FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

Right i have a quick question?

i just payed 49m for Bojan

scr877d1abgl5.th.jpg

also have Rooney who i paid a silly 100m but he has been good.

scr877e8aezy7.th.jpg

then i have Adebayor:

scr87801f2ok3.th.jpg

and then Villa:

scr87817adzo4.th.jpg

and also Vela:

scr8783075va1.th.jpg

my question to you is should i sell Villa now he is 29? or Adebayor? or try and atempt to keep them all happy? i dont like rotating much and love to stick too any player who is playing great and usually i end up with at least 1 striker who is very consistant so he doesnt get rotated. i play with 2 up top so i think i should have at least 4 strikers. but i also have Ronaldo and Dos Santos who if needed can play up top.

and a couple of decent regens too.and Walter who is starting to look alright.

anyways just wondering what you guys think?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, So I'm pretty new to this, and have a problem. I seem to do so well playing 4-2-3-1 formation, but would desperately love to play how arsenal do irl. i.e wingers cutting in, 2 strikers and so on. However, when I (try) to replicate this, the games are so, so boring. Mostly 0-0, with opposition sometimes dominating. not much info I know, but could anyone at least prod me in the right direction of a few decent tactics to resolve this?thanks

Originally posted by keiran123:

Ok, So I'm pretty new to this, and have a problem. I seem to do so well playing 4-2-3-1 formation, but would desperately love to play how arsenal do irl. i.e wingers cutting in, 2 strikers and so on. However, when I (try) to replicate this, the games are so, so boring. Mostly 0-0, with opposition sometimes dominating. not much info I know, but could anyone at least prod me in the right direction of a few decent tactics to resolve this?thanks

Would you like to try my tactic? It's a 433 with the wingers cutting in. It's on the last page if you want to try it. I just beat Charlton 8-0 with it.

Also the person whos trying my tactic how are you getting on with it?

Originally posted by keiran123:

I think it's theincrediblehulk's tactic who some people are raving about. There's a link to it somewhere in this thread, but I've been looking around a little bit and can't seem to find it. I haven't downloaded it myself so I can't upload it for you - and even if I could, I better not as I guess theincrediblehulk want the recognision he deserves icon_smile.gif

Anyway, if you could post a bit more details about your tactic I'd be happy to help.

Where/when does it work? Where/when doesn't it work? What are your player instructions?

Try to think about your tactic - "if I set this player to run with ball, what will it do for my tactic?", "how do I want this player to play?" and so on.

It's a lot more enjoyable game if you do the "dirty" work of creating your own tactic, in my opinion icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by NozEE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keiran123:

I think it's theincrediblehulk's tactic who some people are raving about. There's a link to it somewhere in this thread, but I've been looking around a little bit and can't seem to find it. I haven't downloaded it myself so I can't upload it for you - and even if I could, I better not as I guess theincrediblehulk want the recognision he deserves icon_smile.gif

Anyway, if you could post a bit more details about your tactic I'd be happy to help.

Where/when does it work? Where/when doesn't it work? What are your player instructions?

Try to think about your tactic - "if I set this player to run with ball, what will it do for my tactic?", "how do I want this player to play?" and so on.

It's a lot more enjoyable game if you do the "dirty" work of creating your own tactic, in my opinion icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hulks tatics are on page 67 IIRC.

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NozEE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keiran123:

It's a lot more enjoyable game if you do the "dirty" work of creating your own tactic, in my opinion icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hulks tatics are on page 67 IIRC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, no it isn't unfortunately..

NozEE

Thanx for the compliments mate. icon_smile.gif

You'll find my tactics and an explanation on page 97. Hope they work for you guys. icon14.gif

Oh, and also, keiran123, NozEE is right when he says that its a lot more fun when your create your own tactic and try to play the game. However, if you're new to creating tactics, its a good idea to download someone elses and see how they've got their player instructions down and how they've got things set up. If you wish, download mine and play a few times to get a general feel of things. Then you can try to create your own.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

NozEE

Thanx for the compliments mate. icon_smile.gif

You'll find my tactics and an explanation on page 97. Hope they work for you guys. icon14.gif

Oh, and also, keiran123, NozEE is right when he says that its a lot more fun when your create your own tactic and try to play the game. However, if you're new to creating tactics, its a good idea to download someone elses and see how they've got their player instructions down and how they've got things set up. If you wish, download mine and play a few times to get a general feel of things. Then you can try to create your own.

