Furious!!

:seagull:

Just lost out on a player to R. Madrid in my Arsenal save. The player is a Leverkusen right back aged 21 and valued at £11.75m. I've been tracking him for a while and when they accepted Madrid's £5.75m offer, I made my move and matched it. Got rejected.

Upped to £7.5m plus £2.5m after 1 International. Rejected.

£10m plus £2.5m after 1 International plus £2.5m after 10 league games. Rejected.

£12.5m plus previous add on's. Rejected.

£15m plus previous add on's. Rejected!!!

Player joins R. Madrid for £5.75m. Seriously?!? There was no mention of any further add on's or other fee's in Madrid's offer yet this was deemed better than mine? Ridiculous.

To quote the Stones..."You can't always get what you want...but you get what you need"...unless it is, of course, what you want. I don't know any sport where an owner doesn't throw a fit because they don't get every athlete they think they deserve. Sometimes, you may be the best-paying option, but you're not the best option for the player.

you may be the best-paying option, but you're not the best option for the player.

This may be 100% true but it is of zero relevance to the OP. It doesn't matter about what the player would choose, and indeed in many circumstances Leverkusen should never have accepted the offer from Real Madrid, so the player wouldn't even have had a choice, even if he would have maybe chosen lower pay.

Thankfully Adzke completely solved the issue.

Is it Carvajal? They should have an agreed upon buy back clause as part of the original transfer from Real Madrid. He joins them in real life as well.

Yup!

From his Wikipedia entry:

On 11 July 2012, after failing to appear once in official matches with Real's first team,[2] Carvajal signed a five-year contract with Germany's Bayer 04 Leverkusen for a transfer fee of €5 million. The Spaniards added on a buy-back clause in the region of €6.5 million if they wanted to re-sign the player after one season, €7 million after two seasons, and approximately €8.5 million after three

Is it Carvajal? They should have an agreed upon buy back clause as part of the original transfer from Real Madrid. He joins them in real life as well.

Yes it was, and thanks! Would have been good if the game had flashed up a message of some kind to explain that instead of just one saying that they had rejected my bid lol.

Satchy, whilst I would love to believe your sentiment, this is football where money is everything :D

Herbert, precisely :)

And finally, DizzyPenguin, thanks for the Wiki info!

My rage has now abated :lol: and I shall turn my attentions to another right back to replace Sagna when he retires!

Hissy Fit over.

Guest Satchy
Satchy, whilst I would love to believe your sentiment, this is football where money is everything :D

Francesco Totti and Daniele De Rossi, I rest my case. :D

Archived