If you didn't want to talk to me, why'd you apply for the position?

End of first season, team promoted, decided to cut out some of the team staff that I had allowed to remain despite their apparent deficiencies in certain training areas. Sent out some job postings, got my "here are the candidates who have responded to your job posting", reviewed all their qualifications, went to offer a position to a well-qualified candidate...and get a "I don't wish to speak to you about any positions". Er...then why did you APPLY for the position? To make your current manager unhappy? (although some of them were presently unemployed - wonder why, must be their charming demeanor). Out of 8 applicants, 2 or 3 refuse to have any discussion with me, probably another 2 or 3 are demanding a higher wage than I am making and at least 3-4x the maximum allowed by my board. So I often end up settling for the loser who expresses an interest in the press that he'd like to work for me (sometimes, it's just nice to be wanted).

So, is it my reputation? Are some candidates really just looking to get a dig in at their current employer? Is it my breath?

I've noticed this too. I just put it down to the game intentionally teasing you. Getting excited because a decent coach want to join when in reality he doesn't want to.

It stresses me out when a coach wants £600 a week but I can only do £450 a week and the absolute lowest they will go to is £475 a week and talks break down.

In the end you end up paying £450 a week for a coach who is so poor Stevie Wonder would do a better job.

Can you bring this up in the bugs forum please?

Okay, it didn't occur to me that it might be a bug, I just thought I was being jerked around like when I apply for "all jobs", go on vacation until I get some offers, and then pick the best job available.

It might be a bit too sophisticated to code for it to be possible, but could these guys be using you to boost their salary/employment chances elsewhere 'behind the scenes', so to speak?

It goes on IRL (it always irks the rejected folks, and is pretty unprofessional practice when you think about it)...but as I say, it might not be possible to put into FM.

Archived