Oh so close I got the 9 upside down.

Thanks very much hulk. Il put in a cheeky request for Bojan aswel. You never know i might get lucky.

Not much point there mate. You've got 2 hurdles to overcome there:

(a) Getting Barca to agree to the demands. Which is unlikely I think, and

(b) Convincing Bojan to join you at Arsenal. And that's near impossible for the first 3 seasons.

Cheers Hulk. I havent done anything as im working at the moment. How much money should i look to be getting for Toure? Also are Adebayor and Bendtner any good? Adebayor has had a shocker so far this season and so has Bendtner when hes played. Eduardo has 22 goal in 22 games and is putting them to shame really.

Thanks

dexta200

Serves you right for splashing out silly money for so many strikers! icon_razz.gif

I'd get rid of Villa for sure. Thats leaves you with 4. You can easily rotate them so they get 25-30 games each per season. That should keep them happy enough. Send your regens out on loan for a season or two. By that time, Ade would be 29 as well and at a prime age to sell.

cobras112

You shouldnt be looking for any money for Toure. He's a world-class CB and you wont find any that can match his pace and be as good as he is. If you do want to sell him for whatever reason, nothing less than 40M and even that is very cheap seeing what some of the other CB's cost.

If you havent been able to get Adebayor and Bendtner to score, theres something seriously screwy with your tactics. Those two are easily 1+ goals a game strikers dude. And that's without trying too hard. If you're on 8.0.2, Adebayor is by far the best striker on the game. On the previous patches, he's not as good but still brilliant none-the-less. Bendtner is very good for the first 2 seasons and then becomes unstoppable. Change your tactics. Thats all I can say tbh.

I think my game's fixed ;-) 29 games into season, Top of League, still in F.A Cup and Champ League and within 1 week Aguero, Adebayor Clichy and RVP have all gone out injured for a month :-(

I need a CM like Cesc, Javi Martinez, i already have these and Bodmer but want to get rid of Bodmer, tried getting Toulalan but they wont accept £30 million, any suggestions?

Where's Denilson?? He's much better than Martinez. Bodmer is quality as well so dont know why you wanna get rid of him.

Anyway it depends on the season you're in as well. If its early in the game, try Ever Banega, Alberto Aquilani, Michael Johnson. If you're say 3-4 seasons in, Henri Lansbury, Jack Wilshere should both be looking good. Also, maybe Georginio Wijnaldum.

Actually sorry for the double post guys...

Breno or Zapata? Both are going to cost me around 25m before I try unsettle them, cant really decide who is better...

Denilson is on season long loan, Bodmers not doing it for me and is constantly injured, 4 seasons in I think, was thinking of getting Johnson, already got Wijnaldum but is on loan too, Banega always seems to lightweight.

Thanks guys.

Sorry for the double.

Denilson is on season long loan, Bodmers not doing it for me and is constantly injured, 4 seasons in I think, was thinking of getting Johnson, already got Wijnaldum but is on loan too, Banega always seems to lightweight.

Thanks guys.

So get Denilson back from loan. You also have Wijnaldum you say. And maybe even Lansbury and Wilshere? They all usually turn out class so just get them back from loan. Whats the point of buying another player when you have options in your squad.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Sorry for the double.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Denilson is on season long loan, Bodmers not doing it for me and is constantly injured, 4 seasons in I think, was thinking of getting Johnson, already got Wijnaldum but is on loan too, Banega always seems to lightweight.

Thanks guys.

