Why do my DC's do this? [w/ video]

[video=youtube;EJ37R6dZwJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ37R6dZwJ0

My right DC (Risso) attempts to deal with the attacker and does a fairly poor job at which point left DC decides to charge out seemingly with the intention of giving Risso a cuddle as well leaving a big enough gap to land a space shuttle. I hadn't setup any OI's for that particular attacker so im not sure what's going on.

One of my big problems with this game is that even with world class defenders (and mine aren't, admittedly) i seem to fail at setting up a back four that keeps its shape instead of just charging around like a bunch of lunatics.

I've had the same problem before. A solution I've come to is setting one of my defenders as a cover, effectively telling him to close down less. Of course my defense still does this, but no were near as often.

Anticipation, Decision and aggression on your defenders also play a role here. In theory, your second Defender could have anticipate the pass and decide not to leave his position rather than act aggresive and charge to the opponent. In practice when the match engine want to @@ you they can :)

not posted on here for ages but i would say that the guy already explained that his DC's are not the best so i doubt they are gonna have high stats to qualify in working out the pass. My Barnsley team have the same issue to compensate this i have one on cover and the other on defend setting also set both to man mark. This has reduced them running around like 2 men demented and has stopped them shipping goals for fun.

As far as i can grasp with this version is that ticked items are not influenced by shouts and i find this works best when trying to keep a tight defence.

Archived