The Mongrels Clan

Dig_Dog

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dortmund, Mainz, Leverkusen.

What famous german club are you going to ruin next Davie?

Nice to see Sean doing well at Hannover, got a lot of love and respect for that club after my time there! Keep it up mate.

Looks like it is going to be a scrap for the 4th spot, anyway good luck for the season lads :)

Jamie - Gladbach

Sitting 3rd at the end of session on Thursday which is a great start to the season and one I didn't expect this early.

Being out of the cup has been a blessing as its allowed me to keep a consistent team all the way through and i'm looking forward to see where we can finish as we have already got the games against the big 5 away from home out of the way.

Steve - Hertha

I've not exactly been firing on all cylinders, but we are on a great run in the league right now. So it's good to be out front. Only I prefer to be on the shoulder putting the pressure on, than being chased down by the pack.

In the cup, we're still in it.

In the Champions League, we've won 4 of our 6 games and qualified. The problem is, I've played a second string in every game and unfortunately, we got beat by Chelsea and were pipped to second in the group as a result. We've now paid the price by getting City in the knockout round. However, this will make me play my best xi and I think my best xi will beat city 8 times out of 10. After all, my perennial sub, Wichnairek is their star striker.

Fingers crossed for a good week.

hertha_bsc_sticker.jpg

Steffen Effensheisse - Hertha BSC

Season Review

After a season that promised so much, Hertha ultimately fell short. At the half way stage, we looked in great shape. However, this was the point when things got serious and the point at which we usually have a wobble. Why? Well we have a thin squad and this is the time when we usually need to rely on huge fringe and backup players. I try to utilise these players during the season, mostly in the easier European games, but after the half way stage, the European games are knock out. Last season we made the mistake of playing a weakened side in the knockout and ultimately came undone because of it. This time we played the best side in Europe and rested players during the league games.

The result was we made the champions league final, and then fell apart in the league and dropped from top to 4th. In these league we were the victim of a lot of bad luck and lost games were we had most of the ball and most of the chances. Also, as is the way on FM14, once momentum goes against you, it's very difficult to break out of a dramatic nose dive in form. Despite this we were able to battle through in Europe, mostly with ease.

We did all the hard work in Europe and made easy work of a tough set of fixtures, brought on by playing the kids away to Chelsea in the last group game were a draw would have secured top position and so an easier draw in the knockouts. Instead, we ended up second and got a tougher draw. In the semi-final, we played the mighty PSG, who have the best attack on game with Zagovalko and Marcos Antonio (who Fred daubed the Roman Emperor). We beat them comfortably and reached the final where we faced an inferior side and where overwhelming favourites. Unfortunately, we faced Oli. We had tried to keep the squad fit in the two week break by playing a tune up friendly against Junior's HSV, and them to come out all guns blazing against Oli with the idea that when Hertha have a full team out and go full tilt against anyone, we usually blow the other side away, as PSG can testify. Our first choice side has one of the most formidable forward lines in the game with Ouatarra, Engels, Voznykevych, and Van Djik. Unfortunately, Ouatarra was dreadful and the Leverkusen side stood firm for 80 minutes. Unfortunately, the script was set. Oli was doing rope a dope style tactics and rolled off the ropes and hit us with a knockout blow, winning 1-0. Even Moilnari, who had come on for Ouatarra, had no answer, and for once, Hertha drew a blank. It was my attacking foursome who let me down, though Engels was the pick of the quartet. Ouatarra outraged me to the extent I've considered selling him, but he's Hertha through and through and so, he will be forgiven. Vozny is now past his best and perhaps whilst he might have carried us to victory on his own in such a game in the past, it's more that he's just a squad player now and not the man to turn to in a time of need. 32 is not retirement age. The game quite rightly has him slowing up, but he's not done yet. Instead I'm seeing other attributes rise as he turns into a more cultured player. If he was a few years younger, I'd turn him into a top AMC playmaker type. For now, he's going to remain in the side, and wait for Pasini (now 18) to force him out.

Thoughts for the future.

Hertha have a very bright future. We're very much financially secure. The fans are coming to the games in bigger numbers than ever before. We have 7 or 8 world class kids (21 or younger), most of whom are already in the first team squad. Also, we can leave Europe to the kids this season and concentrate on the league. As a result of Oli winning the CL, and us being pipped to 3rd by Sean, we're in the EL. Therefore, we're going to be a very dangerous prospect as we'll definitely by prioritising the league next season. Tush will be the undoubted favourite to make it 3 in a row, his 5th overall, but we'll be able to run him much closer.

Steve

sc_freiburg.png

Manager: Tushant

Club: SC Freiburg

League: Bundesliga

Season Overview

Had an ok season, won the league title but didn't get any other trophies. Lost 2-1 to PSG in the first knockout stage and lost 1-0 to Hertha in the Cup.