Cant recall them, I was looking for a replacement for Bodmer anyways so its not a proble, also getting Nani for £6.6 million icon_biggrin.gif

So get Denilson back from loan. You also have Wijnaldum you say. And maybe even Lansbury and Wilshere? They all usually turn out class so just get them back from loan. Whats the point of buying another player when you have options in your squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Mark.:

Actually sorry for the double post guys...

Breno or Zapata? Both are going to cost me around 25m before I try unsettle them, cant really decide who is better...

Breno for sure. He has all the right stats, and ability to become one of the best CBs on the game.

Originally posted by jonahno6:

Martinez is far better than Denilson tbh.

I'd have Denilson over Martinez any day of the week to be honest.

Hulk

Cheers mate, put in bids for both, in my game so far Zapata has better stats 19 Marking, 19 Heading, 20 Tackling, 17 Bravery, 15 Determination, 17 Positioning, 14 Concentration, 16 Acceleration,15 Pace ,17 Jumping and 17 Strength where as in the same order Breno has 16, 16, 15, 15, 16, 15, 17, 13, 13, 18, 17.

So in some areas Breno is better but Zapata is way better in the first 3 and seems to have a bit better physical stats.

Does that change your opinion? Or is there soem factor I am overlooking?

Yeah, Zapata is a bit of a chicken IIRC. He's one of those "is nervous about todays confrontation with so-and-so" players. I dont know how his determination is so high on your game tbh. He's usually on 11 or 12 on mine. He's probably the better option if you want someone to slot into the first team straight away. But remember Breno is a full 3 years younger and he get much better. He doesnt become as quick as Zapata but I think all of his essential stats reach 18/19 (about the same as Zapata's) and he becomes far better in the other areas as well.

What season are you in?

Oh yeap, that deffinately makes me lean towards Breno, Bayern seem more open to negotiation currently as well, will see what Udinese think of my first offer.

I am currently at the summer transfer window of season one.

im getting fed up with van persie. ive given him games, tweaked his instructions, trained him to AMC. played him there. and still he's not producing the goods. i dont know why. could him wanting "a new challenge" be affecting his performances? ben arfa is performing much, much better as a FC currently.

Originally posted by merridius:

im getting fed up with van persie. ive given him games, tweaked his instructions, trained him to AMC. played him there. and still he's not producing the goods. i dont know why. could him wanting "a new challenge" be affecting his performances? ben arfa is performing much, much better as a FC currently.

I don't know why he isn't performing for you. That's weird. I wouldn't sell him for anything on my game. He scored 19 goals and made 20 assists in 40(8) games last season for me, so he certainly is capable of playing well.

--------------

Quick question:

Silva for 42 mio? I could use a world class winger, and I guess he could produce the goods? His stats are just out of this world!

Mark.

Yeah, sometimes in season 1, Bayern are willing to let Breno go cheap IIRC. As little as 16M I've seen him go for. Zapata rarely goes below 20M though. And if you're unlucky, Inter will probably step in as well and that'll just make it near impossible to drive his price down.

If you want another opinion, get someone else for the time being. Because Sakho (who I'm sure you got) and Nordtveit both become MUCH better than Breno and Zapata. You can start giving Nordtveit games from season 2 itself. And Sakho should be ready for rotation by season 3. If you need a CB urgently, try to get someone who's getting on a bit. But if you do decide to buy out of the Breno and Zapata, then definitely Breno.

merridius

Sell him then. I dont know why he doesnt perform for you and as far as I know, the "new challenge" thing doesnt usually effect anything. But you should get good money for him and you should be able to buy yourself another striker I guess.

Hulk

Cheers will do that, might look into Mertesacker, never really used him, maybe Burdisso too. Gallas will be on his way out soon, though I think I might leave that till the end of season.

NozEE

Silva for 42m aint too bad really, it is expensive but he usually goes for crazy as prices. Great player if you willing to spend that much.

Originally posted by Mark.:

NozEE

Silva for 42m aint too bad really, it is expensive but he usually goes for crazy as prices. Great player if you willing to spend that much.

That's just the case. Normally I wouldn't buy a player for that much, but he just seems tot good to be true.

