miroslav Stoch for example. If they can afford 1M for a loan fee, they can almost certainly afford more than 43k...

And I believe if they win the league this year there'll be a lot more to spend. Their owner is very rich.

Archived