As it stands, my team is weaker than it was last season as I've had to sell players once again and have only brought in one midfielder. I'll be looking to work with the team I have left and try to push on to win more trophies.

The Other Noobs

Stu/Koln - Had a great season, expect him to be top 2 next season.

Sean/Hannover - Took over the team and finally made use of the amazing talent in the squad. None-the-less, was a surprise he got it all working so quickly, and he's my Manager of the Season. Expect him to be top 4 next season.

Steve/Hertha - Was leading the league at many points of the season but lost out due to some unfortunate losses. Reaching the CL final is quite an achievement, but some may say not a true measure of a team's quality, but beating PSG (arguably the best team in this save) over 2 legs is a top top achievement. Expect him to be top 2 next season.

Jamie/Gladbach - One of the newer managers to the clan. Has done really well to bring the team back to where it belongs. Expect him to be top 5 next season.

Oli/Leverkusen - Did not have a good season. Won the CL, but did worse than expected in the League and other tournaments. Has an amazing team and going by the transfers he's made so far, will be expecting a top 4 finish for him next season.

Fred/Schalke - Came back after a brief break (ragequit :D) and has handled the pressure well at the team. In my opinion the team shouldn't be anywhere near where it is, they have some good youth but compared to the rest of the top sides his current squad did not have the quality. Really good manager and I expect him to be top 5 next season.

Joe/Kaiserslautern - Had second season blues. Did extremely well last season but lost some steam this. He has a really good side and should have performed a lot better. He sold yet another player to Hertha this off-season and I'm not sure he will break into the top 5. Should be comfortably mid-table next season.

Mike/HSV - Should be performing better with the team he has. Mid-table next season.

Will/Werder Bremen - Team does well when his assistant plays. He has good players and a surprisingly good group of youth. Could be doing a lot better. Expect him to be bottom half of the table next season.

Davie/Dortmund - How he manages to underperform with top sides is a mystery for the ages. Now has Frankfurt who probably aren't as good as they were a few seasons ago, and will find it tough in this league. Expect a bottom-half finish next season.

Andy/Mainz - Has not performed to the level expected of his team. Mainz has a good squad, and he needs to utilise them properly to achieve the teams potential. Expect mid-table next season.

Adi/Aachen - Newest addition to the clan. At a big disadvantage since he has probably the weakest human team here. Did ok with what he had. Now has Bayern Munich who are in 2B. Should run away with the league.

Paul/Saarbrucken - Took over a team that did extremely well last season, but failed miserably this season. Has taken over Nuremberg who should be better than his old team, but will still find it tough going in this league. Expect bottom-half finish next season.

Stuart –koln

What a great half to the season we have had, we are looking strong and at times teams just can’t cope with us. With the season 17 games old I have scored a 67 goals already if I can keep this going I will be in for a very special season.

That’s all for now but a Full end of season report will be posted.

un3s.jpg

The first round of voting has now concluded and here are the results. The highest scoring 2 nations will now go to the final vote to decide the primary nation of FM14.

yd81.png

zgtp.png

So after receiving a total of 22 points each in the preliminary round of voting, the final vote will be contested between Germany and Holland

Jamie - Gladbach

Wow what a season somehow we managed to compete to the final stages of all competitions in a completely unexpected season.

In the league we pushed Stuarts on fire Koln to the final few games of the season for the title as my small squad started to tire. Also losing 2 games due to ass man having to take control due to game connection errors lost me a possible 6 points which could have seen us steal the championship.

In the cup my young reserves got to the final only not to turn up in the final in a comfortable win for Stuarts all conquering Koln.

Again my young reserves played the majority of the EURO cup getting to the semi final and Steves Hertha. We took the home leg 4-2 but once again my tired defence failed to turn up for the second leg and Steve finished a great comeback to win 4-1 and 6-5 on agg only to lose the final.

Great season in which the rotation has helped my youngsters come on a lot but the only position I couldn't do that was at CB with my main two playing 52 games each and probably ended up costing us a trophy.

Main Summer dealings - Kone 6.5 mill CB from Hertha still young but with games will be a future star for my team.

Sander 6.5 mill for a young DM/CM from Wolfsburg but cant remember his name.

Delaporte Free Winger/Striker who could be a bargain and already was motm in the german super cup

German Super Cup was played earlier today and we avenged last seasons cup final with a great 6-2 win over Stuarts Koln. 3-2 up and ref killed game with a sending off for Koln leaving Koln wide open as they pushed to get back into the game.

Happy with summer dealings and we are ready for the season to start Monday.

1yzl.jpg

Adolf Dassler - AndyF

After fighting many seasons near the bottom of the league it was good to see us in the top half of the table all season finally finishing a respectable 9th place.