The case is though, that I've already bought for 38 mio - but then again I've sold for 36.

What the hell, I think I'm just gonna go for it...

Wow, Milan, Madrid, Barcelona and Inter have come in with bids of atleast 24 mio for Eduardo and as he hasn't been playing well, I'm very tempted to sell him.

Does he get any better - or does he perform well with certain instructions?

Sold!

For 20 mio upfront and 7.5 mio after 20 league goals and 20% sell-on fee.

Good deal if you ask me - especially now that Vela is back from loan and Silva has been bought for the wing which means RVP can play a bit more upfront!

End of season 1 update

A season of up and downs. Up because we won the league with 13 points to Liverpool in 2nd place.

Downs because we was knocked out way too early of both the F.A. Cup and the Champions Cup.

In the F.A. Cup we were knocked out already in the 4th with a 0-2 defeat against Everton who really has been my nemesis this season.

The Champions Cup fairytale ended in the quater finals with a 2-3 aggregated defeat against Valencia after us having knocked out Benfica in the first knock-out round.

Overall an okay season, but to be honest I was really dissapointed about the Champions Cup exit especially.

We'll be focusing on this trophy next in season 2!

Start of season 2

A couple of changes to the squad. A bit of reinforcement was needed on the central and defensive midfield. Gilberto Silva was getting on and Diaby just didn't cut it.

The wings could also use a bit of strenghtening hence the record signing of Silva for 42 mio.

Transfers in:

Sankharé, Younousse: 2.6 mio

Miguel Veloso: 16 mio

Diarra, Lassana: 17.5 mio

Silva: 42 mio

+ a couple of regens

Total: 80 mio

Transfers out:

Senderos, Philippe: 7 mio to Napoli

Diaby, Abou: 16.75 mio to Milan

Mannone, Vito: 3.1 mio to Deportivo

Gilberto Silva: 9.5 mio to Villarreal

Eduardo: 20+ clauses to Real Madrid

Eboué, Emmanuel: 12.5 mio to Barcelona

Total: 68 mio

Senderos wasn't needed as Taylor, Gallas and Touré controls the defence with Djourou as 4th choice and Sakho and Nordtveit coming through the ranks.

I couldn't resist the offer for Eboué as he hardly played last season and now I've got Diarra as RB backup, too alongside Gilbert.

Diarra has amazing stats, and I'm glad to see him back in the squad. Veloso is just one of the best DMC/MC's on the game, and he just outshone Michael Johnson - who was my other MC target - in every aspect.

No new striker will be added to the team as Vela is back from loan, Bendtner is developing nicely and van Persie will get a more attacking role this season since Silva has joined.

The community shield trophy was won with a 2-1 win against Aston Villa with goals from Touré and Eto'o, and the first 3 games in the league has been won too against some average opponents, so the season has started off nicely icon_smile.gif

fdh.jpg

Guys how do you think i can improve my squad? got 65 million to spend, main positions that im targeting ATM are Winger and goalkeeper, but looking into the possibility of a new DM. What you guys think and who do you think i could buy that would slot into the 1st team that will still fit into my budget. thanks in adnvance

okay, after singling him out for a "fantastic" performance during an after-match team talk and praising him form. van persie is no longer unhappy and in one game since has played MUCH MUCH MUCH (muchmuchmuchmuch....) better than before. he played much like he was in my previous games, working extremely well with adebayor and banging one screamer from outside the box.

conclusion? him being unhappy affects his performances. (at least thats how i see it)

Originally posted by merridius:

okay, after singling him out for a "fantastic" performance during an after-match team talk and praising him form. van persie is no longer unhappy and in one game since has played MUCH MUCH MUCH (muchmuchmuchmuch....) better than before. he played much like he was in my previous games, working extremely well with adebayor and banging one screamer from outside the box.

conclusion? him being unhappy affects his performances. (at least thats how i see it)

Yeh this has ****ed me off too, i playe RvP every game and now he decided he wants to leave, im gunna try your method and keep him because he has the most assist for my team.

Archived