In the German Cup a 2-0 defeat away to Wills Werder Bremen end our participation in the competition.

So the summer transfer window is upon us and some of the high earners bought in by previous managers have left on free transfers these include Scolari, Marin, Cordoba and Mununga some i would of liked to keep but I wasn't prepared to give them what they wanted. The only player to command a fee was Andriy Goncharuk who moved to Real Madrid for £12.5M. So to bulk up the squad and with some cash to spend I decided to plough all my budget in to the Solvenian international Peter Ferme from Koln for £15M. With money from Real Madrid in the bank Davide Brusa the pacy right back signed from Freiburg for £3.8M and another 8 players have joined either on frees or loans.

I'm looking forward to this season for a change as I have a decent sized squad before the first match of the season so ill be looking to rotate as much as i can.

Until Next Time.........

Diofreak-Dio

Time to introduce myself to all of those following this tremendous file so far.

My name is Dio and i am currently the only player from Greece in this game.

I only recently joined the rest of the lads but so far it is crystal clear that those guys took Football Manager to the next level.

Frankfurt

To get started from somewhere, i was invited to this file when the in-game date was the 1st of January 2027. No well known players around but plenty of new talents and regens around to deal with.

My first task was to save Frankfurt from relegation. It looked like a mission impossible but it was well worth a try to get used to the late date, learn the other lads and get going. Franks had 3 points after 16 games in the Bundesliga. But trully the squad did not deserve to go down. Anyway we all tried our best. Players reacted well during our first meeting and the first win VS Dortmund gave the squad a glimpse of hope.

The rest of the season was not as good as the beginning. Even tho Franks managed to get 15 more points it was not enough and relegation was upon us. The board shortly after the bad news released a statement announcing in brief the mutual termination of my contract ( ok ok i got sacked!):thdn:.

Werder Bremen

June 2027, and i have my second chance to prove my pure managerial skills :applause::applause::applause:

The boss of Werder Bremen welcomes me to my new team, shows me around the grounds, the locker room where my new squad was waiting for our first meeting. The club owner told me right away that no matter what happens in new season the fans want one thing. Attacking football and of course our goal is to avoid relegation (Media prediction 15th). If we agree to that we could procceed to all else. And thats where this new journey starts. Ambitious squad, experienced coaching crew, a few new transfers to fit squad tactics and a good crowd of 24k season ticket holders to boost the team achieve our goals.

Season started and we got our first home points vs HSV. The side looks excited, the fans are too, and we are all looking ahead for this season with a big smile :)

will was bremen :p

due to work i no longer can commit to the clan sadly so i have to leave had fun while i was in the clan wish dio all the best as the new member to take over in my postition in the clan and good luck to the other members might be back for fm14 if work lets up a bit hopefully i will be but will keep reading the posts and pmsl at davie killing big teams and getting the sack from them lol :p take all thanks for time i had.

Stuart – Koln

35je70l.jpg

League Season

At last it all came togetter how I have no idea the team just seemed to click this season and there was not a team around able to stop us. 105 goals in the league and matching the 82 points Tush got last season shows how good we was. Add the fact that we won all 17 of my home games with all of 4 goals let in shows what a great league season I had. Looking back I can’t think of one downside to season and it will be hard to top this one for sure.

German cup

Make it a double, As we won the cup for the first time since 1983, it’s always nice to do a double and to beat your Rivals Gladbach makes it that much sweeter. A 2-0 win the final was straight forward to my surprise as Jamies side never turned up. I was also happy that I was able to play a lot of my youth players in the cup uptill the final where I went with my strongest side. It really has helped my younger players to get so many games and green arrows are on show, so also good news for the future.

Champions league

At long last we did it. CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!! With one of crazy game. Trying to stop me being the First Manager to do the treble was Tush, his side had smashed up Real Madrid to get to the final, and playing Tush you know your in for a hard game. With 20min to go of the game I found myself 2-0 down I need to changed something and change it fast. I went and took the mother of all risk and pushed 1 of my CM upto AMC, with me already playing a 4231 with inside forward I ended up with a 5 man attack, This changed everything and Tush was unable to cope with wave after wave of attacks, I score a goal in the 83min and then again in the 90th to send the game into Extra time. After the late goal I went back to a Normal 4231. There was little change in Extra time so the game went to pens. I never have the best record at pens off the top of my head I think I’m 1 for 4 but my keeper who cost me 4.9m was about to write his name into Koln History by saving the first 3pens and see me win 4-2 in the shoot out it was a proud moment for me the fans and all who love the might Goats of Koln. GERMAN LEAGUE WINNERS 2026-27

GERMAN CUP WINNERS 2026 -27

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WNNERS 2026 -27

KOLN TREBLE WINNERS AND HISTORY MAKERS 2026-27.

What a season!!!.

2hgcuap.jpg

Steve - Hertha

Quick update, it's been 18 months in game time since my last post, but I'll deal with just last season in this post and leave this season for later.

Last time I was trying to be optimistic about heart break following my Champions League final defeat and the prospect of returning to the Europe League for the following season as Oli beating me in the final also meant my 4th position was not good enough to give me Champions League football the following season.

League

The season was terrible, it wasn't all doom and gloom, but the now familiar slump after the winter break saw a rapid to what had been an excellent league campaign as we went from clear at the top to an eventual second consecutive 4th position as we won 1 game in a 5 game period. We did find a bit of form again, but it was not enough to recover the lost ground and despite a brief renaissance, a poor finish including defeat on the last day to the champs, saw us drop back down to 4th.

Europe

In the Europa League we never bothered about the competition until we made the final. I changed 11 players for every game and gave full priority to the league. That said we cruised through to the final with ease. Then my first team turned up and bottled it in style, going down by the odd goal in five against a far inferior Lorient side. we had 25 shots to their 12, 57% possession, and our star man, Manual born was on 8.6 and running the midfield. Bad mistakes at the back cost us dear and we paid the penalty.

Cup

I never cared about the Cup and went out early.

transfers

I spent a few quid. I spent £29m on Hajo Helmer from Joe's Kaiserslautern. He did not have a £29m season and as largely a disappointment. 7.48 is not terrible, but for that price I expected a Partida like performance. The great man himself had an injury and was missing for half the season and that corresponded with our slump. £4m Koné had a nightmare in his place, So despite spending a small fortune trying to address my problem defence, and despite already having arguably the best CB in the league (4 times defender of the year) I was again weak. This gives me grave concerns. I also squandered £5m on a goalie I loaned out because he was not as good as I thought he was, £1m trying to shore up my back up left back slot after Oli snipered (that means stole my tranfer target by looking in the news section as to who I had bid for, rather than finding the player for himself) my main target. i also spent a couple of million on Werder's backup keeper to be my back up keeper, as well as giving Andy £2.5m for a promising young centre back who'll never be old enough to be good enough for me, but next season he such be close to my bench.

To pay for all this, I sold my centrebacks who were not good enough, some squad players and released a load more. The significant sales were Catamara for £6m after injury meant he was no longer the player he was having lost his top speed, and Alvarez for £15m. Alvarez was getting on and I made him the scapegoat for my poor defending, although he had more than a few nightmare games and really did have to be replaced. Looking back perhaps, I'd have been better keeping him and not shelling out £30m on Helmer.

End of a Legend

Nazar Voznykevych my star right winger played 24 league games, he's played fewer, when injured, but this marked the time when at the end of the season he was clearly not good enough to be first choice in my side no longer. That said he still weighed in with 10 assists and 7.12 is not a terrible rating. But at 32, we have to face reality and recognise he's now firmly past his best and with his speed dropping to a level where he is almost unrecognisable, it really is the end of an era. Don't get me wrong, the great man has lost speed and nothing else, and could do more than a job for 90% of the sides in the league, but we're talking about the best right winger in the league and someone who topped the assist charts game after game for the last 13 seasons. I'm nothing if not sentimental and Vozny will remain at Hertha, will become a coach, and will still get games. The task of replacing him will go to 18 year old Pasani who had better step up fast or I'll be in trouble.

Jamie - Gladbach

Solid season overall we never hit the heights of the previous season as although we got plenty of goals from my three main strikers there were very few from other positions in particular away from home. But we did manage to pick up two trophies the Super Cup and the German Cup.

League - Finished 4th never pushed front 3 due to poor away performances against the better teams.

Super Cup - Won 6-2 against Koln

German Cup - Won 2-1 in ET against Hertha in a tough game in which Hertha missed a pen and hit the post.

Champions League - Knocked out in Quarter finals against Juventus after leading 3-2 from the away leg we bottled it at home losing 2-1 to go out on away goals.

Summer dealings

Out went Gladbach legend DM Franowski for 8 mill and due to me not setting a minimum transfer fee on my other DM terriou he was sold by my ass man for 9 mill to PSG leaving me short in that positions with only my young midfielders left at the club.

Bringing players in has been a problem as I've not been able to find the quality experienced players I need to push on for a title charge so I've had to go young again and trust the youngsters I have at the club to grow ASAP into the players they can be in the few remaining seasons we have in game.

I did add Walke a young attacking mid with potential to add the midfield goals we need in time for a big 20 million from Mainz and a young CB/DM for 3 mill to add competition and cover.

Aims for the season will be to grow the young players for a title charge in the following season and try and keep a place in the top 4 which will be very tough with the wildcards a few managers have taken to go better teams and keep the interest going in the final few seasons making competition even tougher this season.

Archived